Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I like this because the straightforwardness fits with AP's posting style. needs some kind of flourish to tie it back to this thread though. I will see what I can do.

I have an idea on that front - let's both work something up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

moveable shape posted:

Hey Smart what about that David Jenneson (or whoever) letter about how hosed CIGs character art process is? Seems like that guy got kinda hosed over what with his name being attached to that - I don't remember if you were the source of that or the one that named him. Just curious because man that letter was good and rang true big time

A source pointed out the letter which David had posted in a Facebook group. It then got propagated on Reddit. I wrote a blog, and included it because it happened during the time I was still working on that blog.

Then of course, since it appeared in my blog, it got widespread.

Since everyone was flocking to my blog, David reached out to me and explained that he never intended for it to be made public and asked me to remove it. So I did. But ofc the damage was already done since it was already elsewhere on the Internet.

Up to the point at which he contacted me, I didn't know who David was. And I've had no further contact with him since then.

You've all seen EXACTLY what David said in that letter, playing out with the project.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
patch 2.3.1f 0.2.3.1f on PTU, huge number of fixes:
  • Fixed an issue causing the mass AI spawn issue in Crusader.
  • Fixed an issue where the M50 Interceptor, Vanduul Glaive, Mustang (All variants) and Origin 315p would not refuel Quantum fuel when visiting Cry-Astro station.
  • Fixed an issue where most ship HUDs would not update to show quantum fuel had been refueled until after another Quantum Travel had been engaged.
  • Fixed an issue where the Freelancer missiles would not restock at Cry-Astro if a wing had to be repaired.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

And when the E.L.E does happen, as shocked as some will be, you all would have missed everything leading up to it.

Derek, I'm gonna be honest. As it currently stands nobody except perhaps Loiosh ('cause he's a nice guy) is going to believe you predicted any sort of E.L.E. event. The reason behind this is that you have not predicted poo poo: anything big that happens could be the E.L.E, anything! And as soon as it happens you'll jump into the thread and say "told you so!" and then we'll say "bullshit, Dr. Smart, bullshit".

Like, you use PGP, right? Then send beer (or anybody but octopode, who has access to the best NSA poo poo) an encrypted e-mail with an actual prediction. Then, if/when that happens you can give him the key to decrypt it and then you can descend on the thread from Valhalla, all shiny and chrome, with the biggest :smug: in history.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Quavers posted:

• Fixed an issue where the M50 Interceptor, Vanduul Glaive, Mustang (All variants) and Origin 315p would not refuel Quantum fuel when visiting Cry-Astro station.
  • Fixed an issue where most ship HUDs would not update to show quantum fuel had been refueled until after another Quantum Travel had been engaged.
  • Fixed an issue where the Freelancer missiles would not restock at Cry-Astro if a wing had to be repaired.

"We had the lone programming intern left at Austin fix some of the XML files after a Chris Roberts coke-bender-fuelled refactoring that caused a naming mismatch in a half dozen random barely-functional game systems"

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Quavers posted:

LOL, "quantum fuel".

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I like this because the straightforwardness fits with AP's posting style. needs some kind of flourish to tie it back to this thread though. I will see what I can do.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
It's funny how everyone returns to the thread asking "what's been going on".
When with CIG it's always been about what's not been going on.

Game development has not been going on.
Project management has not been going on.
Star Marine has not been going on.
QA has not been going on.

Even the slow descent into nothingness is about things that are slowly beginning to not go on.

Funding is starting to not go on.
Chris and Sandi have not been showing up in videos.
Ben is starting to not give a gently caress.
Whales are starting to not care.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

this is the one to use

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sedisp posted:

First the enraged Ben, now the shade throwing Ben.

Things are not going well.

Jesus dude, that's loving awesome. Ben literally just threw the chairman under the bus, and also confirmed that Erin is the only Roberts worth a gently caress.

What a day.

WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

What if there's guys in those crates who are going to make me feel grief?

