Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

There are also a few spots open in pizza dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDaa
Apr 15, 2004

http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/boodaa/

So who should be my next 3 star to champ? I'm sitting on a cover each for 3*Bullseye, GSBW, R&G, Mystique and Human Torch. I'm leaning toward Bullseye or Widow but I guess I could hang on till I get a cover for someone else.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
bullseye is good for pve, but I don't know that he gets that much stronger for being champed. R&G's strike tiles are jaw-dropping at max, and the yellow is fun to use. Widow is a key component of the profx/gsbw/switch team that wins almost every match SW's countdown goes off in, but she's unwieldy otherwise. you are a cover away from a champed IM40 (and 2 covers from getting the legendary token), but holy crap is his yellow good now - and he pairs perfectly with lazycap, who you have champed already.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

BooDaa posted:

http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/boodaa/

So who should be my next 3 star to champ? I'm sitting on a cover each for 3*Bullseye, GSBW, R&G, Mystique and Human Torch. I'm leaning toward Bullseye or Widow but I guess I could hang on till I get a cover for someone else.

If you use Bullseye in the Daily, I'd go for him, since he may get priority in colors (even if just a little) for more chances at the strike tiles. Plus he's awesome in goon/wave nodes in PvE.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
The game acting up for anyone? I'm having connection issues.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Call Me Charlie posted:

You're in. Queue up to join.

ghostwritingduck and Mighty Eris are already in. Welcome :)

One more slot if somebody wants it.

Done, waiting approval

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Joey Freshwater posted:

Done, waiting approval

I posted in our alliance chat but it may take a bit for the commander to see it. Hopefully it won't take too long.

We still have one more slots if anybody's interested (and can meet the requirements)

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 9, 2016

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Howard, a duck.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

not super thrilled with the wave nodes in webbed wonder only yielding regular rewards instead of gradually increasing rewards. i guess they realized there was nothing stopping anybody except for brand new 1* rosters from clearing every wave, so the old wave nodes were giving out too many goodies?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I love that one of Howard's powers is a direct reference to

I love that duck.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I wish they'd update the launch screen, I'm tired of TA Hulk's jet-ski thighs.

IAmUnaware
Jan 31, 2012
I'd love to join an active alliance if one will have me. In-game name is the same as forums name, and this is my roster: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/IAmUnaware/ I don't remember exactly what my season 25 score was (is there a way to check?), but I did manage a 5th place finish.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Pizza dog has a few spots open. It's a pretty chill alliance.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Just pulled a Ghost Rider from taco token and a Rulk from a random hero token. Not going to bother rostering Ghost Rider just to try the legendary DPD node with my single cover, but I still feel like I should buy a lottery ticket or something?

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

I wouldn't. The next 10 lottery tickets will just give you health packs.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
I would rather get 1000 health packs than another TAH or Mr Fantastic cover

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I'm convinced that Kingpin/Muscle/Hood node is impossible. Any team I try gets Kingpin hitting me for 4000 before I can build any power and ice Hood.

- edit Barely beat it with Mystique/Hulk/Quicksilver and got 100 iso for my trouble :waycool:

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 13, 2016

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Call Me Charlie posted:

I'm convinced that Kingpin/Muscle/Hood node is impossible. Any team I try gets Kingpin hitting me for 4000 before I can build any power and ice Hood.

- edit Barely beat it with Mystique/Hulk/Quicksilver and got 100 iso for my trouble :waycool:

the more i play the game, the more i learn with pve that there's nodes i can just straight up ignore. if they look like some bullshit and are yellow or higher in difficulty, that's where i stop progressing for said pve section. it seriously isn't worth my frustration to brute force my way through one of those bullshit nodes and then get 70 iso or a critical hit boost or whatever bullshit.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
I barely beat it with my 3-cover Phoenix and champed GBW and Scarlet Witch; the key is to kill Hood as fast as possible and hope Kingpin doesn't get enough AP to get his maggia countdowns off.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Breezed through it with Ares and 2 others I can't remember. Got critical boosts for my efforts. Trying for that command point (I'm at 19), and every attempt thereafter I've been creamed, save for the one time I Whaled them with Deadpool (and got 100 shiny iso. poo poo.)
Been thru about 16 health packs trying different teams, can get down to just KP left before he kills me. Don't want to Whale again for crap rewards.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
LazyCap, Kamala and IM40 did the job relatively well. IM40 charges, Cap does the heavy hitting and stunning, and KK keeps the team alive and cleans up with her green.

