Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

That reminds me, I got about three episodes into it before that happened. Anyone know any good Risk of Rain LPs that aren't objectionable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

he hosed a drunk woman iirc so that actually is rape pretty much

in his words "he forced a lady to gently caress him, there its now all on the table"

dude was a loving creepazoid weirdo and flipped out when people didn't take his rape confession with "good job for confessing, ya did it"

anyway in actual recommendation, Smite's LP of Enviromental Space Station is really good. he got the dev on for a couple of videos and now he's getting speedrunners to talk about how they do runs, go check it out.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
There was a Dark Souls Soul Level 1 LP here about a year(?) ago that I have been trying and failing to track down.

Highlights include:

- Randomizing character appearance a bunch of times in succession to end up with a violently ill-looking shade of green skin
- Killing Havel by doing barehanded parries in one attempt
- Co-commentator mildly freaking out when he saw the aforementioned

Be nice to go back and watch it/more of it now that I've finally played DS for myself, so I can better appreciate the nonsense/skill. If it's in the SA archives, that's my problem, but I'd appreciate knowing either way. Does anybody here know one way or the other?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Che Delilas posted:

There was a Dark Souls Soul Level 1 LP here about a year(?) ago that I have been trying and failing to track down.

Highlights include:

- Randomizing character appearance a bunch of times in succession to end up with a violently ill-looking shade of green skin
- Killing Havel by doing barehanded parries in one attempt
- Co-commentator mildly freaking out when he saw the aforementioned

Be nice to go back and watch it/more of it now that I've finally played DS for myself, so I can better appreciate the nonsense/skill. If it's in the SA archives, that's my problem, but I'd appreciate knowing either way. Does anybody here know one way or the other?

Unless you're thinking of a different LP, the person doing the Dark Souls SL1 LP left the forums after it got out that he had faked being a cancer survivor to earn sympathy and was also mentally abusing his girlfriend. He was incredibly unstable at the time.

I guess all of Let's Play's old shames are getting pulled out of moth balls tonight. :(

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

Che Delilas posted:

That's Ritcheyz's LP (speaking of goon drama :sweatdrop: ), playlist here. Never finished as you might imagine, but he did the good half.

As far as "funny people playing bad games" go, I don't know what they're doing now, but Men Drinkin' Coffee had their moments and did Ride to Hell and some other games.

Edit: ^ I hadn't heard the "faking cancer" bit, geez!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
new generation of LPers, new generation of drama

back in my day the worst we had was drama queens taking their ball and going to youtube, or roleplaying as pokemon :bahgawd:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

new generation of LPers, new generation of drama

back in my day the worst we had was drama queens taking their ball and going to youtube, or roleplaying as pokemon :bahgawd:

That guy was legit having a rough time when he made that LP though. It was weird, but it also sounded like he needed some escapism

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Any recommendations of extremely difficult games being LP'd by someone very knowledgeable that enjoys the bullshit rather than rages at it? The kind of games that most people don't even find fun to try play because they're so hard.

I just got done with the Wizards 4 LP by CrookedB and I'm patiently waiting for more videos by Many A True Nerd on the Fallout 4 survival mode that just came out. (OK a bit light, but It's actually insanely difficult by Bethesda standards and his absurdly researched knowledge and genuine enthusiasm sells it)

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Powerfrog posted:

Any recommendations of extremely difficult games being LP'd by someone very knowledgeable that enjoys the bullshit rather than rages at it? The kind of games that most people don't even find fun to try play because they're so hard.

I just got done with the Wizards 4 LP by CrookedB and I'm patiently waiting for more videos by Many A True Nerd on the Fallout 4 survival mode that just came out. (OK a bit light, but It's actually insanely difficult by Bethesda standards and his absurdly researched knowledge and genuine enthusiasm sells it)

Melth's 'God-Emperor of Romankind: Civ 2 Deity Difficulty Run looks to be right down your alley. He cranks it up to the hardest possible difficulty and breaks it over his knee, all the while enlightening the audience as to the how and why.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

You might enjoy AccountingNightmare's LPs of Devil May Cry 1 to 4. Smite's playthrough of Rogue Legacy also goes in this direction, particularly once he gets into NG+ and beyond.

