Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I was going to reply to this thread earlier but I got knocked through the computer screen, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

Clarifying the last panel. So that's just Jirou's talking severed head right?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Jester Mcgee posted:

Clarifying the last panel. So that's just Jirou's talking severed head right?

Yep. He also stole a life orb from the nitro he gave parkinsons to.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

It's looking for little things that add to the amazingness of this manga

One upping the One ups.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The only problem is that Neo has the whole "Can eat all attacks somehow" armor.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I dunno, this manga has been pretty clever with those kinds of problems. My favorite was the gorilla who was immune to poison, so Coco gave it an addictive drug instead and let it go through withdrawal.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
I have waited so long for this and it is so loving good.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Toriko will just shove him in his foodhole.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Fabricated posted:

But what if Toriko eats Neo first?

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Nilbop posted:

What's Japan's deal with equating super-tough guys with that goofy 50's style pompadour hair? Jirou's got it, Takamura in Ippo has it, there's a dude in Bleach with it. Why's it so prolific?

Don't forget Knuckle.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I can't get over Jirou's face on page 13. He looks like Johnny Bravo or something. Komatsu is gonna end up cooking Neo so well that he eats himself a la Pizza the Hutt.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
He's got a good Saitama vibe going.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Neo's eating of attacks will be overcome by Toriko, who will share a meal with him through fighting, and Neo, having never shared a meal with anyone before will finally be satisfied.

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013
This is the best shonen and everyone should read it.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Cody Banks posted:

This is the best shonen and everyone should read it.

I did.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 367 is out.

RIP Jiro, probably. Also, Acacia shaping up more and more to be a real fucker.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:stare: Killed by everything in his entire life that should have killed him. Guddamn.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Those tears were fake, :smug: What a loving rear end in a top hat, he's worst than Neo.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

he is neo

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Please tell Midora.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I kinda wish that had been dragged out more.

But then: I remember Bleach.

This manga is real good.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
A quite literal :unsmigghh:

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

I think that Acacia and Neo are distinct entities, tho

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

davidHalestorm posted:

I think that Acacia and Neo are distinct entities, tho

Acacia probably corrupted Neo. Turning it into an rear end in a top hat instead of a hungry little creep.

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013
I wonder what Joa's motive is. Have to think NEO would just eat her too.

Edit: also Jirou is totally going to get reincarnated as a Gourmet Demon.

Cody Banks fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 15, 2016

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
He probably could've done a better job of establishing Acacia's character before now, because the whole "Oh yes, our happy family was fake thing" lacks any impact and my go-to assumption is that this is Neo loving with Jirou.

If anyone wants to correct me feel free, because my understanding of Acacia just breaks down to:

1. Ultimate food-fighting dude and happy family man.
2. Everyone on earth knows him.
3. Goes missing.
4. Reappears as the host of Neo and super-evil and it's now implied that he was a fucker all-along OR has been driven crazy by Neo and is just mentally gone.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah, I think you're right. That whole bit felt really weird, though. I assume during 3. he had to use Neo to fight the Nitro and that's when things went foul. I feel like this was hinted at, but I could be remembering wrong?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I'm kind of conflicted. On one I hand I am going to be salty as gently caress if Midora never gets to fight Acacia, but I know deep down if that happens he has to lose so Komatsu can beat NEO instead.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Nice. Testing the waters. Let's see if I can get away with putting a tentacle in a man's mouth. Maybe even show some white stuff after he pulls it out. Mmm yes. . . . yes. . . .

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, it'll be interesting to learn whether the true rear end in a top hat is Acacia or Neo, or if both of them were just a little selfish and were the perfect combo for each other.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
And Komatsu is gonna cheerfully cook something for this dude that'll somehow satisfy his endless hunger, thus removing his ability to eat attacks so Toriko can punch it into oblivion.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Man the villains really stepped up their game these last few chapters.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I was about to post that I'm a little disappointed that neo is just stronger than everyone else because he's also hungrier, then realized that that makes perfect sense and am basically completely fine with that

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013

Can Of Worms posted:

On one I hand I am going to be salty as gently caress if Midora never gets to fight Acacia

Jirou already told him how to draw out Midora's despair, which is of course NEO's spice of choice.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I kinda hope it's a con and saying it will keep Midora from holding back.

Death Bot posted:

I was about to post that I'm a little disappointed that neo is just stronger than everyone else because he's also hungrier, then realized that that makes perfect sense and am basically completely fine with that
This manga's weird logic is just strangely satisfying.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Maybe killing him was acacias mercy, so jirou can just chill in the afterlife with his big bro instead of completely disappearing

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Toriko 368

Midora :ohdear:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, that fight was like a children's game of one-upsmanship. Midora even at one point just went "yeah I countered your thing, now what?"

Now he's trapped inside a shell inside a can, though, so... Yeah. Wasn't enough I guess.

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013
poo poo's about to get bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GOD IS LOVE

• Locked thread