I'm glad I found a good team, cause I had to do the fight seven loving times to get the Command Point.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
At least they're giving away a pink Howard in this wave (his best color)

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

did you enjoy the venom bomb event where symbiote mooks that passively generate a specific AP color are paired with a hero who uses the same color to power his / her abilities? GET FUCKIN HYPE FOR THE FINAL THREE NODES OF DUCK HUNT!

seriously i don't even know what to recommend that would make the experience less tedious. the symbiote mooks are frustrating enough to fight on their own because their passive (read: free) abilities that fire each round are lovely, but they also act as a free battery for the enemy hero. meanwhile, heroes like IM40 are considered decent because they can be a battery, but even he doesn't generate free AP every turn just for being on your team.

actually that would be a cool thing they could let players start grinding out - you can draft shield mooks that can't move tiles but they still passively generate AP and let you use their activated abilities. if it's good enough for the AI to do, it's certainly balanced enough for me to do back! :downs:

edit: i know the trade is supposed to be that by not being able to move tiles, the mooks have less board control and you get the advantage as a player, but holy poo poo, i'd rather have guaranteed AP of a certain color each round and who cares if my shield or attack tiles get matched away. if mooks had to move tiles instead of getting free AP they might also have to match tiles that didn't give them AP that they could use, which is basically what happens when you fight an enemy hero. i feel like mooks + hero is just broken, because there's effectively no drawback for the AI - it gets free AP of the correct color every turn, plus it can still fish for cascades or try to match your tiles away or whatever. complete horse poo poo.

Freaking Crumbum fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 13, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

homeless poster posted:

did you enjoy the venom bomb event where symbiote mooks that passively generate a specific AP color are paired with a hero who uses the same color to power his / her abilities? GET FUCKIN HYPE FOR THE FINAL THREE NODES OF DUCK HUNT!

seriously i don't even know what to recommend that would make the experience less tedious.

The final node still gets crushed by oml/black panther/daredevil. That's my go to team for wave events.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I just destroyed that last node with OML/Cyclops/KK

My node level started at 227

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Call Me Charlie posted:

The final node still gets crushed by oml/black panther/daredevil. That's my go to team for wave events.

yeah, waves work different for sure because you can bring a team that plays long term board control and every enemy wave after the first will probably die before they take an action if you set up the first wave correctly.

my epiphany was that enemy hero + mook nodes are the most broken poo poo because they give the AI the benefits of both styles of team and none of the drawbacks and it's lately been 100% of the later node difficulty in the newer pve events. they should change how mooks work with enemy heroes on the same team - like mooks suppress their free AP/round ability as long as any enemy hero is still alive or something.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
If there's anyone who regularly hits the top progression award in the PVE event and is looking for a top 100 alliance, Wolverine's Den is looking for people. We were 89th in the last event for Howard and 77th in the new Punisher one. Currently 70th in this current event with only 16 people. We're looking for a couple people. No PVP requirement but most of us try to get the 12-pack. If you tend to do well and get the 25CP most of the time and are doing decently in this current event hit me up, or apply in game. (it's cool if you're not doing super well at this current event and aren't on track to get the CP, the requirements for this one are bonkers. Also we're pretty relaxed, it's cool to take some breaks from certain events, we just ask that you try hard in the new character ones )

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Nope nope nope. No. Nope. gently caress this. I'm top 20 in my slice for once and I'm not touching it for the rest of the event. Don't care if I drop out of the 3* rewards.

Can't even clear the first wave in the Wolvie essential node before I'm hosed to death. Can't kill the symbiote before KP floods the board with pawns in the venom node. They can stick Howard up their feathered rear end.

