Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

I am a bootlicking scab who loves seeing people be paid less than living wages. If the workers don't like it they should just kill themselves. Let me know who is organizing so I can report them to management. I pine for the days of the Pinkertons.
Would like an invite to the Ebonheart guild.

Am playing as Bad Bishop@tinyelvis81

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Ok so apparently there's an event starting next week where you can complete a simple quest to get a cool cake memento that when used, will grant you a 100% XP buff.
I got an email about this. Is there a briefing on whats changed since f2p? Did they remove VR ranks yet? Is pvp still pointless?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

eSporks posted:

I got an email about this. Is there a briefing on whats changed since f2p? Did they remove VR ranks yet? Is pvp still pointless?

VR ranks are out the door in

*aims dart and throws at 12-month calendar*

maybe june

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

eSporks posted:

A lot has changed. Zenimax has abandoned any semblance of testing and QA work in favor of pushing out DLC every three months regardless of how many bugs it has, while at the same time offering overpriced freemium garbage for the whales to spend (see the Assistants fiasco from last week).

Lag and performance in Cyrodiil has gotten worse. Meta is all magicka because Vicious Death and Prox Det are now the hot poo poo in Cyrodiil because Wrobel and Wheeler decided that PvE carebears should not have to grind for a month to get to Assault Rank 7 (for the record, it took me about 3 weeks total doing small group PvP on my stam sorc to get to assault rank 6). See this thread for how bad it's gotten.

VR Ranks are "supposed to be gone with Dark Brotherhood" in favor of Champion points, which are basically Veteran Ranks 2.0 with an extra zero added at the end. Chances of them botching the launch: 110%

And yes. PvP is still loving pointless because if you're not zerging down the map, you're chasing wannabe streamer superstars behind rocks/trees/walls for their sick 1vX videos. Also AP is completely loving worthless because Wrobel adamantly refuses to upgrade old V14 gear to V16, claiming that "he doesn't want people to be geared up on day 1," and that it's "our fault because we have too much AP."

But hey if you like to quest and steal stuff, then the game's in a great state.

This is me telling you to run

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

you probably should just quit drat

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

you probably should just quit drat

Too much fun running White-Gold and Imperial City Prison with the wrecking crew, and we have enough vet ranked goons to run Maw of Lorkhaj and the other trials.

Haven't touched PvP in about 2 weeks, and probably won't until Wrobel is fired.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Scyantific posted:

But hey if you like to quest and steal stuff, then the game's in a great state.

Agreed! This is mostly what I do, sprinkled with some goon grouping/dunging, and it's pretty neat tbhimhofwiw.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Scyantific posted:

Lag and performance in Cyrodiil has gotten worse. Meta is all magicka because Vicious Death and Prox Det are now the hot poo poo in Cyrodiil because Wrobel and Wheeler decided that PvE carebears should not have to grind for a month to get to Assault Rank 7 (for the record, it took me about 3 weeks total doing small group PvP on my stam sorc to get to assault rank 6). See this thread for how bad it's gotten.

Ah, more of the "I had to trudge through a lovely grind, so everyone should have to trudge through a lovely grind" mentality. Dropping the AP requirements was a good thing.

Scyantific posted:

Too much fun running White-Gold and Imperial City Prison

Wow, something is seriously wrong with you...

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

I like this game I reckon it's pretty fun

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I have fun. Gone until next week though.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

JackBadass posted:

Wow, something is seriously wrong with you...

Nah this is legit good and fun. Hell, I did ICP with pubbies last night and still had a good time. Mostly. Woulda preferred WGT but whatever.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Game sounds great! Guess I'll just keep playing the division until tgat ship sinks.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

bradybunch posted:

I like this game I reckon it's pretty fun

I have fun too.

Question. Leveling a NB Magicka dude. Do I just pump all my points into magicka or do I leave some for stam too?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Soulex posted:

I have fun too.

Question. Leveling a NB Magicka dude. Do I just pump all my points into magicka or do I leave some for stam too?

100% magicka.

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

After playing ESO for some time I caught a Morrowind urge and now replaying it. And I've got a thing to tell about real hardcore grinding simulators...Ugh.