And while the game in itself is not especially hard, the Final Fantasy V challenge megathread has various users playing through FFV under difficult restrictions while explaining their respective strategies. Worth a look if you don't mind screenshot LPs.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Erg posted:

That guy was legit having a rough time when he made that LP though. It was weird, but it also sounded like he needed some escapism

okay okay roleplaying as ecco then 'cause i'm pretty sure it ended up being that trin tragula was not just fuckin' around with that one

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Man I am glad my lp breakdown was being lazy.

Ahem. Anyways random question but any good lp on YouTube I can watch on my tablet in bed as I go to sleep? Also any star wars lps?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

JordanKai posted:

Unless you're thinking of a different LP, the person doing the Dark Souls SL1 LP left the forums after it got out that he had faked being a cancer survivor to earn sympathy and was also mentally abusing his girlfriend. He was incredibly unstable at the time.

I guess all of Let's Play's old shames are getting pulled out of moth balls tonight. :(

Neither of those claims were true, but he definitely was unstable at the time. It seems like he's gotten his act together recently though, which was nice to hear when I found out.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

ChaosArgate posted:

Neither of those claims were true, but he definitely was unstable at the time. It seems like he's gotten his act together recently though, which was nice to hear when I found out.
Pls stop with the incessant factposting, you're making it hard for us to feel superior.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ahem. Anyways random question but any good lp on YouTube I can watch on my tablet in bed as I go to sleep?

Research Indicate's Trespasser LP lulled me to sleep several times while I was sick, not due to it being boring but because it's super chill.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Samuel Clemens posted:

And while the game in itself is not especially hard, the Final Fantasy V challenge megathread has various users playing through FFV under difficult restrictions while explaining their respective strategies. Worth a look if you don't mind screenshot LPs.
oh, that's still going? I thought it ended a while ago

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Yeah, that guy seems like an okay dude and he's really on a better path now. He was just having a lot of personal problems/struggling with alcoholism and was lashing out and being self-destructive. :ohdear: I'm so glad he's doing better.

Let's Play seems to attract a lot of lost and sad people honestly. :(

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Lacedaemonius posted:

Pls stop with the incessant factposting, you're making it hard for us to feel superior.

I heard that guy spent huge amounts of time playing and recording video games for the entertainment of idiots on an ancient internet comedy forum, and paid for the privilege of sharing his videos with them. Sounds dangerous.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Man I am glad my lp breakdown was being lazy.

Ahem. Anyways random question but any good lp on YouTube I can watch on my tablet in bed as I go to sleep? Also any star wars lps?

Yeah, man, Lazyfire did a rad LP of Star Wars: Republic Commando recently: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3754178

I've got nothing for vids to fall asleep to, though.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

bunnyofdoom posted:

The Void by CannibalK9 is really soothing. Weird as hell game, great LP.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

VoidBurger posted:

Let's Play seems to attract a lot of lost and sad people honestly. :(

Yeah, people do tend to use videogames and the activity of making videos about them as a form of escapism.

Bellophon
Sep 26, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

I find most of Bobbin Threadbare's stuff to be easy to fall asleep to, especially if you're listening more than watching.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Nihilarian posted:

Well there's, like, maybe two that update quite rarely, but technically! :v:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Bellophon posted:

I find most of Bobbin Threadbare's stuff to be easy to fall asleep to, especially if you're listening more than watching.

Especially the Thief games, he's just perfect for them. Rogue Galaxy was good too.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Nihilarian posted:

It's pretty much done, but a couple of people are still updating slowly and I'm not really in a rush to end it as long as people still want to update. Plus it may pick back up with new runs soon since we're getting close to Four Job Fiesta season.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
There was a goon who did a let's play of board games including betrayal at the house on the hill and Hero-quest.

