Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

jyrka posted:

So what does he have to apologise for? Opie got a raise and apparently hated working with Ant anyway. Jumping on the gregshells bandwagon?
Ant's certainly entitled to his Opie opinions, but he did publicly motherfuck the guy, he put a lot of the firing blame on Opie for not going to bat for him. And selling T-shirts making fun of Opie's tits is a little beyond the pale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

He does have big tits, there's no getting around it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

jyrka posted:

So what does he have to apologise for? Opie got a raise and apparently hated working with Ant anyway. Jumping on the gregshells bandwagon?
How about nearly killing the show instead of just himself with his racism

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Nearly?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yes, Opie was allowed to stay on the air. :confused:

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

jyrka posted:

So what does he have to apologise for?

There was the time Opie asked to borrow a sweater...

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
There was that time he asked Opie if he wanted grapes. :ohdear:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Ransom posted:

There was the time Opie asked to borrow a sweater...

:golfclap:

That's hilarious, but Opie wouldn't get it.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

ffs those reddit guys have turned this dude inside out. he has to clarify everything before he says it now.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Chromatic posted:

ffs those reddit guys have turned this dude inside out. he has to clarify everything before he says it now.

Good. Nothing is too terrible for Joe Cumia, a man who has accomplished nothing in life outside of being born from the same loins as 'ol pissy-eyes. He knows a dude who was handed third base, but is convinced he himself hit a triple.

Okay, the Black Earl song was good.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

ada shatan posted:

:golfclap:

That's hilarious, but Opie wouldn't get it.

That one actually passed me by :saddowns:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Good. Nothing is too terrible for Joe Cumia, a man who has accomplished nothing in life outside of being born from the same loins as 'ol pissy-eyes. He knows a dude who was handed third base, but is convinced he himself hit a triple.

Okay, the Black Earl song was good.

Note that Brother Joe's biggest compliment is still steeped in racism.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

I don't know if Joe is aware of this (he seems not to be), but you actually can logically be considered racist even if you're only quoting facts and statistics.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

CrashCat posted:

Yes, Opie was allowed to stay on the air. :confused:

I've tried listening to the "best" segments Opie Radio has had. Pete Davidson walking the Stangels, the big fight with Jim. It's not even listenable to me. That drunk racist lunatic was the entertainment factor they needed. The show is dead, dead, dead.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

I've tried listening to the "best" segments Opie Radio has had. Pete Davidson walking the Stangels, the big fight with Jim. It's not even listenable to me. That drunk racist lunatic was the entertainment factor they needed. The show is dead, dead, dead.

I wouldn't give Ant that much credit. It's more like Ant and Jimmy had an incredible rapport that managed to hold down Opie's more intolerable qualities and when Ant was fired Jimmy was left adrift and Opie's douchiness was finally realized. It speaks volumes that I would rather listen to Jimmy and Ant talk about The Ropers even today than listen to Opie with two professional writers trying to make him funny.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I wouldn't give Ant that much credit. It's more like Ant and Jimmy had an incredible rapport that managed to hold down Opie's more intolerable qualities and when Ant was fired Jimmy was left adrift and Opie's douchiness was finally realized. It speaks volumes that I would rather listen to Jimmy and Ant talk about The Ropers even today than listen to Opie with two professional writers trying to make him funny.

Oh gently caress you, now I had to go listen to it. Waa waa waa.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Buffalo squeeze posted:

Oh gently caress you, now I had to go listen to it. Waa waa waa.
So! Isn't this great?

https://youtu.be/9euCGpQDZEw

Yeah not quite related but the first thing that came to mind. Also even this clip has OCD Opie breaking the flow and shoving the conversation to something else just as it was ramping up.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Apr 3, 2016

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn2xSNv0TSk

i just saw this and imagined anthony as this dude

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
I listened recently and it was just Opie and Chris Distefano watching a Keeping up with the Kardashians episode in real time.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

feigning interest posted:

I listened recently and it was just Opie and Chris Distefano watching a Keeping up with the Kardashians episode in real time.

