Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davedog
Sep 11, 2009
Cleared a bunch of pubbies and have room for goons to use the maxxed out Boba Fett I have laying around and never use myself.

Ally code: 274-166-948

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

KittyEmpress posted:

Should I aim to get shards of heroes I already have (things like ewok scout, the trooper, the consular) to start, to progress further in on stronger versions of them, or should I start farming for the named character shards ASAP to replace these guys?

I would recommend getting JC to 4* early on because he makes GW much easier. You can do a combination of hard missions and cantina for this, although GS is a better use for cantina energy. Dooku is still one of the best heroes, and if you do his hard shards from the start, you'll unlock him before you know it.
I would lean towards maxing QGJ before working on Daka, but you will hit a wall in DS missions. Ifthey remove the paywall from Tusken Shaman, that will get easier, but I don't think that will happen for awhile. However, QGJ, Lumi, Sid, and GS will keep you in top arena spots for quite awhile.
Farm Rey early on (HM only), and never stop. Eventually you can farm up to 3 missions for her, but getting a start now is good.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

KittyEmpress posted:

Should I aim to get shards of heroes I already have (things like ewok scout, the trooper, the consular) to start, to progress further in on stronger versions of them, or should I start farming for the named character shards ASAP to replace these guys?

What Dave said, but also, take those toons he said to 7 * immediately.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Lets get a list of goons who are still playing this game going now, so we can see how many guilds we'll be able to field.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Chilichimp posted:

Lets get a list of goons who are still playing this game going now, so we can see how many guilds we'll be able to field.

im still playing daily.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

Chilichimp posted:

Sounds like we need a Google sheet for this.

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Still active here. Ally code is 544-742-193.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm still playing. 468-432-741

I'm gonna clean out my friends list.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Created a google spreadsheet. Link in this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211

It's easier to read a spreadsheet than a series of posts. Everyone with a link can edit it, so the link is hidden in private game servers.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Jibo posted:

I'd say get Daka to like 5 stars maybe so that you have a solid darkside healer and mid level PVP character but then switch to Qui Gon ASAP because he is very good in basically anything you can use him in.

I would say pick one or the other, both have their merits, but whichever one you pick, stick with until you hit 7 stars. Cantina tokens especially are too valuable to split between characters, and having one 7* is much better than two 5*s. Also, Talia makes for a perfectly good dark side healer since they revamped her, most people forget this because they already had Daka unlocked by then and never went back to look at her.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
So have they detailed the "speed/damage" balance thing yet? Because I can only see three possible ways they can do it. Either change everyone's speed and be done with it. Or apply a scale based on base speed(making night sisters and Jedi possibly to good). Or possibly a scaler based on current speed, meaning poggle buff would debuff his own droids Lol.

Also of note for anyone starting/building their Jedi team for Yoda, gently caress mace windu. He will single handedly lose you that fight. 7 star with mace in your team is waaaayyyyy harder than anyone else in that spot.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

Created a google spreadsheet. Link in this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211

It's easier to read a spreadsheet than a series of posts. Everyone with a link can edit it, so the link is hidden in private game servers.

Nice idea. Added my name. Still actively playing, although the grind is getting a bit tedious.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

xyigx posted:

Also of note for anyone starting/building their Jedi team for Yoda, gently caress mace windu. He will single handedly lose you that fight. 7 star with mace in your team is waaaayyyyy harder than anyone else in that spot.

I used him and won easily, although I did have all 3 healers. Hell, I use him on my all-Jedi arena team too because gently caress the meta :colbert: (though he would be the first to go if a viable replacement (Kit Fisto) was not whale only).

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

I used him and won easily, although I did have all 3 healers. Hell, I use him on my all-Jedi arena team too because gently caress the meta :colbert: (though he would be the first to go if a viable replacement (Kit Fisto) was not whale only).

On don't get me wrong, my 7* mace is on the team. Just not the one vrs Yoda Lol. Full team of 7*(Barris almost there) Jedi including mace pretty much breeze through gw for me. Although I really want to try a counter attack team after I am done with the Jedi thing.

