Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Blackops lives friend and we've been killing horde by the bucket load.

And also Vince Draken blundered into our camp and died in his pimped out FC legion.

Does Black Ops have a decent USTZ turnout? I'd like to give it a try if they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Same.

Also can I bring my Widow? I hope so because you don't really get a choice.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Drythe posted:

Bad use of the word literally. I expect better from you next time

the d names are protecting their own, help!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Does Black Ops have a decent USTZ turnout? I'd like to give it a try if they do.

Yes.

Join blackops_pub in jabber and look for the mumble blops channels and join foreign legion 1. Now is a good time to learn since we are half new guys and half vets shaking the rust off.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Moderately amusing that ~the narrative~ is all "heh goonies lost so bad they all moved to lowsec" when previously it was "heh, stupid goonies still staging out of null like big idiots."

Yeah, the mass CSAA slaughter is kinda :saddowns: but what can you really do about it when former allies literally screenshotted the build info page on their way out the door and notorious RMTers are financing literally the entire rest of the game to come push our poo poo in.

Lots of fun fleets to go on though, which is nice.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are you doing pure Black Ops Battleships, or are you also bridging torp bombers in?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Mother fucker I just realized my name starts with a d

It's me, im the pubbie

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

if you're not running black ops in blockade runners, then you're doing it wrong

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I believe I understand things much better now. Thank you to everyone who posted to let me know what was going on.

In regards to the thread; the fact that there is a lot of history and the games has been going on so long is naturally going to draw ire. In this case I want us to follow a new rule regarding people reporting this thread.

The fact that this game and the goon presence has been going on for so long means there will always be baggage behind people's motivations and posts. There is no real way to remove that history and I am certainly not closing the thread down either and stifling discussion.

Instead only report people for seriously egregious things that would be reported elsewhere. (Racism, serious threats, that sort of thing).

If it's because there is bad blood between factions, that is not something you need to complain about. You can solve that in your war like battles or within EVE itself.

I hope everyone is OK with this. If you have any other thoughts, please let me know either in here or PM. I'm bookmarking this thread.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I'm not familiar with what would happen if we lost the JU station. I have a pile of old accounts in there with many billions of isk in random junk on them. Is all that safe until I log in or should I be taking the 10 day resub offer and selling/moving it? I'm guessing we won't be out of JU forever so I'd rather not move it if I can avoid it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

I believe I understand things much better now. Thank you to everyone who posted to let me know what was going on.

In regards to the thread; the fact that there is a lot of history and the games has been going on so long is naturally going to draw ire. In this case I want us to follow a new rule regarding people reporting this thread.

The fact that this game and the goon presence has been going on for so long means there will always be baggage behind people's motivations and posts. There is no real way to remove that history and I am certainly not closing the thread down either and stifling discussion.

Instead only report people for seriously egregious things that would be reported elsewhere. (Racism, serious threats, that sort of thing).

If it's because there is bad blood between factions, that is not something you need to complain about. You can solve that in your war like battles or within EVE itself.

I hope everyone is OK with this. If you have any other thoughts, please let me know either in here or PM. I'm bookmarking this thread.

if they have a problem with it you should just name and shame them :getin: also dont bookmark the thread save yourself it's bad

edit: am i getting reported, or are The Bad Guys getting reported

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

I'm D name, but I still think these people whose post history is link to EVE thread are stupid.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

VideoGames posted:

People reporting other people for disagreeing with them or for hurting their feelings because they refuse to acknowledge a shared reality should be rightfully named and shamed. :toot:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

InternetJunky posted:

I'm not familiar with what would happen if we lost the JU station. I have a pile of old accounts in there with many billions of isk in random junk on them. Is all that safe until I log in or should I be taking the 10 day resub offer and selling/moving it? I'm guessing we won't be out of JU forever so I'd rather not move it if I can avoid it.

