Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I thought I saw somewhere that this was like $22k to convert. All it is is a replacement carbon fiber hatch that isn't even painted. Cool idea but holy poo poo that's insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
It doesn't really seem to add much utility - so now you can carry a slightly taller parcel?

Why not a bed conversion instead and turn it into a single cab light truck?

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkHIfYDq5qE

:catstare:

Fully loaded, this car is $66k. Carbon motherfucking fibre wheels at a $66k price point. And that roofline! It looks like a widebody 911 if you squint just a little.

Explain to me why I am not selling my Z4M and buying one of these things, given the amount of money I need to put into the Z4M to track prep it...

Me, explain that to me. Me, what am I thinking?

Oh, I'm thinking a yellow GT350R with black racing stripes?

Ah, me. I love the way I think.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

Just give me that one-off M3 ute BMW made.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrlhepfy9-I

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Throatwarbler posted:

It doesn't really seem to add much utility - so now you can carry a slightly taller parcel?

The rear suspension on C5/6/7 Corvettes is so loving tall that anything you would put in a notional bed is right about at your shoulder level. Perfect for panic-stop decapitations!

:v:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

sofullofhate posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkHIfYDq5qE

Fully loaded, this car is $66k. Carbon motherfucking fibre wheels at a $66k price point. And that roofline! It looks like a widebody 911 if you squint just a little.

Explain to me why I am not selling my Z4M and buying one of these things, given the amount of money I need to put into the Z4M to track prep it...

The flat plane crank surprised me! Ford is trying to be European so much they even want to sound european now. I do like how it sounds, just not sure its how a mustang should sound.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Preoptopus posted:

The flat plane crank surprised me! Ford is trying to be European so much they even want to sound european now. I do like how it sounds, just not sure its how a mustang should sound.

Haha whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. The Mustang isn't even the Mustang anymore. Same with the Camaro.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:

fyodor posted:

Haha whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. The Mustang isn't even the Mustang anymore. Same with the Camaro.

...and that's exactly why I'm interested in one now.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

sofullofhate posted:

...and that's exactly why I'm interested in one now.

drat right. For as long as I've remembered I'd never have seriously considered owning a Mustang. But the 2015 redesign changed everything.

And then a friend got a 2016 GT, and I drove it. Ford's done good with this one.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Guinness posted:

drat right. For as long as I've remembered I'd never have seriously considered owning a Mustang. But the 2015 redesign changed everything.
Same boat here. Goddamn does the 2015+ look nice. I haven't been inside one to see if it feels like they used to from a driving position but if they fixed that... well...

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

They're still massive pigs (almost 4,000 lbs for the GT350R), but that's the only real downside I can see to them right now.

Limited production capacity probably means that street prices are going to be far north of MSRP, but I guess we'll see.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
3650 claimed curbweight is heavy, but almost 4000 is hyperbolic.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

remember when the new mustang was supposed to be 500lbs lighter than the s197

fun times huh

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Preoptopus posted:

The sensation of revving a mustang to 8250 is extremely surreal. I have a feature and a video finally running next week. (Drove the car in September and it's taken me 7 months to wrote it up :|)

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Thats exactly my point. Im in no way saying this is a bad car or even a good car ruined. If i had room for 60 grand in my debt account id buy it in a second HOWEVER, it isnt a Mustang and there is a slight loss there....

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

What is the essence of a Mustang? A koan for the ages.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

gently caress yes

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

fyodor posted:

What is the essence of a Mustang? A koan for the ages.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Ive smoked a lot of pot in one of those back in highschool so I think you got it right.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

I saw a Mercedes SL320 out of the corner of my eye today and thought it was one of these. Made me pause mid-sentence for a second when I realized it wasn't.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Anyone got 50k laying around?

Freiburger is selling the muscle truck

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111961720178?forcerRptr=true&item=111961720178&viewitem

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
lol asking 50 grand for an engine YOU SHOWED with sand all up in in.

If I had some money, Ill tell you what Id do... Go downtown buy a Mercury or two!

:siren: SHAMEFUL ABUSE OF IMAGE TAGS AHOY :siren:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 8, 2016

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

`Nemesis posted:

Anyone got 50k laying around?