I've been listening to the Ian Halperin on O&A playlist (god help me), and it's clear that the Opster has long been into awful reality shows and celebrity gossip. While Ant & Jim relentlessly attempt to derail Ian (thereby creating humour), Opie seems genuinely interested in and informed about the celeb world. It's embarrassing for all involved.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Opie doesn't watch movies or any tv shows outside of the E! network. He's a complete dullard. Even vos tries harder

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Oh Anthony :allears:

deleted tweet posted:

Hey, got my phone for a bit. Doing really well. My judgment isn’t much better though. I think I’m in love with a 19yr old heroin addict.

https://twitter.com/JimNorton/status/717742788616536064

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 6, 2016

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

I'd prefer if he just blew his brains out at this point.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Don't forget the long, rambling Facebook post by Ant's brother noting that he had smuggled in some wine and a cell phone to Ant shortly after check-in.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Good this is being taken very serious.

Their whole family is garbage.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Don't forget the long, rambling Facebook post by Ant's brother noting that he had smuggled in some wine and a cell phone to Ant shortly after check-in.

Details?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Here's the post itself, saved for posterity: http://archive.is/J6mIx

Amidst the update about Ant in rehab, he tries to make jokes about Ant's resilience and rats out the wine and the phone.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Basically they are treating it like a short jail sentence in a gangster movie. But with vulnerable teenage addicts.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

jerkstoresup posted:

Basically they are treating it like a short jail sentence in a gangster movie. But with vulnerable teenage addicts.

Discount GoodFellas! You see, Joe makes this sauce where he cuts the garlic so thin it liquidifies in the sauce....

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Here's the post itself, saved for posterity: http://archive.is/J6mIx

Amidst the update about Ant in rehab, he tries to make jokes about Ant's resilience and rats out the wine and the phone.
Ant is a horse's rear end and all, but I think the wine stuff is Joe just being inarticulate. He's saying Ant saw some hot heroin addicts in there, and it'd be nice to scoop up two or three of them and enjoy some wine. I don't think he's literally saying "Ant is hanging out with three of them and drinking wine."

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Cumia brothers are retarded

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Cromulent posted:

Ant is a horse's rear end and all, but I think the wine stuff is Joe just being inarticulate. He's saying Ant saw some hot heroin addicts in there, and it'd be nice to scoop up two or three of them and enjoy some wine. I don't think he's literally saying "Ant is hanging out with three of them and drinking wine."

He's awfully specific about wine, especially when Ant is better known as a beer drinker. Not to mention being inebriated in some fashion would explain the tweet and the fact that he's a sad alcoholic.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

He's awfully specific about wine, especially when Ant is better known as a beer drinker. Not to mention being inebriated in some fashion would explain the tweet and the fact that he's a sad alcoholic.

I wonder if he's making Pruno in rehab.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
The only people not enabling Ant at this point are Ron, Jim, and Ant's lawyer. He's going to come home to a full bar, an ex-cop flunkie, and a hanger-on brother that have no interest in helping him with sobriety. If Ant is sober, confronting his issues head on, and thinking clearly he'll realize how they've been a bunch of enabling yes-men. Maybe he'll learn some things that might stick in his head leading to a future rehab, but I doubt he'll get sober from this run. He's a funny guy, I hope he can accept help and work on his problems.

If he goes to jail though, he won't spend that time working on his problems. He'll go full tilt Aryan Nation and come out of it more hateful than before.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

ozza posted:

I've been listening to the Ian Halperin on O&A playlist (god help me), and it's clear that the Opster has long been into awful reality shows and celebrity gossip. While Ant & Jim relentlessly attempt to derail Ian (thereby creating humour), Opie seems genuinely interested in and informed about the celeb world. It's embarrassing for all involved.

Opie is a man who keeps posting Donald Trump Photoshop-head videos on YouTube and at one point couldn't stop harassing Kim Kardashian on Twitter.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

shyduck posted:

The Cumia brothers are retarded

Whole family's all rats.

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

Opie, Anthony and Jimmy are all awful people and I'm glad Reddit and Twitter has been their downfall.

Riotgrrill fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 7, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Ron & BL hosted Anthony's show today and it didn't disappoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Jezebel picks up the story of Ant and his 19 year old Heroin lover

• Locked thread