Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Problem with grasp only triggering while in combat with champs is that unless it's a tank with CC out the rear end like naut/maokai it's going to be hard for them to stick to a guy and stay in combat for the 3 seconds while the other guy runs away before the buff drops off, it could probably use a increase to the "in combat" time if it's going to be champ only.

Gangplanks gonna have to find a new keystone probably, maybe deathfire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The big issue with Grasp is that it creates a net difference of about 150 hp between you and your target as soon as you buy at least one hp item and are melee. For most tanks, this is an absurd amount of net HP trade damage, on top of also being able to buy a bunch of tank. Sunfire not only does magic damage over time to the tune of about 35 when you finish it, to adding another 500 HP for your grasp to scale off of. You end up doing a lot of really tiny tick damage that is definitely useful for everybody, but particularly dangerous for squishy champions who really can't handle those base numbers for long.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Somebody tell me how to Volibear. Where do I bear? What do I build?

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Kha'Zix is the third most played jungler at the moment and his win rate isn't even garbage anymore! Those buffs must have helped. Anyone been playing him?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

The Lord of Hats posted:

Somebody tell me how to Volibear. Where do I bear? What do I build?

Top: Icebourne Gauntlet Sunfire Deadman's Plate Spirit Visage Sterak's Gauge etcetera, depends on enemy lane/teamcomp what items you want more

Jungle: Same but get a cinderhulk then a bunch of the above items

tank itemization is whack atm you pretty much cannot go wrong building anything bruisery or tanky on almost any non ADC champion

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Gangplanks gonna have to find a new keystone probably, maybe deathfire?

people already run thunderlords in a lot of matchups so it'll probably be that

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Libertine posted:

I think the main problem is you can put Sunfire/Iceborn Gauntlet/Spirit Visage on anyone (including assassins apparently) and still dominate.

Yup this is exactly it. Those 3 items plus corrupting potion (also Abyssal Scepter, and zz'rot in the prior patch) are so insanely gold-efficient that any champion with reasonable bases and one or more tank skills (say, a shield or a skill that gives additional resists) becomes a gigantic unkillable ball of stats that can still easily erase a carry. If your ADC falls behind at all he can't do anything to them. Honorable mention to Grasp of the Undying + Resolve tree generally being the strongest mastery tree in the game.

They are also all fairly cheap items and sunfire + IBG alone basically makes any champ in the game a strong waveclear champion and viable splitpusher.

Libertine posted:

Renekton is like Gnar in that he needs too many loving items to be really good. You can build him super AD-based and dunk fools in lane until mid/late game and then you realize you get cut through like grass.

Renekton can still oneshot a squishy at full build, and full AD Renekton actually seems to be one of the most common ones. At the very least you can squeeze in an extra Maw to go with the BC + Hydra as core damage items.

blah_blah fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 7, 2016

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

flyingkiwi posted:

Kha'Zix is the third most played jungler at the moment and his win rate isn't even garbage anymore! Those buffs must have helped. Anyone been playing him?

Yeah he owns now. Warrior duskblade then items to counter their team works for me.

Gropes
Mar 21, 2011

It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool.

flyingkiwi posted:

Yeah he seems pretty strong, I've been a little out of practice but he feels similar to a couple months ago. I feel like I might be doing something wrong though I'm always fairly low health by the time I get to red buff.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Looks like Riot's planning on nerfing Yi/Kayle/Kog'Maw this new patch instead of just nerfing Rageblade. Which is Step 2 of their 3 step nerf process, because in another patch or two someone will finally figure out that Rageblade was what made them strong, they'll nerf that, and then every champion that was nerfed before will be in the dumpster.

I just don't get it, it's so silly. Champions can sit unchanged for a year, a new item change comes out, champion becomes strong and instead of hitting the item they hit the champion with two consecutive nerfs and then nerf the item.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I definitely think this whole season has been characterized by bad item balance and that relatively speaking champions have been fine. Pro players literally just figure out what kit is the strongest to pair with the optimal items now and keep running that out for patches until that kit gets downed slightly. Item changes seem super rare relative to champion changes when really considering the sheer number of champions now it should be the other way around.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
If someone buys me pink taric I'll give you elo.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if the game had a stable selection of items it would make more sense to balance around the champions instead. they add/remove items and eventually change items and so on so frequently it feels like the game is getting away from them a bit.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Methanar posted:

If someone buys me pink taric I'll give you elo.

uhh how much elo

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
How much is it gonna take for my sweet, sweet taric skin

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
How many skins to go from s5 to g5. Asking for a friend.

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery
over $450 worth of skins so you can git gud out of commitment to the game.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Signed, an Ecuadorean

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Peakay posted:

over $450 worth of skins so you can git gud out of commitment to the game.

I only have commitment to that rear end.

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery

NTT posted:

Signed, an Ecuadorean

Singed*

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I love league

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Holy gently caress that grasp nerf on PBE :(

More nauto top nerfs :(

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Join me in weeping for our champions, zed and nautilus

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

NTT posted:

Join me in weeping for our champions, zed and nautilus

I shall not weep for Zed.

Mostly being being a Silver Shitter means I am sick to loving death of my midlaners instantly folding the moment Zed hits level 6 and rushes a Duskblade, before he runs rampant across be map because "What do I do man he can 100-0 me in 3 seconds"

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
And yet you weep for nautilus

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

NTT posted:

And yet you weep for nautilus

He's a big scuba diver son.

Zed is some 14 edgelords idea of a perfect character.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

You seem to have Zed confused with Aatrox

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Killed By Death posted:

You seem to have Zed confused with Aatrox

Also Aatrox.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
aatrox is loving badass leave him the gently caress alone

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Verviticus posted:

aatrox is loving badass leave him the gently caress alone

Who the gently caress is aatrox?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
AATROX IS poo poo!

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
aatrox is a darkin blade and the darkin blades like to fight for the sake of fighting. also he uses blood powers in a considerably less retarded way than vladimir, and stabs people until they die. his sword is bad rear end and it can dance if he wants it to

Tired Moritz posted:

AATROX IS poo poo!

hes extremely bad and i still win 65% of my games with him. i wish he was secret good instead of me being the aatrox whisperer

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 7, 2016

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Verviticus posted:

aatrox is a darkin blade and the darkin blades like to fight for the sake of fighting. also he uses blood powers in a considerably less retarded way than vladimir, and stabs people until they die. his sword is bad rear end and it can dance if he wants it to

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I can't believe people in Riot approve of the word "Darkin"

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

What's the icon next to the Ahri skin mean?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

Big Tits.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Gridlocked posted:

Legacy/Limited

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Aatrox, the Merkin Blade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

aatrox owns but my god is he awful

• Locked thread