Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

Bobnumerotres posted:

in ds3 they put a lot of varied, powerful weapons near the start of the game. glad they learned, doing a bumrush for your real weapon in bloodborne kind of sucked
heck yeah gotta beat the game with ludwigs so i can start my scythe character!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh dang I forgot I I left moon presence alive on my skill/blt character need to use that scythe

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

it really feels like they expected people to do multiple NG+ cycles to experience various weapons and chalices, but people seem to typically just roll new characters

typically the people who roll new characters are the ones who complain.....i have utilized ng+ to play through the game with every weapon at least once and its as awesome as you scaredy baby losers who stick to ng suspect it to be. the burial blade is my favorite because it has the highest rally and you can pair it with three rally runes to turn your playthrough from cautiously avoiding big enemies to recklessly rushing into attacks that take 80% of your health and getting it all back in one combo.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my thesis on Arcane: the definition of "arcane" is "mysterious, secret, and understood by few." i hope this clears up the design decisions regarding the arcane stat

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i usually do completely different characters between runs, so my stats aren't at all close to what i would need for the next weapon i'm running, and i don't feel like leveling to 200. but maybe it's because the video game scares me.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'm partial to the good old blood rapture/oedon writhe combo myself

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

typically the people who roll new characters are the ones who complain.....i have utilized ng+ to play through the game with every weapon at least once and its as awesome as you scaredy baby losers who stick to ng suspect it to be. the burial blade is my favorite because it has the highest rally and you can pair it with three rally runes to turn your playthrough from cautiously avoiding big enemies to recklessly rushing into attacks that take 80% of your health and getting it all back in one combo.
this is what i did. both ng+ and burial blade.

big ol' scared baby to fight ludwig at NG+3 tho

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

frank.club posted:

The only build I haven't done is an arcane one and I can't really imagine making it from the start. Whats the most immediate offensive magic spell?
You can get a crescent fire gem quite early by going gascoigne and bsb. Ludwigs holy blade has decent arc scaling too, but requires some str and skl.

Also, your viscerals will suck if you don't level str or skill

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive started 50 characters in bloodborne and done the same thing with all of them: axe -> kirkhammer. then the dlc came out and its axe -> hammer -> grinder

altho the moonlight greatsword is so cool it made me want to start an ARC char and i never got around to it

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive started 50 characters in bloodborne and done the same thing with all of them: axe -> kirkhammer. then the dlc came out and its axe -> hammer -> grinder

altho the moonlight greatsword is so cool it made me want to start an ARC char and i never got around to it
It's what i did on my arcane character when i reached 50 arc. It's sweet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

I think NG is harder than NG+ which is why I usually just want to play new characters

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Vulich the Subtle posted:

this is what i did. both ng+ and burial blade.

big ol' scared baby to fight ludwig at NG+3 tho

hosed him up on NG+3 with his own sword. Have faith.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

going through the game again with a developed character and everything is exactly the same is really really boring

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

going through the game again with a developed character and everything is exactly the same is really really boring

I think it owns, tbqh.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

you're missing out on a lot sweet rear end weapons

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i only like slamming things with big strength weapons in virtually any game where i have the option

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

I think NG is harder than NG+ which is why I usually just want to play new characters

ng++++++ is best because u do tons of damage but pretty much everything kills u in two hits so all combat becomes a beautiful dance macabre.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ng+7 at any soul level is much harder than ng sl4

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

never done ng+7 in any souls game before. hell I've never completed a ng+2 run

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SciFiDownBeat posted:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I solo'd on ds1 until I gave up on ng+4 O&S

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SciFiDownBeat posted:

ive done ng+2 dark souls II and some areas to ng+7 with ascetics but i dont think i have the patience for it. it probably gets absurdly difficult by the end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also im gonna wrap up my bowblade playthrough without doing the dlc. i ended up not really liking the moveset after all that effort so im just running to the end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

also im gonna wrap up my bowblade playthrough without doing the dlc. i ended up not really liking the moveset after all that effort so im just running to the end

tfw

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

In Training posted:

same here, my last 5 characters all ended the same way- kill gehrman (or most recently just mergo's wet nurse cause I wantes to keep enjoying the dream's sweet background music), then I'll run around for hours and hours ringing the coop bell helping noobs on bosses. I've only done a entire NG+ once. I really like having the entire world opened up to me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im having fun with gehrmann being a tough boss fight again. since the dlc came out im always like level 100 and walk in with a +10 dlc weapon and wipe teh floor with his rear end but im super fragile (my vit is still 10)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

My highest level char is 189 and ha ds literally never beaten the game (Not from ullillillia stuff, just a result of that being my chalice platinum trophy dude)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ifi had a genie lamp I'd wish for him to make it so I can travel back to NG after entering NG+ and respawn all tbd bosses whenever I wanted even if they gave no echoes or insight and I could just bounce back and forth (like Diablo 2 and it's normal/nightmare/hell difficulties)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sorry if I seen a little negative my rear end is still chapped from a year ago when my souls virgin rear end beat gerhman even tho I still had some loose ends to take care of not knowing the game would drag me kicking and screaming into ng+...... :(:(;(((

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

Yeah dude the bowblade is great as like a secondary weapon but it doesn't seem like it would be that fun if you used it as your main weapon all the time.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Sorry if I seen a little negative my rear end is still chapped from a year ago when my souls virgin rear end beat gerhman even tho I still had some loose ends to take care of not knowing the game would drag me kicking and screaming into ng+...... :(:(;(((

being forced into ng+ is the only genuinely bad idea in the franchise

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in ds3 when you kill the final boss, you have to interact with something for the final cutscene but you can just leave and pick up everything you missed on that playthrough

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

in ds3 when you kill the final boss, you have to interact with something for the final cutscene but you can just leave and pick up everything you missed on that playthrough

also theres a "do you want to proceed to ng+?" prompt after the credits

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

also theres a "do you want to proceed to ng+?" prompt after the credits

nice, hope I choose correctly when I hit that screen and it's all retarded japanese scribble language

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

nice, hope I choose correctly when I hit that screen and it's all retarded japanese scribble language
はい <いいえ>

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

The only Japanese I can recognize is Yes and No so I would have done ok there

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Vulich the Subtle posted:

はい <いいえ>

left has to be no.... i feel it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

left has to be no.... i feel it.

Wrong bitch!!! Feel the pain

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
guess ill have to....sigh......play the gane again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I've mostly gotten by on just memorizing the layouts of the menus and defaulting to whatever dialogue choice is auto selected. nearly all of my npcs are dead or asking to die, lol