Also it wasn't just my faulty memory when I noticed that monsters and buildings in ESO are too small. It feels like Zenimax miscalculated character sizes compared to older single-player games.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I just got done with my first little excusion in Cyrodil, and it's crazy. I like being a siege, actually always liked roles like that.

V2 though so I got my rear end handed to me promptly.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am wondering about the difference between healing effectiveness and self heal buffs, healing received. Anyone know?

For instance if I throw Burning Embers do I receive a buff from healing effectiveness as well as from any self heal buffs I have?

Sogol fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 8, 2016

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

eSporks posted:

Game sounds great! Guess I'll just keep playing the division until tgat ship sinks.

It's a fun Elder Scrolls game with a multiplayer component. If that's what you like, you'll like this game. Scyantific actively dislikes and you can basically ignore everything he says about it unless you're inclined to only the spergiest of min-maxing and playing more hours per week than a part time job.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

He asked about PvP, and I gave him the rundown on the current hosed up state of PvP. Not my fault Wrobel and Wheeler actively skull-hosed PvP into the floor ever since they hosed Cyrodiil up with the Lighting/Anti-Botting patch.

Why the hell would I tell him that PvP is fun and balanced?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Scyantific posted:

He asked about PvP, and I gave him the rundown on the current hosed up state of PvP. Not my fault Wrobel and Wheeler actively skull-hosed PvP into the floor ever since they hosed Cyrodiil up with the Lighting/Anti-Botting patch.

The problem is that the only thing you ever post is endless vitriol, no matter the context.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

Alright, fair enough. I'm just tired of hearing people whine about removing the grind simply because they went through the grind and feel everyone should be miserable because they were.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

NeurosisHead posted:

The problem is that the only thing you ever post is endless vitriol, no matter the context.

That, too.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

FWIW, Scy's tone in type comes across as poo poo awful compared to how he actually is. Dude's helped goons to no end and knows the mechanics of every dungeon in the game and, get this, actually bothers to explain them to the group he's running with if they don't know. That and promoting goon groups to run trials and test new things whether builds or armor/weapon sets or content. If not for him, ennuid and sadpluto the PC NA goon guild wouldn't nearly be what it is.

Oh, and Aramek, too, because he's chill and nobody else wants to tank haha.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

FWIW, Scy's tone in type comes across as poo poo awful compared to how he actually is. Dude's helped goons to no end and knows the mechanics of every dungeon in the game and, get this, actually bothers to explain them to the group he's running with if they don't know. That and promoting goon groups to run trials and test new things whether builds or armor/weapon sets or content. If not for him, ennuid and sadpluto the PC NA goon guild wouldn't nearly be what it is.

Well his actions and his words don't match. Any reasonable person who bitched this much about something simply would not play since the game is so horrible and by the sound of it I think probably killed his parents or something worse. Yet he plays more than everyone else here combined.

"OMG ZD IS SO lovely THEY DO THIS AND THIS AND THIS AND THIS GAME SUCKS SO BAD. WELP, GOTTA GO, NEED TO PUT MY DAILY 10 HOURS OF PLAYING THE GAME IN. BUT IT'S SO HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!! NEED TO PLAY MOER!!!!!!!!"

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wizard Whateley posted:

Would like an invite to the Ebonheart guild.

Am playing as Bad Bishop@tinyelvis81

Says account not found, btw.

E: BTW I figured out Hel Ra hard mode. Kinda tough to explain so I'd rather explain in-game or on mumble. The short of it is that the same principle from the Doomcrag gargoyle encounter applies with Warrior Hard Mode.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 8, 2016

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

100% this. Dudes hooked me up between dragging me by my hair through vet dungeons, gear, and answering newbie questions.

People get salty over poo poo they care about. So what?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

It's a fun Elder Scrolls game with a multiplayer component. If that's what you like, you'll like this game. Scyantific actively dislikes and you can basically ignore everything he says about it unless you're inclined to only the spergiest of min-maxing and playing more hours per week than a part time job.
I used to play this game and capped VR (before they added more!) I played with scy and had the same complaints about it.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Soulex posted:

100% this. Dudes hooked me up between dragging me by my hair through vet dungeons, gear, and answering newbie questions.

People get salty over poo poo they care about. So what?

