Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Veotax posted:

I don't mean that the story is a waste because it's a prequel, I meant that it didn't show or tell us anything new, like getting to see what Jason was like as Robin or something. Instead it's just a story about Batgirl stopping the Joker, it doesn't add anything to the overall Arkham story. It just feels like a waste of time.

Jason should have been Robin, and Batgirl should have been a combo of Batman and Nightwing's fighting style with some unique combos. I was really disappointed with the fact that none of the DLC characters outside of the ones featured in City had any special combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Small patch with a freeflow combat speed fix out now.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I've had this game w/ season pass since launch on my PS 4, and am working thru new game plus now and have already got all 240 or so riddler trophies on my first run. However, since I'm married it means sharing play time with the wife on the TV so I gambled with my money and bought the premium edition on Steam. I figured I'd get a refund if I was unlucky. But holy poo poo this game is running amazing! Constant 50-60fps with everything turned up except AA because I'm using Sweetfx-reshade for that, and it's a whole different game. Just the increased frame rate alone from ps4 makes playing this game so smooth and fun, and the batmobile handles like a dream!

And since I love riddler trophies I don't mind getting all of them again. Maybe I'm weird like that but I'm such a whore for batman I don't care about collectathon bullshit. I'm the problem with video games today.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I kinda liked just hunting around for the boring crap and then going off to do a most wanted mission for some punch catharsis.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I kinda liked just hunting around for the boring crap and then going off to do a most wanted mission for some punch catharsis.

That's pretty much me. Handling batman himself (and now his car) is enough of a joy and reward that collecting these trophies is fun. Not saying there aren't better uses of my time, but this is the game I have and I can enjoy it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Haha Catwoman's Revenge is insanely difficult.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Is it harder than taking down dent in Arkham City? Because that poo poo was pretty tedious.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fargin Icehole posted:

Is it harder than taking down dent in Arkham City? Because that poo poo was pretty tedious.

Waaaay harder. It's a fight against like 50 Riddler bots but the floor gets progressively more electrified until you're fighting on 4 tiny tiles. It's almost impossible to do anything without touching the electricity at that point as you fly around all over the place. Oh and there are 2 laser beams moving around the arena.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Also the counter indicator blends into the green tinge everywhere so you might keep getting whiffed because of that.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Waaaay harder. It's a fight against like 50 Riddler bots but the floor gets progressively more electrified until you're fighting on 4 tiny tiles. It's almost impossible to do anything without touching the electricity at that point as you fly around all over the place. Oh and there are 2 laser beams moving around the arena.
It gets much easier (near the end) when you don't actually move her around at all and just let her direct her movement through punches and kicks.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

This isn't too hard once you know the trick: speed. Don't do anything fancy, not even takedowns as they take time. Simply punch and counter and bounce around the map as fast as possible. On my third try I was able to take down every robot before the floors finish getting electrified.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Yep, its a fight that rewards the most basic of attack patterns. Counter, punch, kick - that's all you need.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I worked that out and beat it.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
It took me a lot of tries to beat that part but I managed it. I couldn't tell whether doing special combo takedowns made the fight easier or was taking too much time.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Telltale Batman setting up some hype

http://comicsalliance.com/telltale-batman-details-sxsw/

quote:

Telltale’s Batman writers Nick Herman and Pierre Shorette were joined by executive producer TQ Jefferson, CEO Kevin Bruner, and head of creative communications Job Stauffer on the panel. This upcoming game will attempt to get to the core of who Bruce Wayne is, and while there’s no set ratio of Bruce:Batman in place, the team is trying to make it more about Bruce. You will however get some say in which of the Dark Knight’s personas deal with certain decisions. This will in turn impact later elements, a staple of the Telltale formula, and help shape your own personal version of Gotham City.

