Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Scyantific posted:

Alright guys been a good run, I'm done with this poo poo.

I wish I could empty quote this, it was totally bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Aphrodite posted:

Barring being total and absolute dicks, she asked Ollie to help her fake her death or something.

The way she asked him to do something, then they cut to the shot through the window, yeah it screams a faked death.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
It has not been a good month for women and minorities on the CW.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Now how long do we get to wait to see what she said.

And of course, if it's a fakeout is she still leaving the show?

Also, if it's a fakeout why are the Lance sisters such assholes to their poor father?

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 7, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
The only way this could be even worse is if it IS a fake out. That means the oh-so-dramatic grave scene we've been speculating over all this time is loving pointless. That and, you know, poor Daddy Lance getting to see one last dropped body as he keels over from the Quantum Heart Condition finally taking hold.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'll say this:

If it weren't for the fact that they already did this death fake-out death thing with Sara and Thea and Felicity, this probably would've felt like a really interesting, competently-crafted storyline in spite of the inherent fridginess.

Now it's just gonna feel cheap no matter which way you slice it. If she stays dead, it feels really cheap. If she comes back, it still feels cheap. There's no way out of this corner that doesn't feel bizarrely contrived. The most we can hope for this is...I dunno. Hopefully the resurrection story feels empowering and transformative, like it usually does for other heroes.

Alternatively, we can hope for Cyborg Black Canary, Teen Black Canary, Weird Alien Computer Black Canary, and Black Black Canary.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They didn't fake anything out with Sara. She died, until a spin-off came a knocking.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah it's probably better if they don't bring her back, as much as I hate to say it.

A completely bullshit way to go, but bringing her back would make it beyond stupid.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

They didn't fake anything out with Sara. She died, until a spin-off came a knocking.
I think her half-fakeout from being dead the first season combined with another eventual fake-out in the third-fourth seasons qualifies it as one whole fakeout.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think I'm finally done with this trainwreck.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I'm sure it's a coincidence, but it is pretty loving funny that this happened three days after people got mad at that Walking Dead finale.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Why do you guys hate Felicity?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

hcreight posted:

I'm sure it's a coincidence, but it is pretty loving funny that this happened three days after people got mad at that Walking Dead finale.

I kind of wanted to make a joke about her faking out dying the first time just to eat a swing from Lucielle, but figured the faster that clusterfuck was forgotten the better.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Ha ha ha ha this show is hot nuclear waste

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:rip: other Lance sister.

watch your back Quentin. You are next(assuming you fall in love with Oliver)

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I didn't have the problem with the fake out but I had a problem with cutting away with her and Oliver alone and then she dies.

Like, if you're going to do it, just do it. Don't leave for a moment and then come back with her all dead. It takes me completely out of the (legitimate) moment all the actors are having.

All I could think of was what did she ask Oliver to do and what did Oliver give her to make her "dead".

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Thwomp posted:

I didn't have the problem with the fake out but I had a problem with cutting away with her and Oliver alone and then she dies.

Like, if you're going to do it, just do it. Don't leave for a moment and then come back with her all dead. It takes me completely out of the (legitimate) moment all the actors are having.

All I could think of was what did she ask Oliver to do and what did Oliver give her to make her "dead".

We'll find out that in a flashback it was something that his flashback companion whose name escapes me introduces him to, because they needed to make her feign death as part of some plot to defeat Reiter.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

RC Cola posted:

Why do you guys hate Felicity?

She's a blackhole of a character that sucks up anything remotely interesting and replaces it with pandering drama. Her poo poo has been tiresome for a while now. The tipping point for me was probably that one episode where she wore the ATOM suit.

I'm done with this show now though. What a trainwreck.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
The episode description on my Tivo tonight said that "Felicity has a talk with Curtis."

Oops

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Honestly the first red flag was back in season 2 when Sara was on the team. Like they all walked back into the Foundry after fighting some crime and there was Felicity banging on the training dummy trying to fit in.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

LOL at someone arguing that Flash is the better show right now. Their second season has been a narrative clusterfuck, completely sidelining the best members of the cast.

Arrow's season has been... hmmmm.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm betting money on fakeout since the death flagging scene for an intentional death would've probably been framed differently. Because of the cut between shots and the secret "last words" of Laurel, it makes for a very convincing possibility that she faked her death to avoid the fallout of being unmasked in the hospital or something (since that would've been a dangling question if she survived).

