Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lemon-Lime posted:

Mash Y to add a spin-dash to the end of any attack chain which just bowls through mooks in front of you. Hit Y in mid-air for a homing attack, up to 3 times.

defeating enemies fills the boost meter. hold y on the ground to boost at high speed and consume it

sonic would be the best at getting to objectives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

defeating enemies fills the boost meter. hold y on the ground to boost at high speed and consume it

sonic would be the best at getting to objectives

Press Y while running to ball up and deal damage to whatever you're moving through.

Just make Sonic a pure movement-based character. :v:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I assume the chance of Legends getting a wii-u release is slim to none, right? Game looks so fuckin ugly on the 3ds that I really don't wanna buy it..

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, everybody wants to murder their faeries.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I assume the chance of Legends getting a wii-u release is slim to none, right? Game looks so fuckin ugly on the 3ds that I really don't wanna buy it..

It's never happening, but you can get all the Legends-exclusive characters on WiiU.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's never happening, but you can get all the Legends-exclusive characters on WiiU.

Yeah more likely they might wait until the NX to put Hyrule Warriors: Extreme Legends if the DW naming scheme is kept.

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Kid just rages for a while.
Hyrule Warriors: Empires

:getin:

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Man, I forgot about the "don't get hit" missions. I got all the way to the end of Link's spinner one before getting hit.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

yeah they should totally make a warriors game based only on one, 20 year old niche mario spinoff that didn't even come out in europe

glad we agree

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

MarquiseMindfang posted:

They considered letting loose the Groose but didn't.

Their only good idea. too bad it doesn't outweigh all their other dumb ideas.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

NT Plus posted:

Hyrule Warriors: Empires

:getin:

Part of me agrees. The rest wants more troops to exist for that. Though perhaps that's being greedy. We have Gorons, Hylians, Miniblins as models. We could presume there'd be two or three customisations for each model so you could personalise them a little. Would that suffice for an Empires?

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Bruceski posted:

Man, everybody wants to murder their faeries.

Is that what it actually looks like

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Just unlocked all the zones on the Master Quest Map. Things are starting to come together for me. I have Lv. 3 weapons for Ganondorf and Wizzro, two of the main trio team I use for maps. I only need the Lv. 3 weapon for Zant, then my trio team will be nearly complete.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fuuuck the 3 giant boss mission you have to A rank to get access to Young Link's level 2 mission. Less than 4000 damage against Ganon, Imprisoned, and Phantom Ganon. gently caress you game.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

mabels big day posted:

Fuuuck the 3 giant boss mission you have to A rank to get access to Young Link's level 2 mission. Less than 4000 damage against Ganon, Imprisoned, and Phantom Ganon. gently caress you game.

You can do it. I believe in you.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

This is extremely difficult, but doable. Remember that the character required for this mission can take down every boss's WPG in one go through Great Swords fully charged C1 as boss falls down (or when the WPG appears for The Imprisoned) -> dodge-cancel -> C5 -> dodge-cancel -> C3. At worst, save a special attack for the Imprisoned since that boss has the hardest WPG to deal with (but shows the WPG rather easily thanks to Great Sword's C6 combo). For Phantom Ganon's second phase, after your third string attack makes his back vulnerable, continue your string so you can use a C5 after the fourth attack of Ganondorf's string, dodge-cancel and execute a fully charged C1, dodge-cancel to C3, then dodge-cancel and use your attack string to take down the last sliver of his WPG.

Of note, C4 can be dodge-cancelled twice or so to fully charge C1.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

You can do it. I believe in you.

I did it. But now the Young Link mission is kicking my rear end lol. I think i need to upgrade Young Link some more.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

I had some success on that mission when Young Link was Lv. 40 or so. You want to get to Focus Spirit mode and stay there, so it's best to get all the Din's Fire, Hover Boots, and Fierce Deity Mask badges before you go in. It would also be for the best to max out the Stamina Fruit badge tree (so you take down enemy WPGs more frequently) and get some of the badges that let you damage guarding enemies (because every bit of damage you can get in really helps). Lastly, the Farore's Wind and Mirror Shield badges are also helpful for keep-taking and damage reduction.

For the actual mission, get Fierce Deity as soon as you can and kill key officers (and other officers if you've got the time to do so). The majority of the fight for me happened on the right side of the map because I was not able to kill the enemies fast enough before new ones came in (but I did kill them fast enough that I was able to clear the map before serious damage was done).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

many johnnys posted:

Is that what it actually looks like

If you mean "is that fairy normally dressed in pirate gear with treasure flying everywhere" then yes. If you mean something else, I don't understand.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Correction on previous assumptions: Twili Midna is able to take down The Imprisoned, Ganon, and Phantom Ganon with lead in C3 -> dodge cancel -> C3 -> dodge cancel -> C3 -> string, but that's because her C3 is light elemental and comes early enough to make this possible. She's still terrible against the rest of the giant bosses if she doesn't have a fully charged C1 ready.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I did it. But now the Young Link mission is kicking my rear end lol. I think i need to upgrade Young Link some more.

I did it, and got both skulltulas.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mabels big day posted:

well done, mabels

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Bruceski posted:

If you mean "is that fairy normally dressed in pirate gear with treasure flying everywhere" then yes. If you mean something else, I don't understand.

