Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
If you die in league HC you get dumped to permanent standard, so no more Cadiro and his chests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
If I want to take the tooltip DPS challenge (not literally, just trying to deal massive dips–it doesn't actually have to be on the tooltip) and just try to one-shot bosses in PSC what's my best bet? I was thinking assassin self-cast discharge w/ all 3 elements and a bunch of curses but I'm open to suggestions. I also briefly considered tri-golem self-cast discharge elementalist w/ the 20% resist pierce node and elemental overload, but I'm not sure that would be better than just running actual crit. I'll die to reflect either way, but v0v.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The March Hare posted:

If I want to take the tooltip DPS challenge (not literally, just trying to deal massive dips–it doesn't actually have to be on the tooltip) and just try to one-shot bosses in PSC what's my best bet? I was thinking assassin self-cast discharge w/ all 3 elements and a bunch of curses but I'm open to suggestions. I also briefly considered tri-golem self-cast discharge elementalist w/ the 20% resist pierce node and elemental overload, but I'm not sure that would be better than just running actual crit. I'll die to reflect either way, but v0v.

Vaal Righteous Fire. Bonus points if that's on a totem.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Crit ice traps could also do it, probably. Bonus if you convert it all the way to full chaos.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The March Hare posted:

Vaal RF for sure. If you get VP and link it to LL and use warlords mark blasphemy you can't even die to reflect

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

whypick1 posted:

If you die in league HC you get dumped to permanent standard, so no more Cadiro and his chests.

Woah spoilers!!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Vasudus posted:

Crit ice traps could also do it, probably. Bonus if you convert it all the way to full chaos.
Was going to say this.

(I may in fact be doing this build on my most recent character :unsmigghh:)

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Kild posted:

Vaal RF for sure. If you get VP and link it to LL and use warlords mark blasphemy you can't even die to reflect

This sounds Very Good to me. How the hell do you get souls for it though?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The March Hare posted:

Some other fire spell plus that jewel that gives extra souls and not just running one vrf.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The March Hare posted:

you only use it for bosses/rares? you kill everything else with AoF Arc or whatever else you wanna use.

e:

https://www.twitch.tv/foxtactics this guy is running aof arc + vrf if you wanna see it in practice.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1628996

his guide

Kild fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 7, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Actually the Wiki page for VRF is bad and broken right now due to someone's edits today and Vaal Righteous Fire cannot be reflected in the first place. If the damage could be reflected then leech would not save you because you would reflect way more than your actual maximum life/ES in 1 hit and if you take more damage than your entire health pool then leech doesn't stop that reflect from killing you.

You need instant leech + a good amount of leech anyways because you don't want to be left at 1 hp after using it.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Vaal/Detonate Dead traps can also do plenty of oneshotting as well.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Started playing in the new league, after having not touched the game in about a year and a half. Im on Act 4 Cruel and have found 2 exalts already. I dont remember ever being this lucky in all my play time on other leagues.

I'm trying the Ziggy D Scion Spark build. Its cool so far but I have not been taking care of my gear or links and Im getting a bit squishy. When do I get to around level 60 now so I can think about buying some gear? (I presume it will be Merci Ledge?)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Act 2 Merciless is level 59-63.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Been leveling a Templar to be able to buy Warlord's Mark for my Scion.

Do the other 3 classes (Ranger, Shadow, Witch) also have any 'exclusive' gems on vendors?

Also, i know that Earfquake is mostly done with Marauder, Duelist or even Templar but what about a Scion Ascendant EQ? Zerker + Champ/Slayer?

Just how idea is this?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

madstrike posted:

Been leveling a Templar to be able to buy Warlord's Mark for my Scion.

Do the other 3 classes (Ranger, Shadow, Witch) also have any 'exclusive' gems on vendors?

The wiki actually covers the best way to get access to all gems from vendors.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can just ask someone to buy it for you either in guild or in local in the town where its sold

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Thanks! That's what i wanted!

Awesome! posted:

you can just ask someone to buy it for you either in guild or in local in the town where its sold

Did ask a couple times in the last few days, people were busy or just ignored it. Doesn't matter, it's not like it takes too much time getting to act3/4.

urzaserra256
Nov 29, 2009

urzaserra256 posted:

I also need a re invite

ign

Tri_Fire_Two

Think i was missed somehow.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Touchdown Boy posted:

Started playing in the new league, after having not touched the game in about a year and a half. Im on Act 4 Cruel and have found 2 exalts already. I dont remember ever being this lucky in all my play time on other leagues.

I'm trying the Ziggy D Scion Spark build. Its cool so far but I have not been taking care of my gear or links and Im getting a bit squishy. When do I get to around level 60 now so I can think about buying some gear? (I presume it will be Merci Ledge?)

