Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I doubt Bale could move at all in the Bat suits, so even simple choreography must suck.
I'm not sure if Affleck could move his neck at all in bvs, but he sure moved fast in the wharehouse fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Honest Thief posted:

I doubt Bale could move at all in the Bat suits, so even simple choreography must suck.

Every time a new Batman movie comes out the guy playing Batman always talks up the new suit and how he can do things in it he never could before. Then when the next Batman movie comes out they talk about how that old suit was so restrictive, but the new suit? This new suit is allowing me to move so much better than before!

The Batfleck suit is the only one I've seen yet that seems to live up to that billing, he really does appear to be able to move around like Batman should.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Honest Thief posted:

I'm not sure if Affleck could move his neck at all in this, but he sure moved fast in the wharehouse fight.

He was able to. I think they said they invented a new fabric to make the cowl or something. It must have been the most comfortable Batsuit of them all.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Basebf555 posted:

Every time a new Batman movie comes out the guy playing Batman always talks up the new suit and how he can do things in it he never could before. Then when the next Batman movie comes out they talk about how that old suit was so restrictive, but the new suit? This new suit is allowing me to move so much better than before!

The Batfleck suit is the only one I've seen yet that seems to live up to that billing, he really does appear to be able to move around like Batman should.

I feel like the logical conclusion of this process is a live action Batman Beyond adaptation, and I'm totally okay with that.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I feel like the logical conclusion of this process is a live action Batman Beyond adaptation, and I'm totally okay with that.

If they did a live-action Batman Beyond they'd still put him in some weird armor plated suit thing, so we'd have the same problem. And I don't think we're ever going to see a live-action version of Batman like the Animated Series where he's basically just wearing a cloth version of Keaton's suit. I guess they think its too close to Adam West and people wouldn't be able to take the character seriously.

The Batman in Batman: Dead End wore a normal cloth suit and it worked just fine.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I don't want to be there though.

Fair enough. Somebody more erudite than me can break it down better, but that clip really displays how each cut was there to make a point, from establishing geography, to establishing intent, to establishing how loving cool it is when Damon breaks through your window. That scene is dramatic in the best way, it keeps ratcheting upwards, from first contact, to fists, to weilding books, then chair legs, then knife-fighting, each step more desperate and cutthroat than the last. It tells a story with each camera change, the blurriness and rawness there to evoke how completely hosed the situation is, until the end, where there is a longish cut on the Desh, lying dead, which is honestly kind of depressing.

Like when Julia Stiles got knocked out. The first cut is her deciding to act. The next cut is her doing it. The next cut is her being elbowed in the face. Then the last is her sprawled out, with the two fighters being displayed in the periphery, establishing where poo poo is going down. Its all so clearly laid out by Greengrass and his crew. And I love it.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mechafunkzilla posted:

What's wrong with the world that Nic Cage was not cast as Dr. Strange?

Cage is finally gonna get his moment in a DC movie when he's cast as the villain for Batfleck: The Movie. I don't give a poo poo who he's cast as, make him Poison Ivy for all I care, but I want a movie where Bruce Miller's Ben Affleck as Batman spends his time hunting down Nicolas Cage.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Here's what Cage is up to this week:
http://www.vulture.com/2016/04/vince-neil-and-nic-cage-get-into-physical-fight.html

quote:

Yesterday in Vegas, Vince Neil allegedly attacked a woman and then got into a physical altercation with Nic Cage, as the actor attempted to calm him down. According to TMZ, Cage and Neil were inside a restaurant when a woman came up to Cage and asked for an autograph. Then, "Vince allegedly got behind the woman, grabbed her by the hair, and pulled her to the ground." The video shows the end of their fight, as Cage tries to restrain Neil. Vince Neil is now the subject of a criminal investigation.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Cage is the hero we deserve

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Basebf555 posted:

If they did a live-action Batman Beyond they'd still put him in some weird armor plated suit thing, so we'd have the same problem. And I don't think we're ever going to see a live-action version of Batman like the Animated Series where he's basically just wearing a cloth version of Keaton's suit. I guess they think its too close to Adam West and people wouldn't be able to take the character seriously.