While you can’t completely avoid being Batman or Bruce for the entirety of the game, Telltale’s Batman will still let you play each version of the character how you wish. Want to stay silent as Batman and just be an imposing creature of the night? You’ll be able to do that. Want to make Batman a chatty detective who monologues people into submission? The choice is yours.
Brunner also shed some light on the design of the game, explaining that Telltale’s Batman would debut a lot of new technology for the developer’s upcoming library. “It’s an evolution creatively and technologically,” Brunner said. The team is pulling from the character’s rich 75 year history to inform the look of the world, which Stauffer said will look like a comic come to life. Creators like Jim Lee, Greg Capullo, Neal Adams, Adam Kubert, and Bob Kane are inspiring the look and feel of Gotham, but when the game arrives it will still be a wholly unique Batman that is undeniably Telltale’s.

It sounds like it's going for an M rating, I see myself getting the season pass for it, something I havn't done since Wolf Among Us.

Anyway I think April 14th was that hidden Penguin wall easteregg you guys were talking about, right? Arkham's taking a lot of space on the harddrive but I won't clear it until then.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
So I bought the premium edition of the PC version (found it cheap on eBay) and I did a performance test with my GTX 750 Ti, according to the benchmark it runs at around 60 FPS on average, but the main game only clocks at 30 FPS, no GameWorks enchancements were turned on.

I would feel even more disappointed if the game ran even slower, but so far it's running okay. The refresh rate though is ugh.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I finally finished up all the Riddler bullshit for this game the other day. All I can say about that poo poo-tastic ending is that at least the bar for Batman-related disappointment has been set so low for me that I will probably enjoy that new movie regardless of how bad it is.
Oddly, I liked pretty much all of the sidequests but almost none of the main quest line, and the Season of Infamy DLC was a pretty good add-on.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Junior Jr. posted:

So I bought the premium edition of the PC version (found it cheap on eBay) and I did a performance test with my GTX 750 Ti, according to the benchmark it runs at around 60 FPS on average, but the main game only clocks at 30 FPS, no GameWorks enchancements were turned on.

I would feel even more disappointed if the game ran even slower, but so far it's running okay. The refresh rate though is ugh.

I don't know if you're using the in-game benchmark testing, but if you are, you should not pay it any attention whatsoever, it has nothing to do with how well the game actually plays. It is a total bushel of lies. (at least it was earlier on, maybe it's been fixed?)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 29, 2016

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

redbackground posted:

I don't know if you're using the in-game benchmark testing, but if you are, you should not pay it any attention whatsoever, it has nothing to do with how well the game actually plays. It is a total bushel of lies. (at least it was earlier on, maybe it's been fixed?)

Does that go for the other benchmark tests in City and Origins?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Junior Jr. posted:

Does that go for the other benchmark tests in City and Origins?
Don't know, sorry.

Knight's is/was all hosed up at launch. I haven't gone back to see if it was patched since I first got the game (since there was literally no reason to), so maybe someone has better info on that.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 29, 2016

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

raditts posted:

I finally finished up all the Riddler bullshit for this game the other day. All I can say about that poo poo-tastic ending is that at least the bar for Batman-related disappointment has been set so low for me that I will probably enjoy that new movie regardless of how bad it is.
Oddly, I liked pretty much all of the sidequests but almost none of the main quest line, and the Season of Infamy DLC was a pretty good add-on.

I'm generally down on this game, but I think AK was still better than BVS. That's a bridge too far.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Folks have found some weird unused areas in the game, such as a prop storage room/dock below the studios. I'm hoping there'll be another Rocksteady-patented unfindable easter egg.

On the other hand:https://twitter.com/Seftonhill/status/644287925098819585

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 29, 2016

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
If the benchmark test is a lie, I'm guessing the 'GeForce Experience' barely makes a difference.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

redbackground posted:

Do you have vsync off and the frame limiter set to 60?

I'd say 60 at 1080p might be a little bit of a tall order for a 750ti though, regardless. Probably benchmark inaccuracy.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

Folks have found some weird unused areas in the game, such as a prop storage room/dock below the studios. I'm hoping there'll be another Rocksteady-patented unfindable easter egg.

