Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
How does jungl bard even work?? I like the idea + the build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Someone let me use pbe account, i need to taric asap.

edit: plz... i need :negative:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Noooooooooo! Graves is getting nerfed!

https://twitter.com/SmashGizmo/status/717970524131840000

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Darth Windu posted:

It doesn't, his clears are poo poo

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Darth Windu posted:

Why would anyone like the idea of Jungle Bard?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Firebert posted:

It doesn't, his clears are poo poo

clears? psh, those cut into Chime Time

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Libertine posted:

Goin' through walls 24/7 presumably.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Libertine posted:

Yeah it was bad

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Noooooooooo! Graves is getting nerfed!

I guess you actually have to git gud now.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Peakay posted:

I guess you actually have to git gud now.

but thats not a thing that can happen :(

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

im nursing a semi rn

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

http://shanghaiist.com/2016/04/07/woman_prays_online_game_character.php

Dear Garen, Lord of the Top Lane, Protector of the Carries, please shine your heavenly light upon us and help my children spin to win.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx9OQoJ2A8Y

Not as good as Sass-Dragon, but I did like "Are you even wearing any pants?" to Varus.

Edit: Also I love how his theme is basically superhero music.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 8, 2016

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

This is really really Disney

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I just got an A+ for going 15-2-17 as top lane Fizz in a close 39 minute game. Second best score on our team was our Thresh with 4-5-26. He got a deserved S, but I mean, what the gently caress..

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

The Mash posted:

I just got an A+ for going 15-2-17 as top lane Fizz in a close 39 minute game. Second best score on our team was our Thresh with 4-5-26. He got a deserved S, but I mean, what the gently caress..

OMG - I just got an A for going 16-6-16 with Fizz mid in a 34 minute game, and thought I too was screwed (though the next closest score on my team was 11/8/16).

My CS was absolutely atrocious though, so that's what I ascribed it to. I really suck with CSing with Fizz. I can't figure out how you can really do anything mid against ranged mages early - if you move in to CS, they just blast the poo poo out of you from a distance. Blowing your E to get on top of them is really risky. I suppose I have to get better at Qing through a minion to get to them, hitting them, and then Eing back out. Because right now I'm just getting picked apart early, and losing a ton of CS.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

The Mash posted:

The ranking system is weird and changes based on your role and character. Junglers and Supports have less weighting put towards their CS at the end of the game for example; so they aren't being judged on their CS as much as their KDR and wards placed. It also doesn't take into account plays so if you're the mediocre ADC who manages to pull a quick double kill with some good moves, causing your team to secure a Baron and snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat; it doesn't give a poo poo looks at your CS and KD and says "lol bad CS get a B+"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
really want a disney prince taric skin now.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Tired Moritz posted:

really want a disney prince taric skin now.

Not emptyquoting

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I don't understand why they're killing Grail for most mages and giving it to supports. There's already support items that severely overlap each other in the same ways they're changing Morellonomicon/Athene's for, so they're throwing yet another into the ridiculously bloated support item pool? And I can't see supports really wanting it that much in the first place when their first item is usually a gold generator and then everything after that being team fight utility for the mid-game. The 'harass to get a heal' thing just seems too aggressive and damage-oriented to be good for most supports unless you're going full aggro after winning your lane really hard. It's a decent pickup for Lux/Lulu/Karma/Ori but basically nobody else will buy it.

And at the same time they're killing mana regen for the mages that lean towards siege and utility at the cost of a weaker, more exploitable early games. Meanwhile Zed still has completely loving bullshit waveclear because they never nerf him in the ways he's actually too strong; strong wave clear and push even against mid lane bullies, safe laning phase, high killing power at 6. And then the dumbass blink item? I'm still excited for the mage rework because that's who I play the most but goddang did the item reveals take the wind out of my sails.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 8, 2016

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Zed is a melee ranged champion who buys almost 0 defense other than a lifesteal item, who's weaknesses are varied and many. He's much less effective when the person he's trying to kill knows how to play. He struggles against a variety of mid laners including Annie, Cho'Gath, and Malzahar. He also doesn't do well against Irelia. Even when he gets ahead, Zed is the number one champion to go from 12/1 to 13/7 on in League. His damage is very situational in that you have to actually find an opportunity for a squishy champion to stand still and let you kill them, because against good players this is hard.

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 8, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Zed's waveclear isn't that good and he is weak to many midlaners levels 1 to 3. Most assassins also outscale him if they don't die to his level 6 powerspike. They're also putting a larger cooldown on W so that he is easier to gank

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

My point was that Zed remains the best assassin pusher by quite a bit (Talon is comparable and doesn't use defensive cooldowns to do it, but he has mana limitations), who counters or has strong, relatively safe laning against most mid-lane mages. One full item and he can clear every single wave coming to his tower with W E Q, even after the increased cooldown, it just means he has less killing power by not using the W to harass you. Meanwhile their logic with mana regen is they want sieging, pushing mages to "pay huge costs" for their staying power. Lane sustain as a whole is just getting flipped upside down for mages in every way. I just don't get the logic here.

