Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

NT Plus posted:

Oh man, like Dynasty Warriors 2? Man everyone with a spear did the same thing with some exceptions like Zhao Yun. Good times. :shobon:

I remember in DW3 my friends all "mained" someone from each of the three factions before we were even teenagers. Mine were Lu Meng, Jiang Wei, and Dian Wei.

Sima Yi, Gan Ning, Ma Chao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

many johnnys posted:

Mario Warriors mysteriously replaces the princess with another Toad

Or just work out something with square to do SMRPG Warriors. Playing as Geno, Smithy, Mack, etc could be amazing. Hell, all the protagonists already have multiple weapons associated with them. The Hurly Gloves for Bowser could be a lot like the great fairy in this game, and imagine taking down thousands of mooks with a frying pan.

Joke character would be Mallow Booster.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

mastajake posted:

Or just work out something with square to do SMRPG Warriors. Playing as Geno, Smithy, Mack, etc could be amazing. Hell, all the protagonists already have multiple weapons associated with them. The Hurly Gloves for Bowser could be a lot like the great fairy in this game, and imagine taking down thousands of mooks with a frying pan.

Nah gently caress this. Regular Mario Warriors is cool. You've got Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Peah, Daisy, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Koopa Kids, Yoshi, Toad, Wart, you knock the poo poo out of thousands of goombas and Koopas and Shy Guys and all the officers are weird poo poo like the dudes who vomit up spike balls or the fire breathing dinosaurs from World or any number of awesome goddamn Mario villains

drat I've really hyped myself up for this game we'll never get now.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

codenameFANGIO posted:

Nah gently caress this. Regular Mario Warriors is cool. You've got Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Peah, Daisy, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Koopa Kids, Yoshi, Toad, Wart, you knock the poo poo out of thousands of goombas and Koopas and Shy Guys and all the officers are weird poo poo like the dudes who vomit up spike balls or the fire breathing dinosaurs from World or any number of awesome goddamn Mario villains

drat I've really hyped myself up for this game we'll never get now.

I wouldn't rule it out just yet:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/hyrule_warriors_producer_would_love_to_work_with_mario_and_company

quote:

Hyrule Warriors producer, Hisashi Koinuma, certainly isn't against further collaborations with Nintendo, with perhaps more hack 'n slash action on his agenda. Speaking to Eurogamer at the Tokyo Game Show, Koinuma-san declared that he'd love to work on a Star Wars title, for one, but then mused on what would be an intriguing Nintendo project.

One of my ultimate dreams would be using that character with the red hat on top. There is a Smash Bros. coming out, we do see a lot of different characters coming together in an all-star roster, so hopefully in the long run we can work with Nintendo on something with a similar line, where we can provide or deliver something Nintendo can't in a sense with their own IP.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Hyrule Warriors is already about a wizard who pulls characters from multiple universes/timelines/whatever, so something of the sort with a smash-bros-esque roster would be bananas.

However, unless there's an actual announcement it's not worth getting our hopes up for. I don't expect it'll ever happen.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Why not? Hyrule Warriors was a huge success, I'm definitely expecting another Nintendo collaboration at some point.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Okay, I don't remember the Legendary Warrior quiz being that bullshit in the Wii U version. Ganondorf and a Bokoblin?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Medli reminds me more of Ruto and Fi :barf:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Twelve by Pies posted:

Okay, I don't remember the Legendary Warrior quiz being that bullshit in the Wii U version. Ganondorf and a Bokoblin?

I don't think it was. I think it was Ganondorf and Zant?

Anyway, use the boomerang.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Dizz posted:

Medli reminds me more of Ruto and Fi :barf:

so she's gonna be great :colbert:

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable
Yeah, Ruto owns nerds.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

King Crab posted:

Yeah, Ruto owns nerds.

Ruto is the best

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Ruto is good and fun, but kinda weak, but Fi is queen of weaklings.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Ruto and Fi are both great. Great Fairy is great. Everyone is great except Agitha

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fi isn't bad but she feels goddamn bad. Even when her damage is good it doesn't feel powerful and that sucks.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Ruto and Fi are both great. Great Fairy is great. Everyone is great except Agitha

Tingle, on principle :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

many johnnys posted:

Tingle, on principle :colbert:

The principle of... Tingle owns?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ImpAtom posted:

Fi isn't bad but she feels goddamn bad. Even when her damage is good it doesn't feel powerful and that sucks.

Yeah, feeling matters a lot in this game.

Of course you can train yourself to anything. As I learned well by slamming my head against the Wind Waker level 2 unlock on WiiU, which made the Wind Waker go from my worst to my best weapon in the game.

:shepicide:

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable
I like it when Agitha summons the beetle and it pops up back and forth all "Who's fuckin' next huh??".

She is ok by me.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zore posted:

Yeah, feeling matters a lot in this game.

Of course you can train yourself to anything. As I learned well by slamming my head against the Wind Waker level 2 unlock on WiiU, which made the Wind Waker go from my worst to my best weapon in the game.

:shepicide:

same but Zant (before I learned you could keep mashing strong attack to charge his meter, so when I learned that it was like taking off the weighted training gear)

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Okay now I KNOW you're talking poo poo.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I really wish Rapier Zelda had a better 'kill lots of mooks' move. Its actually pretty good at dealing with everything else so far, but that mission you have to A rank in the bottom of the Adventure map to get access to the Great Fairy was absolutely miserable because its tight and she doesn't just naturally clear out a lot of mooks while you're bursting down a Captain or whatever.

I had to actually go and farm two keeps to barely squeak over the KO requirement before Fi died.

I really wish I had the Dominon Rod or Wind Waker for that one.

EDIT: Wait... I'm pretty sure that used to be the Wind Waker level 2 unlock map.

huh.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Zore posted:

I really wish Rapier Zelda had a better 'kill lots of mooks' move. Its actually pretty good at dealing with everything else so far, but that mission you have to A rank in the bottom of the Adventure map to get access to the Great Fairy was absolutely miserable because its tight and she doesn't just naturally clear out a lot of mooks while you're bursting down a Captain or whatever.

I had to actually go and farm two keeps to barely squeak over the KO requirement before Fi died.

EDIT: Wait... I'm pretty sure that used to be the Wind Waker level 2 unlock map.

huh.

I like to use the one where she fires a bunch of light arrows up into the air. You can reorient yourself right before she busts out the bow. You use the zig-zags in her attack string to mess up the enemies in front of you, and then immediately turn and fire on the enemies in another direction (I find that behind and a bit to the side works best, but aim wherever they're the thickest).

It's not a great move if you don't know about the redirecting, but it's great and messing up crowds and taking keeps once you do.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Characters who are probably good but I'm bad at them: Rapier Zelda, Girahim, Cia, Darunia, and Volga

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zore posted:

huh.

Yeah, it's now the Skyward Sword Zelda skin unlock map which is a way better prize.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The Dominion Rod is so much fun

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, it's now the Skyward Sword Zelda skin unlock map which is a way better prize.

Agreed, I put that costume on and never take it off.

Skyward Sword Zelda is the best Zelda.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This is some bullshit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Vf08ImYJk&t=2222s

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I'm surprised at how low-leveled a lot of the Wind Waker map seems to be. I'm in the second area now (past the first headwind) and the missions there are still easier than a lot of those on the first Adventure mode map.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

many johnnys posted:

I like to use the one where she fires a bunch of light arrows up into the air. You can reorient yourself right before she busts out the bow. You use the zig-zags in her attack string to mess up the enemies in front of you, and then immediately turn and fire on the enemies in another direction (I find that behind and a bit to the side works best, but aim wherever they're the thickest).

It's not a great move if you don't know about the redirecting, but it's great and messing up crowds and taking keeps once you do.

Most of rapier Zelda's moves are pretty decent if you're fully charged up with light, except her C5. That move is awful because it has basically no range to it so you really only end up hitting guys that are right next to her, which ends up being like two or three KOs at best.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

For those of us who can't watch a 45 minute video for like, 12 hours, why?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

tithin posted:

They considered letting loose the Groose but didn't.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mastajake posted:

yeah they should totally make a warriors game based only on one, 20 year old niche mario spinoff that didn't even come out in europe

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Twelve by Pies posted:

Most of rapier Zelda's moves are pretty decent if you're fully charged up with light, except her C5. That move is awful because it has basically no range to it so you really only end up hitting guys that are right next to her, which ends up being like two or three KOs at best.

That's the giant triangle one, right? It looks so awesome, but it pushes enemies away before killing them or something, and ends up hitting practically nobody.

Zelda with light is good against crowds and giant bosses, and Zelda without light is good against big monsters (moblins, etc) and named dudes.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

many johnnys posted:

That's the giant triangle one, right? It looks so awesome, but it pushes enemies away before killing them or something, and ends up hitting practically nobody.

Zelda with light is good against crowds and giant bosses, and Zelda without light is good against big monsters (moblins, etc) and named dudes.

They got that move right with Tetra and Young Link though, thats what baffles me. Just give it a draw-in like Fi's C6.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

yeah they should totally make a warriors game based only on one, 20 year old niche mario spinoff that didn't even come out in europe

I'm waiting for Failed Mascot Warriors, featuring Boogerman and Glover.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

many johnnys posted:

Failed Mascot Warriors

oh look it's the title of Koei Tecmo's Sonic the Hedgehog game

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

many johnnys posted:

oh look it's the title of Koei Tecmo's Sonic the Hedgehog game

i'm picturing sonic in smash warriors and he seems like he'd be a lot of fun to play as if you can do stuff like boost through crowds of mooks and homing attack generals to death

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

tithin posted:

The link should take you straight to the relevant portion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i'm picturing sonic in smash warriors and he seems like he'd be a lot of fun to play as if you can do stuff like boost through crowds of mooks and homing attack generals to death

Mash Y to add a spin-dash to the end of any attack chain which just bowls through mooks in front of you. Hit Y in mid-air for a homing attack, up to 3 times.

• Locked thread