I've found 4 exalted orbs this league, 4 more then I've ever found before that, I feel like the extra clearing speed of the new/improved skills and ascendancy classes and there being more then a handful of viable builds is improving exalted orb drop rates.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so what youre saying is i should cash in my 2ex for chaos now then

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9jl1nETtKI

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Is this jewel any good? It seems good.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

resting bort face posted:

2-3c

wasted cold damage roll

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

most jewels aren't worth much unless they have life on it.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Anyone tried Vaal Molten Shell before? Mathil posted a video and it looked hilarious.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

moush posted:

Anyone tried Vaal Molten Shell before? Mathil posted a video and it looked hilarious.

its broken with scold's bridle

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kild posted:

most jewels aren't worth much unless they have life on it.

Or three primary dmg mods

Light dmg would have made that worth a few ex.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Holyshoot posted:

Or three primary dmg mods

Light dmg would have made that worth a few ex.

Naw, the physical damage doesn't scale voltaxic lightning arrow. I think it's pretty good as is, especially for physical ice shot. Physical builds almost always get added % cold from hatred.

A really good voltaxic jewel would have projectile damage instead of physical damage.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Phobophilia posted:

Naw, the physical damage doesn't scale voltaxic lightning arrow. I think it's pretty good as is, especially for physical ice shot. Physical builds almost always get added % cold from hatred.

A really good voltaxic jewel would have projectile damage instead of physical damage.

Really? It wouldn't up the physical->lightning conversion part of LA, then into the chaos damage from Voltaxic?

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Voltaxic has very low physical damage. Instead, it has a lot of added lightning damage. Physical damage scaling doesn't affect that part at all.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Really? It wouldn't up the physical->lightning conversion part of LA, then into the chaos damage from Voltaxic?

Voltaxic has almost zero physical damage to scale or convert from in the first place.

For voltaxic, these are the tags that scale both the initial hit and the DoT:
-Damage
-Projectile
-Chaos
-Area (if blast raining)

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Phobophilia posted:

Voltaxic has almost zero physical damage to scale or convert from in the first place.

For voltaxic, these are the tags that scale both the initial hit and the DoT:
-Damage
-Projectile
-Chaos
-Area (if blast raining)

edit: Nevermind, I misunderstood the whole thing.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Ya sorry, I was mixing it up with caustic arrow where physical damage is nice.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So I'm playing a self cast Life/ES EK witch (Occ)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...CLrY-0874jwH_k3

I don't have a lot of cash (15 chaos) so bear that in mind before saying certain things.

I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding the build. I'm thinking of maybe going straight down on the right side and getting Vaal Pact and Ballistic missile before focusing on ES and Life or should say gently caress it to those and go ES/Life now. Obviously, if there's something better, I'll try that too. I have 12 refund points left.

I don't mind blowing some chaos orbs on some gear which I should anyway since my EK gem is in a 3 socket wand.

EK > Echo > Faster Cast. I would like EK>Echo>Faster Cast>Faster Projectile>LL/Empower. If it was a 6 socket happy days but not happening yet.

I'm also running Herald of Ice and rear end Mark>Blasphemy.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

A tabula will run you 12c.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Tai posted:

So I'm playing a self cast Life/ES EK witch (Occ)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...CLrY-0874jwH_k3

I don't have a lot of cash (15 chaos) so bear that in mind before saying certain things.

I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding the build. I'm thinking of maybe going straight down on the right side and getting Vaal Pact and Ballistic missile before focusing on ES and Life or should say gently caress it to those and go ES/Life now. Obviously, if there's something better, I'll try that too. I have 12 refund points left.

I don't mind blowing some chaos orbs on some gear which I should anyway since my EK gem is in a 3 socket wand.

EK > Echo > Faster Cast. I would like EK>Echo>Faster Cast>Faster Projectile>LL/Empower. If it was a 6 socket happy days but not happening yet.

I'm also running Herald of Ice and rear end Mark>Blasphemy.

If you don't spend your next passive point picking up that Nullification node over on the right side that you passed by, I will cry myself to sleep.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Ops I did have that. Manually entering passive points since steam won't let me log into the poe site.

Elerion
May 31, 2011
Other than that, I would start picking up life nodes if I were you. You don't have much, and you're next to a bunch of great nodes. Any time you can pick up 5% life per point invested, you should definitely do it. You can do that in the west (Purity of Flesh), north (Heart and Soul) and east (Blood Drinker).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So skip Vaal Pact/Ballistic Missile? Too much of a waste of passive points getting all that dex?

E - Should I bother trying to get 1 or 2 extra +1 power charges if they are close?

Tai fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 8, 2016

• Locked thread