Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Can someone fix eonwe again? Our benefactor is back, it seems (and too angry to type properly). :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

Can someone fix eonwe again? Our benefactor is back, it seems (and too angry to type properly). :haw:

Eonwe nooooo

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do you think Ben cries himself to sleep at night after spending half an hour burning off any skin tabs he can reach with a Bic lighter?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Logic Sol: FPS mechanics and Star Marine should be deployed by June/July

Logic Sol: There is nothing preventing CiG from having SQ42 essentially done right now

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

I'm dumb and only check in once in a while for a chuckle, but can someone tell me what E.L.E. is?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Layoffs! They are going to lay off the PU staff!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I wonder what kind of salary Chris pays himself and his wife from donation money.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Can the scroll pace be slowed down with that?

Tippis posted:

He still has the spinny elephant in my view. Maybe someone already fixed him.

edit: when you buy back the elephant increment the number of days by a random quantity because it's funny

Haskell9 fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 7, 2016

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Safetyland posted:

I'm dumb and only check in once in a while for a chuckle, but can someone tell me what E.L.E. is?

E.L.E. might refer to:

English Language Evenings, a public lecture forum established by Stephen Lapeyrouse in Moscow, Russia.

Extinction Level Event.

European Lunar Explorer.

E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event): The Final World Front, third studio album by American hip-hop artist Busta Rhymes.

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

What about Everyone Loves Everyone

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6542209/#Comment_6542209

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6542227/#Comment_6542227

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6542273/#Comment_6542273

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Breetai posted:

Bite the tips of both ends off and use it as a straw to drink your favourite hot beverage.

:stare: I am doing this tonight

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Sickening posted:

I wonder what kind of salary Chris pays himself and his wife from donation money.

Here's a hint on their fiscal discretion: they decided to pay themselves for work done prior to the Kickstarter.

Rodney-CK
Jun 19, 2004

D1E posted:

So CIG should have a garage sale. I bet all that stupid Restoration Hardware furniture would sell quickly in Santa Monica. They could also start selling their three sets of mo-cap cameras, as well as various Star Citizen memorabilia they have sitting around.

That should buy them another month or two, right?

This. I predicted this in my blog several months ago.

However what you missed is who will be buying this stuff at dirt cheap prices.

I'll give you a hint: it will be some company Roberts has affiliation with.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Haskell9 posted:

Can the scroll pace be slowed down with that?

edit: when you buy back the elephant increment the number of days by a random quantity because it's funny

Is he still broken or did somebody get him fixed?

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Ahh yes, the old project management trick of holding things back intentionally.

:psyboom:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

D_Smart posted:

It's been in progress for the past two weeks. This week has been particularly interesting. And tomorrow even more so here in the US.

Lots of crazy stuff also going on in the UK that I can't talk about. Yet. Maybe EightAce may think it's safe to post about that, but I hinted at some of it this morning, without elaborating.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/717741338196840448

I'm trying very hard not to tip our hand, or compromise sources, but seriously, EVERYONE is talking. And the more they try to clamp down on that, the worse it gets because then people just get paranoid and start asking questions, whispering etc.

Hey, fair enough, Derek. We're just the gawkdogs, anyway. Definitely not worth spoiling anything for our sake -- we kill our own half the time anyway.

Whatever happens or doesn't we've got no shortage of ways to amuse ourselves. After all, there's "Around the Verse" to parse tomorrow and "Reverse the Verse" to take apart Friday and always a few surprises every week, to boot.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Haskell9 posted:

The profile has/hasn't updated, but when I look at a post, it's this:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

I love these guys trying to cope.

"Squadron 42? Of course its almost done. Why wouldn't it be done. They said it was almost done. See? Here is where they said it was done. No way in hell are they basically still choosing what species of wood to build their house out of after 110,000,000 and 4 years 2 years -6 Months of Development"

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Rodney-CK posted:

This. I predicted this in my blog several months ago.

However what you missed is who will be buying this stuff at dirt cheap prices.

I'll give you a hint: it will be some company Roberts has affiliation with.

