Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Augus posted:

The best-kept secret of Final Fantasy is that most of the main games are actually good and teenagers on YouTube are just whiny douchebags.

Except the remake of 3. Don't play the remake of 3.

Having just played the remake of III for the first time, I absolutely believe it's better than VIII in every way except music.

But I love all FF games I've played except VIII. So I agree with you overall but substitute FF3 Remake for FF8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Nihilarian posted:

that's like half of Final Fantasy 7 already

No but like, i want the whole game to be like that.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

FF7 is a good game

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

2 is also bad. I say this as a dyed-in-the-wool SaGa lover: Final Fantasy 2 is not a good game.

Well yeah but it's bad because it's a prototype, not because it's a SaGa game. FF2 is like Assassin's Creed 1 compared to RS3's Black Flag. It's a bunch of interesting ideas thrown together into a sparse tech demo, and then they turned it into something really cool half a decade later.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

bloodychill posted:

It's real simple yo, you got this fangirl obsessed with this German electrometal band Time Kompression and she wants to get them to play at the prom but they're pretty awful so you and the rest of the student council have to stop her and get Hot Dogz to play instead and at some point you find out you all grew up in the same orphanage but forgot.

GFs are a hell of a drug

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The gently caress kind of time traveler are you

Go back to the future

Lavos hosed it up I get it but look you can't crash here my parents are gonna be home soon

Man, normally you're alright but this is Gologle-level.

Nihilarian posted:

that's like half of Final Fantasy 7 already

Absolutely right. The best parts of FF VII and Xenogears are the psychological aspects, because they just didn't hold back.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

widespread posted:

The other half of the game has Cloud cross-dressing, going snowboarding and telling his companions to "let's mosey" and I wouldn't want to lose that either.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
They could recreate a lot of that poo poo simply by having Cloud become a massive stoner.

Have party chat be the gang getting around getting blazed. Don't think you'd even need to change much.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Mega64 posted:

They could recreate a lot of that poo poo simply by having Cloud become a massive stoner.

Have party chat be the gang getting around getting blazed. Don't think you'd even need to change much.

I'm on phone, does anyone have the Storify for @ff7blazed?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
So I watched the EU trailer for FFXV (seems way better than the US trailer) and between the scene with the boat and the flying car, I get the impression we're getting a proper world map? Have they said anything about that I might have missed? I figured up until recently they'd be doing the giant, interconnected zones Xenoblade style but now I'm wondering if they are aping the DQ8 style, giant 3d world map. I hope so, at any rate.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Levantine posted:

So I watched the EU trailer for FFXV (seems way better than the US trailer) and between the scene with the boat and the flying car, I get the impression we're getting a proper world map? Have they said anything about that I might have missed? I figured up until recently they'd be doing the giant, interconnected zones Xenoblade style but now I'm wondering if they are aping the DQ8 style, giant 3d world map. I hope so, at any rate.

They said in the past they are interested in doing a real world map, but who knows at this point honestly. At one point they even said the "world map" will be Just Cause style where you zoom out extremely far but go very fast but it's still the same world and they are looking at Just Cause tech for it since they're all one company.

I have no idea what is still true

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I thought talking to the JC team was just for what was called the airship but we now know is a flying car, because they had experience with plane physics?

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

Mega64 posted:

My canonical FFVII run is everyone is constantly on either meth or heroin depending on whether I need a limit break.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

AlphaKretin posted:

I'm on phone, does anyone have the Storify for @ff7blazed?

Not on phone anymore, https://storify.com/Silasary/ffvii-blazed

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

CLOUD: zeppelin owns

is my favorite.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Woozy posted:

My canonical FFVII run is

renaming everyone to have extremely generic names because it makes me laugh to think the big hero who saved the world was John Smith (I think that's actually one character too long if you have a space)

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

renaming everyone to have extremely generic names because it makes me laugh to think the big hero who saved the world was John Smith (I think that's actually one character too long if you have a space)

The name itself is powerful.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The optimal name is one where if you hear it, you can easily imagine that being the name of a plumber or sparky. "I'm Craig Jones, SOLDIER first class".

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Just name everyone EDGE MAVERICK.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't think JRPGs let you name characters anymore

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Detheros posted:

Just name everyone EDGE MAVERICK.

All heroes are EDGE MAVERICK, all villains are SOL BADGUY

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

All heroes are EDGE MAVERICK, all villains are SOL BADGUY

If every villain is called Sol Badguy that's kind of a misnomer, don't you think

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
canonically it makes sense because even though Sol Badguy is the protagonist of Guilty Gear and a hero who saved the world multiple times, in story he's a wanted man. However, since I never played Guilty Gear Overture things may have changed.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I usually name people Hank

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

I still love this. It's basically Final Fantasy X Pineapple Express.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

widespread posted:

again, I find myself asking, why?.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
please make paper final fantasy

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

I renamed Cloud to Zack because that was my best friends name and that's what I did with FF games. It led to an extremely confusing first playthrough.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Interesting images have hit the internet. Keep your salt shakers handy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FinalFantasy/comments/4drqmp/

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Final Fantasy XII Remaster is released...and it isn't the IZJS edition.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wouldn't expect them to differentiate the two versions. I imagine that it'd be a choice you can make in the game.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

voltcatfish posted:

Final Fantasy XII Remaster is released...and it isn't the IZJS edition.

Please no

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Interesting images have hit the internet. Keep your salt shakers handy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FinalFantasy/comments/4drqmp/

Some dude is gonna get hunted down and fired hardcore for this, at the very least. You don't do stuff like that, especially if you don't even work for the publisher

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
My body is ready for Final Fantasy Twelve HD my body is so so ready

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm glad the localisation team hired the guy that types in lowercase

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

April.... fools?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

bilperkins2 posted:

Some dude is gonna get hunted down and fired hardcore for this, at the very least. You don't do stuff like that, especially if you don't even work for the publisher

It's not exactly an unexpected reveal.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can't wait to play a boring game in HD

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Final Fantasy XII HD is released...and the audio is still tinny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Terper posted:

I can't wait to play a boring game in HD

I can't wait for FF XV either