Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
like if you remember THIS GEM!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

fartknocker posted:

Answering machines sucked cause too many had a long stupid song or the "We're not home" message was their youngest child and it sucked rear end.

Also, to keep this football related, my first memories of live games were basically this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbZYQNCHaos

Stick with it for at least the first two minutes just to see who sponsored the starting line ups...

Hershel Walker warning for fellow Vikings fans.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Ehud posted:

Like this post if you know what this is:

[picture of an answering machine]

When I was a kid my dad said something about having an answering machine at work. We didn't have one at home, and I hadn't ever heard of one, so my mental image of such a device was a robot that would pick up and answer the phone. My dad was real confused about my request to go to his office so that I could see his answering machine.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I remember when my parents would only let me use the cell phone after 9pm

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fenrir posted:

'sup Carter bro :respek:

Carter babies! :hfive:

40 is the new 25. Or some bullcrap like that.

I watched the original show...when it was live. It is a crime that the Greatest American Hero hasn't had a crappy 2010's reboot.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 8, 2016

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Silly Burrito posted:

Carter babies! :hfive:
:hfive:

Silly Burrito posted:

40 is the new 25. Or some bullcrap like that.
Except that everything hurts twice as much.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The theme song to Greatest American Hero still gets airplay.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

whiteyfats posted:

The theme song to Greatest American Hero still gets airplay.

As well it should.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I still have my DS Phat

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I bought the ole clam shell one because I was a fan of Nintendo and wanted to reward their innovation with my custom. Then like 3 days later the smaller DS came out and I was thinking... why didn't they just wait and release this version all along? Then 4 days later a better one than that came out, etcetera. Nintendo can lick a nut imo I'm too hardcore a gamer for that shizz *lighs a cigar*

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I have two Betamax machines in my basement.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Darth Brooks posted:

I have two Betamax machines in my basement.

:911:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Sophomore year of college Amazon rolled out the Mechanical Turk program and I spent loving WEEKS (like 6 or 7) clicking away for pennies at a time in my free time. I bought a DS with Mario Kart with it.

My roommate asked me why I didn't just get a job for like 2 weeks. Anyway that's my fat DS story. And it still works and is sitting next to me almost a decade later.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I used to watch Spice on Scramblevision

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sam bradford lmao posted:

I used to watch Spice on Scramblevision

Same but the Playboy Channel.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ehud posted:

Like this post if you know what this is:

[picture of an answering machine]

High speed vhs rewinders.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

effectual posted:

High speed vhs rewinders.
Remember when recording poo poo on VHS was a thing

when I was a kid I recorded Legends of the Hidden Temple religiously

(I exclusively supported the Red Jaguars, because Jaguars)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I watched the Mario Bros movie on laser disc

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

JT Jag posted:

Remember when recording poo poo on VHS was a thing

when I was a kid I recorded Legends of the Hidden Temple religiously

(I exclusively supported the Red Jaguars, because Jaguars)

Silver Snakes bitch

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
remember that family member that recorded loving everything their entire life and had a gigantic room full of vhs tapes with movie names written on the side in sharpie? lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Volkerball posted:

remember that family member that recorded loving everything their entire life and had a gigantic room full of vhs tapes with movie names written on the side in sharpie? lol

My aunt and uncle had an entire shelf full of VHS tapes with HBO movies recorded on them. I don't know how my cousins didn't get caught since several tapes were stopped at nude scenes :v:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Dango Bango posted:

My aunt and uncle had an entire shelf full of VHS tapes with HBO movies recorded on them. I don't know how my cousins didn't get caught since several tapes were stopped at nude scenes :v:

They knew.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Volkerball posted:

That was my mom and dad. If you need an episode of Night Court or want to see the special TV version of "Aliens," they have it somewhere.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I remember watching a Blockbuster rental of Adaptation with my family during the holidays in the early 2000s and my mom storming out of the living room as soon as bare titties were shown

E: It might have been a different movie but in any case Nicolas Cage was in it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
When my sister and I left the house in thr mid-2000s, my mom moved to a new place for the first time since like 1988.

I had to beg and plead with her to not bring her VHS tapes to the new place

no mom you don't need your tape of the oj verdict
no mom you don't need season 3 episodes 4 through 7 of Murphy Brown

She moved them all then threw them away a couple weeks later when she got around to unpacking them.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Febreeze posted:

I am of likely average age for this forum

Also the return of Sammy the Tortoise
http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/colin-kaepernick-negotiates-his-contract/

also hey Darth Brooks I finally got your post onto Uproxx, I think that SI link convinced them it could get clicks
http://uproxx.com/sports/nfl-as-rock-bands/

I hope they get a good response.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I was born in the middle of the Ford administration. Good ol' Gerald. I still have my Atari 400 tho, so that's cool.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Febreeze, when can I expect my Austin Collie researching concussions comic?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Rates drop then you think they were made of money!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sam bradford lmao posted:

I remember watching a Blockbuster rental of Adaptation with my family during the holidays in the early 2000s and my mom storming out of the living room as soon as bare titties were shown

E: It might have been a different movie but in any case Nicolas Cage was in it

My dad tried to fast forward through swears on VHS rentals. He could never time it right so we usually heard the swear and missed the dialog following it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Febreeze posted:

I am of likely average age for this forum

Also the return of Sammy the Tortoise
http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/colin-kaepernick-negotiates-his-contract/

also hey Darth Brooks I finally got your post onto Uproxx, I think that SI link convinced them it could get clicks
http://uproxx.com/sports/nfl-as-rock-bands/

The salt licks on the shelf :allears:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The first cell phone I ever bought had a major selling point of being able to store 25 contacts!

Before that all I had was a pager and didn't even deal drugs.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Volkerball posted:

This is almost my dad, but instead of movies, it's NFL Films (And also The Three Stooges) stuff taped off ESPN and whatever going back to 1982. It's actually cool to go back and see those half hour team highlight reels they've done ever year since forever, segments on the greatest teams and players with footage you don't see much anymore, or profiles of players that were big at the time that are barely remembered now, like Wendell Tyler or Wes Chandler. I miss Steve Sabol.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

fartknocker posted:

This is almost my dad, but instead of movies, it's NFL Films (And also The Three Stooges) stuff taped off ESPN and whatever going back to 1982. It's actually cool to go back and see those half hour team highlight reels they've done ever year since forever, segments on the greatest teams and players with footage you don't see much anymore, or profiles of players that were big at the time that are barely remembered now, like Wendell Tyler or Wes Chandler. I miss Steve Sabol.

My stepdad did that a little bit. I miss the documentaries about the greatest "follies" that showed all of Mark Sanchez's football forefathers.

edit: lmao. some things about this game never change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fGmPgS7Wp8

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 8, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Volkerball posted:

My stepdad did that a little bit. I miss the documentaries about the greatest "follies" that showed all of Mark Sanchez's football forefathers.

edit: lmao. some things about this game never change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fGmPgS7Wp8

That Stuart Smalley sweater :stare:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Surprisingly, the follies collections are about the only old NFL Films productions (Other than the half hour Super Bowl highlight films) that NFL Network replays with any regularity. Like, I want to say they show them opposite Monday Night Football or something like that.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wonder how may times Jerry Rice appears? 3? Less? I bet het he published himself with 7 hours of route running if he did.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They could do a whole episode of Football Follies on the ButtFumble alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

NC-17 posted:

They could do a whole episode of Football Follies on the ButtFumble alone.

only if you include the touchdowns right before and after it, too many people forget the buttfumble was bracketed with lesser incompetence to form a truly glorious poo poo sandwich

• Locked thread