Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

The republican party has always been the anti christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

"Let's have more war and let's give less money to the poor"

Lol who would ever think that they are NOT the literal anti-christ?

What do you think JESUS CHRIST SPOKE OF?!?!?

OF COURSE the republican party is EXTREMELY EXPLICIT about how they ARE THE ANTI-CHRIST

THEY LOVE TO KILL AND THEY HATE TO HELP THE POOR

IT IS EXTREMELY CLEAR

THE REPUBLICAN {ARTY DOES NOT HESITATE TO SAY THAT THEY ARE THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

"Oh hey calm down, Cool Bear, look at these leprous tax collectors. You need to understand that a tax collector who has leprosy is actually a piece of poo poo forever and everyone should hate this person forever"

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

"Ok thank you. Maybe if I promise to my lord that I will never use my genitals, then and only then I will be able to provide some random amount of philosophy or something just simply because I have pretended to restrain my genitals, unlike every other person in the whole world."

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Brainiac Five posted:

Apocalyptic Judaism... Zealots

Here's the thing about all that. The gospels are written (Mark, Matthew, and Luke at least) during (Mark) /after (Matthew, Luke) the war and the Temple is destroyed. They are written by people who have seen what apocalyptic dreams, violence and zealotry brought to their lives and communities. By people who have lost what they dreamed for (a Jewish Kingdom) and seen many many crosses. They need to be understood in that context.

Griffen
Aug 7, 2008

Brainiac Five posted:

Paul claims no knowledge of Jesus from his experience near Damascus

I honestly have no idea where you're getting most of the stuff you're spouting. It sounds like some conspiracy theory Glen Beck wouldn't even touch for being too crazy. Jesus' return with an iron rod is in reference to His authority over Earth as God, paralleling the account of the Roman centurion meeting Jesus. But honestly, this snippet above shows me that you actually know nothing about Christianity. In Galatians 1:12 Paul lays out his claim to theological authority where he recounts that he was instructed through divine revelation on the road to Damascus, which directly contradicts what you say here. From your lack of questions, I can conclude that you don't actually want to discuss or learn anything. You are either trolling the thread, or honestly believe what you say - either way, there is no point to any further discussion with you at this time.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

*prepares to jerk off and executes jerking off perfectly*

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

I have thought to myself, many satanic plans to hurt this thread.

I do not want to do those things anymore.

I want to leave this thread as it is.

I want you little Christians to do your thing. I have nothing to say. Because you are pathetic to me and you are nothing, I pity you.

Please never vote.

Oh your religion hates gays for no reason does it? Does it hate muslims now? Maybe your stupid idiot religion hates orthodox jews lets randomly kill them, you idiot fucker pieces of poo poo, god drat your religion to hell.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

McDowell posted:

It's crazy to bend this to say it's wrong to get a prosthetic limb or glasses or what have you when it is needed. But there are questions raised by things like 'Deus Ex' - where technology is available that actually augments your mind and body - would you mutilate yourself to integrate technology that way? How far would you surrender your perception of reality?

Why is it crazy? What's the meaningful difference between getting glasses and getting ocular implants? Why is the latter inherently evil?

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

The entire concept of christianity after emperor constantine in around the year 400 is worshipping the anti-christ.

You worship THE anti-christ and truly satan himself.

You think that you know "the bible" and the faithful laugh in your face

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Griffen posted:

I honestly have no idea where you're getting most of the stuff you're spouting. It sounds like some conspiracy theory Glen Beck wouldn't even touch for being too crazy. Jesus' return with an iron rod is in reference to His authority over Earth as God, paralleling the account of the Roman centurion meeting Jesus. But honestly, this snippet above shows me that you actually know nothing about Christianity. In Galatians 1:12 Paul lays out his claim to theological authority where he recounts that he was instructed through divine revelation on the road to Damascus, which directly contradicts what you say here. From your lack of questions, I can conclude that you don't actually want to discuss or learn anything. You are either trolling the thread, or honestly believe what you say - either way, there is no point to any further discussion with you at this time.