That's the terrible consequence of piracy, you can never know if it's really birds inside those crates you just took into your ship. A sexy Q-ship, the hunter becomes the hunted. :quagmire:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 9, 2016

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

1500 posted:

:fuzzknot: (Bootcha's girlfriend) turned psycho and and was probated, and then forced Bootcha to leave the thread. Although we are assuming they they are not one and the same and it really was a Psycho moment.

No one did anything to EightAce, he/they posted a drunken clue that no one could possibly get then woke up and regretted it.

Goons always eat their own once things get boring. Every single time. No one is safe unless poo poo is going down on the outside.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

:five:

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

orcinus posted:

Even the slow descent into nothingness is about things that are slowly beginning to not go on.

It's pretty much read between the lines, the thread

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I mean regardless of anything, a project with this funding that's produced goat simulator: the spacemannening as its output after this time is worth mocking

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ragequit posted:

Exaggeration Level Event

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

TTerrible posted:

Thanks for the links to the most uncomfortable parts of that ATV. They really do give off the impression that they're on the SS Don'tGiveAFuck and she is taking on water.

Honestly, parts of that started sounding like they were trying to publicly confess that things are hosed and distance themselves.

IDK man, that was one of the most stark and gloomy things I've ever seen out of CIG, and this is CIG we're talking about here.

Alexis: "We're almost done with livecast"

Lando: "Oh, I'm already done. I'm gonna go scream into my pillow for like 5 minutes."

:yoinks:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

orcinus posted:

:agreed:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, OK. Whatever. Forum internet lawyer nobody.

I'm the goon chair lawyer.

In all seriousness though, as some else said your a hero for opening some people's eyes. I never bought into SC but a few friends have. I've been trying to get them to do a refund to no avail. Thanks for being a part of the thread and even though I make fun of you sometimes I really do have a lot of respect for you.

On a very serious note, one of my backer friends was recently talking to me about how he's going to lose his house and how he would rather keep his $12,000 worth of jpegs over keeping his home. He is B'tak levels of nuts since his personal life went to poo poo and I don't know what to do with him anymore. He basically said if he refunds that you have won. He won't save his house because he hates Derek Smart.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Toops posted:

Honestly, parts of that started sounding like they were trying to publicly confess that things are hosed and distance themselves.

IDK man, that was one of the most stark and gloomy things I've ever seen out of CIG, and this is CIG we're talking about here.

Lando: "Oh, I'm already done. I'm gonna go scream into my pillow for like 5 minutes."

They know it's hosed. But, oh look!! Paycheck! Bills! Family! Mortgage!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

hakimashou posted:

this is the one to use

I'll wait see what G0rf and ANJ conjure up, but I'd be more than happy to pull the trigger on that one if nothing else comes up.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

grimcreaper posted:

In all seriousness though, as some else said your a hero for opening some people's eyes. I never bought into SC but a few friends have. I've been trying to get them to do a refund to no avail. Thanks for being a part of the thread and even though I make fun of you sometimes I really do have a lot of respect for you.

On a very serious note, one of my backer friends was recently talking to me about how he's going to lose his house and how he would rather keep his $12,000 worth of jpegs over keeping his home. He is B'tak levels of nuts since his personal life went to poo poo and I don't know what to do with him anymore. He basically said if he refunds that you have won. He won't save his house because he hates Derek Smart.

Honestly at that point just point and laugh at the guy whenever you see him. Who the gently caress cares about pride when you're about to be homeless.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

grimcreaper posted:

I understand what you're saying. But trust me, I'm covered - and any lawsuit they bring, whether it's defamation or whatever, will die. Plus I WANT them to sue me, or anybody.

Thirty years in the biz, not my first rodeo. But it's going to take a helluva of a lot of lawsuits to pierce a $5M liability insurance coverage. I ain't stupid. Let them bring it. That's the thing with liability insurance, it only covers you when you're sued; not the other way around.

GTFO! About your friend; are you making GBS threads me right now? :stonk:

Ravachol
Apr 4, 2016

Renon Vesir posted:

High fidelity, full color Cruella di Sandi. It's a transparent png so you can add whatever you like to the background.

