Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Guy had an arm like a fuckin' eggplant

EDIT: Now that it's a new page, I cannot stop laughing at these videos of the truly revolutionary Star Citizen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWeTw2DXfUE

Pope Corky the IX has a new favorite as of 19:11 on Apr 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Over 4 years and 90 million dollars, bigger than Witcher 3 or Phantom Pain, and all they have to show for it is Gary Oldman's flapping mouth.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

:gary: And these excellent emotes. :yarg:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

T-minus until someone makes a Loss edit out of those?

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

Didn't I see this outside of an airplane recently?

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Regalingualius posted:

T-minus until someone makes a Loss edit out of those?

:gary:                :gary: :yarg:
:gary::yarg:     :gary: :gary:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Peter Gabriel and his videos are a treasure to the internet :pgabz:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Actually, throwers don't worry about ticking 'cause modern bombs don't tick. But, when a suitcase vibrates, then the throwers gotta call the police.

Nine times out of ten it's an electric razor, but every once in a while...it's a dildo. Of course it's company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo. Always use the indefinite article: a dildo, never your dildo.

quote:

German police brought in a bomb squad and evacuated a gambling hall when they heard a strange noise emanating from a garbage can, but declared a false alarm after the source of the humming sound turned out to be a sex toy.

Authorities on Tuesday night cleared about 90 people from the business and nearby premises and closed off a street in the eastern town of Halberstadt, after a staff member heard suspicious vibrations echoing from a metal garbage bin in the men's toilet, police said.

Three explosives experts of the Office of Criminal Investigation in the state of Saxony-Anhalt were called in and cautiously examined the contents of the bin -- only to find the offending object to be not a bomb, but a battery-powered penis ring.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Oops, that's never happened to me before. - that guy.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Phanatic posted:

Nine times out of ten it's an electric razor, but every once in a while...it's a dildo. Of course it's company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo. Always use the indefinite article: a dildo, never your dildo.

:golfclap:

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

I watched my friend do this with a rifle.

josiahgould
Nov 10, 2009

Speed holes.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

It is :allears:

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
http://i.imgur.com/QER841M.gifv

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

This is a twofer :allears:

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

No more slavery talk please.

You shouldn't laugh, this kid died. My friend was a policeman on the scene and he had to be the one to notify his next of pumpkin .

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

He's not taking any chances. First a kick to the face followed by a chokehold.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Helios Grime posted:

He's not taking any chances. First a kick to the face followed by a chokehold.

What was he trying to do in the first place? I've spent ten minutes trying to figure it out.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

TheSpiritFox posted:

What was he trying to do in the first place? I've spent ten minutes trying to figure it out.

Probably just wanted to see if he could touch the lamp with his foot.
Edit: And the girl probably wanted to photobomb the video.

Also just go with the only reasoning you need for 80% of schadenfreude/fail videos/gifs: Alcohol

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I can only assume someone took his wheelie bars off and he didn't notice.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Your Gay Uncle posted:

You shouldn't laugh, this kid died. My friend was a policeman on the scene and he had to be the one to notify his next of pumpkin .

Actually, the kid suffered pretty major injuries you gently caress

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Quoting from the Wrestling gifs thread.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

This is great.
http://www.revk.uk/2016/04/verso-group-uk-ltd.html
The director of one of the UK's best ISPs got a phone call from (someone claiming to be from) his competitor. Said competitor later contacting him claiming that they made no such call, so clearly it was from an impostor and they have no cause to complain about him putting the recording online, right? :allears:

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 12:31 on Apr 8, 2016

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Memento posted:

Quoting from the Wrestling gifs thread.

I thought for a sec he was slamming the other guy on the stone but it looks like he's just breaking his own neck instead.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

AlphaKretin posted:

This is great.
https://www.revk.uk/2016/04/verso-group-uk-ltd.html
The director of one of the UK's biggest ISPs got a phone call from (someone claiming to be from) his competitor. Said competitor later contacting him claiming that they made no such call, so clearly it was from an impostor and they have no cause to complain about him putting the recording online, right? :allears:

Haha, that lovely site breaks if you try to use HTTPS.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

AlphaKretin posted:

This is great.
The director of one of the UK's biggest ISPs got a phone call from (someone claiming to be from) his competitor. Said competitor later contacting him claiming that they made no such call, so clearly it was from an impostor and they have no cause to complain about him putting the recording online, right? :allears:

Your link is dead and I really don't get the schadenfreude out of your post.

E:fixed I guess

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

poo poo, I didn't realise that url tags would automatically append that.

I mean I didn't know that would break it either but, uh.

Anyway it's fixed. I guess I'll quote it here in case you don't want to go to a site without an SSL cert or something.

quote:

I want to set the record straight here.

When I made a blog post on the 17th March (here) I honestly thought the unlawful junk call I had received had been made by Verso Group (UK) Ltd. I am TPS registered and this was a marketing call, so unlawful.

You can see how I might have jumped to that conclusion:
  • The call was from 02081507530, a number from which they apparently call
  • The caller claimed to be calling from British Savers Club, a name they apparently use
  • This was apparently a "lead generation" type call, the very business they are in
  • The caller claimed to be calling from Verso Group, even spelling it for me, and confirming when I said Verso Group (UK) Ltd.

It was an easy, and honest, mistake to make, as you can see.

It seems that I was wrong!

