Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

QuantaStarFire posted:

What's the reason that every new craftable is done at the chemistry station? Is it the only one that can make items rather than modify them?

This is correct.

It's trivial to construct a new workbench to make your poo poo mind you, but then you have to create your own keywords or worry about compatibility with AWKCR and all that jazz.

Seriously though it's really trivial. I implemented the first crafting mod on the Nexus using tesVsnip to understand records and good old fashioned hex editing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

This is correct.

It's trivial to construct a new workbench to make your poo poo mind you, but then you have to create your own keywords or worry about compatibility with AWKCR and all that jazz.

Seriously though it's really trivial. I implemented the first crafting mod on the Nexus using tesVsnip to understand records and good old fashioned hex editing.

You... really, really like modding games more than playing them, don't you?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Backhand posted:

You... really, really like modding games more than playing them, don't you?

I'm going to be honest and say that I haven't played fallout since december.

OTOH getting in on the ground floor earned me like $400 bucks via donations so I'm really not complaining.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
All of a sudden, I get a crash when loading a save game. The only recent change I made was changing Better Armor Mod Naming and Better Weapon Mod Naming to the merged version. But I narrowed the crash down to .esps that weren't even related. Cut Weapon Mods, Enclave X-02 power armor, the No Rads During Radrain mod for True Storms and the Perk Magazine Material Fix are all causing CTDs when loading a save.

Full load order is here:
http://pastebin.com/ynPB6ckL

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Doesn't the stove also create new items?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I read it as a non-GECK limitation the only thing we can add to is that one. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't mod.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I read it as a non-GECK limitation the only thing we can add to is that one. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't mod.

It's not a limitation. You can add new keywords and craftable equipment really easy in FO4edit.

Honestly I'd say it's a holdover from before Fo4edit was released?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Hmm, well, weaponsmith and armorsmith, not to mention the legendary modifications all allow you to make things, personally, I'd like to do a merge of the merge mod I'm running with legendary, its fun to have raiders spawn with minigun rifles and old school knight swords, I am running a bunch of "remove extra chromosomes from settlers" type mods, & joy, someone has released a long hair with physics compilation. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11402/ it makes a change to Soul Survivor.

staberind fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 8, 2016

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I'm all ready to get my model into the game and have all the software installed, but the documentation on nifskope and editing it is pretty poor.

I'm looking at this: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_a_sword_for_Fallout

And this: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7957/

Half the time I'm not sure what action I'm doing to what object, what any of it means. or how to even do the actions. Anyone find any better documentation yet?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

staberind posted:

Hmm, well, weaponsmith and armorsmith, not to mention the legendary modifications all allow you to make things, personally, I'd like to do a merge of the merge mod I'm running with legendary, its fun to have raiders spawn with minigun rifles and old school knight swords, I am running a bunch of "remove extra chromosomes from settlers" type mods, & joy, someone has released a long hair with physics compilation. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11402/ it makes a change to Soul Survivor.

I made a merged patch of a bunch of weapons and clothing that are supposed to spawn on raiders and gunners, and it sure makes things interesting to spawn just about anything on anyone at any level. I got chewed up repeatedly by a gang who had an AK-47 and a minigun rifle because the guy with the minigun was at the very top of a high-rise and had a pretty commanding view of the battlefield. I ended up having to seek higher ground myself in a bombed out building across from them and plink at them across the void. Then the one with the AK then snuck up the stairs behind me...

I've kinda broken something though because occasionally a raider or gunner spawns in without any weapon at all. Anyone have any idea why?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Deadly Mongoose posted:

I'll give that a try. Right now I just console in 10 or 20 deathclaws out front, take jet, and run back towards the base.

Bit old, but when setting up fights like this, use the "tai" or "tcai" commands to turn off AI or combat AI respectively.

First one keeps everyone from moving around, second just keeps everyone out of combat. It toggles, like "tcl" (toggle clipping, aka no clip, fly around through stuff) and "tgm" (toggle god mode, unlimited health, action points, ammo and building materials).

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Saint Sputnik posted:

I made a merged patch of a bunch of weapons and clothing that are supposed to spawn on raiders and gunners, and it sure makes things interesting to spawn just about anything on anyone at any level. I got chewed up repeatedly by a gang who had an AK-47 and a minigun rifle because the guy with the minigun was at the very top of a high-rise and had a pretty commanding view of the battlefield. I ended up having to seek higher ground myself in a bombed out building across from them and plink at them across the void. Then the one with the AK then snuck up the stairs behind me...

