Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Certain images being posted crashes the app, they can be timg'd and it still doesnt help. Dunno if its because the image themselvss are too big or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Uncle Wemus posted:

Certain images being posted crashes the app, they can be timg'd and it still doesnt help. Dunno if its because the image themselvss are too big or what.

Can you post a link?

Also, well, yeah timgs can't help with that, they only make the image's display resolution smaller. It's still the same image, not a thumbnail.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Sereri posted:

Can you post a link?

Also, well, yeah timgs can't help with that, they only make the image's display resolution smaller. It's still the same image, not a thumbnail.

any image thread in pyf does it but specifically anything posted by Vengeance of Pandas or il-landier

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689737&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=884

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
Is there any way to use custom fonts for the app? Themes are easy, and I'm curious about logistics.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
When I was on probation, the forums list was inaccessible as it just a huge pink block. I checked the forums through chrome and I could still do stuff, so is that intentional?

I took a screenshot on my tablet that I can post later of you need it.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

site posted:

When I was on probation, the forums list was inaccessible as it just a huge pink block. I checked the forums through chrome and I could still do stuff, so is that intentional?

I took a screenshot on my tablet that I can post later of you need it.

No that's not intentional.Sounds like I'm bad at layouts. I'll take a look.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Something broke. Can't see thread images or icons.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Toshimo posted:

Something broke. Can't see thread images or icons.

Same, avatars are gone too

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
OLED theme. Also, there's no edit post option in the post menu.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Same report as above two posts.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

This happened: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3510131&perpage=40&pagenumber=216#post458476550

Edit: wrong link

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Everything works again for me.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I recently switched from iPhone to android and of course the awful app was one of the first things I downloaded!

However does this version not allow you to preview posts? Can't figure out if that just doesn't exist or if I'm being dense. I think my only other complaint is that there seems to be no way to just hold and zoom-in on an image to view it easier; instead you click on an image and wait for it to open in a browser to do the same thing? Otherwise things look pretty good. :)

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Not currently, no. I am however working on it at the moment.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Is there any reason known why on my galaxy tab 4 I can't log into the app ?

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Ok, we ALL get probated constantly, but when that happens on my tablet I can't read the threads because the whole left side forum menu is purpled out. It's all purple, baby. I don't like that cause I'd like to read the threads while I think about the rules I broke so I don't break them again.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

anne frank fanfic posted:

Ok, we ALL get probated constantly, ...

:pwn:

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
I've had this problem on my G2 for a while: swiping down (or any other direction) on a code block acts as if I swiped from the left side of the screen and opens the bookmark list, instead of scrolling the page down. I've tried all combinations of settings etc, any ideas?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

anne frank fanfic posted:

Ok, we ALL get probated constantly, but when that happens on my tablet I can't read the threads because the whole left side forum menu is purpled out. It's all purple, baby. I don't like that cause I'd like to read the threads while I think about the rules I broke so I don't break them again.

Coincidentally I fixed that one during the weekend after someone else reported this bug. It might take a little bit for the fix to come through so, uh, don't get probated until then?

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Is there a way took look at a user's rap sheet in the app? There was on the iPhone one.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Another victory for the chosen app. Hurrah.

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe

pokeyman posted:

Another victory for the chosen app. Hurrah.

Don't get me wrong, I love the iOS app, but I just got a shiny new Android tablet, and I mean to use the Awful app available for it as well.

Now for actual content:

I've been experiencing a bug ever since I just acquired the app on my Shield K1 (already familiar with it from when I was testing out a Galaxy Tab 4 7.0). When attempting to load the last page of a topic, either through navigation or through simply clicking a bookmark and jumping to the last read marker on the last page, the app will sit there, appearing to load, but nothing will happen. It will sit there for ages with a blank window and navigation buttons. When it's a case of navigation, the next page button will remain a refresh icon indefinitely. Then attempts to navigate back will also stick a refresh icon indefinitely.