I'm sure it's fine if you have a decent 3* team but I'm just starting my 3* transition and have no chance to clear any of it.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

god drat symbiotes are annoying, struggled to the last node and its four wave level 100+ symbiotes gently caress thissssssss

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
The last wave node that gives a Howard cover is a piece of cake with a well covered and high level Blade. Use the first wave with the slow-moving HAMMER soldiers to gather pink and allow red to stay on the board so you can put out a bunch of strike tiles and deadly attack tiles. Put out enough of them and pretty soon every move you make will take out 60% of every enemy's health and you can roll right along while receiving minimal damage. I went at it with my championed Blade, championed 3-star Steve, and max championed Ares and basically took zero damage.

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 14, 2016

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I'm too new to the game to have any thing champd but I just beat it (barely, Howard was my only survivor with ~1500 health) using a similar strategy with wolverine and howard putting out strikes and ducks and colossus to tank

e: thought it would be all symbiotes before I did it didn't realise there'd be two waves of mooks first

Phoon fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Apr 14, 2016

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

it is nice that they're testing the modified pve scaling in another 7-day event with shitball rewards so there's literally no reason to even loving touch it. oh, you mean if i get put in a baby bracket and fight my rear end off i can win mr. fantastic? hoo-fuckin-ray!

seriously tho it's nice that they're putting just the worst goddamn rewards to match their awful fuckery of the pve system

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

homeless poster posted:

it is nice that they're testing the modified pve scaling in another 7-day event with shitball rewards so there's literally no reason to even loving touch it. oh, you mean if i get put in a baby bracket and fight my rear end off i can win mr. fantastic? hoo-fuckin-ray!

seriously tho it's nice that they're putting just the worst goddamn rewards to match their awful fuckery of the pve system

you know you can stop playing the game if it's not fun right? nobody's forcing you?

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Superterranean posted:

you know you can stop playing the game if it's not fun right? nobody's forcing you?

yeah?

you're aware i don't have to like every change just because it's made right? i don't have to think every character is great just because they exist?

i didn't think disliking the changes they're making to pve or finding mr. fantastic to be underwhelming were novel opinions

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Superterranean posted:

:eng101: You can criticize something you otherwise enjoy because you're coming from a place of wanting to enjoy it more

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Can you criticize something for being a poorly designed money grabbing pile of poo poo that has been aggressively getting worse since launch or is that not permissible?

MPQ's one contribution to gaming is the word FUNbalance.

EasilyAmused
May 16, 2003
Applied to Wolverines Den as Fiddlesticks (sorry Pizza Dogs but I mostly play PVE)

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
I'm actually liking the new scaling for pve. Not because it's good or anything. Now I don't feel pigeoned into playing the 4pm time slot so that I can play right after the day starts and hopefully pull a clear around 8 hour marks. I can play whatever drat slot I please, make a clear on my lunch break, and then at any time I feel just play through whichever nodes have high points that don't make me feel like I'm punching myself in the dick(CP nodes aside.) I get to play a laid back match game with super heroes that nets me a 3* cover and 25CP.

Placement can jump off a pier, gently caress that noise.

e: also this has been in my head for a week now, thanks MPQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0oeY1KMY9U

Maldraedior fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 15, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

BGrifter posted:

Can you criticize something for being a poorly designed money grabbing pile of poo poo that has been aggressively getting worse since launch or is that not permissible?

Sometimes the game reminds me of those snowballs that get bigger as they roll down hill and pick up speed and more snow, except in this case, it's more and more lovely decisions, and the snow is literal fecal matter.

I keep up with this, dc universe online, (and now) marvel future fight to kinda silently observe how much you can displease a fanbase before they just stop playing entirely.

All 3 have impressed me. Once they hook some, they all pretty much go leech mode on the dudes willing to fork out the cash because the higher level people feel like they invested too much to quit and every new person wandering in is ok because they don't realize whats going on yet, nearly everyone inbetween either leaves or is in a state of feeling like 'the next update man, thats when it'll get good again" but it never comes.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Someone hosed up.

The Doc Oc node is giving minimal points (approx 150 per clear) and all nodes are starting about a hundred levels below my characters. I just cleared all nodes plus got my CP in six tries without ever touching a health pack. I know they were making things easier but I doubt they wanted every node to stay gray.