Freiburger is selling the muscle truck

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111961720178?forcerRptr=true&item=111961720178&viewitem

Lmao, it was 25k two hours ago and THAT was high.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Preoptopus posted:

If I had some money, Ill tell you what Id do... Go downtown buy a Mercury or two!

Fox mustangs have always seemed like a particularly american obsession to me. The car is ugly and has seemingly little to recommend it, besides the cool stuff you can do by shovelling money at them (much like 90's evos/sti's are here). But this is goddamn sexy.

It was all in the headlights I guess.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Special place in my heart as an Immigrant to these fine United of States, my father bought a Capri with his first paycheck and then spent a subsequent 12 or so keeping it running. Smoked a deer at 60 kept right on goin. Loved that beast.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Preoptopus posted:

Pretty sure he's not actually asking $50k, that's just what the bid is currently up to?

I'm curious to see how much it goes for in the end, and what Freiburger's gonna do with all that money. Just think of all the stupid project cars he could buy :allears:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

In the 5 minutes it took me to check that, message someone and them respond, it went from 33k to 49k. loving hell guys, at that price you could pay someone to build one that hasn't had sand blown through it.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Yeah the starting price was $200.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

sofullofhate posted:

"It sounds like you're being chased by the Civil War."

:allears:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

atomicthumbs posted:

"It sounds like you're being chased by the Civil War."

:allears:

Yeah I loved that quote. Since Dodge did that great ad for the Challenger set in the revolutionary war, maybe Ford will do a Civil War ad. Slow motion dramatic shots of fighting, over-dubbed with the 350R exhaust note.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

That is one iteration of the Mustang that never did grow on me. Just... blah...

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

T1g4h posted:

Pretty sure he's not actually asking $50k, that's just what the bid is currently up to?

I've done some selling on eBay/Paypal and I'm fairly sure there's no option to reject money/counterbid lower, sooo.....

The truck rules and I don't remember the engine build, but for that price I'm fairly sure you could build the exact same thing with an excellent suspension and a quality custom paintjob replicating the current scheme/airbrushed patina showing where Freiburger leaned up against the quarter panel? Is this where I start going to bed at 8:30, eating sardines loudly over the kitchen sink and rambling about how I watched Roadkill before everyone else liked it and you could buy C10s for a couple grand?

*trembling hands raise a revolver shakily upwards* will i see this on Barrett-Jackson????!!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, at $50k you could even build the much superior '67-'72 to be the ideal version of what that truck would be if it wasn't Roadkill.

Just Dzus it on!

Of course if I'd won the Powerball, I'd have a hard time not buying it, so.....

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Raluek posted:

Yeah I loved that quote. Since Dodge did that great ad for the Challenger set in the revolutionary war, maybe Ford will do a Civil War ad. Slow motion dramatic shots of fighting, over-dubbed with the 350R exhaust note.

I think the civil war was less cool than the revolutionary war but that's just me.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

fyodor posted:

I think the civil war was less cool than the revolutionary war but that's just me.

Depends on what you're into I guess. Neither was exactly a walk in the park. Both are fairly :black101: sources for commercials.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I've done some selling on eBay/Paypal and I'm fairly sure there's no option to reject money/counterbid lower, sooo.....

The truck rules and I don't remember the engine build, but for that price I'm fairly sure you could build the exact same thing with an excellent suspension and a quality custom paintjob replicating the current scheme/airbrushed patina showing where Freiburger leaned up against the quarter panel? Is this where I start going to bed at 8:30, eating sardines loudly over the kitchen sink and rambling about how I watched Roadkill before everyone else liked it and you could buy C10s for a couple grand?

*trembling hands raise a revolver shakily upwards* will i see this on Barrett-Jackson????!!

I'm not saying the current going price isn't ludicrous, just that going LOL I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S ASKING $50K FOR THAT THRASHED OUT C10 is a bit silly considering he's not actually asking $50k, that's just how much money the internet is throwing at him :v:

Also, to be honest, while you could definitely build something even nuttier / arguably better for that kind of cash, it wouldn't be the actual muscle truck. It's kinda like buying an original movie car, imo. Though, i'd ask Freiburger to autograph it at the very least if I were spending that much money on it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
More flat-plane V8s please. Much better than trying to wedge 180 degree headers in.