Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
in the party scene after elbaf i hope luffy is giant sized as a result of eating the meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Krampus Grewcock posted:

Until we get a scene where the offer to join is extended, he acts like a coward, Elbaf is mentioned, and he changes his mind and pretends he was always on board for the rescue mission.

Then he befriends the giants, becomes their leader and saves the day. And thus ends the most perfect One Piece arc.

The Great God of The Shining Heavens: Shin Kami Usopp

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

It's interesting that the Sanji Rescue Team is exactly the crew that weren't with Luffy on Dressrossa.

I mean, it makes sense. They were out of the manga for half of that arc, and so they're making up for lost time... but it kind of implies that the Rescue Sanji arc will be as big a deal as Dressrossa. I mean, if we're taking out Big Mam of course it would be, but I kind of didn't think it'd be that epic.

Though the bigger issue with dividing the crew in half in each arc like that is... Robin didn't get to do anything in Dressrossa! She might as well have sat both arcs out.

Franky was awesome and was the moral force behind supporting the Dwarves. Ussop got an incredible sequence and earned the title God Ussop. Zoro... fought a strong guy? Robin baby-sat Rebeca so Kyros could fight :geno:

She's had more of a spotlight here in Zou with the dragon drawing and her cheerful acknowledgement that her friends would protect her than she did in Dressrossa. And it's a pity 'cause she's the best whenever she does have a moment.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
A lot of evidence seems to be pointing towards the destruction of Mariejois. (Destruction of Fisherman Island, Sanji's Dream of All Blue, setting up a big metting there, the inevitable confrontation between the Strawhats and the World Government, etc.), which makes me think One Piece makes the Ocean "One Piece", and going along with the theme of following your dreams and Luffy and the crew "liberating" people and countries from the shackles of oppressors time and time again seem to be leading to a world where people can follow their dreams in peace, leading to One Worldwide Peace.

And there's my crazy theory.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Julias posted:

A lot of evidence seems to be pointing towards the destruction of Mariejois. (Destruction of Fisherman Island, Sanji's Dream of All Blue, setting up a big metting there, the inevitable confrontation between the Strawhats and the World Government, etc.), which makes me think One Piece makes the Ocean "One Piece", and going along with the theme of following your dreams and Luffy and the crew "liberating" people and countries from the shackles of oppressors time and time again seem to be leading to a world where people can follow their dreams in peace, leading to One Worldwide Peace.

And there's my crazy theory.

We've had nanomachines, chimerism and I myself once, half seriously, suggested that One Piece as a whole is one long Dragonball homage and One Piece is literally a magical orb that summons a wish granting dragon so no theory is too insane for this thread.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

when the strawhats land on raftel and are greeted by a man named juan, you're all going to feel very silly

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Julias posted:

A lot of evidence seems to be pointing towards the destruction of Mariejois.

Oh this part has been cooking for a long, long time. And is now charred and has turned the kitchen soot black when the whole 'D are God's Enemy' thing got said.

Yet I still absolutely cannot see it being the One Piece end arc.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Raftel is going to be Ricardo Montalban greeting the Straw Hats followed by a little man shouting 'Zee ship boss, zee ship!'

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it would be cool if raftel was literally an underwater moon, or basically however the moon people got to the planet.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

anime was right posted:

it would be cool if raftel was literally an underwater moon, or basically however the moon people got to the planet.

they used the human slingshot from metal gear solid peace walker

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
One Piece is going to be a reference to the Spanish Dollar(worth 8 reales), the most popular form of international currency in the historic golden age of pirates and more commonly known as Pieces of Eight. Common usage of a Piece of Eight was to break it into pieces in order to purchase items of a value of less than 8 reales. When Roger said that he left it all in one piece, he meant that he hadn't split it up. What exactly will be the result of breaking One Piece into eight can be argued.
  • When you count the various Blues, the Red Line, the Calm Belts, and the 2 halves of the Grand Line the world itself is divided into 8 different parts.
  • There are (currently) 8 members of the Straw Hat Pirates following the captain.
  • The Straw Hat Armada has 8 parts, the 7 subordinate crews and the main crew.
  • The Ox Bell is rung 8 times to mark the end of a year, 8 times to signal the beginning of a year.
  • The Void Century was 800 years ago.

