Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

Wrong bitch!!! Feel the pain

Jesus even the menu screens are unforgiving...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.
japanese is the dark souls of languages.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its out in 4 days. io hope i get my copy early

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

also theres a "do you want to proceed to ng+?" prompt after the credits

Glad they brought this over from DS2

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Major spoilers on almost all the big gaming sites, just turn the Internet off until mininght tuesday

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat my bowblade run earlier today. Once I had gehrmann down to the tiniest sliver he started doing his super Saiyan charge animation again so I just backed away slowly filling him with arrows until he fell over like a baby and died

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lol nice

I just got my code to predownload ds3 on steam. should I work the weekend and take off monday and possibly tuesday? y/n

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Quit your job, play ds3 until you're starving and evicted

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

sector_corrector posted:

memes, or as some say maymays

I lolled

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Vulich the Subtle posted:

this is what i did. both ng+ and burial blade.

big ol' scared baby to fight ludwig at NG+3 tho

I did it with the claws in ng+3. It was amazing

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
If im trying to sneak up on an enemy, does having a torch out make it more likely that theyll notice me coming behind them?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's actually a good q
I checked but all I found was that the hand lantern slows stamina regeneration whoa

frank.club fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 9, 2016

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It used to they fixed it. The hand lantern thing that is

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

Skylark posted:

If im trying to sneak up on an enemy, does having a torch out make it more likely that theyll notice me coming behind them?
i think so, they seem to notice me from further away with a torch out at least

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Skylark posted:

dont think so. but some enemies will always notice u and some are totally deaf such as the slimy bug dudes in brygenwerth

a clown
Oct 13, 2012

by Smythe
i played blood borne and hell, i liked it.

a clown
Oct 13, 2012

by Smythe
i enjoyed bloodborne very much.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Skylark posted:

not if u use a blue elixir

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

pretty sure torch and hand lantern don't increase the chances of an enemy spotting you, which I always thought was weird

also, orphan of kos is kind of nuts

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

frank.club posted:

that's actually a good q
I checked but all I found was that the hand lantern slows stamina regeneration whoa

what the gently caress

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fiction posted:

what the gently caress

it was patched like a year ago

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

there is a hidden weight system that effects your stamina regen and the lantern used to have the highest weight of all items

now i think only weapons have weight

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

all of bloodborne's weight system related stuff was completely patched out last year, there is no weight system in this video game anymore you are reading old info

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh okay my b

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

SciFiDownBeat posted:

also, orphan of kos is kind of nuts

*otherworldly shriek*

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Good morning. Anyone else thinking about Bloodborne today? :)

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
I am now!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I was thinking about bloodborne, and also about dark souls 3, which is LESS THAN TWENTY FOUR HOURS AWAYYY

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Fought orphan again today after several months and felt like a powerful ballet dancer

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

http://imgur.com/5DM4Kwe

Thanks for the good times BB. Can't wait to revisit on Halloween for some trill rear end spooky gaming.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so that's you

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

frank.club posted:

so that's you

It's when I covered Yahar'gul Unseen Village at karaoke night

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beepstreet posted:

It's when I covered Yahar'gul Unseen Village at karaoke night

Nice handle :hfive:

I'm not getting ds3 on release (I tried some ds1 yesterday and didn't like it, all the attack animations are so stiff and I have no idea what anything means or why I want to be unhallow gameplaywise) so I will miss posting with you all.

I ask a small favor though, please think of your old pal beep by grandpa if there is a class in ds3 that plays like a Hunter because then I will be interested. Until then, please carry on in my stead :tipshat:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

beep by grandpa posted:

I ask a small favor though, please think of your old pal beep by grandpa if there is a class in ds3 that plays like a Hunter because then I will be interested. Until then, please carry on in my stead :tipshat:

haven't played ds3 yet but tearing through previous games with two weapons, no shield and fast roll prepped me for bloodborne well. might want to give that a try since i hear ds3 is faster-paced than other entries

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Homework Explainer posted:

haven't played ds3 yet but tearing through previous games with two weapons, no shield and fast roll prepped me for bloodborne well. might want to give that a try since i hear ds3 is faster-paced than other entries

imagine ds1 but all the animations are sped up 1.3x and look nicer, except the rolls which just look nicer.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

scary ghost dog posted:

imagine ds1 but all the animations are sped up 1.3x and look nicer, except the rolls which just look nicer.

i'm imagining it and i'm fully erect

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
DS3 is like if Dark Souls and Bloodborne had a baby.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

dark souls 3 is awesome. it took a little bit of time for me to warm up to it but it's really good. the bosses are great

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

SciFiDownBeat posted:

dark souls 3 is awesome. it took a little bit of time for me to warm up to it but it's really good. the bosses are great

Why not post about this in the appropriate thread, rather than the bloodborne thread? This is your final warning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

conceitedguy posted:

Why not post about this in the appropriate thread, rather than the bloodborne thread? This is your final warning.

I'll stop, no need to be hostile. But I didn't get a first warning. And I'm not spoiling anything. And I'm not the only one talking about it