Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

go into every show without knowing anything about it, just mash that dl link on nyaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

i think i will make an effort to not entertain the possibility of a show loving up/going bad when posting about early episodes. it feels kinda oldADTRW and i'm starting to dislike seeing it in stuff like season thread posts. like nobody needs to keep one foot out the door just in case something they were enjoying suddenly falls apart

yeah if it looks cool be excited about it, if it goes to poo poo later on it's ok to bail at that point.

Kinda weird when folks feel like they have to hedge on stuff just in case like someone is going to give them poo poo for liking a thing that turned out to be bad in the end.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i've posted tons of crap here that turned out bad but who cares. just gotta live with it. stick with your convictions

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was super hype for Gangsta and look how that turned out :v:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
believe in your anime opinions even if they betray you in the end

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dogsicle posted:

i think i will make an effort to not entertain the possibility of a show loving up/going bad when posting about early episodes. it feels kinda oldADTRW and i'm starting to dislike seeing it in stuff like season thread posts. like nobody needs to keep one foot out the door just in case something they were enjoying suddenly falls apart

I'm basically at the point where if I suspect that might happen with a show I just wait and see what people are saying when it's all over.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i want to say Now and Then really became watchable, but it might just be the week break i took from the show's soul-destroying drama

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

or the catharsis from Sara fighting her way out of captivity

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

hey knorth

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/04/07-1/spice-and-wolf-plans-out-10th-anniversary-return

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It's the full moon Hanafuda because she's a werewolf

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

They suck

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i want to say Now and Then really became watchable, but it might just be the week break i took from the show's soul-destroying drama

This sounds like a series I don't want to watch

Rotoru
Sep 3, 2011

You should watch it anyway because Now and Then is good.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you should destroy your soul, from time to time

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Whoever first came up with the word "gamefeel" deserves to get a swirlie.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

homeless snail posted:

you should destroy your soul, from time to time

i work 8 hours a day

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Erg posted:

I like littleshrimp

i liked her stuff, i didn't know she was controversial apparently?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Cake Attack posted:

i work 8 hours a day

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Rotoru posted:

I probably won't

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Motto posted:

Whoever first came up with the word "gamefeel" deserves to get a swirlie.
two swirlies, because they are probably a lets player and already deserve one for that

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Rotoru posted:

It's a good show with a strong anti-war message, which it gets across by making you really really disgusted with the realities of war.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

that gamefeel when

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I watch enough sad anime as is

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i might have a job interview and i'm freaking out

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

This sounds like a series I don't want to watch

i don't think many people probably watch it, but it's definitely a good show. it's about a war and most of the characters are child soldiers or hostages of the army, so there are things like the civilian girl character being passed around to soldiers (off-screen). i feel like it handles these things well and they're all presented with the proper discretion and gravity.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

is she ...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

genki? no not really

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also episode 6 gives me some sense of hope for the characters and their situations, as opposed to the first five just slowly making me feel worse.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gross

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

in retrospect there wasn't much reason to be hopeful, i guess. but Sara did escape the soldiers!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i don't think many people probably watch it, but it's definitely a good show. it's about a war and most of the characters are child soldiers or hostages of the army, so there are things like the civilian girl character being passed around to soldiers (off-screen). i feel like it handles these things well and they're all presented with the proper discretion and gravity.

I might give it a shot later. I'm watching g too many sad shows already.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dogsicle posted:

also episode 6 gives me some sense of hope for the characters and their situations, as opposed to the first five just slowly making me feel worse.
I'm not going to spoil it for you but lol

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

homeless snail posted:

I'm not going to spoil it for you but lol

nooo, not a realistic ending

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

k-on...with motorcycles!!! :fuckoff:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Cute!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

dogsicle posted:

k-on...with motorcycles!!! :fuckoff:

my favorite of these that i've seen is for teekyuu which called it k-on with tennis

• Locked thread