Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

guts and bolts posted:

...apparently the team behind Rogue One is on record saying it'll be a "darker" narrative, so I'm still in :ohdear: mode

Jeyn will beat the villian of the movie within an inch of their life, and at the final moment when she's about to land the deathblow, they'll mutter.

"Mon...Mon Motha..."

She'll stop mid-punch because she also has a Mon Montha.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

guts and bolts posted:

I'm basically the best poster, though??? Actually I take that back, it's time for the most powerful power rankings

Best Posters
1) Strobe
2) anyone who posts really cool re-paints of their minis
3) Otisburg
4) Panzeh

:shobon:

guts and bolts posted:

EDIT: Also holy smokes are we starting a TTS X-Wing league? Please let us do this thing and I will play in it, this actually sounds like the coolest thing, spectating Strobe's insanity against in-meta lists sounds like a good way to pass an evening

Set up an IRC or some group Skype calls, get everyone in the SA Wangs thread improving and getting drunk at the same time

I don't have TTS, unfortunately, and it'll be a bit before I can get it (if this happens).

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

I have Tabletop Simulator. How do I get the X-Wing stuff?

https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/4dpvgn/quick_overview_and_tutorial_for_xwing_on_tts/

Finster Dexter posted:

Don't you have to fiddle with all the bits? Or does it auto-execute movements, etc. like Vassal?

Most movement is automated these days. Pretty much anything you find on a dial, plus barrel rolls, decloaks, etc. There are a couple of exceptions. Bumps are mostly manual still.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

It's OK to be jealous

ConfusedUs posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/4dpvgn/quick_overview_and_tutorial_for_xwing_on_tts/

Most movement is automated these days. Pretty much anything you find on a dial, plus barrel rolls, decloaks, etc. There are a couple of exceptions. Bumps are mostly manual still.

My opponent never responded to any messages or anything. FeelsBadMan

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
How much is TTS?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

How much is TTS?

$20, often on sale for $10 or less.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So basically when I am done this semester and finish the next sale of bodily fluid to the weird eastern European dude who lives in the basement of my apartment building I'll get it

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I played a couple of games at my league last night with Chopper + PTL/Kanaan Sabine + 2x Talas and while I won both of them pretty handily, I came to the conclusion that Sabine was eating too much of my points when docked and didn't pay for herself after undocking, meanwhile the Talas didn't have enough firepower. Chopper was pretty much perfect though. So I've taken that experience and made this:

"Chopper" (37)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
"Zeb" Orrelios (1)
Dash Rendar (2)
Ghost (0)

Ezra Bridger (20)
Rage (1)
Phantom (0)

Tala Squadron Pilot (13)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

Tala Squadron Pilot (13)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Ezra is a nice cheap Attack Shuttle with both offensive and defensive power from Rage + his pilot ability, and the Talas now have a powerful alpha-strike to make up for their regular mediocre offence.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

guts and bolts posted:

EDIT: Also holy smokes are we starting a TTS X-Wing league? Please let us do this thing and I will play in it, this actually sounds like the coolest thing, spectating Strobe's insanity against in-meta lists sounds like a good way to pass an evening

Set up an IRC or some group Skype calls, get everyone in the SA Wangs thread improving and getting drunk at the same time

Probably better to work out the kinks with pickup games before we go straight into the deep end of a SA league. :)

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Thundercracker posted:

Jeyn will beat the villian of the movie within an inch of their life, and at the final moment when she's about to land the deathblow, they'll mutter.

"Mon...Mon Motha..."

She'll stop mid-punch because she also has a Mon Montha.

"Do you bleed?"

Also gently caress it consider this an official interest post for playing X-Wing on TTS on some night(s) of the week at some nebulous point in the future. I'm pretty sure I can con Brunas into playing regularly, so that's two. Anyone else have TTS, gonna get TTS, and wanna play some games on the internet?

E: yeah, you're right, I mean more like - we can do it eventually. I'm down to play TTS this evening if anyone's on it

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

guts and bolts posted:

E: yeah, you're right, I mean more like - we can do it eventually. I'm down to play TTS this evening if anyone's on it

Sure. I'm game. My steam name is ConfusedUs.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

ConfusedUs posted:

Sure. I'm game. My steam name is ConfusedUs.

no points for guessing my steam name (invite sent)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Yeah mine is the same as this, too. I think you'll find me by searching 'strobe212' though.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I am generalbattuta

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Excellent! I was hoping I'd actually get some use out of my copy of TTS, after buying for something else that never eventuated. I'm currently at work though so I can't go around sending friend requests, although here I am on Steam (same userID) in case any of you want to friend req me. (Keep in mind I'm an AusGoon, so loltimezones I guess)

Also, I've got a spare copy of TTS I'd be willing to give one of you guys - just say in here if you'd like to join in on the potential TTSxwing goodness though, just so I know that it's an actual poster here who's requesting it on Steam, rather than just some random lurker!

EDIT: Also I second Endman's reaction at being placed at #9000, guts - he should be at least a few thousand higher than that! (If that's even an actual compliment, in this case? :D)
Also, hasn't he actually posted a mini repaint or two anyway? Might be remembering incorrectly though..although if not, he should be way up in the standings!

