Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Guy A. Person posted:

Lol

Turn on ABC family and watch till the first commercial break. Dexo accurately described them as a network that "manages to out CW the CW".

Yeah it is easier to show rather than tell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRvcIhL86IE

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That channel is all about the 18-34 year-olds now. Which is why they changed the name, because a lot of their shows aren't really "family" friendly.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

Oh. Hmm. The vague future shown as this bizarre prison was pretty neat. How often is the future used?

Fairly often, almost half of the plot takes place there.

Codependent Poster posted:

That channel is all about the 18-34 year-olds now. Which is why they changed the name, because a lot of their shows aren't really "family" friendly.

Ah yes, the Becomer demographic.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Holy poo poo.

Someone should make a whole series of parody videos ABC Family'ing other fairly dark movies.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Holy poo poo.

Someone should make a whole series of parody videos ABC Family'ing other fairly dark movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os6raCCmAFk

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

This is especially amazing considering I just watched Room 237.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Dexo posted:

This is why I don't watch much TV.

I just want dumb comic book people doing dumb comic book things. Why do Flash and Arrow have to be awful now?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I have no idea how a group of people who read comic books could possibly dislike melodrama

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dexo posted:

I can't tell anymore, is that real?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

I can't tell anymore, is that real?
That one is, yes.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Are they still obliged to broadcast The 700 Club?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Heathen posted:

I just want dumb comic book people doing dumb comic book things. Why do Flash and Arrow have to be awful now?

Flash is good YEAH I SAID IT :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If you had told me at the start of the season that Supergirl would be the best if the DCU shows I'd have laughed my rear end off.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The only DC shows I still enjoy are iZombie and Arrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

The only DC shows I still enjoy are iZombie and Arrow.

You're a terrible person!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

They're also the only two I actually watch still.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

They're also the only two I actually watch still.

They all have their bright spots but I feel about Arrow how you feel about Flash.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Even Wentworth Miller's Snart wasn't enough to keep me invested in the Legends show. The entire supporting cast is just poo poo. Even Palmer who I loved last season on Arrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Even Wentworth Miller's Snart wasn't enough to keep me invested in the Legends show. The entire supporting cast is just poo poo. Even Palmer who I loved last season on Arrow.

I will admit that while I used to eagerly look forward to each of these shows, all of them except iZombie now get watched while I'm doing other stuff.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Legends swerved us by killing what we thought was worst character off in second episode but then decided to reveal that in fact the worst character was the main character of the show all along.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Legends swerved us by killing what we thought was worst character off in second episode but then decided to reveal that in fact the worst character was the main character of the show all along.

You have to define who the lead is because there are only three likable people on LoT.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

You have to define who the lead is because there are only three likable people on LoT.

Rip Hunter. Another white dude with no personality like Jay Garrick and Vandal Savage and Carter Hall. At least Damien Darhk is fun.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought every one hated Arrow after last night.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I like all the DC shows. I do agree though that LoT just needs to get rid of Rip, fix the fact he's pretty boring, or just demote him to living scenery that gives the team wacky missions. Vandal being boring outside his accent is bad but he's not around enough to really kill the show.

E: oh and if Hawkman were still alive the show would be unwatchable

burnishedfume fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 8, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

I thought every one hated Arrow after last night.

It really seems like if you go by the forums lately everyone hates everything.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

I know, it sucks.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I thought last night's Arrow was great. And they managed to write a good episode about the bee villain, something even season one Flash couldn't do.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

I am a wellspring of hope I'll have you know. Well except for the fact that I think Arrow has conditioned me to get enraged at the sight of John Barrowman's face at this point.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

X-O posted:

I thought last night's Arrow was great. And they managed to write a good episode about the bee villain, something even season one Flash couldn't do.

I still cannot make heads or tales of the fact that Emily Kinney is older than me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OK did Guggenheim tweet that it was forreal because to me it looks totally like "fake death so Dahrk fucks off"

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Wheat Loaf posted:

Are they still obliged to broadcast The 700 Club?

Yes. As long as that channel exists in some fashion, even if they rename it or sell it, the 700 club has to have a spot on the channel. And it can't be a bullshit overnight position either. You almost have to respect them for getting someone to sign a contract that allowed that.

Although if anyone can find a loophole if they wanted, it's Disney.

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/62330/as-abc-family-becomes-freeform-heres-why-its-still-stuck-with-the-700-club/

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 8, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

OK did Guggenheim tweet that it was forreal because to me it looks totally like "fake death so Dahrk fucks off"

The interviews they have given have said real.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

RevKrule posted:

Yes. As long as that channel exists in some fashion, even if they rename it or sell it, the 700 club has to have a spot on the channel. And it can't be a bullshit overnight position either. You almost have to respect them for getting someone to sign a contract that allowed that.

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/62330/as-abc-family-becomes-freeform-heres-why-its-still-stuck-with-the-700-club/

The 700 Club / CBN has assets worth more than $320 million?!?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

RevKrule posted:

I think it's hilarious you have all this same sex romance on something like Shadowhunters and then here comes 700 Club! Like, you'd think that maybe 700 Club might get sick of sharing the channel with that, but who knows.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Well, I'll believe it when I see it.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I think it's hilarious you have all this same sex romance on something like Shadowhunters and then here comes 700 Club! Like, you'd think that maybe 700 Club might get sick of sharing the channel with that, but who knows.

I honestly have a feeling that's what they're trying to do but while Pat Robertson's still alive he's gonna dig the gently caress in.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Yea, I doubt Cassidy would be saying she's leaving the show if it was a fakeout.

At least Arrow had the guts to kill a major character, unlike Walking Dead.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I doubt Cassidy would be saying she's leaving the show if it was a fakeout.

At least Arrow had the guts to kill a major character, unlike Walking Dead.

Roy Harper faked his death and the actor left the show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also it depends how dedicated they are to the ruse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It would just be such a bizarre way to shoot that scene as the an actual death of a long term major character especially when that character has such deep background in the source. I mean killing off Black Canary on a Green Arrow show with them never having had a serious relationship on the show?