Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

I try to maintain a positive view on how things are ran over there. :unsmith:

But also you're doing the thing that annoys me the most and that is assuming because some random guys did a thing it was like some alliance action approved at the highest levels. The other half of this is assuming that because someone's alliance ticker is CONDI that person is a slave to anything Herr mittens says.

Believe it or not some of us see through the narrative bullshit that's ever present on both sides and just don't drink the Jonestown Brand Kool Aid in favor of shooting spacemans with our years old friends and not getting all worked up about every goddamn thing

Syndic Thrass fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

So I read that tiberizzle log and it seems like the writing is on the wall at least as far as the FC's are concerned, dont know if the people in the_star_chamber accept it yet

We literally went out like the old northern coalition despite all the cautions against it- got fat bloated and complacent, picked a fight where we didnt need to, then got rolled by a massive coalition that everyone thought would never happen :cripes:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

crew posted:

So I read that tiberizzle log and it seems like the writing is on the wall at least as far as the FC's are concerned, dont know if the people in the_star_chamber accept it yet

We literally went out like the old northern coalition despite all the cautions against it- got fat bloated and complacent, picked a fight where we didnt need to, then got rolled by a massive coalition that everyone thought would never happen :cripes:

please source your quotes

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

thats all me baby

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Also I'm not going to scroll back to quote it but wasn't TheAdj a yeller? Because if so I think the-soft-spoken-monotone-Adj would be more accurate

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

1) A person did something horrible
2) Goons are known for being horrible
3) That person must be a Goon
4) Goons should disavow that person

This concludes Concern Trolling 102. Homework is a one-page essay on why Eonwe is a better person than you, due at the start of class tomorrow.

I didn't say someone should disavowed or kicked. If anything were to be done just tell people to not and hope they're not dummies. I also wasn't really concern trolling, I genuinely think that stuff is bad and shouldn't be done.

I think it boils down to difference in opinion on what's acceptable and what's not. Hopefully you and everyone else that disagree with me can see my point of view on it and appreciate why I think it's not cool to do and we can still talk about spaceships.

Syndic Thrass posted:

But also you're doing the thing that annoys me the most and that is assuming because some random guys did a thing it was like some alliance action approved at the highest levels. The other half of this is assuming that because someone's alliance ticker is CONDI that person is a slave to anything Herr mittens says.

Believe it or not some of us see through the narrative bullshit that's ever present on both sides and just don't drink the Jonestown Brand Kool Aid in favor of shooting spacemans with our years old friends and not getting all worked up about every goddamn thing

I didn't mean for it to come off as me saying or thinking it was an alliance wide condoned thing. I just wanted the rumor to not be true because that's sort of lovely to hear you know? I know nobody in GSF leadership can control what people do, and I won't blame them for anything related to it unless there's a screenshot of like Vyst or whoever going "yeah do this, it'll be great."

Same way you wouldn't hold me to what some random Horde guy said, or a PL guy. You can still say "yeah...that's dumb, and that particular person is dumb for doing that."

I think I opened a can of worms I didn't mean to by saying that I just dislike hearing about that stuff was being talked about and, supposedly, done by a few Goons. Same way I'd say that about Waffles, Horde, PL, etc. doing that. It's not something I find funny.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 8, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

crew posted:

thats all me baby

he's always been a whiny bitch so congrats on agreeing with the insanely racist whiny guy

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he's always been a whiny bitch so congrats on agreeing with the insanely racist whiny guy

The most shocking thing about that log to me was that when I ctrl f-ed "friend of the family" it returned 0 results. If there's any proof it's a faked tib log this is it

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Syndic Thrass posted:

The most shocking thing about that log to me was that when I ctrl f-ed "friend of the family" it returned 0 results. If there's any proof it's a faked tib log this is it

lol

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

I didn't say someone should disavowed or kicked. If anything were to be done just tell people to not and hope they're not dummies. I also wasn't really concern trolling, I genuinely think that stuff is bad and shouldn't be done.

I think it boils down to difference in opinion on what's acceptable and what's not. Hopefully you and everyone else that disagree with me can see my point of view on it and appreciate why I think it's not cool to do and we can still talk about spaceships.

I didn't mean for it to come off as me saying or thinking it was an alliance wide condoned thing. I just wanted the rumor to not be true because that's sort of lovely to hear you know? I know nobody in GSF leadership can control what people do, and I won't blame them for anything related to it unless there's a screenshot of like Vyst or whoever going "yeah do this, it'll be great."

Same way you wouldn't hold me to what some random Horde guy said, or a PL guy. You can still say "yeah...that's dumb, and that particular person is dumb for doing that."

I think I opened a can of worms I didn't mean to by saying that I just dislike hearing about that stuff was being talked about and, supposedly, done by a few Goons. Same way I'd say that about Waffles, Horde, PL, etc. doing that. It's not something I find funny.

I more just used what you said to finally post the thing that annoys me the most about the redditkrew. I know you're a cool dude and we got no beef.