It works like it normally does. If the station gets taken you can still reactivate the accounts and if they were last in the station you can wake up there. The issue is the moment you undock you can't get back into the station (assuming it's held by enemies). That said, you can either wait for Goons/CFC/Imperium to retake it or if you really need to move it (say due to the whole abandonment of the north) then you can request CCP to move everything to an NPC station. I'm not so sure how the latter works since I've never had to do it and I know CCP have been tightening up how they do it because people were abusing it recently.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I believe the Amarrian empire should fall. DeTh to all whities!!!! :jihad: :hitler:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

if they have a problem with it you should just name and shame them :getin: also dont bookmark the thread save yourself it's bad

edit: am i getting reported, or are The Bad Guys getting reported

I hope I'm getting reported.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Kimsemus posted:

People reporting other people for disagreeing with them or for hurting their feelings because they refuse to acknowledge a shared reality should be rightfully named and shamed. :toot:

Maybe they are redditors and they assumed the report feature was the the downvote button.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

me irl

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Kimsemus posted:

The SA EVE Thread is officially, Kugu 2016. :smith:

e: I've been called a 'not bad poster' twice, in 2 pages. The end is nigh!

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

It works like it normally does. If the station gets taken you can still reactivate the accounts and if they were last in the station you can wake up there. The issue is the moment you undock you can't get back into the station (assuming it's held by enemies). That said, you can either wait for Goons/CFC/Imperium to retake it or if you really need to move it (say due to the whole abandonment of the north) then you can request CCP to move everything to an NPC station. I'm not so sure how the latter works since I've never had to do it and I know CCP have been tightening up how they do it because people were abusing it recently.
Ok, thanks. I will leave my space junk to collect dust then.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Me too.

https://zkillboard.com/character/92973052/losses/

Just on the other end.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

That's a lot of dead cyno ships.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

That's a lot of dead cyno ships.

i've killed about 100 so far :q:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
True frivolous reports will get shamed but also I might hand out sixers too if it happens enough. :getin:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

The SA EVE Thread is officially, Kugu 2016. :smith:

e: I've been called a 'not bad poster' twice, in 2 pages. The end is nigh!

i didn't call you not bad :colbert:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

i didn't call you not bad :colbert:

In a pre-coffee daze, I had to read that about 4 times... and I still wasn't entirely sure which side of the hurf I was on.

You didn't say shutup idiot, so I, like many others, am taking that as a compliment.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

lol if you don't have at least one sixer

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Are we coming clean about where our accounts came from

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

frozenpussy posted:

Are we coming clean about where our accounts came from

I'm a gay robot.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Glory of Arioch posted:

lol if you don't have at least one sixer

lol if your rapsheet doesnt have entries about "being you"

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'm a gay robot.

I'm a bi furry. Blawrf is was my hero.

e; assholes ruined I'm gay.

Hobold fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 7, 2016

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Now I feet better.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

In a pre-coffee daze, I had to read that about 4 times... and I still wasn't entirely sure which side of the hurf I was on.

You didn't say shutup idiot, so I, like many others, am taking that as a compliment.

you're on the "i dont post solely in the eve thread" side, at least i hope so cause you have an awful lot of posts to be eve thread only

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

At some point I may have to pay to make that GIF an actual smiley. I don't know if I'd call it :deadtear: or :fnlnidiot: though.

Xolve is a good poster with regrettable choice in allies.

That's all.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Where can I find the postcount leaderboard for a thread. This thread.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

frozenpussy posted:

Where can I find the postcount leaderboard for a thread. This thread.
click the replies count on the index

ullerrm posted:

At some point I may have to pay to make that GIF an actual smiley. I don't know if I'd call it :deadtear: or :fnlnidiot: though.

Xolve is a good poster with regrettable choice in allies.

That's all.

like i told him, please dont give me a vanity emote :(

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

click the replies count on the index

awesome, thanks

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Eh I need to post less. That's pretty terrible.

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine
Do I have to pay more :10bux: for the report function I'm not seeing it at all on my interface.

edit: heh yep platinum only nvm

Also reporting people because they made you mad about Internet spaceships is :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Jesus gently caress, how am I so high?

• Locked thread