On the other hand:https://twitter.com/Seftonhill/status/644287925098819585

Like I'm gonna trust anything that guy says anymore

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Chasiubao posted:

Like I'm gonna trust anything that guy says anymore

Just wait till they 'leak' something new they obviously patched into their previous game like with the Calendar Man in Arkham City, something tells they weren't fully done with Batman in the last Arkham Insider video anyways.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wasn't there some hidden room in one of the DLC maps?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Wasn't there some hidden room in one of the DLC maps?

Yeah, with the 4-25. I think everyone's just waiting for April 25 to come around to see what's up because there's no indication of anything else to go forward with.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I hope this is their last Arkham game. Or they announce a Superman game.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Crows Turn Off posted:

Or they announce a Superman game.

Oh yeah I can see that going well. :smuggo:

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Junior Jr. posted:

Oh yeah I can see that going well. :smuggo:

Them doing a Superman game is the worst kept secret in gaming. It is like Bethesda was doing a Fallout 4.

I do look forward to seeing what they have in store for a Superman game since it is a hard character to translate into gaming.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Djarum posted:

Them doing a Superman game is the worst kept secret in gaming. It is like Bethesda was doing a Fallout 4.

I do look forward to seeing what they have in store for a Superman game since it is a hard character to translate into gaming.

Luthor's covered Metropolis in a kryptonite fog and the only way Superman can survive is driving a tank around.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

ayn rand hand job posted:

Luthorman, a completely new and original character, has covered Metropolis in a kryptonite fog and the only way Superman can find out his identity is by driving a tank around.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Junior Jr. posted:

If the benchmark test is a lie, I'm guessing the 'GeForce Experience' barely makes a difference.

When the game initially came out and everybody else was having horrible problems with it, the geforce settings gave me a very good mixture of quality visuals and performance and it ran fine for me. When Rocksteady patched it up to run better for everybody else, the geforce settings suggested I turn everything to low. Instead I just ignored it and used the same settings with better textures and it ran just as fine as it had before :shrug:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I don't see a superman game really working unless they move him off earth early on. Send him to Warworld or Apokolips or whatever. Powering down superman is the lamest device. Power up his enemies instead.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Djarum posted:

In theory it's not hard if you take the Hulk Ultimate Destruction route and let the player feel super all the way through the game, but also make them care about not causing collateral damage on earth and saving people. Of course, any Superman game now would probably have DC sitting on your chest until you make it more like the current incarnations or like the current films as "audiences don't like a Steve Reeves nice guy. They want Prototype".

Also I don't trust Rocksteady right now to not go half crazy with races coming off from Arkham Knight either. Fly through the hoops to earn Super Points to remember all your super powers!

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Rocksteady: "You wanted us to make a Superman game? I thought you said Supermom! Classic mix up!"

Supermom has to drive her kids to soccer practice, and her minivan just happens to transform into a tank.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Crows Turn Off posted:

I hope this is their last Arkham game. Or they announce a Superman game.

There will never be a good Superman game.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Crabtree posted:

In theory it's not hard if you take the Hulk Ultimate Destruction route and let the player feel super all the way through the game, but also make them care about not causing collateral damage on earth and saving people. Of course, any Superman game now would probably have DC sitting on your chest until you make it more like the current incarnations or like the current films as "audiences don't like a Steve Reeves nice guy. They want Prototype".

Also I don't trust Rocksteady right now to not go half crazy with races coming off from Arkham Knight either. Fly through the hoops to earn Super Points to remember all your super powers!

They would avoid the rings and make it more of an in universe kind of thing.

Who wouldn't want to have a footrace with Flash? Just have 20 races around metropolis, also Flash is too busy preparing the races to help out in the plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Superman Returns had a really solid foundation for a good Superman game honestly. It needed improvement but the flying felt really solid and Superman actually had impact to him, plus they had a good idea for how to deal with invulnerability, it just suffered from lovely mission design and tiny enemy variety and such.

The fight against Mongul in Metropolis is probably the best attempt at a Superman villain boss fight to date.

• Locked thread