The Batman in Batman: Dead End wore a normal cloth suit and it worked just fine.

Beyond's suit WAS crazy mech techno armor, wasn't it? You just can't show off that detail with Dini's art style/farmed out animation.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Nic Cage as Maxie Zeus. He can wear a toga and yell crazy poo poo. Love it.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

bring back old gbs posted:

Beyond's suit WAS crazy mech techno armor, wasn't it? You just can't show off that detail with Dini's art style/farmed out animation.

Well I think it was supposed to be some kind of super futuristic techno suit where it is basically like spandex with loving microchips and poo poo in it that makes you strong, faster, tougher. Booster Gold is an example of someone with something similar.

Then again, this is the DCU version of Steel who is basically supposed to be the DC version of Ironman:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

DrVenkman posted:

It's relatively minor, but just in case people were wondering when Daredevil might show up in the MCU...

Perlmutter strikes again!

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/04/08/the-mcu-will-cross-over-into-spider-mans-solo-movie

Can someone explain whats up with Ike Perlmutter? First I'm hearing the name and not sure what I'm looking for on Google.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Can someone explain whats up with Ike Perlmutter? First I'm hearing the name and not sure what I'm looking for on Google.

Ike Perlmutter owns Marvel Comics and was once in charge of the film division before Feige booted him off. He's notorious for being a weirdo conservative rear end in a top hat, to the point where almost no photos of him exist on the internet.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I can't decide if the incongruity of that voice with the design and actions of Ghost Rider is the result of the dumbest or most ingenious casting ever.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gyges posted:

I can't decide if the incongruity of that voice with the design and actions of Ghost Rider is the result of the dumbest or most ingenious casting ever.

I watched that show.

It's definitely the former.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vince Neil should be thankful that Cage is not preparing for a role as a deadly martial artist assassin.

You know who Cage should have played? This guy.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

The MSJ posted:

Vince Neil should be thankful that Cage is not preparing for a role as a deadly martial artist assassin.

You know who Cage should have played? This guy.

Cage also has a thing with pyramids.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

broken clock opsec posted:

Cage also has a thing with pyramids.

See? Perfect.

Speaking of Perlmutter, he recently pissed off a lot of Marvel fans by donating to a Trump veterans charity.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

oddium posted:

benedict cumberbunch is good, and will probably be a good doctor strange

I am actually excited for it because out of all the things that sucked in the Hobbit movies, Smaug was not one of them. Cummberbund has a good grasp of the surreal.

Also can Purlmutter just loving go to hell and give me my Daredevil/Thor crossover please. What the gently caress is wrong with these companies that there's an ACTUAL RIVALRY between the tv and movie divisions?

HIJK fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 9, 2016

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HorseRenoir posted:

Ike Perlmutter owns Marvel Comics and was once in charge of the film division before Feige booted him off. He's notorious for being a weirdo conservative rear end in a top hat, to the point where almost no photos of him exist on the internet.

This is the only photo extant online of him, taken 30 years ago:

All the other Google Images results are of Alan Horn or Kevin Feige or Stan Lee.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Fair enough. Somebody more erudite than me can break it down better, but that clip really displays how each cut was there to make a point, from establishing geography, to establishing intent, to establishing how loving cool it is when Damon breaks through your window. That scene is dramatic in the best way, it keeps ratcheting upwards, from first contact, to fists, to weilding books, then chair legs, then knife-fighting, each step more desperate and cutthroat than the last. It tells a story with each camera change, the blurriness and rawness there to evoke how completely hosed the situation is, until the end, where there is a longish cut on the Desh, lying dead, which is honestly kind of depressing.

Like when Julia Stiles got knocked out. The first cut is her deciding to act. The next cut is her doing it. The next cut is her being elbowed in the face. Then the last is her sprawled out, with the two fighters being displayed in the periphery, establishing where poo poo is going down. Its all so clearly laid out by Greengrass and his crew. And I love it.

