Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Stringbean posted:

I'm going to get it, because I'm broken and love the IFR. This is another one, but with JJs.

It looks cool as hell, I'll give it that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

armchairyoda posted:

The only one I could see as remotely fun has 4 mg's and 5 spl's.

Am I just not seeing the pod tonnage? What's it got, 8/9 tons?

7.5, which means that it'll need negative quirks to balance out such a massive payload for a 40 ton mech.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
My best BJ-1X round so far...

I've been legging everything. People get so wrapped up in bigger mechs, I can just strip off their legs so easily.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Stringbean posted:

Even then the Arrow ain't Archer bad. It can still mount 3 LPL in the ST/CT.

... He made a post about how he picked up the Archer for MC and that he put 3lpl on it and it was amazing. He meant to type Arrow. I was just correcting him. That wasn't me being smarmy, he actually bought an Arrow and just got the name wrong.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

... He made a post about how he picked up the Archer for MC and that he put 3lpl on it and it was amazing. He meant to type Arrow. I was just correcting him. That wasn't me being smarmy, he actually bought an Arrow and just got the name wrong.

His post was like 2 pages back, I may have skim read the posts and missed where he said "OP" instead and had thought he was talking about something else.

I pieced it together afterwards but figured "why go back and waste time correcting myself when the conversation had already passed"

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
My job of confusing the thread on Archer or Arrow is complete.

The Arrow is still bullshit and shits on everything, or do I mean Archer?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Super 3 posted:

You stop it right this instant!

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Super 3 posted:

You mean the Arrow because the Archer isnt very good and shits on nothing.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The only thing the Archer shits on is the people that bought one.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

Great Beer posted:

You mean the Arrow because the Archer isnt very good and shits on nothing.

played it alot last night. I feel like there are a couple of quasi-gimmick srm builds that can be fun. other than that, you're looking at a 70ton energy boat with weird hitboxes and an XL engine. It's a big 'meh', but imo far from being a complete trashshit mech.

edit: disregard this post, im just an idiot nerd in denial

Blackdog420 fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 7, 2016

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I bought a Vindicator this morning, because gently caress it. If I like IFR maybe the vindicator won't be too bad, right? The 1AA isn't bad, considering you can mount a XL280 and get dual PPC and 2 medium lasers on it. Am I doing shitloads of damage? No. Averaging about 300-400 a match, so far. Is it fun? Sure! You can corner poke like a champ with the PPC and pop tart as well. It's got decent mobility for this variant, 3 JJs as well to get you where you need to go.

Again, would I recommend this to everyone? Much like my IFR opinion, No. But like the IFR, you can be a special snowflake because there are so few people who are as touched in the head as I am.

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 8, 2016

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Stringbean posted:

I bought a Vindicator this morning, because gently caress it. If I like IFR maybe the vindicator won't be too bad, right? The 1AA isn't bad, considering you can mount a XL280 and get dual gauss and 2 medium lasers on it. Am I doing shitloads of damage? No. Averaging about 300-400 a match, so far. Is it fun? Sure! You can corner poke like a champ with the PPC and pop tart as well. It's got decent mobility for this variant, 3 JJs as well to get you where you need to go.

Again, would I recommend this to everyone? Much like my IFR opinion, No. But like the IFR, you can be a special snowflake because there are so few people who are as touched in the head as I am.

Myst Lynx with me.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Stringbean posted:

I bought a Vindicator this morning, because gently caress it. If I like IFR maybe the vindicator won't be too bad, right? The 1AA isn't bad, considering you can mount a XL280 and get dual gauss and 2 medium lasers on it. Am I doing shitloads of damage? No. Averaging about 300-400 a match, so far. Is it fun? Sure! You can corner poke like a champ with the PPC and pop tart as well. It's got decent mobility for this variant, 3 JJs as well to get you where you need to go.

I don't think you meant to write gauss there. :v:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Stringbean posted:

I bought a Vindicator this morning, because gently caress it. If I like IFR maybe the vindicator won't be too bad, right? The 1AA isn't bad, considering you can mount a XL280 and get dual gauss and 2 medium lasers on it.

:raise: do you mean two ppc? Because 32 tons of weapon before ammo, engine, and armor on a 45 ton mech seems unlikely.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
^^^ Yes, you two are both extremely correct. Fixed that to avoid confusion ^^^

And I've been considering getting the Mist Lynx. It's freakin adorable.

vvv it's so tiny, I don't even care that it can't even pack a lunch let alone a weapon system. vvv

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 8, 2016

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Stringbean posted:

^^^ Yes, you two are both extremely correct. Fixed that to avoid confusion ^^^

And I've been considering getting the Mist Lynx. It's freakin adorable.

1 PPC and 1 small laser, for that close range punch. You will be in what is probably the worst mech in the entire game. It has no saving graces outside of its size. It's amazing.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

The Repo Man posted:

1 PPC and 1 small laser, for that close range punch.

:shrek:

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
The XL large pulse banshee rocks. Such a relief to get to go fast in that thing

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
Looks like this weekend's event promises to be just as awesome as last week's event!

edit:
Oops. I just made a post up there making fun of MWO for forgetting to do events two weekends in a row, and now they went and posted an event for this weekend. I feel silly.

Here. Have some pictures back when flamers were lovely, but looked good:

Lonjon fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 8, 2016

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

You don't get the joke, then. If you aren't playing with night goons, then you probably wouldn't I guess.