And guess what? Paul doesn't claim any specific knowledge of Jesus from that meeting beyond the fact of the Resurrection and Messiahhood of Jesus. Indeed, he specifically claims he was ignorant for years after conversion, having only met Peter and James three years into it, meeting only them, and only for fifteen days. This is consistent with Paulline theology. For Paul, the fact of the Resurrection and the forgiveness of God implied in the exaltation of one who had been cursed is the most important aspect of Christianity.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

*SOME PEOPLE SAY THIS* "I think we should treat our neighbor like yourself, including the oppresive roman empire oh oops ive been killed

*AND OTHER PEOPLE SAY THIS* HEY HEY OOO BABY IF YOU DRINK MY MAGICAL BLOOD THEN apparently, for no reason, my dumbass father requires that he sacrifices his own son in order to open the gates of heaven lol!?!?

Apparently, the gates of heaven require that god sacrifices his own son.

So listen to this, God is sitting there for THOUSANDS OF YEARS WITH MILLIONS OF GOOD PEOPLE JUST WAITING AND WAITING

and god says

WHOA HEY ITS ZERO AD, ANNO DOMINI

HERE WE GO,

Here is how it works ok, millions of faithful Jews, SHUT THE gently caress UP

SHUT UP

I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR LIKE A THOUSANDYEARS WAHTEVER I DONT CARE gently caress YOU

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

And then the magical moment which millions upon bazillions of jews have been waiting.

Finally Jesus was sacrificed, because for some reason that's what god needs or requires for some reason lol

wtf you idiots gently caress you

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cool Bear posted:

And then the magical moment which millions upon bazillions of jews have been waiting.

Finally Jesus was sacrificed, because for some reason that's what god needs or requires for some reason lol

wtf you idiots gently caress you

We all get the joke now, you can stop.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

If I may ask, what has your experience with Christianity been? You seem like you or someone else you love may have been hurt by it in the past.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

BrandorKP posted:

Here's the thing about all that. The gospels are written (Mark, Matthew, and Luke at least) during (Mark) /after (Matthew, Luke) the war and the Temple is destroyed. They are written by people who have seen what apocalyptic dreams, violence and zealotry brought to their lives and communities. By people who have lost what they dreamed for (a Jewish Kingdom) and seen many many crosses. They need to be understood in that context.

Well, I don't think they invented Simon Zealot, though. I'm talking as much as possible about historical Jesus, there, or else I'd be getting into the conflicting theologies.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

The great and omnipotent lord is a giant man with a big beard and he looks down upon his domain.

Everyone respects him and look up to him and thinks that he is great.

He speaks to them

He says

"I will forgive all of your sins, I -oh poo poo I forgot... I oh gently caress..........

I .........Listen...... I need to kill my own son........ AW gently caress.........

I FORGOT to put the... listen its complicated but I seriously... I need to put my

own son into your earth and then I need to kill my own son

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

"Oh oops I accidentally created the concept of being gay and also pedophilia.

So if any of you have either gayness or pedophilia, then that is how you know that you should be a "celibate member of the clergy"!!!

Maybe God really does want all gays and pedos to become clergy. Maybe he gave you the .......... blessing of having your entire sexuality destroyed. Now only you CAN BE CELIBATE. ONLY YOU.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

It's special to have this gift from god where you sexually

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make
Actually, now that I look through his post history, Cool Bear seems to have a track record for this exact kind of behavior. So it seems like he's going to continue posting like this till he can't no more (or gets bored).

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

Fionordequester posted:

Actually, now that I look through his post history, Cool Bear seems to have a track record for this exact kind of behavior. So it seems like he's going to continue posting like this till he can't no more (or gets bored).

???????????????

You're all gay.

You all should have voted anti-war except you suddenly thought that ABORTION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WAR.

WAR?!

ABORTION!?

Oh did Fox news say that abortion exists? Well then ok whatever fox news says.

Let's have all churches everywhere and every time support fox news. :Lets kill every single innopcent brown skinned person ever

For

One

Reason

Only:

Abortion?

Let's support all republican bombs and millions of dead iraqis because republicans are "apparently anti-abortion"

Republicans actually cause more abortion by failing to support low income americans. Republican ignorance causes coat hanger abortions and the death of women.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

Fionordequester posted:

what behavior, what is your problem

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

Fionordequester posted:

If I may ask, what has your experience with Christianity been? You seem like you or someone else you love may have been hurt by it in the past.

You have deleted the contents of what you are responding to, which is frustrating to me. It's rude to me.

Why do you think religion is ok? To begin with, how could you possibly think that religion is ok?

Let;s start with that, how on earth could you possibly think that YOUR opinion is not garbage?

