Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I knew you'd say that >:[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

I think what fucks me up about the suckers is that they look weak but they have a surprisingly high amount of health and sneak up on you out of nowhere

they have low health but very high slashing and blunt defense. thrust kills them insanely fast, two or three hits.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

what would u mod into BB if it were on pc

schindlers list/sin city mode where the whole game is black and white but the blood splatters are all in color

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

beep by grandpa posted:

what would u mod into BB if it were on pc

i don't think i'd mod anything, but i would see if there're any secrets associated with the yarnham stone, or the ring of betrothal

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i don't think i'd mod anything, but i would see if there're any secrets associated with the yarnham stone, or the ring of betrothal

the ring of betrothal does have a secret

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

ya pretty good one too

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

schindlers list/sin city mode where the whole game is black and white but the blood splatters are all in color

one of the first things my friend and I did when bloodborne first came out and I was watching him play through was we turned down the color and upped the contrast on his TV. it was insanely cool and awesome imo. we tried turning down green and blue but it gave everything a dull red tinge.

if there was some sort of program or device where you could take every pixel on the screen and put it through an intensity filter, where dull colors defaulted to white/black/gray but intense reds would be output as red, I would upload a playthrough of the game with that filter on youtube or something

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

I.N.R.I posted:

if u died to it u didnt dodge it :P

drat

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

isn't it just that you give it to annalise and she's like "nah. thanks, tho."

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
not sure what i'd mod, probably something stupid for gimmicks, like add a higher bullet max and do a gun in each hand run

i mean, im sure it's doable with blood bullets and a reiterpallansch already

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

id pretty much jjust mod it so you ddont have to farm blood vials because everything else is perfect

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Fungah! posted:

id pretty much jjust mod it so you ddont have to farm blood vials because everything else is perfect

that's a great point, yeah if there was a cheat code to give me 500 blood vials but it only worked in the hunters dream I'd never bat an eye at doing it ever.

there are times I think about doing a hard mode gimmick run then I stop when I remember I can't even really practice cause blood vials are so hard to get if you get stuck early game and they're required to learn :(

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

beep by grandpa posted:

that's a great point, yeah if there was a cheat code to give me 500 blood vials but it only worked in the hunters dream I'd never bat an eye at doing it ever.

there are times I think about doing a hard mode gimmick run then I stop when I remember I can't even really practice cause blood vials are so hard to get if you get stuck early game and they're required to learn :(

the 2 big fat dudes near the lift to the bridge can be reached super quick from the first bonfire and they are real easy plus drop alot of vials.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Yeah, the only thing I'd change is the non-refilling blood vials. It'd be cool if people could dig through the files and see what unused monsters and weapons are still sitting in the files. the unused Demons Souls owl mage and yeti are badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

This and I would I mod it so my character model was bayonetta

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'd mod it so gun parries/viscerals had a low % chance for a high dmg, full heal Zandatsu with all the sound effects, glowey eyes 3 backflips and everything DEAD ON!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'd mod it to port Demon's Souls into the Bloodborne engine on PS4 and then when you beat the game the broken archstone reforms and transports you to Iosefka's clinic.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tiny amgydalas

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'd mod it to port Demon's Souls into the Bloodborne engine on PS4 and then when you beat the game the broken archstone reforms and transports you to Iosefka's clinic.

Oh my god...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

:homebrew:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Id do a nude mod, and change of all the item names to stuff like Cum and poo poo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

here's what I'd mod into the game:

a special taunt where your character lights and smokes a pipe until you move the control stick

a wearable pith helmet and english explorer gear

a facial hair toggle in the main menu

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Oh, I guess i'd make it so Gratia's Fist can parry instead of just stagger

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

every lantern lets me teleport to any other visited lantern instead of back to hunters dream

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

beep by grandpa posted:

every lantern lets me teleport to any other visited lantern instead of back to hunters dream

This would legit be a good change

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

holy gently caress, yes

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

Id do a nude mod, and change of all the item names to stuff like Cum and poo poo

There's a bug in 3 rit now where you can see your characters bare rear end

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Benny D posted:

thats a feature

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

any screenshots of this? just curious..

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Google dark souls 3 butt Im not posting them :P

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

walking through the first four rooms of the first loran dungeon i got enough echoes to buy about a hundred blood vials.

chalice dungeons are good

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

|
o
------
|
\

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

CARRIERHASARRIVED posted:

walking through the first four rooms of the first loran dungeon i got enough echoes to buy about a hundred blood vials.

chalice dungeons are good

loran is where the echo yield starts to really ramp up. isz is just ridiculous

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

mod in a box in the clinic containing Gehrman's scythe

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

New characters should be able to buy every weapo n you've found on another character from the start. The echo cost would still make it difficult

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in ds3 they put a lot of varied, powerful weapons near the start of the game. glad they learned, doing a bumrush for your real weapon in bloodborne kind of sucked

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

can't wait for the bloodborne PC port to make all of these great ideas possible

Bloodborne: Prepare To Bleed Edition

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it really feels like they expected people to do multiple NG+ cycles to experience various weapons and chalices, but people seem to typically just roll new characters

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only build I haven't done is an arcane one and I can't really imagine making it from the start. Whats the most immediate offensive magic spell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

frank.club posted:

The only build I haven't done is an arcane one and I can't really imagine making it from the start. Whats the most immediate offensive magic spell?

depending on how you want to look at it, the torch and the flamesprayer both scale with ARC from the start, but aren't really "spells". i believe that augur is the first, and you get that in lecture hall (so... as soon as you get to forbidden woods?). i did a STR/ARC guy who used HMB and a saw cleaver, and mostly ignored ARC until I got the augur, when I started speccing into it. i didn't get to the point where i could only use ARC (that's like 50+), but i got decent enough stats where i had effective ranged options in the HMB's beams, blacksky eye, and augur, while being able to switch to my cleaver to get decent fast damage. i never bothered with elemental gems, and still had the damage capacity to do everything in the DLC without a problem.