In the texture stream, the guy said that hero mech will be able to apply standard cammo at some point. It's one of the big things he is working on. I'm really hoping this applies to Invasion mechs as well.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

The Repo Man posted:

You don't get the joke, then. If you aren't playing with night goons, then you probably wouldn't I guess.

In the texture stream, the guy said that hero mech will be able to apply standard cammo at some point. It's one of the big things he is working on. I'm really hoping this applies to Invasion mechs as well.

It's an SRM 2 for up close punch. hth friend.

EDIT: Oh poo poo theres an autocorrect for h.t.h :D

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

kingcom posted:

It's an SRM 2 for up close punch. hth friend.

EDIT: Oh poo poo theres an autocorrect for h.t.h :D

The re-occuring joke on Night Goon time is "1 small laser for up close punch." I have explained the joke for goons who don't play on mumble at night.

Also that's an amazing autocorrect.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I can get two yellows and a black. Wish I kept a rifle and archer. Ohhhhh wellllllll

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Cumulative Goals Current Total Reward
10 Victories in Quick Play, each with a match score over 100 0 of 10 10 MC and 1 Day Active Premium Time
20 Kills Most Damage Dealt 0 of 20 20 MC and 1 Screaming Surat Warhorn
40 Kill Assists 0 of 40 30 MC and 2 Clapping Surat Standing Item
4,000 Damage 0 of 4,000 40 MC and 1 Dog Tag Hanging Item
3,500 Match Score 0 of 3,500 50 MC and 1 Yellow Color (Orpiment)
2,000,000 C-Bills 0 of 2,000,000 500,000 C-Bills
10,000 XP 0 of 10,000 750 XP

2 Surat standing items. Well damnit, I was planning on skipping MW:O this weekend as it's been pissing me off with the amount of aimbotting lately.

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014
Screaming Surats? I'm in.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
AC10 + 7 meds or 2lpl + 5 meds for the Bounty Hunter? 2lpl+5meds is hot as balls and can't really stay in the fight very long before having to cool down.

Ballistic BOUNTY HUNTER II
vs
Laserboat BOUNTY HUNTER II

Also,

AC2 MAD-3R
vs
ac5 MAD-3R
vs
uac5 MAD-3R

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 8, 2016

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I go ac20 and 7 ml.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Cyrano4747 posted:

I go ac20 and 7 ml.

I always lose the AC20 as soon as the fight starts. Plus the ac10 gives a little more range as well as surviving longer.

Ryzic
Feb 28, 2009

No, actually. I would hate to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!
Grimey Drawer

I'm a huge fan of the 2x UAC5 on the 5M so I vote for that on your 5R.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
gently caress that, triple AC5 that poo poo.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Triple AC5 is so much DAKKA it's a blast to play.
:smugdog:

On my bountry hunter I started with the AC20 and ended up downgrading to the AC10. On your build I'd drop from 3 to 1 jumpjet in favor of maxing your arm armor and adding in some more ammo for the AC10.

The singe jumpjet is just to help you up terrain and give you some ability to spin quick on people circling you.

Basically the meta-mech build is what I run: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=348&l=9b902345c7af042bdf9bb6507e863aaf730e2808

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I hate modules so much. I hate how expensive they are so I can never own two but I hate how I join a game, entire team nascars for no loving reason and to no purpose letting my assault get surrounded and cored. And now to play again I gotta move all those goddamn modules and reapply the modules to get voted into another lovely conquest map that is bullshit for assaults to do it again. This UI is really bullshit for modules.

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

Krinkle posted:

I hate modules so much. I hate how expensive they are so I can never own two but I hate how I join a game, entire team nascars for no loving reason and to no purpose letting my assault get surrounded and cored. And now to play again I gotta move all those goddamn modules and reapply the modules to get voted into another lovely conquest map that is bullshit for assaults to do it again. This UI is really bullshit for modules.

at least it lets you pull them off of locked mechs now. so there's that.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Holy poo poo they didn't? That would have been many times worse, I agree.

e: But WHY does it revert from "only show me modules I own, that actually exist, and I have ready to use" every single time? God drat it!

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 8, 2016

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

veedubfreak posted:

I always lose the AC20 as soon as the fight starts. Plus the ac10 gives a little more range as well as surviving longer.

Torso twist. I've never had a problem with it. I mean it happens but not routinely and certainly not before I toss a bunch of shells around.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Krinkle posted:

Holy poo poo they didn't? That would have been many times worse, I agree.

e: But WHY does it revert from "only show me modules I own, that actually exist, and I have ready to use" every single time? God drat it!

And it defaults to "only show modules for installed weapons" but it shows them all anyway.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Triple AC5 on the Banshee is one of my favorite mechs.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Modules have always been a huge PIA from the management standpoint. I generally just module up a few key mechs and do without on the others

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

Torso twist. I've never had a problem with it. I mean it happens but not routinely and certainly not before I toss a bunch of shells around.

I've made the effort to shave leg armor and run a BAP as critstuffing next to it. It makes a bit of a difference.

As far as modules, my solution recently has been to playfk, or lazily kinda do other things and solo-que in a mech, find the nearest brawl and die as long as i get my damage in, and do other things while the match ends.

No worrying about match waiting, leaving early, or gaining pilot rank!(usually)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Do pubbies always get real salty during events, or have I just been on a lucky run of every other death leading to "WHAT THE HELL GUYS WHERE WERE YOU NOW WE'RE hosed" as we win 12-6?

• Locked thread