Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Invictus posted:

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I recently purchased a Karambit | Fade knife alongside a bunch of other stuff, and every prospective buyer asks me the "ratio". I did a bit of googling but didn't find a really great guide, a fellow linked me to http://metjm.net/csgo/ to take a screenshot of it without having to install the game(I don't play csgo), and based on the screenshot it took it seems to be a "40/60" Karambit Fade. I believe it's worth about ~200-230 csgo keys, is that correct?

I'm still fairly new to csgo trading, mostly done tf2/dota until recently, so the things like ratio and float value are still new things to me.

According to a few year old reddit posts the price seems about right (215 keys), but then again that was also a year ago. Maybe check youtube videos to compare your screenshot with along with whatever information you can squeeze out of reddit, though I'm rather sure it's quite likely you've checked as much as you can from them by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
i guess you could always ask the globaloffensivetrade subreddit
iirc ratio refers to the amount of color (a karambit fade with 60% pink and 40% purple has a 60/40 ratio) and float is the value of weapon finish wear so you naturally want lower floats, and can usually convince to sell for higher with lower floats
other skins have different particularities, such as the crimson web knives being worth more if they have more web starting points, and dopplers can have different colors with some worth more
its a crazy and honestly pretty loving gay world out there, in the csgo skin trade

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
http://fragbite.se/cs/news/38825/legends-reunite-in-nostalgia-tournament

"Sverige SK2003
HeatoN, Potti, fisker, elemeNt, SpawN"

yessss

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

http://fragbite.se/cs/news/38825/legends-reunite-in-nostalgia-tournament

"Sverige SK2003
HeatoN, Potti, fisker, elemeNt, SpawN"

yessss

BANG. Nostalgia bomb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ArDLG_X5A

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Heaton on go? Huh

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA25DI4xes0&t=47s

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Why is my team never the one that gets the 19-1 on round 7 smurf

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Solo queuing is rough.

Honestly the thing that has surprised me the most is just how big the gap is between ranks.

I'm admittedly poo poo at GN1, but I absolutelty dominated at Silver 4 to SEM and now get a good mix of making GBS threads on and getting poo poo on when I solo que.

Though the amount of people who are complete asshats does seem to be going down, though that could just be random luck as well.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Im more impressed that pre shift silver 1 was almost if not more rare than global

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

what are Valve supposed to do about it?

uhhh....what? literally just move a decimal point in the jumping accuracy values so that it's harder to awp someone while jumping maybe? I understand the "accept the game for what it is" arguments to a point but come on not everything is "crying"

People bitching about the game's netcode need to just accept it, but things like this are actually simple changes that affect the competitive balance of the game

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

real dilemma posted:

uhhh....what? literally just move a decimal point in the jumping accuracy values so that it's harder to awp someone while jumping maybe? I understand the "accept the game for what it is" arguments to a point but come on not everything is "crying"

People bitching about the game's netcode need to just accept it, but things like this are actually simple changes that affect the competitive balance of the game

That was my point though. So you move the decimal point, weapons get more innacurate while jumping, people still jump and shoot wildly because you can get lucky, so these lucky shots still happen. All that changes is how far away the crosshair was from the target when they got lucky. You can either have it luck based (what we have now) to a greater or lesser extent or entirely skill based (no variance). People will complain about both.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 7, 2016

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

ArfJason posted:

Im more impressed that pre shift silver 1 was almost if not more rare than global

"if not more rare" Silver1 preshift was literally the bottom 0.015% of the playerbase.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Like out of the 10,000,000 people that play this game, 1500 of them were silver 1

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

NtotheTC posted:

That was my point though. So you move the decimal point, weapons get more innacurate while jumping, people still jump and shoot wildly because you can get lucky, so these lucky shots still happen. All that changes is how far away the crosshair was from the target when they got lucky. You can either have it luck based (what we have now) to a greater or lesser extent or entirely skill based (no variance). People will complain about both.

