Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I like little Jolyne in Morioh things a lot but I don't think it needs to be in the anime.
(I think that she mentions that she got the 50 day stand fever and jotaro didn't come home from the country side when she was 5? this is despite getting stone free from the arrow)

But she wasn't born yet when Dio got his stand and triggered all that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I think the point of EoH's finale is that it starts over in the right timeline but just that teeny bit different.

I like little Jolyne in Morioh things a lot but I don't think it needs to be in the anime.
(I think that she mentions that she got the 50 day stand fever and jotaro didn't come home from the country side when she was 5? this is despite getting stone free from the arrow)

She had a fever but it wasn't stand related. Sometimes a terrible fever is just a terrible fever.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Amaryllis posted:

Not everyone can handle that.

has someone already done this?

Diamond is Unbreakable, but some things can break even the strongest bromance.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Amaryllis posted:

Not everyone can handle that.

has someone already done this?

Beautiful.

Anyway, I feel like Jotaro carrying a picture of his family wouldn't really match. If I were David, I'd have Joseph just mention it offhand "Hey, grandson, how's the wife and daughter?" and Jotaro just ignores it completely and some people assume it's just some more of Joseph's wacky senile banter.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Diamond is Unbreakable, but some things can break even the strongest bromance.

Crazy Diamond can fix anything... but poor taste.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Beautiful.

Anyway, I feel like Jotaro carrying a picture of his family wouldn't really match. If I were David, I'd have Joseph just mention it offhand "Hey, grandson, how's the wife and daughter?" and Jotaro just ignores it completely and some people assume it's just some more of Joseph's wacky senile banter.

I can support this and think it would make sense.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Just started reading Part 7 today. I find it hilarious that the colored version has red Legend of Zelda text for all '....'s

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

We saw that he kept a picture of his friends from Part 3 later on, so I would say having a picture of his wife and kid is in line with him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah but that was in his house at the start of Part 5, right? Him having mementos makes sense but actually carrying them with him when he goes somewhere feels like something he wouldn't do. So a picture of Jolyne in his wallet is a nah but having several pictures of him with Jolyne in his house i'd believe.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah but that was in his house at the start of Part 5, right? Him having mementos makes sense but actually carrying them with him when he goes somewhere feels like something he wouldn't do. So a picture of Jolyne in his wallet is a nah but having several pictures of him with Jolyne in his house i'd believe.

The living room of the Kujo/Cujoh/Cujo/Cudjo househould is literally wallpapered with pictures of Jolyne.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
he covered the big sign in the speedwagon foundation that says "DON'T FORGET YOU'RE HERE FOREVER" with pictures of jolyne

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The dolphin heart was a father's day gift that's my head canon thanks for reading

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Pomp posted:

The dolphin heart was a father's day gift that's my head canon thanks for reading

:3: awwww

RHCP - Aeroplane is WB, 1995. God dammit

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The anime watchers are gonna be heartbroken when Joseph is introduced. :smith:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

no they will not posted:

he covered the big sign in the speedwagon foundation that says "DON'T FORGET YOU'RE HERE FOREVER" with pictures of jolyne

The pictures are arranged so the letters say "DOLPHIN" somehow.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

The anime watchers are gonna be heartbroken when Joseph is introduced. :smith:

I know I kinda was when he was introduced, but then he got to be cool later, so it was okay. :unsmith:

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Kinda late to the party with sharing friend reactions to Part 4, but one of my friends straight up refused to believe Josuke was Joseph's son. He said there had to be some kind of Stand shenanigans, that had to be what was going on, sure Joseph is an rear end but surely even cheating on his wife is below him.

:smith:

Can't wait for him to see Very Oldseph in the flesh.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Joseph should have killed kira's dad

it'd be like poetry; it'd rhyme

edit: especially considering all he was good for in part 3 was karate chopping cameras.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

There's even a stand in this part that's a sort of a simple power concept but is made more elaborate by the fact that it's done by a stand and not just something the user waves his/her hands and does. I will elaborate no more.
btw I was referring to how Killer Queen's power is "silently disintegrates things," allowing him to destroy evidence of people he kills discreetly. The "explosions" and accompanying seem to just be cosmetic effects only stand users can perceive, like how the cops couldn't see Magician Red's flames and just knew it was getting hot for no apparent reason.
He does it to people in crowded schools and apartment complexes and even do a guy's briefcase while he's holding it and nobody notices this happening or investigates any sound. It took me a while to understand this, because I was really confused by Kira saying he can get away with his crimes because Killer Queen can destroy evidence despite constantly saying it's a bomb.