I've kinda broken something though because occasionally a raider or gunner spawns in without any weapon at all. Anyone have any idea why?

it could be that the rng picked a weapon that you dont actually have installed, I'm pretty certain one of the compilations I use is a bit jinxed, I have a slightly weirder problem of occasionally having synth heads running around with those robot dlc raiders, I think I'll make a fake data folder, reinstall all my junk to there, then make that an archive with the compilation esp, of course then something else will come along that updates/breaks that.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

staberind posted:

it could be that the rng picked a weapon that you dont actually have installed, I'm pretty certain one of the compilations I use is a bit jinxed, I have a slightly weirder problem of occasionally having synth heads running around with those robot dlc raiders, I think I'll make a fake data folder, reinstall all my junk to there, then make that an archive with the compilation esp, of course then something else will come along that updates/breaks that.

Now that I've merged several more gun mods together I think I see what it might be, ammo drops also seem to be level dependent... so maybe if the RNG gives a guy a weapon but no ammo for it, he doesn't get the weapon after all?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Saint Sputnik posted:

Now that I've merged several more gun mods together I think I see what it might be, ammo drops also seem to be level dependent... so maybe if the RNG gives a guy a weapon but no ammo for it, he doesn't get the weapon after all?

weapons come with a full clip of ammo dont they? i know when you pick them up as a player they do. This is the best with the minigun. I have over 800 rounds of gently caress you in my survival run.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Nasgate posted:

weapons come with a full clip of ammo dont they? i know when you pick them up as a player they do. This is the best with the minigun. I have over 800 rounds of gently caress you in my survival run.
Weapons have a 'NPC ammo' field that's added to any NPC they spawn on. It could be that one of the modded weapons has a receiver mod that rechambers it but doesn't change its NPC ammo type.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Seditiar posted:

Not directly, no. But maybe this suits your needs?

Not really but that is cool. I was hoping that since there were already different unarmed upgrades on power armor that someone has played with what was there. I wonder how difficult it would be to mess with.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11798/

Ok this mod is really awesome, and I can't decide if I like it more or WAY more because it lets you put it on both Jane AND John Fallout, for extra ridiculousness. Also, Nuka-cola molotovs.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Saint Sputnik posted:

Oi! dont get all quantum state.

schrodingers boomstick. or something.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Gonkish posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11798/

Ok this mod is really awesome, and I can't decide if I like it more or WAY more because it lets you put it on both Jane AND John Fallout, for extra ridiculousness. Also, Nuka-cola molotovs.

this owns like hell

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/7221

So heads up, apparently the CK is going into a wider beta test, meaning it's most likely coming soon? I guess? Maybe?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Well, in the search for an unarmed power armor mod I ended up creating one instead. All it does is increase the unarmed bonus on the hydraulic bracers upgrade from 15 to 90, which is just a number I pulled out of my rear end. The tesla bracers look a bit trickier to change because it is energy damage but I'll keep poking. I've never done any modding before, had fun would mod again.

e: Oh well that was a fun little exercise

Unarmed power armor damage changed from 10 to 30
Rusty knuckles bleed damage changed from 3 to 8
hydraulic bracers unarmed bonus changed from 15 to 30
tesla bracers energy damage changed from 45 to 60

I'm happy with that. I *think* all the changes are working, not 100% sure on the tesla bracers though.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Apr 10, 2016

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
So instead of Survival Mode, I started a new game in Very Hard with several mods like Rebalancer, More Spawns, Less Loot and Ammo, and probably some others I've forgotten and now the game is actually interesting. I don't want to say it's harder, because it's hilarious coming into a three way battle between raiders, gunners, and random beasts, while trying my best to hide because I only have 10 bullets for my gun and I need to make it count. Sometimes I even try to kite bad guys into other camps to help me out, and I don't always succeed. There is almost always constant fighting out there in the wastelands, and explosions off in the distance. It's a war, and as I get higher level, and the mobs even get higher, it gets worse.

And in my Rebalancer settings I have damage set to high for both me and enemies, so most normal mobs(almost all of them are skull faced) still die in 1-3 shots, but things like Super Mutant Primes and Deathclaws still take a lot of ammo to take down. It also means I cannot take as many hits, and I can still be one shot by some things, so I hide a lot. Compared to my first game, where I can calm walk around and shooting stuff lazilyThis is also the first run thru where I use pipe weapons a lot, just because that ammo type is the most plentiful.