Narcissus1916 posted:

LOL at someone arguing that Flash is the better show right now. Their second season has been a narrative clusterfuck, completely sidelining the best members of the cast.

All of the good writing is being funneled into LoT

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 7, 2016

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Supergirl is the best show among DC's TV ventures right now. I suggest everyone watch that instead.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The only problem with Felicity is that the show's writers can't commit to Oliver being in a lasting relationship.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
This felt like one of those Teen Titans Go episodes where they go for maximum trolling of bitter Teen Titans/Young Justice fans.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm not saying Flash is better, it's just abundantly clear that Felicity's character is a roadblock that prohibits Arrow moving its plot forward. At least The Flash keeps the narrative ball rolling, even if the writing is poo poo. It means we spend less time waiting in poo poo. I've been neck deep in Arrow's bullshit for a while now. Time to bail!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it, they killed the wrong blonde.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Hahaha I'd forgotten that they pulled this fake death thing with Roy too.

This is such a mess oh god

edit: NOT JUST ROY BUT WITH RAY TOO JEUSS CHRIST

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 7, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Xelkelvos posted:

All of the good writing is being funneled into LoT

yea its definitely not going to LoT

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

BrianWilly posted:

I'll say this:

If it weren't for the fact that they already did this death fake-out death thing with Sara and Thea and Felicity, this probably would've felt like a really interesting, competently-crafted storyline in spite of the inherent fridginess.

Now it's just gonna feel cheap no matter which way you slice it. If she stays dead, it feels really cheap. If she comes back, it still feels cheap. There's no way out of this corner that doesn't feel bizarrely contrived. The most we can hope for this is...I dunno. Hopefully the resurrection story feels empowering and transformative, like it usually does for other heroes.

Alternatively, we can hope for Cyborg Black Canary, Teen Black Canary, Weird Alien Computer Black Canary, and Black Black Canary.

Well they already are bringing her back. On the Flash!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Hahaha I'd forgotten that they pulled this fake death thing with Roy too.

This is such a mess oh god

edit: NOT JUST ROY BUT WITH RAY TOO JEUSS CHRIST

Abandon ship!!!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaake

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

teagone posted:

The tipping point for me was probably that one episode where she wore the ATOM suit.

In fairness, she was actually the highlight of that episode.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Rhyno posted:

God drat it, they killed the wrong blonde.

In the end, I'm happy they finally pushed me hard enough to just give up the ghost and stop watching this drat awful show. Happy to remove it from DVR.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

computer parts posted:

In fairness, she was actually the highlight of that episode.

To you maybe, at that point I was already sick of her poo poo. She looked stupid in the suit it came off as "tee hee, look at me!!!!" type crap and I wasn't having any of it.

XboxPants posted:

In the end, I'm happy they finally pushed me hard enough to just give up the ghost and stop watching this drat awful show. Happy to remove it from DVR.

I felt like I was just waiting for the show to give me a reason to do this and tonight's episode was good enough I guess.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Right now feels like a good time to :smugbert: at the vocal group that was sure (absolutely sure, mind you) that Laurel and Oliver would end up together because that's what the showrunners said once at some convention back in season 1.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Baronash posted:

Right now feels like a good time to :smugbert: at the vocal group that was sure (absolutely sure, mind you) that Laurel and Oliver would end up together because that's what the showrunners said once at some convention back in season 1.

So, like one person?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Killing off Laurel is a dumb decision no matter which you slice it :colbert:

I'll probably finish watching the season, but odds are I won't pick up season 5 until it hits Netflix or something. Unless the writing for Felicity improves significantly, it's unfathomably bad for the creative team of this show to basically write off a character because she's not gonna be the main romantic interest.

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 7, 2016

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah, that was some bullshit. Hard to say if the missing last words mean it's a fakeout or if they just want to save the reveal of them more another emotional punch down the line. I'm hoping for fakeout, if only because I like how Laurel has come along as a character and I think the show is better with her on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Arrow Season 4 - Worse than that last one

Anyway it's kind of funny how we have reached a point where Laurel is so beloved that people are ready to drop the show over her death. A shame the writers never realized what a good thing they made with her over these seasons and just decided to cheaply kill her off* as shock.

*-And yes I know the way they did it left room to make it fake, but Oliver would have to be the absolute biggest douchebag alive to traumatize his friends and make Lance experience losing one of his daughters for the third time.

• Locked thread