My hope is in Chalice, it has a really interesting passive now that I DO see going well with the mana regen items now having flat mana. But if all it builds into is Athene's or Mikael's like now then it's pointless. New Catalyst could also maybe have some upsides in some weird "yeah you can harass me but I'll just dodge it and take no damage or eat it and get mana to shoot you back with or push in return" type of mind games, but relying on mind games to make an item good is never a situation you want to be in when it's not as huge of an effect as something like Zhonya's or Banshee's. I'm not worried about mages in a vacuum, they can be individually balanced like Lux getting hit more because of new Athene's potentially skewing her kit even more, or Xerath getting some love because his identity as THE siege mage being hit hard. It's mages compared to everything else I'm concerned with.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 8, 2016

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Safari Disco Lion posted:

There's already support items that severely overlap each other in the same ways they're changing Morellonomicon/Athene's for, so they're throwing yet another into the ridiculously bloated support item pool?

What the poo poo items are you talking about

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Safari Disco Lion posted:

My point was that Zed remains the best assassin pusher by quite a bit (Talon is comparable and doesn't use defensive cooldowns to do it, but he has mana limitations), who counters or has strong, relatively safe laning against most mid-lane mages. One full item and he can clear every single wave coming to his tower with W E Q, even after the increased cooldown, it just means he has less killing power by not using the W to harass you. Meanwhile their logic with mana regen is they want sieging, pushing mages to "pay huge costs" for their staying power. Lane sustain as a whole is just getting flipped upside down for mages in every way. I just don't get the logic here.

The logic is that mages being effectively manaless these days because of Morello's and Grail being hyperefficient at giving mana is retarded and that poo poo is going bye-bye outside of your team managing to control both blue buffs, which will be buffed to be stronger. If you want to be effectively manaless, you'll have to opt into a tear and accept a (much) weaker early and midgame in exchange for having infinite poke in the lategame. This is very much a nerf to mage sustain and uptime and if you're getting mad at it, tough. Nobody likes dealing with Ziggs' infinite waveclear, Viktor just erasing waves forever with no consequences, or Vel'koz poking from a 1800 unit range with a Q that costs him nothing at all.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Nice to see you've joined the fire emblem av club

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
C'mon bond do it, say your meme

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Another option, is there right now isn't much reason to play AP because AD champs have much better itemization right now, least until maw and mercurial get nerfed a bit more in the following patch.

If you want a bursty magical mid with a escape, play AD Corki until he gets nerfed.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I'm meme

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
oh come on you know your line

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
im...meme

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
bond has good taste in fe characters

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

NTT posted:

im...meme

you did it sorta

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Another option, is there right now isn't much reason to play AP because AD champs have much better itemization right now, least until maw and mercurial get nerfed a bit more in the following patch.

If you want a bursty magical mid with a escape, play AD Corki until he gets nerfed.

People are bad and won't build those items on a yasuo/zed/trynd

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
smurfing is fun

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

People are bad and won't build those items on a yasuo/zed/trynd

Picked up Program Soraka and haven't played in a long time. She is cool and good.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Picked up Program Soraka and haven't played in a long time. She is cool and good.

same

Nyandaber Z
Apr 8, 2009
I know winning/losing streaks are part of the game... but I've been only having those this last week. Really makes you feel you have no agency whatsoever in how the game goes when no matter how badly you feed, you'll still get carried to keep the winning streak or how great you play, the rest of the team will make sure you stay on that loosing streak. Come on matchmaking, give me some balanced games once in a while.

I've been playing Zac lately... and drat his E is fun to use. You move so fast around the map you can put a lot of pressure and you don't give a poo poo about wards because you can just initiate a gank from anywhere. I wonder why he's not played more, I really regret not trying him sooner.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Heh, wonder if the mana regen item nerfs will get midlaners taking smite again. Hunter's Talisman is a cheap mana regen item early, the "in the jungle" requirement basically means "on the ramp" for midlaners, where most of them try to snipe from fog of war anyway. Having to upgrade the jungle item and the enchant later for 2675 or whatever would suck, but shooting a mini luden's proc on a large monster for 18% missing mana back looks pretty good compared to other stuff for late game if a champ sucks at stacking tear.

It'd be great, more laners taking camps to auto win their lanes with the early level 2, the same infinite mana late game poke, more jungle item nerfs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nyandaber Z posted:

I know winning/losing streaks are part of the game... but I've been only having those this last week. Really makes you feel you have no agency whatsoever in how the game goes when no matter how badly you feed, you'll still get carried to keep the winning streak or how great you play, the rest of the team will make sure you stay on that loosing streak. Come on matchmaking, give me some balanced games once in a while.

I've been playing Zac lately... and drat his E is fun to use. You move so fast around the map you can put a lot of pressure and you don't give a poo poo about wards because you can just initiate a gank from anywhere. I wonder why he's not played more, I really regret not trying him sooner.

Seems like half the issue could be resolved by not feeding. Just saying.

• Locked thread