I have my settlers set as mortal, and I just saved some settler's father at County Crossing, when a fuckin' Deathclaw come up as I'm talking to the guy, picks him up, dismembers him and throws him off about 50 yards. It almost got me too, and had me in hand, but Doc Weathers and his guards happen to be there and took it out, while it was grabbing me. There should have been two settlers here too, but one of them disappeared while I was away, so I just inherited a settlement with no people.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

AgentHaiTo posted:

So instead of Survival Mode, I started a new game in Very Hard with several mods like Rebalancer, More Spawns, Less Loot and Ammo, and probably some others I've forgotten and now the game is actually interesting. I don't want to say it's harder, because it's hilarious coming into a three way battle between raiders, gunners, and random beasts, while trying my best to hide because I only have 10 bullets for my gun and I need to make it count. Sometimes I even try to kite bad guys into other camps to help me out, and I don't always succeed. There is almost always constant fighting out there in the wastelands, and explosions off in the distance. It's a war, and as I get higher level, and the mobs even get higher, it gets worse.

And in my Rebalancer settings I have damage set to high for both me and enemies, so most normal mobs(almost all of them are skull faced) still die in 1-3 shots, but things like Super Mutant Primes and Deathclaws still take a lot of ammo to take down. It also means I cannot take as many hits, and I can still be one shot by some things, so I hide a lot. Compared to my first game, where I can calm walk around and shooting stuff lazilyThis is also the first run thru where I use pipe weapons a lot, just because that ammo type is the most plentiful.

I have my settlers set as mortal, and I just saved some settler's father at County Crossing, when a fuckin' Deathclaw come up as I'm talking to the guy, picks him up, dismembers him and throws him off about 50 yards. It almost got me too, and had me in hand, but Doc Weathers and his guards happen to be there and took it out, while it was grabbing me. There should have been two settlers here too, but one of them disappeared while I was away, so I just inherited a settlement with no people.

(1) Build massive robots
(2) Massive robots!
(3) ??????????????!
(4)(Prophet)

While its not exactly stalker levels of "well, thats wacky and zany" now wtf just happened, any mod that adds that kind of ambience sounds allright.

staberind fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 11, 2016

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

staberind posted:

(1) Build massive robots
(2) Massive robots!
(3) ??????????????!
(4)(Prophet)

While its not exactly stalker levels of "well, thats wacky and zany" now wtf just happened, any mod that adds that kind of ambience sounds allright.

A good mod for making a good robot
and by robot i mean Zaku
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BcRCgkUKts

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is there a mod that lets you transfer furniture and poo poo between settlements? Tried looking for one on Nexus but I guess I'm not using the right keywords or something? Anyways, don't want to have to rebuild poo poo at the Castle and would much rather move Sanctuary's poo poo to other places.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

QuantaStarFire posted:

Is there a mod that lets you transfer furniture and poo poo between settlements? Tried looking for one on Nexus but I guess I'm not using the right keywords or something? Anyways, don't want to have to rebuild poo poo at the Castle and would much rather move Sanctuary's poo poo to other places.

Yeah, thats something I wanted a long time ago, I kind of got around it by going to spectacle isle asap and using that as my base of operations, as soon as possible.
then slowly going around once I had enough population built up at the castle, sanctuary and so on to build better settlements at the smaller places with only a couple of settlers. if there's a few sentry guns and whatnot, it gets a lot easier to just dump stuff in one place and have a network of caravans.

Nasgate posted:

A good mod for making a good robot
and by robot i mean Zaku
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BcRCgkUKts
Hmmm, no Gerbera Tetra. now, a giant robot I'd like to see in fallout would be the Gryphon-labor or the Brocken.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

QuantaStarFire posted:

If they're connected via supply lines you can store already placed objects in the workshop bench by highlighting them in workshop mode and hitting the appropriate keybind. (On PC it's tab, unsure about consoles.) Then all you'd need to do is head over to the castle and plunk the poo poo down. The stored objects won't cost you resources to place again.

If they're not connected via supply lines you're poo poo outta luck, though.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Gonkish posted:

If they're connected via supply lines you can store already placed objects in the workshop bench by highlighting them in workshop mode and hitting the appropriate keybind. (On PC it's tab, unsure about consoles.) Then all you'd need to do is head over to the castle and plunk the poo poo down. The stored objects won't cost you resources to place again.

