Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Millions of Crows posted:

Tig Notarro is in this?

I was gonna go for Maria Bamford myself.

E: :69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Tig Notarro is in this?

I can't unsee it now.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Look what other movie released posters today:

lol

The magical crotch ray:

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

"Duhhhh... I forgot what I was going to say."

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Every time I see bad movie posters, I'm like 'How could Kiimo have let this happen??'. I don't care if it's fair or rational.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I'm not interested in the Warcraft movie but I am sad for Duncan Jones because it will definitely tank and hurt his career.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Palpek posted:

The magical crotch ray:

I hope that Princess Thalidomide there has got a man in her life, because she ain't going to be rubbin' the nubbin any time soon.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

This one's for you thread :patriot:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Palpek posted:

The magical crotch ray:

For just the briefest moment, I thought she was wearing an assless dress.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Slate Action posted:

I'm not interested in the Warcraft movie but I am sad for Duncan Jones because it will definitely tank and hurt his career.
It'll possibly dent his career but there's no way it won't make a fuckzillion Chinabucks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Palpek posted:

lol

The magical crotch ray:

This reminds me of that post where someone was bitching about some movie (Final Fantasy?) having awkward fighting or someone posting about awkward conversations or perhaps it was awkward facial expressions in movies where you've created everything from scratch. Like, why? Why does it look like he just mega-farted a blast ray that is destroying buildings in the background? Why is she trying to be awkward sexy like a model who doesn't know how to do it? Why is there lens flare highlighting her butthole? Why?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'm guessing that the awkward pose is on purpose because "we need a sexy lady on the poster", the fart explosion is there in the background because "we need an explosion on the poster" and the crotch ray is there because "we need a cool lens-flare on the poster". The rest is probably the incompetence of the higher-ups? Basically nobody goes "wait, I know that we want to make megabucks on this and I get where these ideas come from but this execution is loving terrible".

It also happens to another movie based on a game so maybe it's about not having the right contacts for the job and not caring enough to try harder because the game's fans will come see it anyway.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Jeez. I want to give the movie a chance, but the soldiers in the forground on the poster with that knight/paladin look like they're Warcraft 2 era renders.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hell yeah.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Aww poo poo, that's a nice tease.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

gently caress it. Why not?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Vaughn's actually directing it so I have faith that it won't be a lovely hateful cash grab like Kick Hyphen rear end 2.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You should have seen how fast everyone dropped Eddie the Eagle like a hot pan to jump on this. Like, everyone.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tig Notarro is in this?

i was about to post this

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I too have seen those lovely Minion memes on Facebook.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So guys I hear dogs are doofy and lovable and cats are smug arseholes and birds poo poo everywhere.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
: The Motion Picture

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's not how pet shaming works!

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want to punch all those pets in their stupid loving faces. Except wheels dog. He's probably been through enough.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

kiimo posted:

Welp. These are finished character banners to go along with our poster that isn't released yet. So we had a whole launch strategy for these but then some genius in our Singapore office loving tweeted them out to the world so I guess we're a go!

Agent 47 is a mutant?

kiimo posted:

You should have seen how fast everyone dropped Eddie the Eagle like a hot pan to jump on this. Like, everyone.

Who is 'everyone'? The actors, the poster makers in your company? Eddie Eagle looks good but I don't go out of my way for inspirational sports movies, I've seen plenty already. I'll try to catch it on cable some time though!

Happy page 1000.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Seeing this poster and this posted on the next page made me laugh.

kiimo posted:

Welp. These are finished character banners to go along with our poster that isn't released yet. So we had a whole launch strategy for these but then some genius in our Singapore office loving tweeted them out to the world so I guess we're a go!

Guy Mann posted:

: The Motion Picture

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Those are the most generic pet names ever

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Palpek posted:

lol

The magical crotch ray:

This is getting to the point that if this movie doesn't flop I'm gonna be annoyed.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Faking depth of field can be such a tricky fucker. Sometimes it works and other times it simply doesn't. I think it only works on the Beast poster, and the intended effect of giving it some depth and dynamism works.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Magneto just looks confused about his stubby fingers. Diggin' Nightcrawler though!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I just noticed Nightcrawler having xenomorph tail. Nice cross promotion, Fox.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guy Mann posted:

Vaughn's actually directing it so I have faith that it won't be a lovely hateful cash grab like Kick Hyphen rear end 2.

You are aware that Kick-rear end 2 the movie is based on Kick-rear end 2 the comic, and that the comic was being written before Kick-rear end was released?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Good to see Damien Sandow is getting more roles

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Jedit posted:

I hope that Princess Thalidomide there has got a man in her life, because she ain't going to be rubbin' the nubbin any time soon.

It's Varian's wife/Anduin's mom. That is her sum total contribution to the Warcraft story, and I don't think she even had a name before the movie.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

The MSJ posted:

I just noticed Nightcrawler having xenomorph tail. Nice cross promotion, Fox.

And Zoolander hair

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

I'm trying to picture someone who doesn't really know what Warcraft is walking past this poster and deciding that yes, this is a movie they would want to see.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

BonoMan posted:

And Zoolander hair

He's the only one where I can actually see any '80s influence, Nightcrawler as goth mall kid feels right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Did Jubilee get cut from the film?