Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Fidel Castronaut posted:

One of my least favorite things about Trump is how far he has gone to make Kelly a sympathetic figure.

I just see a shill being put in her place, I don't know what you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

No Mans Land posted:

i thought you were quitting the thread, nerd

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

No Mans Land posted:

a woman being disparaged by what I imagine they modeled troll dolls after

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Epic High Five posted:

Trump has ALMOST made Kelly a sympathetic figure, but Mrs FYGM "only liberal when it comes to affluent white women stuff" isn't fooling me

There is no difference between Megyn Kelly and Karl Rove, ideologically.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Immortan posted:

Megyn Kelly believes in basic arithmetic.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

uncurable mlady posted:

i thought you were quitting the thread, nerd

You all need me to break up the circle jerk occasionally. Without me it becomes Democrat/Berniethread/Hillarythread lite. Pedantry and fart huffing as far as the eye can see.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

the_paradigm_shift posted:

a woman being disparaged by what I imagine they modeled troll dolls after

women can't be attacked or criticized ever, got it.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

No Mans Land posted:

women can't be attacked or criticized ever, got it.

the nature of the attacks matter as well but you're welcome to be dismissive

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

the nature of the attacks matter as well but you're welcome to be dismissive

i'm not sure they do...when bernie criticized hillary even a little bit he got called a misogynist. that's what everyones dealing with. women are successfully used as political pawns as they try to advance their careers.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

No Mans Land posted:

i'm not sure they do...when bernie criticized hillary even a little bit he got called a misogynist. that's what everyones dealing with. women are successfully used as political pawns as they try to advance their careers.

yeah see we aren't going to get anywhere if you start off worrying about what the hardcore Hillary defenders said about Bernie. Trumps bleeding out her whatever is a comment that should haunt him

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

yeah see we aren't going to get anywhere if you start off worrying about what the hardcore Hillary defenders said about Bernie. Trumps bleeding out her whatever is a comment that should haunt him

It's about the same caliber of comment as if he said a guy's got no balls. Who cares except flailing partisans

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster
I say flailing because they try to score points wherever they can, however they can. Racing to the bottom full speed ahead. And you all love it and see nothing wrong with it. Therefore the political discourse is at the level that it is.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Immortan posted:

The difference between the two is primarily that Kelly is liberal on just about every issue that helps her personally (family leave, women's rights so long as it's the "right" women, etc) and Rove is so conservative that even direct polling needs to be adjusted to the color of his home planet

The pick and choose with a laser focus kind of conservative that Kelly is is worse than the delusional weirdo that Rove is imho

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

No Mans Land posted:

It's about the same caliber of comment as if he said a guy's got no balls. Who cares except flailing partisans

No it doesn't

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

You dont think it be like it is, but it do.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

PDP-1 posted:

Reince departed from the courtyard to the bar room in his private chambers where he found his nightly flagon of brandy laid out by his servants beside a pile of raven scrolls. Reince drank deeply of the flagon's brown water. The brandy made his stomach cramp but cramps were easier to bear than sobriety. He began to lay the scrolls of polling data out upon his barstools to read, but as he read the news upon each stool was more of a loser and looked fouler than the last.

Reince drank deeply again from the flagon, then gathered the scrolls and threw them upon a brazier of hot coals and stared deeply into the flames hoping for a vision from the Red God to grant him guidance. Long ago as an acolyte of the Red God Reince had found comfort and certainty in these visions as the white hot ball of fire consistently shrieked out against the unjust reign of the Usurper Obama, but now as High Priest of the Red Order he often found the visions unsettling as the mind of the Red God appeared factious, confused, and often at war within itself.

He drank deeply again and stared into the flames as a first vision began to take form. First he saw King-Beyond-The-Wall Chillary, clad in a pantsuit of boiled leather and bone, astride her great war mammoth Inevitable, leading her wildling hordes of delegates inexorably to the south as a phalanx of giant super delegates kept time on wardrums purchased for her by the richest lords of the north.

The flame faded and shifted as Reince drank another belt of brandy. A second vision appeared - this time even further to the north where a withered old man stood clad only in a loincloth in a driving blizzard, his eyes glowing pale blue as his unkempt white hair fluttered in the frozen gale. Gibbering mindless hordes of followers skittered around him numbered in the millions. They too marched south, determined to either overrun Chillary's army or failing that to join forces with it against the Red God.

And now a third vision: The ruined plains of the Cleaved Lands where Lord Donald and his gold clad warriors were arrayed alongside Ser Crooze and his phalanx of zombie delegates to vie for who would be king. In the flame vision Lord Donald unhitched his golden pantaloons and began making GBS threads upon the altar of the long-established Red God. This blasphemy drove Reince to begin drinking once more. The more Donald shat, the more Reince drank, but the more Reince drank the more Donald shat. Ser Crooze gave the order to attack and as each of Lord Donald's delegates fell the corpses were raised again to fight for the army of the Slime Lord.

Reince, his mind frayed by alcohol and the terrors of these visions fell to the floor in despair. Once again the visions had not offered comfort or guidance but had served only portents of doom - the forces of The Other were marching while his armies fought amongst themselves. He, the High Priest of the Red God knew not what to do to gird his territories against the arrayed forces of the Blue Lands. Yet as he succumbed to the blackness of the brandy's warm embrace he heard a warning clearly spoken in his mind but not uttered by any mortal tongue - "November is coming."

