Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Um...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lurdiak posted:

Late reply but I wish the game had stuck more to the jocular tone of the early stages because all the demon drama was really boring.

Not as late reply: I disagree, I thought the story was surprisingly well done, even if it was mostly Hoji's rather than Wang's.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just woke up and I was gonna tell everybody to have a nice day today but I'm flipping out because it's loving snowing outside what the gently caress weather make up your goddamned mind

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Welcome to every single winter in the hellscape of Canada. 8 Months of winter, 2 months of autumn.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's april in fuckin pennsylvania in a city known for being flooded and instead of lots of rain we keep getting hot days followed by snowwww

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

FirstAidKite posted:

I just woke up and I was gonna tell everybody to have a nice day today but I'm flipping out because it's loving snowing outside what the gently caress weather make up your goddamned mind

Yuuup I woke up to snow today too, had snow yesterday as well.

gently caress this grey earth.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Golden Goat posted:

Oh, turns out I get a copy of The Division with the graphics card I ordered...

I really don't know if i'll play it at all.

E:Gross it wants me to sign up with UPlay
I'd say you should play it anyway, but odds are you can sell it. If you don't like hiding behind boxes and shooting mans for loots then that may be a better idea

I hear Uplay isn't as much of a nightmare anymore but as with any PC software thing you could be the unlucky one who it destroys

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I finally played Tales from the Borderlands episode 5. Pretty great.

I don't know if the series has anything else in the pipeline, but if anything else comes of it I want an appearance by my cool idiot pals.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i played through kotor again recently and i had a really good time playing as the rogue class and the jedi class that sets up stuns for rogue bonus damage rolls. me and hk 47 and zaalbaar crusing around the outer rim

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I have nowhere to post hottest and most important news on video games censorship, so I hope it's alright if I post it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLegdwWd8TY

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

I have nowhere to post hottest and most important news on video games censorship, so I hope it's alright if I post it here.

there's a youtube channel devoted to this poo poo now? ha

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
My wife and I bonded over playing Catherine. We beat it twice, one with a standard ending because we chose the answers that felt right at the time, and once with the full evil ending. In that ending Catherine (the blonde?) turns out to be a succubus who is also the daughter of Satan, and you over power Satan to become the Lord of Hell. It's weird but I'm sure it's a thousand times better than whatever happened if you stuck with your girlfriend throughout.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

there's a youtube channel devoted to this poo poo now? ha

There is a lot of censorship in video games, friend. Someone has to reveal the truth.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

i played through kotor again recently and i had a really good time playing as the rogue class and the jedi class that sets up stuns for rogue bonus damage rolls. me and hk 47 and zaalbaar crusing around the outer rim

I played KOTOR II a little while ago and man you could snap that game in two with force powers.
I ramped up Stasis and Wisdom on Kreia and Visas and all fights turned into them running in and spamming it constantly.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

LawfulWaffle posted:

My wife and I bonded over playing Catherine. We beat it twice, one with a standard ending because we chose the answers that felt right at the time, and once with the full evil ending. In that ending Catherine (the blonde?) turns out to be a succubus who is also the daughter of Satan, and you over power Satan to become the Lord of Hell. It's weird but I'm sure it's a thousand times better than whatever happened if you stuck with your girlfriend throughout.

Hey, it was a lovely wedding.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Paladinus posted:

I like how offensive is in quotes.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FirstAidKite posted:

Let me guess, central Pennsylvania?

Paladinus posted:

So it was neither called offensive nor censored, just that the devs felt like assholes for doing it and decided not to?
FUCKIN SJWSSSSSSsssss

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 8, 2016

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I've never played ninja gaiden is it harder than the ps2 shinobi? if you say yes I don't believe you.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

raditts posted:

Let me guess, central Pennsylvania?

So it was neither called offensive nor censored, just that the devs felt like assholes for doing it and decided not to?
FUCKIN SJWSSSSSSsssss

Developers got fat.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

It is pretty dumb that they had already spent the time to implement the feature but then removed it because apparently "fat people are funny looking" is too mean-spirited a thought for these transcendent video game devs.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Walrus posted:

I've never played ninja gaiden is it harder than the ps2 shinobi? if you say yes I don't believe you.

ninja gaiden isnt really a stealth game so theyre not comparable

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

PantsBandit posted:

It is pretty dumb that they had already spent the time to implement the feature but then removed it because apparently "fat people are funny looking" is too mean-spirited a thought for these transcendent video game devs.