PS what's your space name anyway

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I took one look at the crasskitty thread and said fuckit :justpost:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
assuming it was wrong for all the reasons.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syndic Thrass posted:

I more just used what you said to finally post the thing that annoys me the most about the redditkrew. I know you're a cool dude and we got no beef.

Ah, fair enough. I really dislike some of the circlejerk stuff on Reddit, same with how I dislike that stuff on here (by either side mind you).

Also my main is Hendrick Tallardar.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 8, 2016

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Shut the gently caress up Frozenpussy

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Syndic Thrass posted:

Hendrick Tallardar or Talladar

Also he is good people, and CrassKitty is probably lying about her gramps dying, or at least about it being recent or whatever. loving with people because fam died is bad and you shouldn't do it, but IIRC like 99.5% of the people I saw doing it were ~Valued Allies~ and Karmafleet. Goonwaffe dudes mostly shrugged or mildly disapproved. I'm not sure if Laz is in Goonwaffe or not but I know he kept doing it over and over.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 8, 2016

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I had a chill discussion with Sa Matra the other day in EW0K local waiting for my jump timer. Really changed my perspective on how redditors are subhuman.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Goatman Sacks posted:

I had a chill discussion with Sa Matra the other day in EW0K local waiting for my jump timer. Really changed my perspective on how redditors are subhuman.

Most of the regulars you see cruising space are alright, but when you get people into a group they all devolve into meme-spewing shitbirds, Goons do the same thing in groups too though.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syndic Thrass posted:

:agreed:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Goatman Sacks posted:

reddit is bad, give them no sympathy

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

please source your quotes

http://evemaps.dotlan.net

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Hendrick Tallardar or Talladar

Also he is good people, and CrassKitty is probably lying about her gramps dying, or at least about it being recent or whatever. loving with people because fam died is bad and you shouldn't do it, but IIRC like 99.5% of the people I saw doing it were ~Valued Allies~ and Karmafleet. Goonwaffe dudes mostly shrugged or mildly disapproved. I'm not sure if Laz is in Goonwaffe or not but I know he kept doing it over and over.

What's a crasskitty, and why does anyone care?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Syndic Thrass posted:

Syndic kinda smashed the nail on the head here.

Xolve posted:

Girl streamer with dumb colored hair, so naturally our MRA shitheels immediately fire off some girl hate while claiming to hate reddit because it's full of mra shitheels.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 8, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

you tell me your boy made the concern leave crasskitty alone post

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Syndic Thrass posted:

suck it bitch

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:stare:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I don't believe half of what mittens says - the super trap narrative is especially laughable. But the other side is full of ye olde assholes, and idiots from pro-pedophile websites like reddit and 4chan. So I'd still rather be on this side.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Xolve posted:

Girl streamer who plays eve, nothing of note really, except for Imperium duders bombing her stream with fake twitch accounts making fun of said grandpa death.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Goatman Sacks posted:

I don't believe half of what mittens says - the super trap narrative is especially laughable. But the other side is full of ye olde assholes, and idiots from pro-pedophile websites like reddit and 4chan. So I'd still rather be on this side.

A majority of our own alliance is from a pro-pedophile site? :ohdear:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Karmafleet aren't people

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

lovely joke got pooped on

Bacontotem fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 8, 2016

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bacontotem posted:

Goons should allow preencleave into GSF right before disbanding.

P sure he's in karmafleet

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Well blawrf is in your alliance now.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Remember those star citizen furries that made some video where they squeaked and barked for like 15 minutes?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

cravius posted:

Remember those star citizen furries that made some video where they squeaked and barked for like 15 minutes?

That sounds really awkward.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

That sounds really awkward.

Oh, it was.

Edit - :rip: foehammer ever hoping to jump ship back to Goons again.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 8, 2016

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
foe add me on steam you bum

uncle_phil is a donkey fucker

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
foehammer why you being a jerk to that guy who i dont know

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

frozenpussy posted:

you tell me your boy made the concern leave crasskitty alone post

I'm quoting this on purpose so everyone who has him blocked like me but doesn't click on all the Jerk Ignored links to see what his retarded rear end is posting can see it. This is a textbook example of Frozenpussy doing exactly what I just complained about but from our side "$person defected therefore he is on ~your side~ and you are culpable for any stupid poo poo he spouts now because he's no longer ONE OF US."

Please stop this stupid loving poo poo so I can go take the moral high ground on reddit. I need them up votes guys.

You can't be a supercap fc with sub 1k Internet popularity points these days

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Goatman Sacks posted:

I don't know if this is still the case, but last year when I was rounding off my second bout of eve I was doing some wiki curating and found Sa Matra still listed as an important and valued FC for the coalition. How times change~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Is it at all possible to fit a Sleipnir that's good in combat without having to have fitting modules/implants? Or am I doomed to always have co-processors and powergrid implants? Or is it just because I really want to have two XL ASBs?

• Locked thread