Oh and my idiot roommate watched the episode and was trying to figure out what Crazy Diamond's power is by explaining it to me, and he asked if Josuke would be able to use his power to make money with lottery tickets. Was it bad that I told him that literally happens?

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 7, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

The pictures are arranged so the letters say "DOLPHIN" somehow.

melodicwaffle posted:

Kinda late to the party with sharing friend reactions to Part 4, but one of my friends straight up refused to believe Josuke was Joseph's son. He said there had to be some kind of Stand shenanigans, that had to be what was going on, sure Joseph is an rear end but surely even cheating on his wife is below him.

:smith:

Can't wait for him to see Very Oldseph in the flesh.

To be fair, I could totally see Joseph at least try to pin this whole mess on the Work of an Enemy Stand.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

To be fair, I could totally see Joseph at least try to pin this whole mess on the Work of an Enemy Stand.

Well, it was somewhat of a Stand, if you know what I mean.

i mean his penis

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

「If Loving You Is Wrong I Don’t Want To Be Right.」

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Xad posted:

I know I kinda was when he was introduced, but then he got to be cool later, so it was okay. :unsmith:

Shizuka was one of the most emotional moments I had in any anime/manga. Part 4 is amazing.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Oh and my idiot roommate watched the episode and was trying to figure out what Crazy Diamond's power is by explaining it to me, and he asked if Josuke would be able to use his power to make money with lottery tickets. Was it bad that I told him that literally happens?

If anything it should make him more excited. I wouldn't say more than that, but it gives him something to look forward to.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I would've said the same thing then kicked myself mentally for not telling him "that's stupid" and leaving it there.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm so happy that this video is still around:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjnAaFmz3tw

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

:3: awwww

RHCP - Aeroplane is WB, 1995. God dammit

1995 can very easily be considered second half of the 90's and it released in 96

While it could be auto translate being a poo poo, "second half" isn't something someone might necessarily say when they mean "end of the 90's"

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Where the gently caress are my it's friday memes?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

KidDynamite posted:

Where the gently caress are my it's friday memes?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

You are very COOL and GOOD

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Having just seen the OP in the anime thread I'm guessing that there's going to be at least 3 but only two that are really different. A second version of this first one later for when Koichi gets Echoes and then a real new one for Cinderella onwards for the actual Kira stuff.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I can't wait for when Koichi's girlfriend asks him what is Funky music so it can smash cut into the OP.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Dragonatrix posted:

Having just seen the OP in the anime thread I'm guessing that there's going to be at least 3 but only two that are really different. A second version of this first one later for when Koichi gets Echoes and then a real new one for Cinderella onwards for the actual Kira stuff.
I'm assuming maybe Rohan will be added too aside from a flash in the initial character shadows, unless we somehow don't get too far past him.

I can't actually listen to the OP right now but I love how lame Koichi's part looks without Echoes in contrast to everyone else's.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yep, there's a load of notable characters missing from the OP's animation. It'll be added to.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Moltrey posted:

I can't actually listen to the OP right now but I love how lame Koichi's part looks without Echoes in contrast to everyone else's.

Koichi posing awkwardly by himself for MVP.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I'm also at work, so if someone could just let me know if it's all star so I can drive down to the cursed land Aurain is in and laugh right in his face that'd be swell.

Bad Seafood posted:

Gonna be at work tomorrow when the episode hits, but I'll know if it's All Star since I'll be able to hear Aurain screaming.

I just want to savour these posts specifically.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Do we know where we got to with this episode? I'm assuming it was like how everyone said, somewhere around Angelo's exposition dump but before Josuke turns a man into a loving rock.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just before he makes the rock look uglier. He puts him in the rock before it ends.

This is me irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bondster
May 6, 2007

I'm so happy that my boy Tonio got a spot in the OP. I can't loving wait for some spaghetti to get rocked.