This is the first letter of the One Piece Title:

This is a medallion made from a Piece of Eight:

A round circle with something inside and protruding objects that give the illusion of an X.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

When they finally cross the turbulent seas and reach the location of the final island, it's going to be completely empty. But they also got there at the right time, when all of the moons align in such a way that the ship starts to float up and up above the world. They will find the final island in space. There will be foreshadowing about this event as Water 7 will report even worse Aqua Lagunas each year. It will later be revealed that the correct way was to wait for the alignment, which would calm the seas enough to allow passage. The whole ordeal of getting through the waters will be written as a final boss fight in a major arc. This will also show Nami as the best navigator in the world since even Gol D. Roger waited for the right time.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

when the strawhats land on raftel and are greeted by a man named juan, you're all going to feel very silly

It's going to be Gin who's going to tell them that they are ready to begin the real journey to become Pirate King and the chapter will end with a panel that says "End of Prologue."

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Lpzie posted:

When they finally cross the turbulent seas and reach the location of the final island, it's going to be completely empty. But they also got there at the right time, when all of the moons align in such a way that the ship starts to float up and up above the world. They will find the final island in space. There will be foreshadowing about this event as Water 7 will report even worse Aqua Lagunas each year. It will later be revealed that the correct way was to wait for the alignment, which would calm the seas enough to allow passage. The whole ordeal of getting through the waters will be written as a final boss fight in a major arc. This will also show Nami as the best navigator in the world since even Gol D. Roger waited for the right time.

I actually forgot about Aqua Laguna getting bigger every year. Was that just a setup for Iceberg's floating city idea, (and did that come to fruition over the timeskip?) or was that setting up something larger, plot wise?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im loving the crackpot theories

Advice posted:

I actually forgot about Aqua Laguna getting bigger every year. Was that just a setup for Iceberg's floating city idea, (and did that come to fruition over the timeskip?) or was that setting up something larger, plot wise?

the world government flooded the world (and have the highest land mass on the planet so they dont die) to defeat all the devil fruit users a long time ago, and is why raftel is impossible to get to. this is the ultimate weapon they have over the world.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
One Piece is a giant Al Gore thinkpiece on global warming. When the group gets to Raftel, the adventure stops, Luffy looks right at the reader, and explains how they can help combat climate change.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I don't know what One Piece will be but I know it's name will involve a japanese pun in some way.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

anime was right posted:

im loving the crackpot theories

the world government flooded the world (and have the highest land mass on the planet so they dont die) to defeat all the devil fruit users a long time ago, and is why raftel is impossible to get to. this is the ultimate weapon they have over the world.

I could actually see the Void Century as involving a biblical flooding and the Clan of D setting up a future revenge against "God" for that act.

E: There's been an ancient propaganda war between "God" and "D" or Devil to antagonize the latter. Ironically, it's God that's evil here and Devil that's on the "good" side and the truth will come out when One Piece is found.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 4, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i wish the mini mini fruit giant was canon and also a crew member whom replaced sanji

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
One piece will be played straight and it'll be a small mountain of gold and booze, funding a party island for decades to come.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there'll be a chest labelled 'one piece' and when they open it, the page showing the inside will have a small mirror that reflects your face. the treasure was the readers all along

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

oddium posted:

i wish the mini mini fruit giant was canon and also a crew member whom replaced sanji

sanjuan wolf has it

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Turns out One Piece is one piece of gold. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

oddium posted:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Julias posted:

yeah but because it's famous gold it's worth like trillions of berries

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

there'll be a chest labelled 'one piece' and when they open it, the page showing the inside will have a small mirror that reflects your face. the treasure was the readers all along

I'm imagining the Time's Person of the Year issue with the reflective surface. SJ can do that.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

who is the one piece? "we are" :ghost:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Obama minted the trillion-dollar coin, and it's kept in One Piece at Raftel. :haw:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Julias posted:

It is, however, a very large piece of gold. With plot-important writing on it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Julias posted:

If you were dying of cancer why wouldn't you spend all your stolen gold on an epic party?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Raftel will be a giant city of gold linked to skypiea

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sub Harrison posted:

Raftel will be a giant city of gold linked to skypiea

It's pretty clearly going to be a raft.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Gyges posted:

It's pretty clearly going to be a raft.

so it's blackbeard's old ship but the size of an island

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

so water 7 in like 10 years?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Is there a new chapter this week? I haven't seen any spoilers at all anywhere, which is unusual.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Is there a new chapter this week? I haven't seen any spoilers at all anywhere, which is unusual.

There should be, 2 weeks ago was a break iirc

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
theres gonna be like 2-3 chapters this month then a 2 week break on jump from golden week then something else right after

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Nothing like being a fan of manga for like ten plus years to make you hate Golden Week. Feels like it's every three months.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Advice posted:

Nothing like being a fan of manga for like ten plus years to make you hate Golden Week. Feels like it's every three months.

:sigh::hf::sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Double-posting because the first spoilers are coming out:

:v: