Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Dammit, I didn't realize TEQ Super Buu had the dumb candy-orb thing. Managed to eke out a win, but I only have AGL Tien and INT Mr. Buu for type-advantage strike event link characters.

For maximum grinding efficiency, is it better to have a team of only AGL and INT characters, or am I better off with two Type-advantage nukers and a bunch of candy eaters?

Since Never-Ending Nightmare has so many different types of enemies, I'm more or less running a rainbow team for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I actually beat buu. :stare: First dokkan win ever, and no stones.

Lead ult gohan, Friend ult gohan, SSJ3 Goku, new Uub, teq piccolo, int buu, str saiyaman 2.
Senzus, senses, usher and fruit of might. Used 1 fruit, 1 usher and 2 senzus. Supers all day err day.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Anyone know when we get our WT prizes? Didn't get anything with the daily login stuff.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
In future attempts to beat Buu, I've had to use some stones to complete the battle.

And I did a few more multi-pulls tonight. I've now gotten 2 TEQ Perfect Cell's and 2 Broly's. Guess I'll have to do the Cell Dokkan at some point.

Is AGL Kid Buu worth it maxing out his super attack? Or is he good enough without it.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Anyone know when we get our WT prizes? Didn't get anything with the daily login stuff.

The announcement said they should start giving them out tomorrow.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

The Ninth Layer posted:

Usually a few days later.

Cozz posted:

And I did a few more multi-pulls tonight. I've now gotten 2 TEQ Perfect Cell's and 2 Broly's. Guess I'll have to do the Cell Dokkan at some point.

Is AGL Kid Buu worth it maxing out his super attack? Or is he good enough without it.

I'd say Kid Buu's never going to have great damage so if I had one I'd even sell to Baba any dupes.

Double SSGSS TEQ GOKU + SA4 TEQ (pre-dokkan) is already sufficient to OHKO the 40 STA Cell. I've updated my code in the spreadsheet to the account with the nuke lead Goku if anyone needs him.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 7, 2016

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

The Ninth Layer posted:

We've got maintenance tomorrow morning, so it should go out then.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I just can't do the Buu event. I don't have a SSJ3 Goku, Ultimate Gohan, Majin Vegeta, or Vegetto. I doubt any of the others can carry the fight without them

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

ChronoReverse posted:

Usually a few days later.

I'd say Kid Buu's never going to have great damage so if I had one I'd even sell to Baba any dupes.

Double SSGSS TEQ GOKU + SA4 TEQ (pre-dokkan) is already sufficient to OHKO the 40 STA Cell. I've updated my code in the spreadsheet to the account with the nuke lead Goku if anyone needs him.

I was just wondering if it was worth it to use any of my old Kai's on Kid Buu before/after dokkan awakening him. If there's no benefit, I'll save them for someone better. I was able to get all 13 medals I'll need tonight, so I guess it's time to start trying to get the TEQ Buu.

Squallege posted:

I just can't do the Buu event. I don't have a SSJ3 Goku, Ultimate Gohan, Majin Vegeta, or Vegetto. I doubt any of the others can carry the fight without them

If you have them, both Gotenks were pretty good for me. Of course the World Tournament running at the same time really didn't help with those.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Game is up with Tournament rewards! Who should I use my Old Kai's on? Ultimate Gohan, Broly, SSG Goku...? I have that new PHY Kid Buu already Dokkaned if he's a viable candidate.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Game is up with Tournament rewards! Who should I use my Old Kai's on? Ultimate Gohan, Broly, SSG Goku...? I have that new PHY Kid Buu already Dokkaned if he's a viable candidate.

Broly is mostly wasted. Between Ultimate Gohan and SSG Goku I'd probably go for Gohan. SSG is stronger right now, but you can't dokkan him (so far). PHY Buu isn't all that good and has no +%ATK modifier to further boost his SA

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light

Squallege posted:

I think that those cards would make it a lot easier, but it's still not hard to complete if you run a team that mostly has the Supreme Power link. I can't log in now to screenshot my team, but the only natural UR I had was a SSGSS Vegeta who was not really doing much damage. The real MVP of the team is the STR Great Saiyaman 1 (when paired with 2). He hits the PHY Buu for around 200k on a super. If you have anyone else with the recovery passive, they can save you a lot of healing items.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
What are you talking about? Buu hits for 30k/14k per and attacks 2-3 times per turn. I have not seen my Saiyaman do that much damage to Buu.