It looks like it was pasted in with mspaint

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

well done, mabels

Thank you. I have 2 more squares left to beat the Wind Waker map, plus a few costumes I missed.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

mabels big day posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xWjTyOdFVI

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I just found out how insanely good Skull Kid's C3 is against enemy officers. If you initiate it from far enough away, they simply can't block it.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Holy hell the Dominion Rod is insane. I just had two whoopings in a row on the WW map thanks to it... and Fairy Magic.

2600 KOs on a "rack up your KO count" mission, and 1900 KOs on a "win the KO competition" map. The other team got 600. :stare:

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Yeah, fairy magic is hosed up. I don't get it. I've had a single cast of fairy magic rack up 812 KOs. I'd like to know exactly what it's doing so I could take advantage of that more often. Accounting for mooks that haven't physically spawned yet, maybe?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I think the most i've gotten is 1300 from a fairy attack, but I'm not sure. It definitely trivializes all of those types of missions, though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

liquidypoo posted:

Yeah, fairy magic is hosed up. I don't get it. I've had a single cast of fairy magic rack up 812 KOs. I'd like to know exactly what it's doing so I could take advantage of that more often. Accounting for mooks that haven't physically spawned yet, maybe?

That's exactly what's going on. Fairy magic can hit guys who haven't been rendered, the other attacks can't.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

To follow up: what's a good weak point smasher combo for the Dominion Rod? Giant bosses are, at the moment, the only thing I can't turn into paste instantly.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Silver Falcon posted:

To follow up: what's a good weak point smasher combo for the Dominion Rod? Giant bosses are, at the moment, the only thing I can't turn into paste instantly.

I think I pre-charge C5, then C3-1 > dodge cancel > repeat

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Dunban posted:

I just found out how insanely good Skull Kid's C3 is against enemy officers. If you initiate it from far enough away, they simply can't block it.

Any character with sufficiently good ranged options can take advantage of this idea. Ghirahim in particular can get a lot of mileage against officers and character enemies by landing a lock-on with his Strong Attack, making distance, and then doing C2-1 to launch the enemy toward him even from a fair distance away.

Silver Falcon posted:

I don't recall ever finding a pattern with the Dominion Rod that was guaranteed to take out a giant boss's WPG in one go, but supposedly it's easier to take out WPGs in general in Legends so it might be doable now.

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Kid just rages for a while.
After playing a while on N3DS coming away from the Wii U version, I wanna say I almost prefer this.

While the texture quality took a major dive in the transition to the N3DS's 800 x 240 screen, they did a good job wrapping them in that hard black outline while keeping the frame rate more or less a stable 30 frames per second in comparison to the Wii U.

And going forward is just me being picky.

To me, 30 frames per second is a bit ugly to look at on an HD screen for a game as colorful and flashy as Hyrule Warriors. That and for some reason it feels like more attention was given to refine the controls for the N3DS but that might speak more to the Wii U controller than the game itself.

So yeah, pretty satisfied with Legends. :)

E: Oh gently caress I forgot to even point out! The character swap system is the coolest poo poo ever and I'm never going back to Wii U because of it. :colbert:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

liquidypoo posted:

wait wtf. I have never used any fairy magic because it just looked pointless and I wasn't interested in the weird fairy pet simulator thing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fairy magic is absurdly strong and if you stack equipment you can get multiple casts of it off instead of needing to fill your magic bar entirely for every spell. You'll probably still use Focus Mode more but Fairy Magic has its uses.

The downside is that Fairy magic doesn't appear to count as kills for the purposes of weapons unlock.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Fairy magic is absurdly strong and if you stack equipment you can get multiple casts of it off instead of needing to fill your magic bar entirely for every spell. You'll probably still use Focus Mode more but Fairy Magic has its uses.

The downside is that Fairy magic doesn't appear to count as kills for the purposes of weapons unlock.

Do you still get EXP from them?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

mabels big day posted:

Do you still get EXP from them?

Yes. Not sure if it's reduced or not, though. Keep in mind, most of what it kills will be mooks not officers.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Fairy magic is ridiculously strong when you a/ stack its appropriate element via clothes and b/ reduce the magic cost via clothes

by default it takes up your whole magic bar to use to do <X> damage to everything (including unrendered characters) around you, this is usually enough to completely wipe out mooks, and do a decent chunk of damage to officers.

if you use a bit of clothing that reduces cost, a single piece reduces magic cost by ~20%, meaning you can use it multiple times in a row if you can demolish officers and magic pots quickly enough.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

I bought that Fry's deal for a New 3DS and this game, and I'm really enjoying it so far. My favorite is Linkle, crossbows are way cool. I've got a code for the Wii U characters if anyone wants it, just quote this and add me on steam, same name as this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

tithin posted:

(including unrendered characters) around you

Does anything else do this? I've basically never uses fairy magic, but it bugs me a little bit every time I obliterate a swathe of mooks only to have the next batch come out from being culled. Did the WiiU one cull mooks? I think I would prefer some LoD shenanigans to it, its the only thing that bothers me.

• Locked thread