If they're not connected via supply lines you're poo poo outta luck, though.

I've got supply lines going for all of my settlements. When I go to build something, like a chair (since I have a billion of those from Sanctuary), it doesn't tell me how many I have unless I'm in Sanctuary. Is it just a display glitch?

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

QuantaStarFire posted:

I've got supply lines going for all of my settlements. When I go to build something, like a chair (since I have a billion of those from Sanctuary), it doesn't tell me how many I have unless I'm in Sanctuary. Is it just a display glitch?

No, he's just wrong. Assembled items don't transit across supply lines.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

boneration posted:

No, he's just wrong. Assembled items don't transit across supply lines.

Holy poo poo, you're right. gently caress. I could have sworn that it did. Welp. :smith:

Meanwhile, WW is out and there's a basic conflict with Settlement Keywords right now such that you won't be able to see most of the new goodies in the menus until you disable it and any mods that need it.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I found a great video on editing things in nifskope and getting them into the game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppTXCJ0SZ88) and thought I had everything under control, but I get CTDs as soon as I hover the mouse over my meat tenderizer in the pipboy or drop it at my feet. I guess the mesh is hosed somehow but no clue where. Oh well, back to square one I guess.

Edit-

I wonder if it is because I used a hammer as my base .nif file and I think the hammer might not actually be a weapon?

Wrr fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Apr 12, 2016

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wrr posted:

I wonder if it is because I used a hammer as my base .nif file and I think the hammer might not actually be a weapon?

Did you make a gnd.nif? like its laying on the ground, I think thats whats used for a world model and a menu model....

Gonkish posted:

Holy poo poo, you're right. gently caress. I could have sworn that it did. Welp. :smith:

Meanwhile, WW is out and there's a basic conflict with Settlement Keywords right now such that you won't be able to see most of the new goodies in the menus until you disable it and any mods that need it.

Thanks for this. (thank gawd i don't use settlement keywords) and from what I did see, its a waste of dolla, cages to trap beasties? uh, no thanks, I'll go check if there is anything worthwhile in this dlc.

(EDIT): I seem to remember mentioning Horse Armor, well, this dlc is the fallout equivalent. unless trapping raiders and turning them into settlement guards is possible, also, it released after automatron, and I don't see any robot traps.

staberind fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 12, 2016

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

New DLC is neat, especially if you have the season pass.

You get concrete structure parts, including windows and curved walls. Lot's of new lamps, some new traps, a fusion generator producing 100 power and some more decorative stuff. Feels very much like a mod really, but I guess it is.

Set down some traps, but it takes up to a week to catch something, and I didn't have time to play after making my concrete house.

You also get two bases, red and blue, that you can assign settlers to. They will be aggressive to each other according to tool tip, again, didn't have time to try them out. You get a beacon thing that calm down stuff you catch in crates that you can turn off to start fights.

Oh yeah, and another beacon that might just make the whole thing worth it! A "relax beacon" , that will make all settlers nearby (tool tip, don't know radius) go into relax mode, doing off-work stuff.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Don't start from scratch yet. Just make a simple twenty poly cylinder and do the process with that. If it breaks it's your process, not the mesh.

Also do the ground model thing if you haven't.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Don't start from scratch yet. Just make a simple twenty poly cylinder and do the process with that. If it breaks it's your process, not the mesh.

Also do the ground model thing if you haven't.

staberind posted:

Did you make a gnd.nif? like its laying on the ground, I think thats whats used for a world model and a menu model....

Thanks, I'll investigate this gnd.nif thing. I don't exactly mean from scratch-scratch, more the part of getting it into a working .nif.

At one point I had it 'working' due to the fact that I forgot to actually point the mod at the mesh itself (went as far as the folder, not the actual .nif). I could hit things with an invisible baton that was named Security Meat Tenderizer. Once I pointed it at the mesh itself though it started crashing, so I assume the mesh it whats wrong. Not clue what part of it though.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Is there a mod that shows your equipped weapon either across your back or on your hip when you put it away like in FO3/New Vegas? Just having a rifle disappear when I put it away is super dumb.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Haven't used it myself, but reviews look good:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10317

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Anyone miss the securtrons from FNV? This looks pretty awesome!
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11910/

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
Holy crap that's amazing! I'd love to get the Securitron voice too but maybe that's a little much to hope for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
The robot gang is all here!

• Locked thread