Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

people got graphically murdered all the time in goosebumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

MisterAlex posted:

I just started watching Dragon Ball... I don't think it's supposed to be a children's show like I'd originally thought.

Did you really think there was no better way to get a screenshot of Dragon Ball

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
honestly i don't even think it's that dragon ball isn't a kids show, it's that anime and manga targeted at kids at the time really just did not give a poo poo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
every culture has different ideas of what is ok for kids

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ruggington posted:

Don't screenshot-shame.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm glad they're localizing Dreamcast's collar to blue for Europe. Nice little detail.

Why did Sega do that anyway, does Europe hate orange?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

HGH posted:

I'm glad they're localizing Dreamcast's collar to blue for Europe. Nice little detail.

Why did Sega do that anyway, does Europe hate orange?

legal stuff, i think

the existing logo looked too similar to an existing company's logo in europe so they made it blue

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Specifically, this company:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It's totally different now that it's blue :v:

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I will continue to post every 10-20 pages or so about the rumoured-to-exist non-anime Vita games.

Sidenote, I've been waiting years for the Ninja Gaidens to go on sale or drop in price. They may as well be anime.

(I already have three versions of 1 ... would be nifty to have a portable one, but not at full price.)

edit: in case you're still into the game and missed it, Derek Yu's Spelunky book is pretty great if you're interested in where it came from: https://bossfightbooks.com/products/spelunky-by-derek-yu

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 7, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

teethgrinder posted:

I will continue to post every 10-20 pages or so about the rumoured-to-exist non-anime Vita games.

Sidenote, I've been waiting years for the Ninja Gaidens to go on sale or drop in price. They may as well be anime.

XCOM vita isn't anime but you can name your soldiers after haruhi characters

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

civilization revolution+ has sexy versions of historical figures what could be more anime

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Ruggington posted:

Heh, sorry, of course not. I just snapped that while sitting comfortably and watching the show. I initially just took the picture to send to my friend who told me to watch the show, not to post here.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

voltcatfish posted:

get the gently caress out of this thread

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Heh. Typical of a Chie fan to taint good things.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CHIE-CHAN THAT WAS WONDERFUL

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Butt Ghost posted:

Heh. Typical of a Chie fan to taint good things.

Oh, so you admit Hard Girls is good. Okay, problem solved.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

say 何 again
say 何 one more time

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

CHIE-CHAN THAT WAS WONDERFUL

It's chie-senpai, nerd

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Chee-ay-chawn

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I have p4:g cart loaded in my Vita and cold steel on the HD but I'm not playing either of them. Do I have enough anime cred for this thread?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

darth cookie posted:

I have p4:g cart loaded in my Vita and cold steel on the HD but I'm not playing either of them. Do I have enough anime cred for this thread?

yeah you're good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

play the dang games!!!

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

My Vita is 75% a Spelunky machine ... still ... to this day, even with all the trophies.

10% Lumines. Another 10% Binding of Isaac.

Then 3%: Wipeout, TxK, Luftrausers, Monsters, Tearaway, La-Mulana, Resogun, Zanac X Zanac

2%: Persona 3 & 4, Corpse Party, Dragon's Crown, DOA5, Blazblue...

Also a pile of other stuff that is probably great but I've possibly never even opened.

...so 2% anime as gently caress.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
At least 90% of that is anime, the other 10% is poo poo

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I forgot I had this. I should play it more. *ejects p4:g*

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

darth cookie posted:

I forgot I had this. I should play it more. *ejects p4:g*
For me it was always "it's pretty good, and a neat redesign" ... but it's just not as slick and quick to play as PS3 Wipeout.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

teethgrinder posted:

My Vita is 75% a Spelunky machine ... still ... to this day, even with all the trophies.

10% Lumines. Another 10% Binding of Isaac.

Then 3%: Wipeout, TxK, Luftrausers, Monsters, Tearaway, La-Mulana, Resogun, Zanac X Zanac

2%: Persona 3 & 4, Corpse Party, Dragon's Crown, DOA5, Blazblue...

Also a pile of other stuff that is probably great but I've possibly never even opened.

...so 2% anime as gently caress.

are you suggesting derek yu's spelunky is not anime

i'll let him know

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I think it's subject to interpretation. It walks a thin line.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Romancing SaGa 2 is finally coming overseas... Except the Vita version isn't!

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/romancing-saga-2-coming-west-smartphones

Time to go complain to Square, everybody. No, really, I've waited like 15 years to play RomSaga 2 in English do it.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Is there a way to skip cutscenes in FFXHD that I'm missing? Long cutscene before a hard boss is sapping away all my desire to finish this game.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

no

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Megalixir posted:

Also Amazon.jp no longer ships games internationally so I hope people got their orders in when they did.

Is this the case for everything? I put in an order for the Vita version of PSO2 yesterday and they accepted the order (When I was searching for it I even filtered the search for products that were Amazon Global eligible and it showed up in the results), so I'm wondering if they are still shipping some games internationally or if I'm going to get an email at some point saying my order is cancelled so I need to order from somewhere else.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

That's unfortunate. Thanks

Guess I'll grind for a bit to ensure I only have to rewatch that cutscene one more time.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Vita xcom is quite anime

https://store.playstation.com/#!/es-mx/juegos/xcom-enemy-unknown-plus/cid=UP1001-PCSE00656_00-XCOMENEMYUNKPLUS
Even without the Guile hair. Why no guile hair.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The most baffling decision in the HD remaster

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hamsterlady posted:

Is there a way to skip cutscenes in FFXHD that I'm missing? Long cutscene before a hard boss is sapping away all my desire to finish this game.

Yunalesca or Seymour at the top of Mt. Gagazet?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Sakurazuka posted:

Yunalesca or Seymour at the top of Mt. Gagazet?

Seymour at the top of the mountain.

edit: and I killed him

Hamsterlady fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah my 'trick' for that was have every character with a decent Overdrive at full and wail on him. The only actual trick part was that you have to wait for the harder second phase before you go full bore.