I don't see how you can do this without SSJ3 Goku AND Gohan for ki support, or both STR Saiyamen and Goku, or the Gotenks

I guess being rich enough for event SSRs wasn't enough, you now have to be loaded enough to run both a world tournament and essentially two strike events simultaneously.

And at least loving Broly was generous with the power ups what the hell is this bullshit truncated stage

I think I'm done with this game. They haven't released any actual content for ages (and apparently won't) it's all "here's a bullshit boss, and some cards that are good specifically against this specific bullshit"

visceril fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Apr 7, 2016

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
http://m.imgur.com/OjKHVx4

Thanks to picking up Whis with my free SSR, I present Team "I poo poo out Super Attacks because I have shocking speed"

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I did nothing this tournament.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Tell me about this weight of hope Goku. Is the idea to switch the board to as much PHY as possible and nuke?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

zelah posted:

Tell me about this weight of hope Goku. Is the idea to switch the board to as much PHY as possible and nuke?

WoH Goku alone is switch the board to a single color and hurt something badly.

WoH Goku with SSGSS Vegeta leaders is switch the board to PHY and murder everything except str broly.

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light

visceril posted:

What are you talking about? Buu hits for 30k/14k per and attacks 2-3 times per turn. I have not seen my Saiyaman do that much damage to Buu.

I don't see how you can do this without SSJ3 Goku AND Gohan for ki support, or both STR Saiyamen and Goku, or the Gotenks

I guess being rich enough for event SSRs wasn't enough, you now have to be loaded enough to run both a world tournament and essentially two strike events simultaneously.

And at least loving Broly was generous with the power ups what the hell is this bullshit truncated stage

I think I'm done with this game. They haven't released any actual content for ages (and apparently won't) it's all "here's a bullshit boss, and some cards that are good specifically against this specific bullshit"

This is the team I'm running. I bring King Yemma, Ghost Usher, Senzu and Dende. I usually only have to use one Usher if Buu does a multi hit, or if I have one of the characters that can eat the candy I just use the Yemma and recover the lost HP.

With Great Saiyaman, his passive is Atk +30% when his KI is +5, and his supreme power link gives roughly double damage to your attack. The Hero of Justice link adds on another atk +25% and signature pose and patol are +2ki each, so you will activate the passive 100% of the time and if you super it should do a lot of damage to any of the Buu forms.

edit: I didn't mention that both failed fusions are SA 1 only. Also you may not have Ubb, but I had been running a stun character or Ki+ support character there. Ubb just was less RNG/placement reliant.

Severedseven fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 7, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Guranteed SSR turned out to be AGL Kid Buu :toot:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I just got Int Perfect Cell as my guaranteed SSR. I guess I should really give the cell games the old college try then. I was considering dumping my Old Kai ( SA UP ) on him since he would be my only 120 UR, stupid idea?

From my 2x DB Saga tickets? Oolong and Bandages. Meh. I would go for yet another General Blue at this point instead, at least he has some use.

Here is my box for anyone who feels super generous and could recommend a team:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ended up at 5322 and got a STR SSJ Bardock with my silver tickets. What a beating. Maybe he'll get a Dokkan at some point and get super huge?

I don't think INT Cell is a particularly good use of Old Kais. INT Gohan is probably a better use, since his passive gives him a higher ceiling. I'd hold on to some in case you get one of the dudes with big passives.

As for a team for Cell, just do your normal INT team with General Blue subbed in. Keep an eye out for Turles friends and it should be fine. Do you have R INT Bulma for a second stunner? If so, you're more than fine.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Apr 7, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I got another Ult. Gohan with my freebie.. with the Old Kais, that's quite a Super boost.

I still can't put a loving dent in Broly. Help? :(

https://dbz.space/box/GWindborn

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

Ended up at 5322 and got a STR SSJ Bardock with my silver tickets. What a beating. Maybe he'll get a Dokkan at some point and get super huge?

I don't think INT Cell is a particularly good use of Old Kais. INT Gohan is probably a better use, since his passive gives him a higher ceiling. I'd hold on to some in case you get one of the dudes with big passives.