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

You deleted the part where I mentioned Emperor Constantine, who I SPECIFICALLY AND RELIGIOUSLY CONSIDER the anti christ.

I was not joking when I said that. Perhaps you think religion is a joke. Maybe that is because gently caress you lol.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Cool Bear posted:

You deleted the part where I mentioned Emperor Constantine, who I SPECIFICALLY AND RELIGIOUSLY CONSIDER the anti christ.

Constantine actually saved Roman civilization (and non-German Western civilization) in the wake of the 3rd Century Crisis.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Majorian posted:

Constantine actually saved Roman civilization (and non-German Western civilization) in the wake of the 3rd Century Crisis.

constantine was a despot who destroyed the enlightened liberty of the ancients and turned the Empire into a degenerate theocracy, FYI

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

icantfindaname posted:

constantine was a despot who destroyed the enlightened liberty of the ancients and turned the Empire into a degenerate theocracy, FYI

Cannot tell if you actually think that Rome was some fantasy made up by enlightenment figures.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

icantfindaname posted:

The Empire was actually well on its way down that road long before Constantine came around. See: Mr. gabalus, first name Ela.

Also the Late Roman Period was hardly a theocracy. Please.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

McDowell posted:

This is a BFD, if you catch my drift. This video world is crazy enough. Just you wait. And imagine if the astronomers find Nibiru, and/or with local innovation or an actual extraterrestrial event the means are available for humans to live forever in a material way. Wouldn't it be total blasphemy to do such a thing? Your consciousness would be a slave to the operators of the machine (forget 'you are the product' - this is way beyond that). To become some kind of singularity being, a total cyborg, or however these things develop - becomes denial and opposition of God's plan for all biological things - to be subject to time and entropy.

It's crazy to bend this to say it's wrong to get a prosthetic limb or glasses or what have you when it is needed. But there are questions raised by things like 'Deus Ex' - where technology is available that actually augments your mind and body - would you mutilate yourself to integrate technology that way? How far would you surrender your perception of reality?

God doesn't exist, if god existed why would he have a plan, and even if he had a plan why would we give a gently caress?

also lol at thinking the mk1 eyeball is inherently better at perceiving reality than a moderately fancy camera

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
It would be tough to consider God as any better than Adolf Hitler given his actions.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Panzeh posted:

It would be tough to consider God as any better than Adolf Hitler given his actions.

Yes because God doesn't turn you into a slave that makes God a mass murderer.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

Yes because God doesn't turn you into a slave that makes God a mass murderer.

No, I think it's the mass murders that would make him a mass murderer.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Who What Now posted:

No, I think it's the mass murders that would make him a mass murderer.

Yes what mass murders?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

Yes what mass murders?

Which god are we talking about, specifically?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Who What Now posted:

Which god are we talking about, specifically?

Which God? The God that exists beyond the universe, out of time.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Crowsbeak posted:

Oh in that case, god is completely irrelevant because he's literally doing nothing.

If we're talking about the god of the jews, christians, or muslims on the other hand...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

That description is meaningless. What does it mean to be "beyond the universe"? What does it mean to be "out of time"?

I'll concede that a gibberish nonsense-God cannot commit murders, though.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

blowfish posted:

Oh in that case, god is completely irrelevant because he's literally doing nothing.

If we're talking about the god of the jews, christians, or muslims on the other hand...

You're kind of proving the point that leftists aren't very good at talking others' beliefs respectfully.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

blowfish posted:

Well God actually is beyond the Universe for God existed before it.

Who What Now posted:

That description is meaningless. What does it mean to be "beyond the universe"? What does it mean to be "out of time"?

I'll concede that a gibberish nonsense-God cannot commit murders, though.

Really? That the creator of the Universe cannot be part of that universe is meaningless. That time doesn't exist for the creator is gibberish?

I do love this thread is pushing the tired gibbonite narrative that the roman empire was some place of tolerance and light. Do you also think he was right about Democracy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Crowsbeak posted:

I do love this thread is pushing the tired gibbonite narrative that the roman empire was some place of tolerance and light. Do you also think he was right about Democracy?

The best part about Gibbon was his dumb belief that Christianity caused the downfall of the Western Empire, completely ignoring the fact that the much more Christian Eastern Empire lasted for another thousand years. Gibbon was kind of dumb on some things.

• Locked thread