i agree with what you're saying but what i imagine he wants to say is that jump shots shouldn't be as viable a strategy. They can work due to the random factor yes, but they should win a fight with a standing opponent 1 out of say 100000 instead of 1 out of 100. You can get lucky standing completely still due to the enemy's innaccuracy, you can get lucky spraying, noscoping, jumping, etc, and everyone accepts that, but what should be changed is how viable they are as options, which is in valve's control, and which is i believe at the core of the game: choosing the most viable, rock solid and likely to succeed strategy. Play with the mechanics that are sure to increment your odds, even if the enemy has a one in a million chance to own you.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

qhat posted:

Like out of the 10,000,000 people that play this game, 1500 of them were silver 1

i remember that people TRIED to get silver one and couldn't which is pretty great.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

So DreamHack Montreal is a thing, I wonder if I should go to that one too

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

Would anyone like to do some Wildfire campaign missions with me? Queuing alone is sad and depressing and I can't seem to set people on fire.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/drkrankenwagen/

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

DrKrankenwagen posted:

Would anyone like to do some Wildfire campaign missions with me? Queuing alone is sad and depressing and I can't seem to set people on fire.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/drkrankenwagen/

Hide around corners and throw it at your enemy's feet when they come around it. You're guaranteed to get 10+ damage each time if you're accurate.

Also tell the other team you need fire damage, you might come across a friendly person who is willing to stand in your molotov for a few seconds.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

I don't understand the "take this out of the game Valve" stuff. Well I do, it's the crying of someone trying to blame 1 double kill on choking away 19 other perfectly good chances to win a major, but what are Valve supposed to do about it? Make it less random? more random? Either one doesn't solve the problem of jumping/lucky hits.

A dude who made a video about how it's stupid and should be taken out of the game a year earlier gets to complain when it shafts him. Imo.

It's about as accurate as an on-ground standing noscope at the top of the jump. That's loving dumb

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 7, 2016

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ArfJason posted:

i agree with what you're saying but what i imagine he wants to say is that jump shots shouldn't be as viable a strategy. They can work due to the random factor yes, but they should win a fight with a standing opponent 1 out of say 100000 instead of 1 out of 100. You can get lucky standing completely still due to the enemy's innaccuracy, you can get lucky spraying, noscoping, jumping, etc, and everyone accepts that, but what should be changed is how viable they are as options, which is in valve's control, and which is i believe at the core of the game: choosing the most viable, rock solid and likely to succeed strategy. Play with the mechanics that are sure to increment your odds, even if the enemy has a one in a million chance to own you.

basically this

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

dex_sda posted:

A dude who made a video about how it's stupid and should be taken out of the game a year earlier gets to complain when it shafts him. Imo.

OK so I can understand people not wanting this particular mechanic in the game because it "feels" unfair/too lucky. I really don't think they got "shafted" by it though. If he'd made a "how to not go on tilt for 50+ rounds because of a 1% chance shot on 1 map of the tournament" he'd be 50K or so richer right now...

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Why you should never open cases.

Even if you discount the price of the cases themselves he spent at least 2,500 USD to get a Bayonet Doppler.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

OK so I can understand people not wanting this particular mechanic in the game because it "feels" unfair/too lucky. I really don't think they got "shafted" by it though. If he'd made a "how to not go on tilt for 50+ rounds because of a 1% chance shot on 1 map of the tournament" he'd be 50K or so richer right now...

...he clearly admitted that it wasn't the decisive factor on his stream, though? The play cold made there should never be viable and right now it's kind of a no brainer, so he's right. He's not claiming it lost him a tourney, just that it's loving dumb.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

fennesz posted:

Even if you discount the price of the cases themselves he spent at least 2,500 USD to get a Bayonet Doppler.

wtf why are those streams a thing

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

rifles other than the scout can't be fired at all while jumping, problem solved

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Beat another team so hard in a league match that one ragequit the server before the end of the game and another ragequit the team entirely after it was over

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Are you sure your name isn't Antaeus?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I might be remembering incorrectly, but why did Valve change it from 1.6 when if you jumped and fired with an awp you were as likely to hit someone in another server as you were the person you were aiming at?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

NtotheTC posted:

I don't understand the "take this out of the game Valve" stuff. Well I do, it's the crying of someone trying to blame 1 double kill on choking away 19 other perfectly good chances to win a major, but what are Valve supposed to do about it? Make it less random? more random? Either one doesn't solve the problem of jumping/lucky hits.

NtotheTC posted:

Jumping accuracy is fully loving stupid in CS:GO and basically has been since day one. A jumping AWP shot should be a loving Christmas miracle, even when they are close range. Try pulling that in 1.6 and Source and you just died for nothing. Your point about if it is more inaccurate, people will still do it anyway is just complete nonsense. If it almost never works compared to works pretty often, then people won't attempt it nearly as much (like in 1.6/Source when people rarely tried jump frags). Like, jumping for information beside A site on D2 is now the absolute norm, previously it rarely happened.

I probably die to some bullshit jump kill at least once a game. The only reason people should be jumping around corners is to not die to an AWP.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

dex_sda posted:

...he clearly admitted that it wasn't the decisive factor on his stream, though? The play cold made there should never be viable and right now it's kind of a no brainer, so he's right. He's not claiming it lost him a tourney, just that it's loving dumb.

This is getting a little more involved a discussion than I was intending, it's not a major deal to me and I like adreN as a player and a person. It just struck me as a bit salty of him to be complaining about such a small issue when there are way more pressing things to think about.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I think valve should get rid of all the hacks in the game

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

On the plus side, I finally learned my lesson and bet everything against VP in their game vs SK just now. Yey 500% returns.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

NtotheTC posted:

On the plus side, I finally learned my lesson and bet everything against VP in their game vs SK just now. Yey 500% returns.

You oval office.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

Well mind you Trill makes quite a bit of revenue off Youtube and his streams, so it's not like he spent 2.5K of his IT job salary on uncasing.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

This is getting a little more involved a discussion than I was intending, it's not a major deal to me and I like adreN as a player and a person. It just struck me as a bit salty of him to be complaining about such a small issue when there are way more pressing things to think about.

It's a pretty big issue tbh. As much as I like the scout, jump scouting shouldn't be in the game.

But yeah pretty unimportant in the grand scheme of things, I just think he's entitled to be a bit salty cause he's been vocal about jump accuracy being nerfed and it's undeniable his team got screwed out of a really promising round at an important point in the game. It's not the only or even main thing that led to them choking but it played a part

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The whining about awp shots reminds me about the whining about tf2 crits, but somehow considerably stupider.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

The whining about awp shots reminds me about the whining about tf2 crits, but somehow considerably stupider.

TF2 crits haven't been a part of any competitive matches for years.

Crits in TF2 serve a purpose to lessen the skill gap between new and more experienced players and have a function in casual play.

Jumping awp shots are dumb and should be toned down considerably.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

OxySnake posted:

TF2 crits haven't been a part of any competitive matches for years.

Crits in TF2 serve a purpose to lessen the skill gap between new and more experienced players and have a function in casual play.

Jumping awp shots are dumb and should be toned down considerably.

If you base your strategy around luck you will get wrecked almost every time.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

If you base your strategy around luck you will get wrecked almost every time.

No one is saying that you wont.

As ithe was said before the chances of it happening are too high and should be lowered.

As it was said ealier.

ArfJason posted:

i agree with what you're saying but what i imagine he wants to say is that jump shots shouldn't be as viable a strategy. They can work due to the random factor yes, but they should win a fight with a standing opponent 1 out of say 100000 instead of 1 out of 100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

dex_sda posted:

wtf why are those streams a thing

Trilluxe is actually a pretty good player and his (German) stream is almost exclusively playing MM at GE with his mates. I watch it every now and then, it's pretty entertaining. His main thing seems to be YT videos though, most of which highlight some aspect of the game mechanics. The betting/case opening is just something he does on the side, it's not one of those 24/7 case opening/give away streams.