Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Serious Frolicking posted:

gently caress caro's family. this entire mess was entirely their fault. they ignored his incredibly obvious schizophrenia and never helped him, which is why he went off on his murder/amateur surgery/years of torture tour. if bm made those assholes feel bad (he did not), then that is a good thing.

Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Jailbrekr posted:

You don't loving know that. Leave his family out of it.

Caro was convinced his whole family was a bunch of semiretired cia spies fuking with each other and claimed to have been abused by his mother, etc.

Then again he was also a grown adult who said he stockpiled guns and ammo and claimed to have a comprehensive multi-level defense plan for hjs house with cameras and fire zones to shoot through walls and stuff sooo

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bill Barber posted:

Better be careful. If it turns out that he actually doesn't have a dad you're gonna feel really bad about making this statement.

that's why i said maybe

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Drone_Fragger posted:

Holy poo poo I assumed he'd been murdered by assad. Jesus.

mods rename somebody ITT Assad Jesus.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Minimalist Program posted:

mods rename somebody ITT Assad Jesus.

Can I call dibs?

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Holy poo poo, NPR Headline News is reporting on this now.

Jesus, Caro must be more mentally hosed than Schmorky's fiancee at this point.

What if Caro, as a result of all of the torture and screaming "BrownMoses, why hast thou forsaken me?!", comes out of this as a normal, functional human being with no evidence of lingering mental issues?

Makes you think...

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Furious Mittens posted:

What if Caro, as a result of all of the torture and screaming "BrownMoses, why hast thou forsaken me?!", comes out of this as a normal, functional human being with no evidence of lingering mental issues?

Makes you think...

Having his balls hooked up to a car battery accidentally gives him electroshock and cures him

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Wow. I thought he was dead. Good on the US getting him back.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

red19fire posted:

I just don't get why they tried so hard to free Literal loving Crazy Person Pretending To Be A Journalist, when there's a an actual, valuable, real journalist in the torture prison who did not pick up rifles and try to kill people.

Like is the news just ignoring the part where Caro's completely out of his mind, thinks everyone is a CIA agent and believes he has cameras and tracking bugs implanted under his skin?

it might be a show of good faith in the wider context of freeing the not crazy guy

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Holy poo poo, the peacock god provides

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

it kinda seems like you're saying mentally ill people's lives are worth less!

Kinda.

The instant Caro picked up a rifle and began shooting, he ceased to be a journalist, he became a combatant. The other guy was a journalist, who along with medical personnel are supposed to be treated as neutral parties.

Caro should be lower on the list of political prisoner priorities, that's all I'm saying.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Thank you President Obama for bringing our Goons home. :patriot:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

In 50 years I hope we don't remember this like Lee Harvey Oswald coming back from Russia.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Triticum Guzzler posted:

that's why i said maybe
BM never said Caro was for sure dead. :ssh:

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Kevin Patrick Dawes, American Hero.

We did it Goons! We posted enough to bring Caro back from the dead and secure his release!

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

that GQ article mentions SA more times than I've ever seen SA mentioned.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

red19fire posted:

Kinda.

The instant Caro picked up a rifle and began shooting, he ceased to be a journalist, he became a combatant. The other guy was a journalist, who along with medical personnel are supposed to be treated as neutral parties.

Caro should be lower on the list of political prisoner priorities, that's all I'm saying.

Unironically I understand what you are saying.

Still, glad he's "alive". Hope his suffering is at an end.

For peak goon someone should get Joe Rogan to interview Caro.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016

red19fire posted:

Kinda.

The Post article says that the purpose of this release is directly related to the pending (actual) journalist release, i don't understand this stuff but apparently it's a delicate dance they do and somehow this can be taken as a message? So he was lower on the list, but served a purpose related to a higher item.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bill Barber posted:

well then. apologies.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

life is a joke posted:

The Post article says that the purpose of this release is directly related to the pending (actual) journalist release, i don't understand this stuff but apparently it's a delicate dance they do and somehow this can be taken as a message? So he was lower on the list, but served a purpose related to a higher item.