:golfclap:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

If software engineering is so easy, why the gently caress isn't this project done already? How can you have these retard, contradictory thoughts in your brain. You gently caress!

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Beet Wagon posted:

Is he still broken or did somebody get him fixed?

He's fixed. Might not show up for ~5 min.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

At this point, Lowtax should just give Eonwe a permanent av that just says "You see how he's mad, and I'm not mad?"

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I am going to be sad if the car dealership never comes out.

That is the only thing left that this game has, that I look forward too.

paaaarp

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Tippis posted:

The profile has/hasn't updated, but when I look at a post, it's this:

That was my mistake, Tippis. I had a screenshot of his profile bookmarked as his actual profile. :downs:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

ZenMaster posted:

:stare: I am doing this tonight

Since I have seen this before: you do it quick and then immediately eat it. It doesn't stay a straw for long.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Haskell9 posted:

That was my mistake, Tippis. I had a screenshot of his profile bookmarked as his actual profile. :downs:

This is getting too convoluted. Everyone should just be given a random Archer original by the forum so we don't have to worry about these things.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Greggy_D (High Admiral - $1000) makes some good posts elsewhere in the thread questioning how much work remains to be done on Squadron 42 and the realism of a 2016 timetable. This interaction was fun though.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6542551/#Comment_6542551

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6542577/#Comment_6542577

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6542608/#Comment_6542608

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
I think the idea of one tard's McDonalds paychecks versus an entire thread in a ridiculous avatar slapfight is really funny. I wish he'd post here.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Mirificus posted:

Greggy_D (High Admiral - $1000) makes some good posts elsewhere in the thread questioning how much work remains to be done on Squadron 42 and the realism of a 2016 timetable. This interaction was fun though.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6542551/#Comment_6542551

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6542577/#Comment_6542577

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6542608/#Comment_6542608

Does this mean I have to update my dev time graph with a more realistic 2017–2018 for SQ42 and SC? :D

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
just stopping by after the big 30k, can two hardened star marines space dock yet?

comatose posted:

Ahh yes, the old project management trick of holding things back intentionally.

100% normal to hold back content in game development, but that shouldn't dimisnh your hopes for Star Nukem Forever

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

Seriously, if it's one thing that I hate the most, it's when someone makes a mistake, and simply doesn't have the balls to own up to it.

Then, instead of just walking away, they double down.

Look at this poo poo and you be the judge:

Derek, I know you're familiar with :bravo: and :five: but have you met :ironicat:?

Again, people make mistakes all that time, nobody (but guys like you) gives a poo poo. Forget about that stuff, just post!

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 7, 2016

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Haskell9 posted:

Quoting this for maximum parps.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

is it over yet?

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

trucutru posted:

Again, people have mistakes all that time, nobody (but guys like you) gives a poo poo. Forget about that poo poo, just post!

When you're dealing with lawsuits, the FBI, and internal whistleblowers, mistakes regarding encryption can become very serious very quickly. It's perfectly understandable that he wants to clear up any misunderstanding regarding what he posted.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sickening posted:

There have been rumors of mid six-figure numbers, but so far as I know, they have no trustworthy source.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

D_Smart posted:

Seriously, if it's one thing that I hate the most, it's when someone makes a mistake, and simply doesn't have the balls to own up to it.

Then, instead of just walking away, they double down.

I have figured it out. I have cracked the code.

The reason you hate Chris so much is because he is exactly like you. You are both egotistical without merit, confident without backing, and too happy to believe in the bullshit you spew. You are both two of the biggest man babies the world has ever known.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

BULBASAUR posted:

just stopping by after the big 30k, can two hardened star marines space dock yet?

100% normal to hold back content in game development, but that shouldn't dimisnh your hopes for Star Nukem Forever

I do not understand game development.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

moveable shape posted:

Mods please:

Star Citizen - Master Series Cock Shock Remote CBT Electric Cock Ring

Don't you mean Star Citizen: Breakdancing 2: The Electric Cock Ring

Imagine how that thing would make you move. :pgabz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU