Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
gently caress I can't stop saying gently caress

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Laurel's dying wish was that Oliver maintain her Olicity tumblr.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I thought that this episode was doing ok, considering the previous ones. Dumb plot and twists, but no more than what I consider the standard level for the show anyway. At least the fight scenes looked cool this time.

And I think the Laurel-death is definitely a fakeout, going by what they have showed us. But, yeah, the writers have screwed themselves... they play this not-really-dead card yet again and have Oliver lie to the rest of the team (and to her heart-attack-prone father) again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oliver, I hope you and Felicity can get over this rift your lies have caused.

Now I need you to promise me something. I need you to lie to everyone about me dying.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Maybe Sara and Laurel can do alternating seasons on Arrow/LoT.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

AbstractNapper posted:

I thought that this episode was doing ok, considering the previous ones. Dumb plot and twists, but no more than what I consider the standard level for the show anyway. At least the fight scenes looked cool this time.

And I think the Laurel-death is definitely a fakeout, going by what they have showed us. But, yeah, the writers have screwed themselves... they play this not-really-dead card yet again and have Oliver lie to the rest of the team (and to her heart-attack-prone father) again.
Yeah I love how Quintin has magically recovered from his heart condition. Maybe one of Flash's time travel trips fixed that for him.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

AbstractNapper posted:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/06/arrow-laurel-death-spoilers

quote:

. SHE’S DEFINITELY DEAD THOUGH, RIGHT? BECAUSE LAUREL MAKES OLIVER PROMISE HER SOMETHING AND THEN SHE SUDDENLY CODES.

“It’s funny, that’s the joke I’ve been making quite frankly: Oliver Queen killed her,” Guggenheim says. “Certainly what did Laurel say to Oliver [is a mystery], but we didn’t intend for it to be like she asked Oliver to euthanize her.”

OKAY, SO HE DIDN’T HELP LAUREL FAKE HER OWN DEATH?

“No,” Guggenheim says. “We’ve done a fake death before. That’s the thing, we’re always trying to figure out, ‘What’s a way to do this?’ That fake-out where she was okay and then she wasn’t was our attempt: How do we do a death that we haven’t done before? [It’s a] creative challenge, the deeper you get into your story. It’s the nature of having a long-running show that deals as a major component of it with death.”

Give that link a click, lots of great insight into their "writing process" in the rest of the article for those of you considering sticking with this show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know, I think he might just be trying to sell it.

I mean, they can't possibly be stupid enough to have worked in TV this long and think that filming the ending the way they did says anything but faked death.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
So my theory that all the good writers jump ship to whatever new show is being produced at the time holds true apparently.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

So my theory that all the good writers jump ship to whatever new show is being produced at the time holds true apparently.

No, because Legends sucks.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

XboxPants posted:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/06/arrow-laurel-death-spoilers

Give that link a click, lots of great insight into their "writing process" in the rest of the article for those of you considering sticking with this show.

I think the best part of the interview is this:

Then what did Laurel tell Oliver?
“You’ll know in season 5,” Mericle chimes in.

So we'll have to wait until next season to find out what she said? Ugh.

The Lord Bude posted:

But seriously, a character was written off in a TV show. Get over it, it happens all the time and it doesn't magically make a show bad. How did you people ever manage to watch Joss Whedon's stuff?

Edit: and if it turns out her death was faked, then it's just a fun plot twist in keeping with comic book tradition.

I think people are pissed because if it turns out to be another faked death, it's something the show has already covered. It would've been a neat twist if they hadn't done it before, but now it's just getting tired and old. Not to mention the character has really grown since the series started, and I felt like there was a lot more of a story to tell with her.

Jonny_Rocket fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 7, 2016

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
This episode officially cemented Arrow as the worst show I watch on TV. Seriously. Worse than Gotham. I'm just getting tired of their Boy-Who-Cried-Wolf bullshit. You can't keep having dramatic death scenes only to retcon them a few episodes down the line (or sometimes even in the same episode) and expect people to keep giving a gently caress. Is Laurel really dead? About the most damning thing I can say about this show is: I don't care. I really don't, because nobody on this show feels like real living, breathing, emotional people, anymore. They all just feel like forced plot contrivances that do dumb, melodramatic poo poo for the sole purpose of driving a stupid plot forward. Even Neal McDonough's forced jocularity shtick is starting to grate on me.

I'll do my best to get through the rest of the season. I really hate giving up on shows. But I'm really starting to feel like this might be the last season for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

computer parts posted:

Nah, because she's showing up in the Flash.

As an alternate reality version of the character with a different name.

I don't believe she left due to conflict with Amell either, the cast posts goofy videos together all the time and the two of them are always full of smiles.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Amell thing is just something people made up because he's a bad guy for saying he likes Oliver and Felicity together.

So he's tearing the cast apart to keep his character and Felicity together, you see.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

No, because Legends sucks.

not really. especially not after hawkman dies

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The last few episodes of Legends have been pretty good. Vandal Savage really was the weak point of the show so far.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

Scyantific posted:

The last few episodes of Legends have been pretty good. Vandal Savage really was the weak point of the show so far.

I totally agree. I just don't feel like the show has done a good enough job of establishing Vandal Savage as a credible threat

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He doesn't have to be, because the biggest threat to the universe is how the main characters all range from incompetent to actually retarded.

libertao
Jun 23, 2006
Doofus
I don't get this thread, Felicity is so much better than Laurel who was never remotely believable as a fighter regularly taking town LoA fighters. I also don't get the fury over fake deaths on a comic show which is a staple of the genre.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

libertao posted:

I don't get this thread, Felicity is so much better than Laurel who was never remotely believable as a fighter regularly taking town LoA fighters. I also don't get the fury over fake deaths on a comic show which is a staple of the genre.

Because Felicity has sucked over the last season or so. Her drama drags down the show, but hey, this is a CW show after all.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Clearly Barry is going to bring alt-Laurel back from E2 to fill the void.

Earth 2 is a recycling bin. We can put supervillains there and take out fresh backup copies of superheroes!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

ComposerGuy posted:

Clearly Barry is going to bring alt-Laurel back from E2 to fill the void.

Earth 2 is a recycling bin. We can put supervillains there and take out fresh backup copies of superheroes!

Except Deadshot.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Y'know, none of this would've happened if they'd just scattered the pieces of the idol around the world instead of putting it back together.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Questions: Did I miss where Merlyn grew a new hand or something? Or got a bunch of LoA people to just show up despite the league being abandoned and the daughter of Ras in the wind?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

10 Beers posted:

Y'know, none of this would've happened if they'd just scattered the pieces of the idol around the world instead of putting it back together.

Or like buried a piece about 5 feet down a random plot of dirt. It's not like they are going to use it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

LLJKSiLk posted:

Questions: Did I miss where Merlyn grew a new hand or something? Or got a bunch of LoA people to just show up despite the league being abandoned and the daughter of Ras in the wind?

I thought it was a robot hand.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
At least it was better than Walking Dead. Arrow writers have the guts to kill one of the shows core characters.

The worst thing is Dig is now going to go into a shame spiral because he knows this is 100% his fault becuase he blindly trusted his brother, and we're going to get a lot of tearful scenes with him and Ollie.

And tearful scenes with Ollie and Felicity, and Felicity and Thea, and so on.

Something that does confuse me is hasn't anyone put that Damian Darkh and the new mayor are a couple? I mean, Darkh being arrested was on the news, and it's not like they being married would have been a secret.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They both use aliases.

libertao
Jun 23, 2006
Doofus

ApeHawk posted:

Or like buried a piece about 5 feet down a random plot of dirt. It's not like they are going to use it.

Andy had been "keeping track of everyone's movements" since the idol was taken and once he found out who had hidden it, he went back to the places they had been. It almost makes sense.

twistedmentat posted:

it's not like they being married would have been a secret.

Pretty sure it was though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was pretty sure she was using her actual last name in the mayoral race, I may be mistaken.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So Laurel's outted as Black Canary, they probably won't link her to the vigilantes despite her roommate being one of them right?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

libertao posted:

Andy had been "keeping track of everyone's movements" since the idol was taken and once he found out who had hidden it, he went back to the places they had been. It almost makes sense.

Pretty sure it was though.

toss the piece in the harbor at night. Good luck finding that!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

toss the piece in the harbor at night. Good luck finding that!

It was actually pretty easy, that water's really clear now thanks to the clean-up efforts.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Give one piece to each person to hide. Fedex one to China and at the same time send 20 rocks to people around the globe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bruceski posted:

Give one piece to each person to hide. Fedex one to China and at the same time send 20 rocks to people around the globe.

They could have mailed it to Constantine at the very least.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hell has real strict import controls.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

"Arrow Season 4 - Definitely still a thing that's happening"

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

AbstractNapper posted:

The fight scenes were terrible this time! Muddled quick cuts all over the place, bad camera positioning showing a bunch of stage punches missing and Flashback Ollie lovetapped a guy and he goes flailing across the prison grounds like a cartoon pratfall.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Bruceski posted:

Ooooorrrrrrrrr, "Oh, hey Barry, I hate to bother you, but how long do you think it would take you to take this sack of 10 rocks, run around the country/world, and deposit said pieces in different places? Lets say a rock quarry, 3 different oceans, 1 lake, an active volcano if you can swing it, then you can pick the last 4. Oh, say, do you think you could take a piece with you when you time travel and leave it there? Thanks, man! I owe you a pizza and some beers!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Did anyone else find the pacing and editing incredibly fast in this episode? I dunno if I'm just tired because it felt like they were cutting between characters and points so fast it lacked all impact and cohesion.

I mean, the episode was terrible anyway but the start especially felt ridiculously rushed even when the characters were just talking to each other.

• Locked thread