Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Gridlocked posted:

He's a big scuba diver son.

Natilus is great, because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzHrjOMfHPY&t=215s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Radical posted:

aatrox owns but my god is he awful

Except for the aatrox savants that are gods with him

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Kokoro Wish posted:

Natilus is great, because

holy poo poo this video called the toplane meta

nautilus kills toplaner jax
naut becomes toplaner naut
naut gets killed by graves
graves becomes toplaner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HBBf_eDLM

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Riot pls rename video to 'top lane s6' Tia

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Servaetes posted:

holy poo poo this video called the toplane meta

nautilus kills toplaner jax
naut becomes toplaner naut
naut gets killed by graves
graves becomes toplaner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HBBf_eDLM

That can't be Graves, he has a cigar.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Verviticus posted:

aatrox is a darkin blade and the darkin blades like to fight for the sake of fighting. also he uses blood powers in a considerably less retarded way than vladimir, and stabs people until they die. his sword is bad rear end and it can dance if he wants it too

I guess you could say aatrox, is the deadliest warrior who ever lived...

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Someone give me a Bard jungle build ASAP!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

foutre posted:

Someone give me a Bard jungle build ASAP!

Echos -> Some Sheen item -> Swifties -> Voidstaff -> Tanky poo poo

Go thunderlords.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Libertine posted:

I definitely think this whole season has been characterized by bad item balance and that relatively speaking champions have been fine. Pro players literally just figure out what kit is the strongest to pair with the optimal items now and keep running that out for patches until that kit gets downed slightly. Item changes seem super rare relative to champion changes when really considering the sheer number of champions now it should be the other way around.

Does that mean you are ready for some radical mage itemization changes?

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 7, 2016

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I can see no possible way this could go wrong

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
This seems bad.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Recipe: Hextech Revolver + Kindlegem + 800 Gold = 2750 Total Gold
Health: 300
Ability Power: 80
Cooldown Reduction: 10%
Active - Fire Bolt: Dash 300 units in a direction (at 1200 speed) and then unleash a nova of fireballs that deal 100 - 250 (+25% of your Ability Power) magic damage to enemies hit. Enemies hit by more than one fireball take 15% damage from additional balls. (30 second cooldown, shared with other Hextech items).
This Dash cannot go over walls.

"One of the issues that we've struggled with in a lot of mid-range mages is that many of them essentially brute force their way to victory through raw numbers. They also don't have a ton of ways to opt into more flexible or flashy combat patterns with their core itemization."

"Hextech Rocket Belt is an extremely dangerous effect that acts as either a range increased for their spells - a burst of initiation power - or simply a quick reposition tool so that these mages can fight in a more clever manner."

:eyepop:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
we dota now

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
on the other hand more powerful active items with middling stats is a way more interesting than fat stat stick items that mages traditionally are stuck with

edit: rocket belt apparently cannot go over walls and 300 range is actually kind of short, it's probably going to be super good on all the immobile mages but I fear Ahri Ekko etc. are just gonna take it to be more of a slippery piece of poo poo than normal which makes the item moot for the supposed mid range mages

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

How Rude posted:

Active - Fire Bolt: Dash 300 units in a direction (at 1200 speed) and then unleash a nova of fireballs that deal 100 - 250 (+25% of your Ability Power) magic damage to enemies hit. Enemies hit by more than one fireball take 15% damage from additional balls. (30 second cooldown, shared with other Hextech items).

Lmfao I can't wait to have a dash on karthus and anivia.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Activated items ARE much more fun then non-activated.

This has been the season of tanks and AD assassins though, so maybe the changes to these items will bring AP Mages back into the game.

Edit: I just hope it doesn't ruin my Quinn :( Or rather I hope it means that more Bard options are legitimately opened up :getin:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Athene's Unholy Grail
Recipe Change: Chalice + Fiendish Codex + 300 Gold = 2100 Total Gold
Total Cost: 2700 --> 2100
Ability Power: 60 --> 40
Mana Regeneration: 100% --> 75%
Magic Resistance: 25 --> 25 (Unchanged)
Cooldown Reduction: 20% --> 20% (Unchanged)
Mana Passive: Mana Passives on Kill or Assist have been removed.
New Passive: Gain 15% of premitigation damage dealt to champions as Blood charges, up to 100 to 270 (based on level). Healing or shielding another ally consumes Blood Charges to heal that ally.

"Athene's Unholy Grail grants shield characters that can inflict damage the ability to heal their allies. Janna, Lulu, Orianna, Morgana, Karma and the like can now spec into an item that grants them additional permanent sustain that is supported by their offensive combat patterns."

"Heal based supports will still benefit from the additional healing but in practice - it's a bit of tension between stacking a bunch of flat AP or not. The CDR is a nice boost for them though."

It feels strange to see them rework Athene's into a support mage mana regen item. Doesn't that have too much overlap with FQC?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

Echos -> Some Sheen item -> Swifties -> Voidstaff -> Tanky poo poo

Go thunderlords.

Oof ty, about to try this.

First game, went Echoes --> Iceborne --> Swifties --> Locket, and strength of ages which was a terrible mistake.

Second, Echoes --> Locket --> CDR boots --> FH --> DMP with Tlords, much more successful. I think I also like red smite or trackers, tried blue the first game and it was kinda redundant.

Maybe lichbane or some poo poo next game for the movespeed.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

foutre posted:

Oof ty, about to try this.

