Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Shageletic posted:

How can anyone hate this. It reminds me of Chris Ware.

I could almost ignore the simple, cartoony art- at least it's clean and uncluttered- but the faces. Bleh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Shageletic posted:

I just read the wiki page for this. He seriously retconned everybody knowing Daredevil's identity? Lame.

I definitely prefer it. Everyone knowing Daredevil's identity got so tiresome.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Calaveron posted:

Bullshit. It's clearly Foggy. Guy's more affable, likeable and heroic than some guy who just goes running around banging chicks pretending to be blind

I guess one thing I didn't like is that Foggy and Karen had way more chemistry than Matt and Karen. That romance felt very shoehorned in season 2.

It is kind of weird that Matt's only banged one lady during the two seasons of Daredevil. He must not be feeling well.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Gyges posted:

Can we get a title change so people don't think we still need spoilers?

We'll never have avocados at law now.
Permission to treat this poster as hostile.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Netflix Marvel: Daredevil S2: A season about this rear end in a top hat's Hand

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gyges posted:

It is kind of weird that Matt's only banged one lady during the two seasons of Daredevil. He must not be feeling well.

Too busy jonesing for some Greek.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Refresh my memory. Did they reveal what the hole was for? Did they excavate the sarcophagus was from it? I can't quite remember the details of Nobu's reveal and the first appearance of the sarcophagus. At first I assumed they had someone in it until it seemed at the very end they were saving it for Elektra.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

Refresh my memory. Did they reveal what the hole was for? Did they excavate the sarcophagus was from it? I can't quite remember the details of Nobu's reveal and the first appearance of the sarcophagus. At first I assumed they had someone in it until it seemed at the very end they were saving it for Elektra.

I don't think they ever explained what the hole was for, no. It's very possible they were excavating but they never said so.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

mother of god this prison fight was brutal on a level that puts game of thrones to shame

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dr Christmas posted:

The hole is something being built up for, most likely, the Defenders. Season 1 showed us the Yakuza(secretly the Hand) wanted that block and would kill for it. Season 2 had Matt and Elektra happen across it when they were trying to figure out what the Hand(now showing the Yakuza as a simple facade) were up to with Roxxon. After being ambushed by ninjas, they thing stumbled into Stick, and then stumbled into the Black Sky plot with the kidnapped children and all.

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

mother of god this prison fight was brutal on a level that puts game of thrones to shame

Uh, yeah, 90% of GoT fights are downright shamefully choreographed. Daredevil is the opposite.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

Uh, yeah, 90% of GoT fights are downright shamefully choreographed. Daredevil is the opposite.

I don't normally watch shows (even movies too) with choreography this good so it really stands out

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I don't normally watch shows (even movies too) with choreography this good so it really stands out

A lot of people were like "I hope the action doesn't suck now that Stephen DeKnight is gone :ohdear:"

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

zoux posted:

A lot of people were like "I hope the action doesn't suck now that Stephen DeKnight is gone :ohdear:"

The action is missing a lot of it's season 1 crunch with Matt in the armor. He tends to breeze through fights now, and except for the end of the hallway fight where the biker bends him over backwards, he was never in a significant amount of peril, just out of breath.

Frank's prison fight was much better. I think it comes down to whether or not the character is wearing body armor.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

HIJK posted:

The action is missing a lot of it's season 1 crunch with Matt in the armor. He tends to breeze through fights now, and except for the end of the hallway fight where the biker bends him over backwards, he was never in a significant amount of peril, just out of breath.

Frank's prison fight was much better. I think it comes down to whether or not the character is wearing body armor.

I think it mainly comes down to that there's just so many fights in the show and every single one of them can't be Hallway or Prison caliber, you need some of the fights to be more normal so those can stand out/shine even more, plus it would probably take years to get a new season if they tried to choreograph every single fight that excellently.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

HIJK posted:

Well, it didn't suck!

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

savinhill posted:

I think it mainly comes down to that there's just so many fights in the show and every single one of them can't be Hallway or Prison caliber, you need some of the fights to be more normal so those can stand out/shine even more, plus it would probably take years to get a new season if they tried to choreograph every single fight that excellently.

