Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

Meanwhile, Danny Devito's Penguin is the best comic book villain ever put to screen.

He's not even the best villain in that movie.

Michelle Pfeiffer is top 5 performances in a superhero movie material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

You're right, Christopher Walken was slightly better.

Remember when Christopher Walken was in a superhero movie? Simpler times. :allears:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

"Because he is Batman, you moron" is one of my favorite line readings ever.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How soon we forget Burgess Meredith.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why the gently caress isn't Christopher Walken in more super hero movies

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Timby posted:

"Because he is Batman, you moron" is one of my favorite line readings ever.

Yeah that part's dope. Also the part where Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle figure out each other's secret identities is perfect.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Josh Lyman posted:

The Penguin is a terrible villain whose gimmick is that he's a cartoon version of Danny Devito.

"I've only ever seen the Penguin in Batman Returns."

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

TFRazorsaw posted:

"I've only ever seen the Penguin in Batman Returns."

If there's a Penguin outside of Batman Returns I don't want to know about it. :colbert:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Yup. She definitely gives my favourite superhero movie performance.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

How soon we forget Burgess Meredith.

The fact that every other version of the Penguin doesn't make quacking noises all the time is a goddamned travesty

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't know where people get this "Batman was retired" thing in BvS. He's clearly been constantly active, has a super high tech new cave and gear. The two cops who encounter him, one shoots and says "I've never seen him before" and the other clearly shows that he's cool with Batman.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'd murder a baby for a Batman Beyond film.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I'd murder a baby for a Batman Beyond film.

Only if the night club scene is filmed similar to:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Plenty of Batman villains haven't made it to the big screen: Man-Bat, Clayface, the Mad Hatter, Hugo Strange, Calendar Man, etc.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
For what it's worth regarding the rogue(s) for the solo Batfleck movie, according to the leaks and comments most of the Squad was put in prison by Batman and that Batfleck will show up in one or two flashbacks. So Batfleck has gone up against and defeated Harley Quinn (and punched out Joker's teeth), Croc, Boomerang, Deadshot, Slipknot, and Diablo. Katana and Enchantress are there by other means.

I'd like to see a non-Jim Carrey version of the Riddler, maybe. Or a non-Schwarzeneggar version of Mister Freeze.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Man-Bat would be cool and good.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Man-Bat was in the Nolan movies as well as BvS.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Man-Bat was in the Nolan movies as well as BvS.

I get where you're going, but you're not picking up what I'm putting down, ya dig?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Batman is like the one superhero who has like a dozen instantly recognizable villains so you don't need to instantly go to "evil Batman".

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Batman is like the one superhero who has like a dozen instantly recognizable villains so you don't need to instantly go to "evil Batman".

Man-Bat's neither evil nor a Batman copy

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Pablo Gigante posted:

Kirk Langstrom is a cool character, but I think it's kinda a boring design for a Batman movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I don't really look at Man-Bat as "evil batman" his story can be just as tragic as Freeze's, but you get a dude morphing into a bat.

Kirk Langstrom is a cool character, but I think it's kinda a boring design for a Batman movie.

For the current iteration of Batman and for Nolan Batman I'll agree there. Tim Burton Batman would have used him wonderfully.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pablo Gigante posted:

The animated series episodes of Man-bat were so goddamn good.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

The animated series episodes of Man-bat were so goddamn good.

It's pretty much just a scifi werewolf story but

Bats.

Which means yeah it should be good

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
More stuff about Suicide Squad.

They're indeed doing re shoots

https://twitter.com/brettschulte/status/717584093446168576

https://twitter.com/brettschulte/status/717787380321619969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr83sLEAU1A

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Burkion posted:

It's pretty much just a scifi werewolf story but

Bats.

Which means yeah it should be good

Yeah, the fact that he was a bat is pretty irrelevant to the story. He's more like the Lizard from Spider-man

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wasnt there a island of Dr. Moreau episode with him too and more animal-human hybrids? The cat lady story was good too.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Personally, I'm hoping that the Batfleck film will be focused on detectiving. I need to see a cold opening where Matches Malone talks some info out of some guys, suddenly has his voice change to Batman's and then does a Mission Impossible style mask off to Batman in full cowl.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is that poor phrasing or is he in fact saying they were told to do reshoots because it was too dark? Twitter isn't great at conveying things.

Edit: Ah, missed the link.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
http://comicbook.com/2016/04/05/captain-america-civil-war-to-tie-into-netflixs-luke-cage-/

Apparently Mariah Dillard is going to be in Civil War. She is also a character in the upcoming Luke Cage series. This will be the first time any actors / characters from the Netflix shows cross into any of the movies.

Also, continuing the tradition of Russo Brothers having Community cameos in their movies, the Dean from Community is also an unnamed character in Civil War. Possibly as a Pan-Sexual version of Uatu the Watcher?

Edit: Also, just announced that the first Dr. Strange trailer is dropping next week during Jimmy Kimmel on the same night as the Civil War red carpet premiere.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 6, 2016

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

http://comicbook.com/2016/04/05/captain-america-civil-war-to-tie-into-netflixs-luke-cage-/

Apparently Mariah Dillard is going to be in Civil War. She is also a character in the upcoming Luke Cage series. This will be the first time any actors / characters from the Netflix shows cross into any of the movies.

Also, continuing the tradition of Russo Brothers having Community cameos in their movies, the Dean from Community is also an unnamed character in Civil War. Possibly as a Pan-Sexual version of Uatu the Watcher?

I'm going to be severely disappointed if they don't even have at least a cutaway cameo to Daredevil or Jessica Jones in Civil War. Even just like a voiceover news report like "authorities are attempting to apprehend other unregistered vigilantes" with like Daredevil fleeing some cops up a fire escape or agents at Jessica's door while she is watching from across the street in sunglasses or whatever. Ideally something more but man, I feel like we're still waiting for really crazy shared universe shenanigans 8 years later.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Edit: Also, just announced that the first Dr. Strange trailer is dropping next week during Jimmy Kimmel on the same night as the Civil War red carpet premiere.

The first should have been night nurse having to patch someone up and being pissed the entire time. :colbert:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
And you'll have to continue waiting Guy.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
Reshoots have to be planned far in advance and Batman v Superman only came out a couple of weeks ago. If they are doing reshoots to make Suicide Squad more fun, it's probably because of the success of Deadpool.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

For people who didn't watch the video, Jai Courtney says the shooting is to add more action, not jokes, because it's already very fun. And Jai Courtney is too boring to lie to you.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

And you'll have to continue waiting Guy.

I know :smith:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sir Kodiak posted:

For people who didn't watch the video, Jai Courtney says the reshoots are to add more action, not jokes, because it's already very fun. And Jai Courtney is too boring to lie to you.

Him describing the reshoots as "dope" was :3:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Sir Kodiak posted:

For people who didn't watch the video, Jai Courtney says the shooting is to add more action, not jokes, because it's already very fun. And Jai Courtney is too boring to lie to you.

Jai Courtney is one of those guys who looks like a million bucks in junket interviews then on screen he's like "who is this clown"?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Jai Courtney is one of those guys who looks like a million bucks in junket interviews then on screen he's like "who is this clown"?

I'm interested to see him in this because he's playing what should be a somewhat eccentric character, so if he can make it as boring as the rest of his roles it would actually be like an accomplishment.

His blandness really is something like a talent, I don't think I've seen anything quite like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

I'm holding out hope for Batfleck versus a grim, dark Condiment King.

• Locked thread