From what I read, they are releasing Caro in exchange for us sending them Dad Gay, So What.

Not a good exchange. This is the next Bowe Bergdahl controversy.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

All these dank jokes aside if youre a spiritual person please pray for caro and he will doubtlessly need help upon his return so if a means arises to do so, please help support caro. He has given so much in laughter and story and intrigue to this website i cant help but feel that if we can give back to support this most assuredly broken human being, we should, imo :smith:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

life is a joke posted:

Basically, they will only give the US the actual journalist if the US promised to take Caro with them too.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Furious Mittens posted:

From what I read, they are releasing Caro in exchange for us sending them Dad Gay, So What.

Not a good exchange. This is the next Bowe Bergdahl controversy.

DGSWGhazi

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Hillary Knew, Mods Knew

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

actually he did, here's the quote I found:

BrownMoses posted:

Caro is dead. He's been captured by Assad's government forces and now he's dead. I repeat: Caro is dead.
It came as a massive shock to me as well, I know.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he will remain the heroic freelance journalist unless someone makes the mistake of actually interviewing him. the fact that he was never a journalist and that video on youtube where he shoots someone will be ignored because no one wants to hear a weird depressing story about a mentally ill man who never got the help that he needed. if not for caro's very specific delusions he probably would have killed people domestically via a routine mass shooting.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Furious Mittens posted:

Hillary Knew, Mods Knew

Hillary knew, mods screwed

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
He's alive you guys.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Furious Mittens posted:

Hillary Knew, Mods Knew

Lowtax, show us the emails.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Another:

BrownMoses posted:

Caro is dead as fuckballs. 120% fuckballs

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
That's a lot of fuckballs

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I have a friend who grew up on a dairy farm and had their stupid dog run get creamed by a car on the highway. It was early in the morning and dark, and the dog skittered off into a ditch to die and they couldn't find it in the dark. Couple hours later they go looking for it again in daylight and they still can't find him.

3 days later the dog shows up all ragged looking, and his tail had been broken and healed at a right angle pointing straight up. They renamed him "Captain Hook" because of his hilariously stupid looking tail. He was an animal too stupid to die and way luckier than he deserved.

If that happened again today, I'd rename that dog Caro.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hemophilia posted:

All these dank jokes aside if youre a spiritual person please pray for caro and he will doubtlessly need help upon his return so if a means arises to do so, please help support caro. He has given so much in laughter and story and intrigue to this website i cant help but feel that if we can give back to support this most assuredly broken human being, we should, imo :smith:

nah

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

*waits for vilerat to come over the hill too like the third pet at the end of Homeward bound*

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Serious Frolicking posted:

he will remain the heroic freelance journalist unless someone makes the mistake of actually interviewing him. the fact that he was never a journalist and that video on youtube where he shoots someone will be ignored because no one wants to hear a weird depressing story about a mentally ill man who never got the help that he needed. if not for caro's very specific delusions he probably would have killed people domestically via a routine mass shooting.

putting a camera on your gun before you kill someone in the third world as a volunteer non-military killer is technically photo journalism i guess

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Uncle Wemus posted:

*waits for vilerat to come over the hill too like the third pet at the end of Homeward bound*

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

hemophilia posted:

The Washington Post posted:

Dawes described in the interview his reasons for being in Libya. “See the world, experience new things, get in way over my head, but, you know, ultimately survive.”

Granted, the article doesn't really convey his tone or emotion but he seems to stand by his decision and I'm not entirely certain he, uh, learned from this experience.

If you're going to pray for anything, pray he doesn't take the Russian train to North Korea to try and go help villagers in the imminent famine or whatever, because he is almost certainly going to try this poo poo again if they don't permanently yank his passport.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
That is one hell of a GQ story.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bill Barber posted:

yes he did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole