Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah it sort of does. C-J was the opening story for the book. I highly recommend it, and since he ended at the fall of BoB it'd be cool to see him do a "Volume 2" kinda deal and do the stuff from 2011 to whenever.

:swoon: Where did you pull those up from and could you link the archive? I'm working on a thing and would love to get access to those older maps since I can only find the ones that date back to July 2005 that are on EVE-Files.

http://www.eve-files.com/media/corp/CRII/

Here are some 2003s
http://www.eve-files.com/media/corp/munch/

Here's some 2004s
http://www.ansalon.cz/eve/map/b1.jpg

Changes the number in the url after b up to 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

lol a map from 2008 is hardly old school

These are oldschool

First appearance of BoB

Beginning of the Great War

Goons get space!

BoB's high water mark

The first five or so are unironically better than the current messy eyesore map.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Also should I start evaccing my poo poo from the JU- homeland~ in the face of the incoherent horde of pubbieness legions of elitepeeveepee~~~

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oodles posted:

Special thanks to MOA? :getout:

I didn't see that bit but honestly don't care how they got the footage. It was good regardless of that.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Here are some 2003s
http://www.eve-files.com/media/corp/munch/

Here's some 2004s
http://www.ansalon.cz/eve/map/b1.jpg

Changes the number in the url after b up to 7

Thanks dude, this is awesome.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

Could someone explain the acronyms to me? Goonwaffe, FA, all this weird stuff that is going on? Why people hate each other and begin page long slapfights?

Just help me understand with facts and not emotion and I will be very happy.

goonfleet/waffe/swarm, that's us!
FA, were friends but the alliance died and mostly got folded in
Karma, reddit guys but dont hold that against them too much they're our friends
FCON/SMA/TNT/INIT/Bastion/Razor all friends even if we call them poo poo

PL, pandemic legion they're the bad guys!
PH, pandemic horde they're also bad guys
TEST, reddit alliance but not like our good reddit guys
BOS/OSS(not OOS), were friends but we kicked them from goonswarm awhile back so they're now bad guys
most other acronyms, also bad guys
EVE, it's bad

the page long slap fights with people that begin with d names are mostly because they joined SA to be weird propaganda mouthpieces and post only in this thread and "good guys" that can't help but take the bait, there's a bunch of people on the "bad guy" side that can carry a conversation without just going LOL WE'RE WINNING over and over like xolve, unfunny poster, hell youtuber most of the time

nobody really hates each other it's just eve is a hosed up game thats entire purpose for being is making you emotionally invested in it so emotions run higher, CCP even had a campaign awhile ago pushing an angle of "EVE is Real" really hard to emphasize it

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

I wish they would make a mechanic for coalitions(group of alliances). It would make it a lot easier for normal players to read maps and the political situation.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ApocalypseMeow posted:

Staging out of lowsec and moving to lowsec are two very different things, it's not like the bulk of our coalition doesn't still live in null. The rest are good points though, especially the Super abortions.

Some of us haven't lived in deklein for years. Those of us that are like that are having a grand old time because long deployments to the boonies and surrounded by angry hostiles feels like home to us.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

mods please ban all eve goons preemptively and word filter eve online to suck my cock or something

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Shadowlz posted:

I wish they would make a mechanic for coalitions(group of alliances). It would make it a lot easier for normal players to read maps and the political situation.

Some sort of map based on a standings filter would be neat but im pretty sure by degree of separation just about every group is linked somehow.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

Some of us haven't lived in deklein for years. Those of us that are like that are having a grand old time because long deployments to the boonies and surrounded by angry hostiles feels like home to us.

The squad deployments to fountain/delve circa 2013ish were the best.

edit: didnt mean to double post

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Pretty much. The pre-Fountain War deployment Top Goon went on to Delve in 2013 (my first TG deployment), is pretty comparable to what Waffles/PL deployments are like.

The whole BRAVE one was great because HERO had a lot of dudes just blindly roaming around and it was awesome. Plus Catch has great exploration sites to make money off of :toot:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 7, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

blowfish posted:

mods please ban all eve goons preemptively and word filter eve online to suck my cock or something

make it filter to the thing creepyelsa made

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zasze posted:

Some sort of map based on a standings filter would be neat but im pretty sure by degree of separation just about every group is linked somehow.

This is the most recent Verite Rendition Coalition Map

The guys in Cloud Ring (TISHU/Culture) and Co2's space is shown as "Neutral State", as is the Querious Thunderdome groups which is weird but other than that it's pretty good.

I also don't know why DRF and Provibloc have those weird names shown but I assume its a code issue with how Verite got the maps to be generated daily.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

blowfish posted:

The first five or so are unironically better than the current messy eyesore map.

The problem is that these were all hand crafted and thus you got one every couple weeks/month or so. And it's not objectively accurate to the sov like the automated ones.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

blowfish posted:

Also should I start evaccing my poo poo from the JU- homeland~ in the face of the incoherent horde of pubbieness legions of elitepeeveepee~~~
Given that tri and those russian bronies are currently murdering caps and supers in deklein with no apparent consequences, probably yes.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Potato Salad posted:

:frogsiren: New Rooks and Kings video :frogsiren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-PbDCyh6tI

EvE is such a loving beautiful game

The above video has a neutral tone, so don't worry about getting Redditbrain watching it.

I liked the video. They always do a great job putting things like this together. The Clarion Calls are definitely some of my favorite EVE videos. And LM has the perfect voice for narrating. He could read the ingredients off a pickle jar and it would be mildly interesting to listen to.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Pretty much. The pre-Fountain War deployment Top Goon went on to Delve in 2013 (my first TG deployment), is pretty comparable to what Waffles/PL deployments are like.

The whole BRAVE one was great because HERO had a lot of dudes just blindly roaming around and it was awesome. Plus Catch has great exploration sites to make money off of :toot:

Blackops lives friend and we've been killing horde by the bucket load.

And also Vince Draken blundered into our camp and died in his pimped out FC legion.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The problem is that these were all hand crafted and thus you got one every couple weeks/month or so. And it's not objectively accurate to the sov like the automated ones.

I agree but because I find it interesting: there's a good argument that no map is subjective. Projections, scales, the algorithms used and so on all tend to have effects on perception. Norman Davies plays with maps a lot in his histories to make one look at them differently.

almighty posted:

UO was quite avantgarde. You could cut down the body of someone you just bested in PvP and cook the parts.

You could kill someone's pet in front of them, butcher it, cook it and eat in front of them. The influence of UO on the early Eve developers is not hard to find.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Blackops lives friend and we've been killing horde by the bucket load.

And also Vince Draken also blundered into our camp and died.

Please don't hurt my babies (much).

Edit - I also finally beat someone to renaming a station.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/outpost/0-ARFO

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Endie posted:

You could kill someone's pet in front of them, butcher it, cook it and eat in front of them. The influence of UO on the early Eve developers is not hard to find.

LOL at tamers that thought the nightmare mount basically being a horse dragon would save them.

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

Unfunny Poster posted:

This is the most recent Verite Rendition Coalition Map

Which parts of the map are the imperium actually defending vs. giving up?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

oh god we -are- the pubbies now

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ChickenWing posted:

oh god we -are- the pubbies now

we pointed that poo poo out ages ago brah

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

blowfish posted:

Yes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
morning

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

we pointed that poo poo out ages ago brah

aw i missed it

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

aw i missed it

not really, at any given moment there is someone in goonfleet listening to coms thinking "the pubbies won...."

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i meant the fact there was someone called imperium you jerks :mad:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gounads posted:

Which parts of the map are the imperium actually defending vs. giving up?

Vale of the Silent (pink), Tribute (green), Fade (Blue) are the regions that have been more or less given up on so far. At least in terms of keeping any assets there. There is of course the stuff up north (the white blob area near "Tenal") being fought over but as far as I know that's still somewhat being defended more than the other areas I drew over. The stuff in the middle has been reinforced to some degree or the other as well with fighting going on all over. Querns etc. can clarify anything I missed or mixed up though.

I tried drawing it for you.

I'm so sorry you had to see that.

Edit - You can also use http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map and look at it without all the dots all over the place to get a more simplified picture.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Apr 7, 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I think we should go to the urologist

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
By the way, what is there in Outer Ring that'd make someone want to live there? I thought it was NPC space and not sov space?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Unfunny Poster posted:

By the way, what is there in Outer Ring that'd make someone want to live there? I thought it was NPC space and not sov space?

serpentis 10/10 static complex

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

the page long slap fights with people that begin with d names are mostly because they joined SA to be weird propaganda mouthpieces and post only in this thread

tell us more about these people deadtear
:ironicat:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
VideoGames, when I said people slapfight over the dumbest things the post above is what I was referring to.

Glory of Arioch posted:

serpentis 10/10 static complex

Is that good? I don't PVE at all.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Unfunny Poster posted:

VideoGames, when I said people slapfight over the dumbest things the post above is what I was referring to.

Is that good? I don't PVE at all.

Null DEDs can drop same dank loot, but I stuck with lowsec DEDs since you can get hosed on drops in null sometimes; also safer in LS.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
person with post history that is LITERALLY only the eve thread giving me the ol' ironicat good times

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

That Winet dweeb who quit his SMA spacejob has supposedly been trying to poach corps for a splinter group.
https://soundcloud.com/charles-johnson-985109012/winetleak

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

kiresays posted:

I mean you lost control of ~5 regions in 10 days, moved to lowsec, are seeing really awful fleet participation and have had almost a dozen titans aborted in CSAAs - they can't smug just a bit?

20% of B-R5 back! Keep working hard little octopus and someday you'll be a real boy!

:downs: :respek: :downs:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

almighty posted:

Yes, how long has it been since we have last heard of SMcD?

The original SMcD won Eve like a year ago. :smith: And tbh, the gimmick had been run into the ground anyways. Let people get some non-duck avatars for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

person with post history that is LITERALLY only the eve thread giving me the ol' ironicat good times

Bad use of the word literally. I expect better from you next time

• Locked thread