This. Also grats on vet and hit me up if nobody is on an we'll run something.

Ninja edit: My username on SA is not the same as in ESO. There I am the entity known as thefloobyest. And I'm always down for whatever. Just ask Keshik. There's nothing I'll say no to.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah the PC group has been helpful per the norm of any game goons play. It's been really nice having people guide me along and answer questions. Especially getting gear at random levels because man does it make a difference. They wouldn't accept gold or items back even if they needed it.

And I never hear Scyantific bitching in the guild chat.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Soulex posted:

Yeah the PC group has been helpful per the norm of any game goons play. It's been really nice having people guide me along and answer questions. Especially getting gear at random levels because man does it make a difference. They wouldn't accept gold or items back even if they needed it.

And I never hear Scyantific bitching in the guild chat.

I say a lot of poo poo in chat, but it's either after the bi-weekly incremental patches, or right after the latest ESO Live episodes.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Scyantific posted:

I say a lot of poo poo in chat, but it's either after the bi-weekly incremental patches, or right after the latest ESO Live episodes.

I find most of your so called vitriol matches my experience. I am just not bent out of shape about it since:
1- I have never played an MMO that wasn't broken, usually by the combination of a business model that is financially successful, but sub-optimizes gaming experience and gaming companies that are severely broken (e.g. Complete disconnect of customer relations and development, disastrous internal communications and management, etc.)
2- I didn't play this one through any of the updates where PvP seems to have functioned, so I have nothing for comparison
3- because of the state of pvp I mostly just tool around experimenting with builds that can never work and enjoying that (next up is high health regen builds with a bit of the completely vilified and known to be broken hybridization)
4- I have successfully resisted ever signing up for any of the various boards or discussing the game online outside of this thread, thus preventing myself from getting sucked in to the back and forth complaints and observations, 90% of which would be relevant to most MMO's and aren't ESO specific. Most of the ESO specific complaints come from a relatively small player base that really wants to play a specific meta that the game has not supported for some time. I suspect that if they addressed a bunch of issues associated with that particular vocal minority they might improve the overall player experience of the game, but it is unlikely those specific changes will ever happen.

The solo game is friendly enough that you can try all sorts of whack builds just for the fun of it and still run around enjoying the open world content without l337 gearz. Functionality in pvp zones (not limited to actual pvp) is significantly different than performance elsewhere in the game. In the brief windows of it actually working (on a high end, up to date system) it can be pretty fun, but most of the time it does not work well at all. The result of lag, various performance drops and the pvp damage mechanics make it mostly Unfun outside of very specialized play. Even if they accepted zergs as the meta (not my favorite) it doesn't effectively support that.

The main difference is that I don't have any real expectation that anything other than the most exceptional or lucky gaming/development companies can effectively improve their game over time while struggling to compete with new games and such.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
There is a reason that whenever I'm active my only PvP interaction is keeping my eyes open for unclaimed forts and screaming straight there to grab them when possible. And it's not because I love seeing teal mudcrabs en masse (I do). It's because that's the only thing I enjoy in PvP because PvP in this game is literally who can zerg harder, and thus not fun.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I'd say virtually all my complaints about the game can be sourced back to the Imperial City update, otherwise I think the game has never been better.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Except that the stamina block nerf thing, that *really* sucks, but I can kinda deal with it.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

I don't know how anyone watches that ESO live cast. The presenters are so awkward I just can't deal.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

bradybunch posted:

I don't know how anyone watches that ESO live cast. The presenters are so awkward I just can't deal.

There was one today?

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

There wasn't one today. You mentioned you get bitter after the ESO live casts and I remembered watching some previously.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I just wanna say how much I enjoy trials/dungeons in Mumble. It is fun talking to you all, and I haven't made fun of any of your voices. Even the foreigners'.

Ooh, also all the actual tactical/strategic benefits of voice chat, that too. But that's just a bonus. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I think the main problem, to bring up this old stone, is that Scy's complaining doesn't feel legitimate. He seems to complain just by virtue of it being anything Zenimax has done vs a legitimate complaint, although legitimate complaints do make it in there by virtue of him complaining about everything. It kind of cheapens his stance on things.

LastGoodBoy fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 9, 2016

• Locked thread