Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Angelo is a nickname, Anjuro is his actual name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jotaro said in the first episode that his real name is Anjuro and Angelo is a nickname.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

his name is (well u don't need to know)

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Apes-Ma posted:

Did Araki ever explain why Angelo has an Italian first name and a Japanese last name? I've heard it being translated as "Anjuro" sometimes, but everyone uses Angelo.

What's right?

Probably just because Araki loves Italy and everything Italian.

Like, a lot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also I double checked, and the part where Angelo gets turned even more into the rock is in the first Nijimura chapter, so yeah, it's gonna be next week.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's kind of integral to learning the story of the arrow and only happens once that bit of info is passed on, so it's very definitely going to be the lead-in for the brothers themselves.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I love the slow version of that one theme from SC playing in the background during the phone call.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Aurora posted:

I love the slow version of that one theme from SC playing in the background during the phone call.

Smooth jazz Stardust Crusaders is a good arrangement for older, dorkier Jotaro.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like the Cinderella ad in the ED and the Sheer Heart Attack skulls everywhere

Also Josuke singing to the ED while laying sexily is some real good 90 music video poo poo

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

Begemot posted:

Probably just because Araki loves Italy and everything Italian.

Like, a lot.

Yeah, probably. I also assumed it was a nod to David Lynch's favorite composer, since Angelo has that whole "extreme reaction to inconsequential poo poo" that a lot of Lynch's villains have.

Come to think of it, Lynch and Araki do have a lot in common with each other. They both lack any ironic distance, both are masters at conjuring creepy poo poo, and there's a sense of goodness permeating their work in spite of all the horrible poo poo that goes down.

Apes-Ma fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 8, 2016

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Moltrey posted:

I like the Cinderella ad in the ED and the Sheer Heart Attack skulls everywhere

Also Josuke singing to the ED while laying sexily is some real good 90 music video poo poo

Morioh Boyz is my favourite boy band.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Since someone asked what the deal is with the Part 4 ED, I thought I'd post here that it matches Kira very well. The lyrics and the way the 'camera' passes invisibly between the characters along Morioh's streets give it a really cool, sinister edge.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Morioh Boyz is my favourite boy band.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

This is me every Friday.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Moltrey posted:

It's hilarious to me, that's why I'm loving the (small amount of) salt being spilled over it in other places. Like, it's 100% Josuke. The boy is so vain and silly sometimes.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Josuke pouting in his family photo was very cute, that's my last observation of this episode.

why jotaro hand so small tho

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Moltrey posted:

Josuke pouting in his family photo was very cute, that's my last observation of this episode.

why jotaro hand so small tho

Theres a reason the ladies love Jotaro.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Really hoping that real slow can Okuyasu kicks in the OP is stretched to make up for a yet-to-be-inserted Rohan section.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
They went very light on Kira references this OP - a couple of Sheer Heart Attack symbols and a quick flash during the silhouette sequence. I was kinda expecting to see him in the crowd Josuke walks through or something. I suppose this means they're switching OPs either after Kira explodes Harvest or after he is defeated for the first time.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Did the episode today skip over Jotaro meeting Josuke's mom, or is that the next Chapter?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Fat_Cow posted:

Did the episode today skip over Jotaro meeting Josuke's mom, or is that the next Chapter?

That happens during Nijimura Brothers, so one of the next couple episodes.

E: Also next week or the one after we can finally post the stand arrow that showed up in the season 2 ED, and the wall of Dio's room.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 9, 2016

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

"You're gonna like the way you look."

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Dias posted:

They went very light on Kira references this OP - a couple of Sheer Heart Attack symbols and a quick flash during the silhouette sequence. I was kinda expecting to see him in the crowd Josuke walks through or something. I suppose this means they're switching OPs either after Kira explodes Harvest or after he is defeated for the first time.

i really think this op is gonna expand/change as we get more episodes. we're definitely getting koichi's stand in there, and I think we'll have scenes in the op focusing on the other important characters like rohan

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Condiv posted:

i really think this op is gonna expand/change as we get more episodes. we're definitely getting koichi's stand in there, and I think we'll have scenes in the op focusing on the other important characters like rohan

Yeah I'd be shocked if we weren't getting Echoes added to the OP. Otherwise Koichi's spot in it is just awkwardly long and he looks like a dork for no good reason.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, but koichi's current stand in the OP gives him high Meme Potential, which is very powerful

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, but koichi's current stand in the OP gives him high Meme Potential, which is very powerful

Yeah but soon he'll have "Koichi, did you lay this egg?" and be unstoppable

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Condiv posted:

Echoes and Rohan are getting added to it for sure, so that's at least two variations on this OP. Well, at least Echoes is getting a spot, Rohan shows up just a bit before Kira does, so they might add him as a member of the Duwang Clan on the second OP.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

That the ED ends with the boat Joseph Joestar arrives on makes me think we'll probably get a new ED after Red Hot Chili Peppers goes down.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

with the song all the culture of the last century has been building to, a custom-commisioned smashmouth cover of "don't stop me now" by queen

(i'm retiring that meme now fyi)

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Dias posted:

Dream scenario: last scene of the episode, Reimi says her murderer is still in Morioh, cut to Kira gently bringing a severed hand out of his car...

"She keeps Moet et Chabron in her pretty cabinet, let them eat cake she says, just like Marie Antoinette..."

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I wonder if the OP'll reflect Koichi's changing hair through the series? Actually, I'm kinda curious if flat-top Koichi'll even be animated.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

At the current pace, it seems like we will be eating italian food by friday #8 or 9. hype is unbreakable

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Enourmo posted:

with the song all the culture of the last century has been building to, a custom-commisioned smashmouth cover of "don't stop me now" by queen

(i'm retiring that meme now fyi)

I'm very surprised this isn't a thing already.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

That the ED ends with the boat Joseph Joestar arrives on makes me think we'll probably get a new ED after Red Hot Chili Peppers goes down.

but there's also a highway star shoutout.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

And the ad for Cinderella.

I dunno, it's just a feeling I had.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think the highway star thing was thrown in due to the location of that whole motorcyle bit by the pier

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

i'm just realizing is koichi's hair not blue because of that stupid Frieza movie

that's bullshit that shouldn't count

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

hambeef posted:

i'm just realizing is koichi's hair not blue because of that stupid Frieza movie

I don't think that's why his hair's not blue.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i wonder where the first season is going to cut off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

hambeef posted:

Traditional color schemes are more a suggestion than rule in Jojo, just look at how they made Jotaro's uniform black in part 3.