You, sir or madame, have just made my day. Now to set this to a space backdrop and add a caption...

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

grimcreaper posted:

Your friend is an idiot. Either that or we clearly don't understand rational thought development

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Toops posted:

These people doing the community management are the most fanatic shitizens out there and they are beginning to fall apart.

They are the last and hardest to break and now that they are falling apart star citizen is probably worse off than we know.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Good Dumplings posted:

What did the thread even do to get EightAce to leave anyway? I know Bootcha left because his wife got probated (???), but I have no idea what happened here.

Things quietened down for a bit so people with the social skills of rocks crawled out of the woodwork to attack the most notable posters. Leaving us with a less interesting thread.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

This is because AP is so ahead of most everybody else and too good to be associated with iconography derived the scrapheap hat is Star Citizen imagery.

(Just one opinion, mind you!)

G0RF fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 9, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

G0RF posted:

This is because AP is so ahead of most everybody else and too good to be associated with iconography derived the scrapheap hat is Star Citizen imagery.

H4x :argh:

…or just a compromise:

Tippis fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 9, 2016

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

i think lando is a loving queef but this was pretty good.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Turd Burglar posted:

Honestly at that point just point and laugh at the guy whenever you see him. Who the gently caress cares about pride when you're about to be homeless.

Nerds who care way too much about video games.

Loke tgis guy is blind to the fact that if he keeps his ships and loses his house he can not play with those ships??

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Scruffpuff posted:

It's the only one I'm looking forward to. Captain B'Tak is like the treasure goblins in Diablo 3.

That gives me an idea: in Solar Plebian, a ship "Captain B'Tak" should occasionally spawn and fly away from you desperately and erratically, exploding in a shower of goodies if you manage to blow him up before his inevitable jump from the system.

This is loving great, putting it on the ideas board

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

HAHAHA thanks so much! This is going in the Stimpire ships.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Things quietened down for a bit so people with the social skills of rocks crawled out of the woodwork to attack the most notable posters. Leaving us with a less interesting thread.

But that's literally not what people tell me happened; one left because their SO got mad over getting probated, the other left because of a drunken mistake. Call me unfunny all you want, but don't say the site I pay money to did something it didn't.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

MedicineHut posted:

By the way, what happened in the end with Emperor´s Grace (If not mistaken, you took their main system no?)? Did they ever try to recover their cap system?

After 44 days, they got it back on a fluke. Another faction overturned the faction that overturned them, and that was a faction they could go to war with. We only had a minimal presence here because as easy as itnis, loving with EG is not our main purpose in the game.

Now that they effectively reset the status quo... we can just trigger another election and start it all over again :getin:

Also Emperors Grace is no longer a triple elite player group. They also had to have other groups bail them out, and got advice from another group that specializes in background Sim shenanigans

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Regarde Aduck posted:

Goons always eat their own once things get boring. Every single time. No one is safe unless poo poo is going down on the outside.

she didn't really go psycho, she just posted random recipes and knitting things and said she wanted to kill sandi or something. i honestly skimmed past most of her posts back when i lurked (before I paid my 10 dollars) because it was mostly garbage posts anyway.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Literally Kermit, are the Diamond Frogs pledged to any particular power or do they just do their own thing?

(I just got into Elite, like so recently that I only just got my Cobra Mk3 a few days ago, so I have no idea about powerplay or any of the deeper metagame mechanics)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Making it Rain posted:

So i'm pretty sure i've decrypted well bruteforced it correctly, but 8ace did you happen to remove your Drunken msg while taking your ball and going home ??

either i'm inputting it incorrectly or it's been removed :shrug:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=3005&perpage=40#post458362254

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Paramemetic posted:

It is an omen.

Holy poo poo 07's are 9 year vets now

All my life on these forums :negative:

edit: I am a "mister" in forum years and I expect the due respect of it now

Maybe my sudden appearance is connected with 8ace somehow. There's been many strange happenings recently. Hmm...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

I believe it pointed to a website & I believe Making it Rain was enquiring as to whether that endpoint had been removed, not the actual post

• Locked thread