I just need to figure out the right mix, obv duku but not sure who else is a good counter attacker for FTP.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
I quit a week ago. Feel free to remove me. IGN was Meetra Surik.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Bit unsure what to farm for next.

Arena, started doing savage as did is 7. Good?
GW no idea. Lumi is 7
Cantina store is the slow QGJ grind
Cantina fights I'm doing Kylo but seems a bit meh. Will do Doku once I'm 69 and can unlock that tier.
Hard modes is Doku

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Tai posted:

Bit unsure what to farm for next.

Arena, started doing savage as did is 7. Good?
GW no idea. Lumi is 7
Cantina store is the slow QGJ grind
Cantina fights I'm doing Kylo but seems a bit meh. Will do Doku once I'm 69 and can unlock that tier.
Hard modes is Doku

Yep I'm in the same boat. Haven't seen what the next light/dark/cantina will unlock but I feel I'm close to falling out of the funnel.
RP is only thing I'm working on in GW, Lumi, IG, Phasma, Poggle done
HK/IG only thing in Arena, both will be done this week. Sid, Asajj, done. (Maybe work on ST Han?)
Finishing up Talia in Cantina, QGJ, Mace, Barriss, Kylo, JC done. (Maybe GS? But doubt would really use him now. Maybe Londo?)
Finishing up 5s in Cantina energy Old Dakka, Dooku, Poe, done. Fett? Tano? Neither seem like they'd get play. Could try FOO for a First order troop.
RG is only hard i'm doing and it's halfhearted after grinding FOTP and Rey.

shrug unless ship combat comes soon or the L80 has interesting characters I'm on my way out.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, lol 72 tank challenge is bullshit. He 1 shot Chewie for 13000 right out of the gate.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Sure would be nice if I didn't face 12 loving GW nodes in a row every single day that have Sidious in them

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Syrinxx posted:

Sure would be nice if I didn't face 12 loving GW nodes in a row every single day that have Sidious in them

It's even more fun when your main team is mostly Jedi. I get that Sidious is supposed to be anti-Jedi but his dodge rate is just stupid.

korofrog
Dec 15, 2006
smell my face!!!

Davethulhu posted:

I put my name on the sheet. I'm going to do a mass purge now and add the names I see there.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Ok, I'm on there. I will do a purge at some point, but I'm really lazy right now.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Spakstik posted:

It's even more fun when your main team is mostly Jedi. I get that Sidious is supposed to be anti-Jedi but his dodge rate is just stupid.

My GW team is all-Jedi now and I just laugh at him, Yoda puts tenacity buff on everyone for 2 turns during which I murder the majority of the enemy team, leaving him for last to act as a cooldown lowering target dummy :)

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Chilichimp posted:

Oh man, lol 72 tank challenge is bullshit. He 1 shot Chewie for 13000 right out of the gate.

Yeah this is dumb. Mace moves at normal speed, resists everything, and one shots everyone.

Good thing I need to run the tier below 72 about a million times to gear Yoda I guess.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

Yeah this is dumb. Mace moves at normal speed, resists everything, and one shots everyone.

Good thing I need to run the tier below 72 about a million times to gear Yoda I guess.

I just got RG to 4*, and have leveled/geared him. Let's see if that works...

Yup, first try. I've got level 71 6* G8 Poe and level 70 or 71 4* G7 RG. RG's stun/slow here is pretty amazing, and Poe seems to be applying a damage down thing. The other heroes I have in there are Teebo, Chewie, and FOST, and they all are somewhere in the level 50 to 60 range, so they just add a little bit of damage, and occasionally Chewie steals some turn meter.

Don't forget that level is a huge part of the potency/tenacity calculation, so if you're trying to get a level 60 RG to stun a level 72 Mace, it just won't happen.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I just don't understand the rewards for the challenge. The new item is for a level 82 piece of equipment, so nobody will be able to use it until the level 90 upgrade. And you stop getting an item (the power cell) that is used by a lot of characters.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

I just don't understand the rewards for the challenge. The new item is for a level 82 piece of equipment, so nobody will be able to use it until the level 90 upgrade. And you stop getting an item (the power cell) that is used by a lot of characters.