First game, went Echoes --> Iceborne --> Swifties --> Locket, and strength of ages which was a terrible mistake.

Second, Echoes --> Locket --> CDR boots --> FH --> DMP with Tlords, much more successful. I think I also like red smite or trackers, tried blue the first game and it was kinda redundant.

Maybe lichbane or some poo poo next game for the movespeed.

Just so you know I am pulling this out of my rear end.

If it fails, troll'd. If it works, I'm a loving genius.

I'm gonna guess Iceborne or Lichbane are your best Sheen item choices. If you don't like stacking Spellblades, which is really understandable, you could always use AS and go full tank bard.

Edit: Trackers sounds right though; really you are playing a stupidly mobile support/minor burst damage in the jungle.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Apr 7, 2016

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

Just so you know I am pulling this out of my rear end.

If it fails, troll'd. If it works, I'm a loving genius.

TBH that's every Bard jungle build. I think void 3rd is mb too greedy, but we'll see. I might slot it in a bit later -- this account is in like low Gold elo, so games last a really long time and I'll prolly get to 4 or 5 item anyway.

I'm also considering the Devourer --> RFC Bard, but idk.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
That jump item is going to be very very broken on every ap champ. They need to figure out a way to make it all about the mobility it gives and less about damage. imo make it a mini flash with a shorter but still long cooldown that does 0 damage.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

How Rude posted:

"One of the issues that we've struggled with in a lot of mid-range mages is that many of them essentially brute force their way to victory through raw numbers. They also don't have a ton of ways to opt into more flexible or flashy combat patterns with their core itemization."

"Hextech Rocket Belt is an extremely dangerous effect that acts as either a range increased for their spells - a burst of initiation power - or simply a quick reposition tool so that these mages can fight in a more clever manner."

:eyepop:

good to see riot is finally giving my gimmick builds a bone by allowing extra ratios nami more additional ratios

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It's literally the most broken thing they have proposed; so many champions are balanced around requiring flash to engage, now Annie/Alistar/Ryze will have basically the same thing on a 30 second CD?

l m a o

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Firebert posted:

It's literally the most broken thing they have proposed; so many champions are balanced around requiring flash to engage, now Annie/Alistar/Ryze will have basically the same thing on a 30 second CD?

l m a o

yeah a smaller range, non-instant one that can't go over walls

basically the same thing

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2150125075/42344064?tab=overview

look at this terrible assassin Jarvan

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i'm looking forward to hextec revolver wits end combos

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'm having one of those days where I'm not doing anything explicitly wrong but I still can't win a match.

http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/128632363/43436090?tab=overview

http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/128641000/43436090?tab=overview

I was the Rammus/Voli

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
variance sucks when its not in your favour. nothing in those scoreboards sticks out like a sore thumb

that said, dont play rammus top you horrible piece of trash fuckhead. play graves. hes way more fun and cool

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Best jungle Bard build: red smite devourer, conclusively proven over three games.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Verviticus posted:

variance sucks when its not in your favour. nothing in those scoreboards sticks out like a sore thumb

that said, dont play rammus top you horrible piece of trash fuckhead. play graves. hes way more fun and cool

My first ACTUAL game as Rammus top; because I didn't feel like being Naut and adding a 3rd ADC in the form of Quinn seemed stupid.

foutre posted:

Best jungle Bard build: red smite devourer, conclusively proven over three games.

With Echo? :getin:

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Graves is a oval office, do not play graves top if you want to be cool.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
graves is extremely cool. maybe you are mistaking him with boring champs like rammus/nautilus/poppy

thank god i havent seen a single poppy since her nerfs. piss off idiot

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
graves is a broken champion who has stupid free tank stats and his normal build involves him becoming a sustain tank that also does your healthbar in a second.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Verviticus posted:

graves is extremely cool. maybe you are mistaking him with boring champs like rammus/nautilus/poppy

thank god i havent seen a single poppy since her nerfs. piss off idiot

Don't worry. If the PBE changes to Grasp go through you will be seeing less Rammus/Naut/Poppy because they can no longer last hit, then smack you in the face for the life steal+bonus damage; now they actively have to engage with you you to use it. Not sure how long in between moments of interaction they have till it wears off either. I imagine if they go 1 second with out hitting you it counts are dropping combat.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

graves is a broken champion who has stupid free tank stats and his normal build involves him becoming a sustain tank that also does your healthbar in a second.

if they took away the bounceback on his q he would probably be a balanced champion

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Verviticus posted:

if they took away the bounceback on his q he would probably be a balanced champion

Do you mean his R? Because Graves' Q losing its second hit would destroy him.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Transient People posted:

good

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Transient People posted:

sorry, specifically the wall-bounce. if it had no wall-interactions other than it stops at them. it would probably be too much, still, but it would go a very long way to making it tolerable to lane against him, because right now when he pushes to your tower he actually gains power instead of loses it, which is kind of insane

right now he can basically push harder than any other top laner except casters mashing all of their skills, and then punish someone for daring to come anywhere near the creep wave because it's encircled the tower or lined up against a wall

it gets to the point where if you dont gank a graves at 4 and he gets a kill on the top laner, well-positioned during a gank he can instantly kill both the jungler and top laner at level 6. i think ive actually gotten more double kills on graves in lane than i've been successfully killed by ganks in my last 20 games

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Apr 7, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
So that new catalyst...take damage to get mana, cast spells to gain health..soraka?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Shhhh... Say nothing

They might take away our freelo

• Locked thread