The third Bourne movie did it well. The second one was really loving bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyZU7lfGjyk This is all those same ideas executed poorly.

The Desh fight owns, however.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Corek posted:

All the other Google Images results are of Alan Horn or Kevin Feige or Stan Lee.

He looks like what's his face, the Scientology guy.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Corek posted:

I'd probably be self-conscious about having my picture taken too if I'd lost a foot to it being run over with a lawnmower.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Boyd Holbrook is playing "the chief of security for a global corporation pursuing Jackman’s Wolverine " in next year's Wolverine movie.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/boyd-holbrook-wolverine-3-hugh-jackman-1201749479/

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
People rag on the cop brawl at the end of DKR, but them going into the fight without guns was supposed to parallel Bruce climbing out of the pit without a rope. In order to redeem themselves and affect any change in the city, they had to give up the institutional power they had abused.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

HIJK posted:

I am actually excited for it because out of all the things that sucked in the Hobbit movies, Smaug was not one of them. Cummberbund has a good grasp of the surreal.

Also can Purlmutter just loving go to hell and give me my Daredevil/Thor crossover please. What the gently caress is wrong with these companies that there's an ACTUAL RIVALRY between the tv and movie divisions?
:capitalism:

I remember something similar happening between Cartoon Network and DC which resulted in the whole DC Animation block dying a horrible death

There was a useful image to describe this, basically all the subcompanies pointing guns at each other despite being owned by one company

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

:capitalism:

I remember something similar happening between Cartoon Network and DC which resulted in the whole DC Animation block dying a horrible death

There was a useful image to describe this, basically all the subcompanies pointing guns at each other despite being owned by one company

But if they brought the movies and tv shows together, they would make ALL THE MONEY.

gently caress that noise I guess. Who needs more profit anyway.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HIJK posted:

But if they brought the movies and tv shows together, they would make ALL THE MONEY.

What's funny is thanks to Flash, DC has more of a chance doing that now than Marvel ever will.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There's something great about Flash appearing on the Supergirl show on an entirely different channel because he traveled to another dimension.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well Ike won't be in charge forever, they already forced him out of movies.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wasn't he the guy who dressed up incognito for the Iron Man premiere?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

HIJK posted:

Cummberbund has a good grasp of the surreal.
I'm kind of surprised there are still people who aren't tired of Shyamalamadingdong-ing Cumberbatch's name.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

I'm kind of surprised there are still people who aren't tired of Shyamalamadingdong-ing Cumberbatch's name.

you didn't have to draw attention to my dyslexia

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

TetsuoTW posted:

I think Cumvase will do a great job as Dr. Strange.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

HIJK posted:

People's egos get involved too to make them lose sight of the bigger picture, who gets credit for making all that big money?

Viller
Jun 3, 2005

Proud opponent of Israeli terror and Jewish fascism!

Burkion posted:

What's funny is thanks to Flash, DC has more of a chance doing that now than Marvel ever will.

Marvel is probably going to need heroes to fill frames for Infinity Wars, so they might show up then.

Expecting TV actors to have roles in major blockbusters is not very realistic though.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Whizbang posted:

I think Cumvase will do a great job as Dr. Strange.

That Englebert Humperdink guy ruined Cumberbach's name for me. I cant say the latter without the former coming to me first and then its just a tongue tied mess when I actually try to verbalize whatever the gently caress name i am trying to get out. It's just that guy, nobody else. If I watched more stuff he was in I'd probably get it right.

Like "englebach cumberdink' is probably the most common of my mush-mouthings w/r/t that guy.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Mechafunkzilla posted:

What's wrong with the world that Nic Cage was not cast as Dr. Strange?

It's an atrocious injustice and causes me to scream and tear at my clothes and hair a minimum of twice a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

Wasn't he the guy who dressed up incognito for the Iron Man premiere?

Yes, and he complained about guests getting free food.

The guy thought he was on the inside track to taking over Disney, but Fiege has pretty much shut that down thanks to his power play. Now Ike is just a grumpy old man who is trying to make it so no other kids can play with his toys. Cutting off his nose to spite his face.

• Locked thread