Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tsob posted:

Yea, I read the first 5 or 10 chapters of Mob and was just bored by it. I'm sure it suits some people, but it's not for me.

sorry about your taste in manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm not so I don't know why you would be.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

There's some common themes between them and both are very clearly by the same author, but they're still very different works. And personal taste will always play a part.

Mob is generally more laid-back in its pacing and places a stronger emphasis on both character development and character-based comedy. OPM's comedy leans more towards the physical, visual, and situation-based. OPM also has more moments of stirring drama tucked away between the fights and the laughs whereas Mob is a lot more low-key, even when stakes are being raised and legitimate threats start appearing. Mob is basically a coming-of-age story for a psychic kid who tends to half-rear end stuff. Except when he doesn't, because he can't keep his feelings bottled up anymore. Even the pitch sounds more low-key than One Punch Man. But while OPM oozes awesome flavored with comedy, Mob is just absolutely gushing with comedy seasoned with awesome. And significantly more warm fuzzies.

It's plainly obvious that OPM has more mass market appeal but I get the feeling Mob is a little more heartfelt on ONE's part.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
When I last posted here this was a OPM thread, I come back to find A Mob Psycho 100 thread in it's place. :D Well I can't say I complain, Mob is amazing. ONE is a great story teller no matter what he's writing. I can't say for sure which has a better supporting cast as they both have their greats, but Reigen in Mob is awesome and I'm also a huge fan of the Body Improvement Club who are the Bro-est Bros who ever did Bro.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The funniest thing is that they'd be antagonists if it was written by anyone else.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Mordaedil posted:

The funniest thing is that they'd be antagonists if it was written by anyone else.

I've noticed this too and it speaks volumes about the people who make this kind of stuff.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

PFlats posted:

I thought Mob Psycho was fine, but not nearly as amazing as the thread seems to say it is.

Nothing is ever as good or bad as people on this forum say it is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sharktamer posted:

Nothing is ever good

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

sharktamer posted:

Nothing is ever as good or bad as people on this forum say it is.

Except Helck

Read Helck

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It could be argued my posts are even worse than people think they are.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Nah, i think people got you right. :v:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

AnonSpore posted:

Except Helck

Read Helck

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Except Helck

Read Helck

That's a funny way of spelling Dorohedoro

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Parrotine posted:

That's a funny way of spelling Helck

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Read One Punch Man!
It's really good.
You'd like it I think.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Tried Helck, didn't care for it

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Shadow0 posted:

Read One Punch Man!
It's really good.
You'd like it I think.

Let's not get too off topic, there's a thread to talk about that one.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

Tried Helck, didn't care for it

holy mother of aids

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Tastes are subjective, but your taste in manga is objectively terrible. So, congratulations I guess?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Tried Helck

it's got a very good fluffy bird thing in it

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Shugojin posted:

Tried Helck

Piuy is not a bird <:mad:>

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Shugojin posted:

Tried Helck

Piuy is best bird.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Piuy is not a bird <:mad:>

W-Who do I believe?! :ohdear:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Piuy is a birb

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

AnonSpore posted:

W-Who do I believe?! :ohdear:

Piuy is a cute

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Piuy confirmed for Not A Bird

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
piuy is also retarded so hes probably just wrong that hes not a bird

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o5ercnUij61uibwas.mp4#_=_

Excited for Helck

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
HELCK TAKES OVER OTHER THREADS.

EVERYONE BELIEVES IN HELCK.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The momentum for this feels especially dead of late.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, the gaps between chapters have been unusually long. Was a lot more consistently biweekly when it started. :shrug:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Asimo posted:

Yeah, the gaps between chapters have been unusually long. Was a lot more consistently biweekly when it started. :shrug:

I hope this doesn't turn into a new Hunter x Hunter...

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

new ova tomorrow right

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Crain posted:

Murata is known for astounding work ethic (Eyeshield 21 was 333 chapters long and never once took a break) so I don't think we'll have to worry about that unless he falls ill. But yes I wish we could have faster releases too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Crain posted:

It's like a week behind schedule, calm down.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

Murata is known for astounding work ethic (Eyeshield 21 was 333 chapters long and never once took a break) so I don't think we'll have to worry about that unless he falls ill. But yes I wish we could have faster releases too.

Yeah, honestly given Murata's work ethic I am expecting something crazy. I feel like other times we had a long wait we got a ton of pages or like those glorious color pages of Metal Knight.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
When you're not feeling confident, remember Murata's words of encouragement.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Believe in Helck Murata, friends

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Murata is the Helck of mangaka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protodude
Dec 10, 2013

Fun Shoe
There was an extra chapter recently that no one's translated as far as I know. Maybe that took up a bunch of his time.