The devs are :ccp: bad.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Yeah. Also, why is the Mk4 A/T Stun gun an int item, and the Mk5 a str item? That just doesn't make sense to me. I had assumed this challenge would be dropping Mk5s, but I didn't even look at that item, or realize until now that it wasn't an int item. I only need those for Barriss right now though, so that's good. Still, it sucks to need 50 of an item and not have a challenge for it (unless it drops from the new Str challenge, I haven't seen that yet).

As for it dropping a level 82 piece of equipment, I don't have any heroes that can use that yet, what does it do and how many do you need? I'm assuming a lot, so, having a couple months to save them up sounds kinda nice? Also, I have 250 power cells, so, not a problem for me. I do have like 300 of the other two things the int challenge drops, so, really don't care, just glad to start collecting a new item I might need eventually.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

My GW team is all-Jedi now and I just laugh at him, Yoda puts tenacity buff on everyone for 2 turns during which I murder the majority of the enemy team, leaving him for last to act as a cooldown lowering target dummy :)

Don't forget your Barris lead dispels it anyway.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is this game still complete dog poo poo? I stopped playing over a month ago, because it looks like the plan was to raise the level cap every 2 months. Looks like they did it again, are are adding guilds. Is it worth playing again?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

Is this game still complete dog poo poo? I stopped playing over a month ago, because it looks like the plan was to raise the level cap every 2 months. Looks like they did it again, are are adding guilds. Is it worth playing again?

Ask us again in a month.

e: I guess I should add more. The game still has promise, in the sense that they could build something pretty awesome. That they've promised guilds and raid events at the end of this month is a sign of good progress. They're also talking about reworking one hit kills in this patch, and further down the road, finding a better arena system (they've hinted that they aren't entirely happy with the arena system).

I'm mostly still playing it cause I have more heroes to collect. Gotta catch 'em all.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 6, 2016

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Zotix posted:

There have been no positive changes in the past month, whatever you did not like about the game when you quit still holds true today.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hadn't noticed before but Grievous has a ridiculous kit. gently caress it, just decided today that I'll go for him. Already 10/80 :getin:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I borrowed a Teebo and after the first round all of my team was stealthed except for Nute Gunray.

But I did notice that non-stealth characters just get rendered with the same fill as shadows, while Nute at least becomes translucent and faded but still partially colored.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009

mdemone posted:

Hadn't noticed before but Grievous has a ridiculous kit. gently caress it, just decided today that I'll go for him. Already 10/80 :getin:

God speed.

I don't have enough time or patience to even think about Grievous. As a FTP he is not attainable to me.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

Cleared out my in-game allies list and re-added a load of people. If anyone else wants to add me, throw 332-858-457 on. Lookin' forward to guilds for co-operative grinding.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
Deleting all my cultivated high powered non-SA friends was rough but it's for the greater good. Kaschei bless you for running Greedo as your leader. It makes my Boba Fett lead team sing. I'm currently leveling my own Greedo, but he's not too powerful without synergy bonuses.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Aadoniel posted:

Deleting all my cultivated high powered non-SA friends was rough but it's for the greater good. Kaschei bless you for running Greedo as your leader. It makes my Boba Fett lead team sing. I'm currently leveling my own Greedo, but he's not too powerful without synergy bonuses.

Seconding the praise for a Greedo leader.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I wish the next update let you select which hero you want to borrow, itīs depressing that all my 35 allies offer for DS missions are Phasma or Sid :( My Daka and Talia are only 4* and I can already see how lovely will clearing the new DS mission be with them, I already am not even able to 3-star DS 7-D hard....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Aadoniel posted:

God speed.

I don't have enough time or patience to even think about Grievous. As a FTP he is not attainable to me.

I'm F2P too, but I probably play way more than the average. At any rate it'll give me something to do, there aren't any other characters I'm interested in unlocking right now.

• Locked thread