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 8, 2016

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

This will make life easier:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SAXWING/

I'm GEORGE FOREMAN.

nilstryfe
Dec 22, 2004
Hong Kong Cavalier
I'm Hector Rekt on Steam, and I'm down to play if this works worth a poo poo. I don't have TTS but I'm willing to buy it if it's as good or better than Vassle.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Brunas posted:

This will make life easier:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SAXWING/

I'm GEORGE FOREMAN.

Yeah just join that. I've not tried the TTS x-wing stuff but I would totally watch Strobe Wangs. I'm also australian so I have no idea how times sync up.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Major Isoor posted:

Also, I've got a spare copy of TTS I'd be willing to give one of you guys - just say in here if you'd like to join in on the potential TTSxwing goodness though, just so I know that it's an actual poster here who's requesting it on Steam, rather than just some random lurker!

I have been informed by Guts that I need this key, apparently.

EDIT: Who's THIS MACHINE?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Strobe posted:

I have been informed by Guts that I need this key, apparently.

EDIT: Who's THIS MACHINE?

Oh, I thought you must've owned it already, based on one of your previous posts - otherwise I would've insisted you take it!
I'll be home in, say, 4-5 hours by the way. If you send me a friend request, I'll shoot it your way tonight!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I will wait for it to be on the next sale, because I'm an inconsistently cheap bastard about some things.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Holy crap this is worth it for the squad builder alone. Much better than vassal

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

I've got a game up, under "Brunas's birthday boat", no password

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

:siren: GAMES CURRENTLY BEING PLAYED ON TTS, GET IN GOONS :siren:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Otisburg posted:

I will wait for it to be on the next sale, because I'm an inconsistently cheap bastard about some things.

Same, Steam sale spoiled me in regards to vidya prices.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Same here, playing once a week is not enough.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Not to tout or anything (so apologies if what I'm about to write is frowned upon), but hiddenmovement sells games at around whatever the lowest Steam sale price, so you guys may have luck getting it off him.
Not 100% on what he's selling TTS at right now though but it can't hurt to ask, I guess. (Don't blame me - I just want to play X-Wing as often as possible and with as many goons as possible!)

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

After the mess that's my month of April I'll probably pick this up.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

guts and bolts posted:

:siren: GAMES CURRENTLY BEING PLAYED ON TTS, GET IN GOONS :siren:

you guys on mumble or something?

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Finster Dexter posted:

you guys on mumble or something?

Skype, I'll add you if you like

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

hold on, I don't have skype installed...

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
How long does an average game take on TTS? I've heard some horror stories about Vassal.

Practiced my brobots list. It's the Predator/Ad. Sensor variation. Lost to imperial Aces (killed Soontir & inquisitor but vader closed it out) and then lost to Corran & Chewie. Corran did his corran thing and did 7 damage in a single round to kill one of my bots, and it was basically gg then and there, played it out and was a bit too obvious at times I think. You really have to be unpredictable. Chewy + EU blocking was the main issue it's harder to plan dials with that guy up in your grill. Still, I like the list and will continue to practice, if nothing else my large base skills are improving, didn't land on any rocks.

Played with Endman's Scum list, but with ion missiles on the Zs. One Z was sniped by pair of crack Kihrazx before it could shoot and the other hit ionised a Kihrazx but didn't matter because a proton torpedo vaporised the next shot . The Z then exploded himself to a direct hit from range 3. Still, the Scout and Zuckuss closed out the game themselves with Shields. Zuckuss putting 5 danage, range 1 into a Slaver, and then tossed the other Kihrazx onto a rock. Time to test the list against Imperial Aces. Still not sure about the missiles either, though they do nudge up the threat level of the Zs which is good because Zuckuss hates to be focused early.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
TTS, yeah I can see about getting that. Tomorrow's gonna be a lot of getting ready for the tournament Saturday and I've got stuff to do this evening but getting in some games with goons sounds like a good way to get some practice in.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The fact that I've just learned TTS can play Xwing has made TTS so much more appealing and worth buying to me.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is TTS worth getting if you're a VASSAL grog in general but a little intimidated by the Xwing module in particular?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

AndyElusive posted:

The fact that I've just learned TTS can play Xwing has made TTS so much more appealing and worth buying to me.

Same. I'd basically assumed TTS was kind of gimmicky but it looks like the X-Wing support is actually pretty robust.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Honestly I don't see much of an advantage of TTS over VASSAL for X-wing. They both have pretty good modules but TTS has that thing where you're navigating an extra layer of interface.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Panzeh posted:

Honestly I don't see much of an advantage of TTS over VASSAL for X-wing. They both have pretty good modules but TTS has that thing where you're navigating an extra layer of interface.

StashAugustine posted:

Is TTS worth getting if you're a VASSAL grog in general but a little intimidated by the Xwing module in particular?

TTS looks better and has a much easier learning curve.

It lacks the fine-tuned movement of vassal (bumps are a PITA) but automated movement table handles almost everything else.

Kai Tave posted:

Same. I'd basically assumed TTS was kind of gimmicky but it looks like the X-Wing support is actually pretty robust.

Most of the robsutness is recent, with the advent of the automated movement table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

TTS looks better and has a much easier learning curve.

It lacks the fine-tuned movement of vassal (bumps are a PITA) but automated movement table handles almost everything else.

Most of the robsutness is recent, with the advent of the automated movement table.

How do bumps work in it?

• Locked thread