Anyone remember who?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Herr Tog posted:

There was a goon who did a let's play of board games including betrayal at the house on the hill and Hero-quest.

Anyone remember who?

The T

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744855

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Thank you so much

Posted Said
May 28, 2015

Mega64 posted:

While we're on the subject, can anyone recommend some great Let's Play meltdowns?

Not quite what you're asking for, but there's a great video where Werster (a hosed-in-the-head Australian speedrunner) watches an AGDQ speedrun of a Sonic game and becomes pants-shitingly angry with the runner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLWu4V56q10

Also, someone seems to have made a playlist of him losing his temper whilst playing various games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBP7YnQpWOY

There was also a video with him that I saw a while ago (can't seem to find it now, though) where he paused some puzzle game he was streaming and had an argument with his mother about how much his brother hates him that he didn't even care about people hearing.

Powerfrog posted:

Are there any really good LPs with obviously scripted and rehearsed commentary, for the majority of the LP? I've only seen a couple like that but they tend to be interesting.

Chip Cheezum does a lot of research for the games he LPs, not scripted, though. There are a lot of AGDQ videos where the speedrunners (or the people on the couch) offer commentary on what they're doing.

quote:

Lots of people accused him of cheating in some subtle impossible to prove way, and the incident pretty much forced everyone to start playing on the console rather than emulators to avoid being assumed cheaters.

lol, wasn't Werster one of those people?

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Yeah I think werster was the main guy people looked to comment on it as he held the previous WR and was the loudest most obnoxious personality in the scene. I can't recall if anyone bluntly called out anything but Werster and other top runners certainty didn't go out of their way to dissuade the general doubt people had, despite it being pretty drat clear the run was legit to anyone that knew their poo poo.

I just watched that sonic video, god what a douche. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. Werster runs sonic so I guess the context is that he wasn't invited to SGDQ and was jealous?

Posted Said
May 28, 2015

Powerfrog posted:

I just watched that sonic video, god what a douche. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. Werster runs sonic so I guess the context is that he wasn't invited to SGDQ and was jealous?

I can't remember the context behind that video, but Werster has actually been officially banned from AGDQ. Nobody other than Werster and the AGDQ staff actually knows why he was banned, though.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Has anyone ever done a Dynasty Warriors LP?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Has anyone ever done a Dynasty Warriors LP?

Someone's doing Hyrule Warriors right now, if you're interested in licensed Warriors LPs.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can anyone suggest a good, amusing LP of any of the Souls/Bloodborne games? Preferably something blind where they have fun and elarn from their mistakes without being too "wacky"?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verranicus posted:

Can anyone suggest a good, amusing LP of any of the Souls/Bloodborne games? Preferably something blind where they have fun and elarn from their mistakes without being too "wacky"?

Slowbeef has about 80 videos in his and he is honest to god one of the best Dark Souls LPrs I've seen, if you like it, he's done literally every game from Demon Souls up to Bloodborne.

https://www.youtube.com/user/slowbeef/playlists

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Geop's Dark Souls LP is one of the best LPs on the forum, period. Watch it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh yeah, 2nd to Geop, watch Geop's Dark Souls LP

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Bellophon posted:

I was just about to recommend his Thief playthroughs. Great high-skill playing, and really chill commentary style.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012

Powerfrog posted:

Samuel Clemens posted:

You might enjoy AccountingNightmare's LPs of Devil May Cry 1 to 4. Smite's playthrough of Rogue Legacy also goes in this direction, particularly once he gets into NG+ and beyond.

Marathonned the rogue legacy LP, that was really excellent. Unfortunately I've already seen the DMC LPs. I'll be sure to check out the FFV thread after I get done with the Civ 2 thread. I read SSLPs slow.

Any other VLPs of tough games? Maybe something else noteworthy Smite did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
You can try Chip's METAL GEAR REVENGEANCE if you liked the DMC ones.

Also mkob has been sodomizing God Hand. He's stupid good at the game.