Yeah, the fact that they are giving themselves a pat on the back over this is the most lol thing.

Also pathetic nerds and censorship drama, what else really is new on the Internet?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Walrus posted:

Ninja Gaiden kinda bounces between bad hard and a good challenge.
Shinobi's just bad.

Also I'd like a week where we don't bring up dumb "controversial" stuff.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

ninja gaiden isnt really a stealth game so theyre not comparable

Neither is the PS2 Shinobi. Shinobi's the game where you have that longass red scarf and you are constantly under a short time limit unless you're constantly killing dudes.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Golden Goat posted:

Also I'd like a week where we don't bring up dumb "controversial" stuff.

So there would be no chat thread that week?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The original Ninja Gaiden is a legit kick to the balls but its combat engine is so satisfying that it's worth every moment of it. It challenges you to get good and then rewards you with even harder challenges. gently caress ghost fish though.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is a more polished and balanced experience, mostly because you can recover health without using an item by counter attacking quickly a la Bloodborne. It's a great system and encourages you to go all on offense, utilizing your dodge to just better position yourself to keep comboing with your loving wolverine claws.

Talking 3-D ones here.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ninja Gaiden 1's level design is so indicative of people who didn't have a lot of experience making games.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Neither is the PS2 Shinobi. Shinobi's the game where you have that longass red scarf and you are constantly under a short time limit unless you're constantly killing dudes.

i was thinking of shinobido

ive never played shinobi :shrug:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ninja Gaiden's idea of "get good" is to abuse invincibility frames.

Wamdoodle posted:

So there would be no chat thread that week?
Sorry I meant more like I wish angry manchildren on the internet gave it a rest for a bit. It's felt like each week for the past while there's been something dumb they're stirring up.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 8, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ninja gaiden is rad as hell

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Nunchuck scythes are dope as gently caress.

Also that giant fuckoff sword that if you counter attack it can one-shot stuff.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

is there a log you can upgrade into an extremely good wood sword in whatever one this one is

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Golden Goat posted:

Ninja Gaiden's idea of "get good" is to abuse invincibility frames.

Sorry I meant more like I wish angry manchildren on the internet gave it a rest for a bit. It's felt like each week for the past while there's been something dumb they're stirring up.

Yeah, same but as sure as the sun will rise, angry manchildren will cause a stir. Like the sun though, it won't be eternal! :sun:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Paladinus posted:

John Goodmans everywhere were outraged.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

is there a log you can upgrade into an extremely good wood sword in whatever one this one is

Oh yeah, it starts as a lovely wood sword but if you upgrade it enough it becomes this:

Wamdoodle posted:

Yeah, same but as sure as the sun will rise, angry manchildren will cause a stir. Like the sun though, it won't be eternal! :sun:
It's just that it's been like every week lately for the past while.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Ninja Gaiden 2 is peak Ninja Gaiden.

The DS game was pretty good but god help your screen if you didn't have a protective film/a very light touch.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ninja Gaiden 2 was cool if really dumb difficulty spikes.

I didn't like 2 Sigma's upgrade system so I sorta prefer the normal version bad performance and all.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

team ninja sure likes gore though huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAEh_Z-ryTU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
But seriously gently caress ghost fish.

Ninja Gaiden 1 is so stressful because even a glancing blow can take off a chunk of health and recovering health is a limited resourced. You can sometimes get health orbs from enemies, but they are quite rare, and if you end up really sucking in a particular area (my least favorite are those narrow underground corridors where you have to solve a puzzle and fiends spawn in every time you go up or down the corridor.) you can wind up with no health options and maybe only half health from wherever you saved. The game required you to think ahead a little, and you may end up resetting to restore a previous save to try and complete an area and retain more healing items.

It's like, more stressful than Dark Souls.

• Locked thread