As for a team for Cell, just do your normal INT team with General Blue subbed in. Keep an eye out for Turles friends and it should be fine. Do you have R INT Bulma for a second stunner? If so, you're more than fine.

That was my ENTIRE box. So if you don't see the R INT Bulma, i do not have it :(

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Drowning Rabbit posted:

That was my ENTIRE box. So if you don't see the R INT Bulma, i do not have it :(

Man, that is some aggression in getting rid of R's. I still think you're fine for Cell with just General Blue and your INT hitters.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I got a Majin Vegeta and Uub with my SSR tickets :toot:! Majin Vegeta looks useful with my kaioken Goku and my SSG Goku. Is Uub worth using at all?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
2 Oolongs and a TEQ GT Trunks for the WT effort ugh.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I am having a lot of trouble with the Cell Dokkan Event, can I get some help building a team? Maybe I'm just an awful player.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Tribladeofchaos posted:

I got a Majin Vegeta and Uub with my SSR tickets :toot:! Majin Vegeta looks useful with my kaioken Goku and my SSG Goku. Is Uub worth using at all?

Majin Vegeta is pretty good, especially with other Over in a Flash cards. By himself he's lacking a bit. He's got Saiyan Pride, which is a better link than it was, but still isn't great.

As for Majuub? He's got a use on a Majin team, but his leader skill is pretty unreliable. 80% HP is a hard number to stay over for anything where you'd want a super-heavy rainbow team.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 7, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I got another Ult. Gohan with my freebie.. with the Old Kais, that's quite a Super boost.

I still can't put a loving dent in Broly. Help? :(

https://dbz.space/box/GWindborn

Wait, you have AGL Golden Freeza and SSG Goku?

Just get another AGL Golden Freeza friend, switch you're whole board to blue Ki with Oolongs/Puas and oneshot Broly. Repeat 10 times for 10 medals

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Wuxi posted:

Wait, you have AGL Golden Freeza and SSG Goku?

Just get another AGL Golden Freeza friend, switch you're whole board to blue Ki with Oolongs/Puas and oneshot Broly. Repeat 10 times for 10 medals

:doh:

Thanks.. I didn't have Frieza last time, I was working with outdated technology.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

:doh:

Thanks.. I didn't have Frieza last time, I was working with outdated technology.

State of the art nukes really do break the game. The only thing with similar levels of game-breaking for the next long while is Gogeta and that is at least 4 months away.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Even like this, it's easier said than done.. Goku takes off a little less than a bar and a half with just my Frieza lead. Then Broly can one- or two- shot me before I can set up again. I've failed 3 times so far.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Even like this, it's easier said than done.. Goku takes off a little less than a bar and a half with just my Frieza lead. Then Broly can one- or two- shot me before I can set up again. I've failed 3 times so far.
You definitely want to wait for a nuke leader friend. If you have them, I'd also fill your team with rainbow>>colour orb changers to maximize your damage too.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You really need to run double GF to reliably blow up Broly. 1.5 million is a lot for the current state of AGL nuke. That might change when we get AGL Gotenks, but I don't know. I'm using a single GF, an SA5 SSG Goku and an SA2 SSJ Adult Gohan and it's a little dicey. I basically have to have SSG Goku and SSJ Kid Trunks paired to do it.

At least Golden Frieza can face-tank Broly pretty good.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Did my SSR pull: Super Saiyan GT Trunks
Two DB Pulls: Another loving Tien and Dracula Man.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

the_steve posted:

Did my SSR pull: Super Saiyan GT Trunks
Two DB Pulls: Another loving Tien and Dracula Man.

A fellow GT Trunks commiserater. He looks so weak I think my Android 13 stomps him into the ground in terms of utility.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
My GSSR netted me INT Perfect Cell. I guess this means I should grind his Dokkan Event now.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
GT Trunks has utility if you have Broly, but yeah, he isn't that impressive.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Got TEQ Majin Vegeta from my ticket pull. Dunno how good he is but at the very worst he'll end up on my TEQ SSB Goku team.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Got 480 in the tournament, which I'm happy with. My guaranteed SSR was TEQ Whis. Decided to do a few more multi-pulls, and got a Vegito (and another Bardock), but no Ultimate Gohan, who would be an easy choice for all the old kais I'm now swimming in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My two gold DB ticket pulls got me SR Bulma and SR Yamcha.