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

No Mans Land posted:

You dont think it be like it is, but it do.

lol you coward you completely sidestepped it to keep arguing about partisans like this is revolutionary France or some poo poo

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Megyn Kelly convinces millions of people to vote and think against their own interests every night and suddenly so called leftists are clutching their pearls over someone calling her a bimbo?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Immortan posted:

Megyn Kelly convinces millions of people to vote and think against their own interests every night and suddenly so called leftists are clutching their pearls over someone calling her a bimbo?

cool glad the old farts who watch her for her legs and vote republican anyways for their own reasons are only doing so because she tells them the news in the way ailes likes it.
I'm not even defending her as a person just asking that a presidential candidate treat her as such

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

cool glad the old farts who watch her for her legs and vote republican anyways for their own reasons are only doing so because she tells them the news in the way ailes likes it.
I'm not even defending her as a person just asking that a presidential candidate treat her as such

You're forgetting the part where Megyn Kelly was only hired for her looks by Ailes. The 'bimbo' noun here seems to be correct, somewhat.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Immortan posted:

You're forgetting the part where Megyn Kelly was only hired for her looks by Ailes. The 'bimbo' noun here seems to be correct, somewhat.

gross

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

I didn't say bimbos are bad at everything. :quagmire:

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

lol you coward you completely sidestepped it to keep arguing about partisans like this is revolutionary France or some poo poo

ugh

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Immortan posted:

The problem with "she's bad because she's an icky woman" like Trump opened up with is that it masks the depth and true nature of her awfulness

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Epic High Five posted:

The problem with "she's bad because she's an icky woman" like Trump opened up with is that it masks the depth and true nature of her awfulness

describe it better than, ideally in digestible television soundbite form

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Immortan posted:

Remember when Megyn Kelly was talking about her husband's cock on Howard Stern

You and I are the only ones here who have listened to Stern in the last 10 years, friend.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Wait lemme see if i got this right, people dont like misogyny, even when its aimed at a woman they dont like??

Thats like reverse hypocrisy or something!

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Epic High Five posted:

The only problem with Trump telling the truth about her is that a significant number of so called 'leftists' have made her more socially acceptable in precincts other than Fox. FFS she's even talking about leaving Fox for another job in pop culture media now. Don't even get me started on that gold digging succubus at Brietbart.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
The Donald and Christie peer over the battlements of Trump Tower. Far in the distance, a beam of swirling green light and flame shoot up from Austin, Texas, up into the heavens. The earth rumbles. The sky is covered in grey and black clouds.

"The board is set, I will tell you," Trump says. "The pieces are moving, and they are moving hard, fast, they are coming. Boom."

A thousand leagues away, Lord Crooze, on his foul winged drake, alights on the ruins of Milwaukee. He speaks to his captain, Nikki. "Send forth all legions," as his orcs, gimps, skeksis, ghouls and uldras march forward. "Do not stop until the primary is taken. Kill them all."

His grotesque mount screeches in reply.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
sometimes i wish i hated women

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Zippy the Bummer posted:

The Donald and Christie peer over the battlements of Trump Tower. Far in the distance, a beam of swirling green light and flame shoot up from Austin, Texas, up into the heavens. The earth rumbles. The sky is covered in grey and black clouds.

"The board is set, I will tell you," Trump says. "The pieces are moving, and they are moving hard, fast, they are coming. Boom."

A thousand leagues away, Lord Crooze, on his foul winged drake, alights on the ruins of Milwaukee. He speaks to his captain, Nikki. "Send forth all legions," as his orcs, gimps, skeksis, ghouls and uldras march forward. "Do not stop until the primary is taken. Kill them all."

His grotesque mount screeches in reply.

Trump is Aragorn, bro.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

stoutfish posted:

sometimes i wish i hated women

It's okay to hate specific ones. Don't burden yourself.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Immortan posted:

It's okay to hate specific ones. Don't burden yourself.

but i don't feel the need to use gendered insults

it's quite the quandry

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

stoutfish posted:

it's quite the quandry

Megyn Kelly isn't a woman though.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Immortan posted:

don't forget all the pearl clutching we've seen from some leftists and never trumps over michelle fields

This has been a recurring theme during this election. Get pissed over some stupid outrageous poo poo Trump has said, while letting other candidates on the GOP get away with murder because they've toned their language down.

Trump isn't saying or doing anything that anyone at Fox News hasn't dog whistled before. Yet some conservatives are able to get democrats on their side during this whole ordeal while pushing jackasses like Ted Cruz to the front as a result of this poo poo.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

stoutfish posted:

it's quite the quandry

shitlord is a gendered insult and that triggers me everytime I see it.

After all women could not be lords and hearing it brought up so frequently really just harms my mental space.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

No Mans Land posted:

describe it better than, ideally in digestible television soundbite form

"Lyin' Kelly"

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Joementum posted:

“I also find that Trump has been misrepresented and quoted out of context so much, that its now acceptable for leftists to say things like ‘Donald Trump is a racist,’ and people just nod like sheep without actually looking into it,” Laszlo claimed. “Trump has not said a single racist thing.”

He's right.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

stoutfish posted:

it's quite the quandry

But is "bimbo" really a strictly gendered insult? Because I feel like it applies perfectly to Chris Matthews.

e: should probably clarify that I'm not being totally serious here on account of this thread being, well, this thread

Cnut the Great fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The male variant is Himbo

• Locked thread