Someone has called today apparently from Verso Group (UK) Ltd, and stated in no uncertain terms that "We've actually never dialled him", and "the recording he's posted has nothing to do with our business", and "it wasn't a call that was made by our company".

So clearly, on the word of a man claiming to be calling from Verso Group (UK) Ltd today, I have to assume that the call from a man claiming to be calling from Verso Group (UK) Ltd on 17th March was actually lying, and was not in fact calling from Verso Group (UK) Ltd and was, in fact, an imposter.

I do sincerely apologise for making this assumption.

The blog post makes it clear that the call was only apparently from Verso Group (UK) Ltd, and I hope that my apology here meets with the approval of Verso Group (UK) Ltd and clears up this misunderstanding.

I appreciate that it can be frustrating when this sort of thing happens - we have had A&A customers get pop-ups claiming to be a survey by A&A and then being a scam, and they too are nothing to do with us.

I am really struggling why someone would impersonate Verso Group (UK) Ltd, and to what end, but that is what they are suggesting has happened. You have my sympathies, Verso Group (UK) Ltd. Clearly you are not the sort of company that would flout rules on calling people on the TPS, or laws on company names on web sites and emails, or any of those things, oh, wait... No, really, it was not you calling, obviously.

The good news is that, now that we know the call was definitely not made by Verso Group (UK) Ltd, it is clear that there can be no issue with my posting the recording - here it is again for you to listen to. Remember, it is apparently not actually Verso Group (UK) Ltd making the call, so no matter how daft they sound, you should not form any bad opinion about Verso Group (UK) Ltd when listening to it. Even so, it does not even appear to be defamatory of Verso Group (UK) Ltd in its content from what I can hear - it is the exact business they are in - lead generation, and exactly the sort of call people report as having received from them on various forums. I made it clear in the call that it was being recorded to post on Facebook (which that link is) and he said "yes" and continued with the call. Verso Group (UK) Ltd have no say over the call recording as it was not them making it, not that they had much anyway, but they can't claim the employee was not authorised to agree to publication as it was not their employee. They cannot claim it is private or confidential as it was not them making the call. It may be useful evidence for them if they have an issue with people passing off as them and I am happy for them to use the recording for that purpose if they want to pursue legal action against the actual caller.

Anyway, now that is out of the way, it is interesting to report on some aspects of my day...

Last night A&A got an email, claiming to be from Verso Group (UK) Ltd, threatening legal action, claiming that the recording is private and confidential and Verso Group UK Ltd do not give any permissions for the recording to be posted on a public domain. Well, permission was obtained in the call, listen. But this seems at odds with the claims today, apparently from Verso Group (UK) Ltd, that they never made the call. If they never made the call they cannot claim it is private or confidential to them! Maybe this email was also from an imposter! Or was it the calls today that were from an imposter. How could I know?

Today we got these calls from someone claiming to be from Verso Group (UK) Ltd. Again, threatening legal action against A&A, saying "I'm going to come down to your office", suggesting that I am "hiding behind a social media page" and that he would "rather the guy had a bit of balls and contacted me". Oddly, calling back his office twice this afternoon he was in meetings or on a call and did not call back - maybe it is not his turn for the balls today? (I assume these are like executive stress balls or something).

With both written and verbal legal threats against A&A, we had our solicitor on site all day as he said "I'm going to come down to your office" after his 10:30 meeting. We waited, and waited. Solicitors are not cheap, so I hope he does not mind the the bill if this does go any further against A&A. Hopefully he'll consider the matter settled with the above apology. I wonder how many of the complaints on the various forums and even the Verso Group (UK) Ltd Facebook page are actually by imposters! What a terrible situation to be in.

As I own copyright in the recording I am saying now that people can copy and repost it as much as they like and laugh at the irony of a company trying to sell me better broadband!!!

E: BBCode

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 13:48 on Apr 7, 2016

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Helios Grime posted:

Your link is dead and I really don't get the schadenfreude out of your post.

E:fixed I guess
Really alot of reading for basically someone made an illegal marketing call and is switching between saying it's not them and trying to threaten them with legal action if they don't take it down. Amusing but not worth going through that guys long rear end posts about it.

Edit: well ok I guess it's in the thread now anyway. Have a failed MMA moves video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiTgd1yl_Z8 (posted before but always worth watching)

and if you're sadistic body blow knockouts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNKEsqDrWXM

Darkhold has a new favorite as of 13:49 on Apr 7, 2016

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Darkhold posted:

Really alot of reading for basically someone made an illegal marketing call and is switching between saying it's not them and trying to threaten them with legal action if they don't take it down. Amusing but not worth going through that guys long rear end posts about it.

In that case I'll post some classic schadenfeude to have something actually funny.

I wonder if one of the people they pranked was allergic to bees.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It turns out that putting little balls on the end of a bull's horns and putting the bull on a leash still doesn't make it very safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcvIQv2GIVI

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It turns out that putting little balls on the end of a bull's horns and putting the bull on a leash still doesn't make it very safe

Some people are wearing little bull hats!

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

drat, that's some quality bull attacks right there. also LOL at putting a leash on a bull.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

What a barbaric 'sport'

Even though that video is a top-tier schad, the poor bulls :(

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

AlphaKretin posted:

This is great.

Gotta love UK defamation laws.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

http://i.imgur.com/MfH8sAF.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
turns out " amateur stunt man" has a high turn over rate