It could also be that this Shield K1 tablet has lovely WiFi reception. I get less than full strength indicator even when I am connected to the WiFi I am sharing from my iMac, which I am sitting in front of, which I only started doing because it was having trouble with the actual house WiFi which is located two rooms away.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

What's your posts per page set to? (In Settings > Posts)

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
It's set to 40, which I assume is the default.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
Sorry if this has already been answered but I didn't see it in the op or last few pages - I have embedded videos on and none of them will actually play, webm or YouTube. They embed fine and I see the first frame but when I click play they turn black and never start. Is this a known issue on some phones? I'm using a Droid Turbo with the current os (5.1)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Would it be possible to have the app automatically enter in YouTube links in the proper format when choosing to embed a video like it'll drop in website links in the URL block?

E: oh yeah, wanted to say that I started using the oled theme and except for the poo poo brown op color and previously read posts being kinda hard to separate out I like it.

site fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 24, 2016

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Would it be possible to add the leper colony page to the app?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Leper's Colony is a bit of a faff, I'm not sure it's a priority at the minute?

site posted:

Would it be possible to have the app automatically enter in YouTube links in the proper format when choosing to embed a video like it'll drop in website links in the URL block?

You mean the youtube.be links you get from the YouTube app? Yeah that's been bugging me, I'll look at it if Sereri doesn't

The Nards Pan posted:

I have embedded videos on and none of them will actually play, webm or YouTube. They embed fine and I see the first frame but when I click play they turn black and never start.

Is your webview up to date? That handles all the video playback. Does it ever work, is it the same on WiFi, have you tried turning hardware acceleration on/off etc

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

baka kaba posted:

Is your webview up to date? That handles all the video playback. Does it ever work, is it the same on WiFi, have you tried turning hardware acceleration on/off etc

Actually an outdated webview usually improves things. Usually. My guess would be that hardware acceleration is turned off. Settings > device and navigation.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

If I click on someone's avatar to expand it, it doesn't expand and I can't scroll down the page unless I swipe back to my bookmarks or forums index or w/e and then swipe back to the thread.

Edit: works now

Elyv fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 25, 2016

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Uncle Wemus posted:

Would it be possible to add the leper colony page to the app?

Even if this is not added, could the probation message at least be a URL so we can tap it and view it in a web browser?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

baka kaba posted:

You mean the youtube.be links you get from the YouTube app? Yeah that's been bugging me, I'll look at it if Sereri doesn't

That'd be cool, but I meant like if the link in your clipboard is from youtube that the video bbcode would automatically add in the type=”YouTube" and put the nonsense letters where they're supposed to go.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

site posted:

That'd be cool, but I meant like if the link in your clipboard is from youtube that the video bbcode would automatically add in the type=”YouTube" and put the nonsense letters where they're supposed to go.

Oh I thought it already did that, but the YouTube app's links with their fancy domain poo poo broke it. I just tried it though and looks like I was wrong!

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Sereri posted:

Actually an outdated webview usually improves things. Usually. My guess would be that hardware acceleration is turned off. Settings > device and navigation.

Bing bong! That did it. Thanks friend! Any disadvantage to using hw acceleration? I don't think I turned it off on my own but who knows, I love noodling around in settings when I'm wasted.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Nalin posted:

Even if this is not added, could the probation message at least be a URL so we can tap it and view it in a web browser?

This and rap sheets. We're missing some tools for figuring out how big an idiot someone is.

I totally understand why they're not in and are likely approx. last priority, though.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Thanks for the app!

Maybe I am blind, but I don't see the report button in the new action menu. Is this version supposed to be snitches get stitches?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Ceiling fan posted:

Thanks for the app!

Maybe I am blind, but I don't see the report button in the new action menu. Is this version supposed to be snitches get stitches?
How the gently caress did I not notice that until now.

Due to a boolean error you can only report mods at the moment. No, not admins. Seems to be a second bug there.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Sereri posted:

How the gently caress did I not notice that until now.

Due to a boolean error you can only report mods at the moment. No, not admins. Seems to be a second bug there.

:lol:

So we aren't shitposting enough in this thread to properly stress test the awful app. I think that can be arranged.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

This app is good. I like it very much. 7 out of 5. This was my review.