Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I just hope Microsoft's stupidity doesn't gently caress over Remedy because I'd like Alan Wake 2 to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

net cafe scandal posted:

Does anyone know how to fix a squeaky/creaky d-pad on a Dualshock 3

dip it in that non-conductive oil they use to supercool computers. just spit balling

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Did Mighty No. 9 ever actually come out or has it gone into development hell?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

No, yes

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Capcom did nothing wrong.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

oddium posted:

dip it in that non-conductive oil they use to supercool computers. just spit balling

I dont know where I can find that much oil... except off your drat forehead you greasy motherfucker!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

More like Crapcom haha

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Motto posted:

No, yes

Dang, last I heard about it was in August or something and then nothing.

I was reminded of it and wondered if it had been that underwhelming.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Unfunny Poster posted:

Nobody saw this coming and are genuinely shocked.

I get MS wants their own store platform to get a cut of stuff/not let Valve make money off stuff, but they seem entirely incompetent in doing so.
They also want to push their stupid UWP thing, because people really want to play PC games designed for cell phones/tablets.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's a year past its projected release date at this point.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IShallRiseAgain posted:

They also want to push their stupid UWP thing, because people really want to play PC games designed for cell phones/tablets.

That's even worse.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Is MS trying to replace EA as the most incompetent player in the market?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Furnaceface posted:

Is MS trying to replace EA as the most incompetent player in the market?
Microsoft always was. Ironic really.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

according to GB, quantum break is a 6-10 hour (including and hour or two of full motion video) boring mess that makes the order 1886 seem varied in its gameplay

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

according to GB, quantum break is a 6-10 hour (including and hour or two of full motion video) boring mess that makes the order 1886 seem varied in its gameplay
Saw that coming for a while.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jay Rust posted:

More like Crapcom haha

crapcept doofus.

or Comcrap. :v:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The core gameplay of Alan Wake was some of the most boring I've ever seen in a shooter, there's only two kinds of enemies and they all take forever to kill because of the stupid flashlight gimmick.

Real hurthling! posted:

To be fair to Remedy the game's development was basically tanked by Microsoft using them to launch their television studio only to shut it down two years before the game even came out

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Alan Wake remains one of those games I desperately want to play, despite it being probably pretty bad.

I watched a whole LP on it and the worst thing seemed to be that they basically only had one boss fight, when they clearly hint at several.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Accordion Man posted:

I just hope Microsoft's stupidity doesn't gently caress over Remedy because I'd like Alan Wake 2 to happen.

It'll be an endless runner on Windows Phone.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

the demo was mediocre and so poorly received that they had to scrap it basically

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Mordja posted:

Hello fellow gamers! What first-person shoot-em-ups are you looking forward to this year? I am most excited for Shadow Warrior 2 by Flying Hog Games and Space Hulk: Deathwing by Streum On Studio.

Semper games! :cool:
Shadow Warrior 2 is gonna be cool. I'll get some fun out of Doom 4... I probably SHOULD be interested in Overwatch given how much TF2 I've played over the years, but it just hasn't grabbed me from looking at videos and such.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Guys, Undertale

is really good.

░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
█░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
█░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Definitely an underrated game

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
do you get that the title Undertale

refers to the meta narrative

as well as the straight narrative

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

When I was playing undertale and after I just beat it, it was literally my game of the decade but now that I've had some time since then my opinion on it can be summed up in "ehh it was p good I guess."

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That happens to me a lot :(

I can't believe I defended Fallout 4 :(

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

Mineral oil. It's industrial application stuff, so you can probably order a whole drat drum of it if you were inclined.

net cafe scandal posted:

Does anyone know how to fix a squeaky/creaky d-pad on a Dualshock 3

Dpad is on a material with conductive contacts, so if it's creaking/squeaking, either the dpad is misaligned or something else is in there. Clean it out, and if you can, check the rubbery pad under the hard plastic; if that tore, it might make the dpad rub against the housing. Both require taking the controller apart, unfortunately.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

net cafe scandal posted:

I dont know where I can find that much oil... except off your drat forehead you greasy motherfucker!

fuckin owned lol

Jay Rust posted:

That happens to me a lot :(

I can't believe I defended Fallout 4 :(

It's ok that you enjoyed the game. I forgive you.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I liked Fallout 4, but it suffers from the same shoddy construction as all games by that studio.

Pretty though, loved the creepy radiation dust cloud zone.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I think the gaming landscape is better for having Undertale as a part of it. There, that's my wildly divisive opinion on a popular game.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

LawfulWaffle posted:

I think the gaming landscape is better for having Undertale as a part of it. There, that's my wildly divisive opinion on a popular game.

Boo this man! BOO!

booo :boobeer: what in the gently caress this emoji

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

LawfulWaffle posted:

It's a right opinion.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Toby seems like a cool guy and I'm really not looking forward to his next game inevitably failing to live up to peoples' expectations and the backlash that is going to come with that.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
What's the deal with the name "Megalovania"? Is there a story behind why it's called that? I get "Megalomaniacal" for the first part, but "Vania" i slike, Castlevania and I dunno, is the song based on a Castlevania piece?

VVVV-- I know that, I mean the name itself.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Toby first used it in his old Earthbound hack and then afterwards he used it for Homsetuck. It's sort of become his own recurring theme.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Song names don't always mean something, 8-Bit Scholar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-pdpqSn0AI

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIAVrqy_BBI

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
i hope everybody had a good day today

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

What's the deal with the name "Megalovania"? Is there a story behind why it's called that? I get "Megalomaniacal" for the first part, but "Vania" i slike, Castlevania and I dunno, is the song based on a Castlevania piece?

VVVV-- I know that, I mean the name itself.

There was a game called live-a-live with a boss song called megalomania and he wanted to recreate that but for whatever reason either he couldnt or decided not to so he made his own thing and changed the name to megalovania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rf8Dj7PRAI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Song names don't always mean something, 8-Bit Scholar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-pdpqSn0AI

https://youtu.be/DkTYXF0_d-w

• Locked thread