I think that's part of the problem though. In season 1 Matt's fights were carefully considered and there was a lot of tension because he was a glass cannon: dangerous but vulnerable. Every fight in season 1 took place for a reason which gave those fights dramatic weight.

In season 2 the Punisher/Daredevil fights stand out as a reflection of their ideological conflict. The rest of the fights are the writers going NINJASNINJASNINJASNINJASNINJAS and because Matt tears through them like tissue paper, they're not significant, because he's never in any danger. And that makes them a bit boring.

The only one that stands out in my mind is the ninja with the bow and arrow in the apartment because that lead to him getting poisoned and rejecting Elektra, but that was neutered because he tried to get with Elektra only a few episodes later and the clean up crew erased the evidence of the fight. It was literally swept under the rug.

Why should I care about the stakes of Matt's ninja fights if nothing significant comes of it?

It's not that they're bad, they're just kind of boring because they're so meaningless and have no impact on the narrative except to make Daredevil look cool.

zoux posted:

Well, it didn't suck!

It didn't suck. It just wasn't as good as season 1 and I think it's because the armor protecting Matt took away the tension and drama that made the season 1 fight so gripping.

I'm not calling it terrible or that they shouldn't have done it. Chill.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Relax, it was an ironic exclamation mark.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maybe Matt is just a huge wuss compared to Frank the Tank, the man who gives no fucks.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

The "invisible" ninja in this kind of remind me of the start of The Matrix Reloaded when Neo runs into some agents and says, "Hm, upgrades."

Both just felt like cheap devices to insert more of a sense of danger and action.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Calaveron posted:

Bullshit. It's clearly Foggy. Guy's more affable, likeable and heroic than some guy who just goes running around banging chicks pretending to be blind

I guess one thing I didn't like is that Foggy and Karen had way more chemistry than Matt and Karen. That romance felt very shoehorned in season 2.

Foggy and Marci forever and ever.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

zoux posted:

Well, it didn't suck!
It really does suck in some scenes. "Prestige figh scenes" like the stairwell and prison ones are a thing of their own that are still pretty good, but the rest were pretty awful. Especially the editing where they cut away before all hits.

I'm not sure why it was so bad, feels weird that it can be as different from one season to another.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Doctor Butts posted:

Foggy and Marci forever and ever.

Foggy is a 4, turning down an 8, to chase a 9. It's infuriating.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
...Is Matt the 9 in this metaphor? or am I really confused

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

...Is Matt the 9 in this metaphor? or am I really confused

I think Matt is the 8 and Marci is the 9. Matt used to be a 10 but got knocked down 2 points for pathological lying.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Does anyone know the name / artist of the painting of a sitting dancer in JJs apartment? I used to own a copy when I was younger but I can't remember its name. The painting is in the comic as well.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Foggy is at best a 2

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Renoistic posted:

Does anyone know the name / artist of the painting of a sitting dancer in JJs apartment? I used to own a copy when I was younger but I can't remember its name. The painting is in the comic as well.

Can you post a screenshot of it?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zzulu posted:

Foggy is at best a 2

No need to be both mean and wrong.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

BiggerBoat posted:

Can you post a screenshot of it?

It was harder than I though....

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 7, 2016

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Marci is definitely the 7 to Karen's 8.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Marci is hotter than Karen - though I think it's more down to Marci's confidence and attitude than looks.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

I think I'd prefer Karen, since she can ice a motherfucker if needed.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Renoistic posted:

It was harder than I though....

It's called "Seated Woman with Bent Knee" by Egon Schiele.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

10 Beers posted:

It's called "Seated Woman with Bent Knee" by Egon Schiele.

Many thanks!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

tsob posted:

Marci is hotter than Karen - though I think it's more down to Marci's confidence and attitude than looks.

So in the Ladies of Netflix Marvel scale that seems to be being formed here, where do Elektra, Jessica, Claire, and Trish factor in?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Six people being ranked is too much like hard work, given I hadn't even considered the original till I saw the thread.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

tsob posted:

Marci is hot

wrong

tsob posted:

Marci is hotter than Karen

even wronger

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Jesus guys, grow up.

Stick or Nobu?