Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

panda clue posted:

I am sorry that my criticisms of your precious game seem to have triggered you, but I did actually make pretty thoughtful points on this very page that you just decided to ignore apparently. I'm glad a lot of people around here like Dynamic queue and I have no problem with it existing, but I think Riot is smart enough to piece together a game where both Dynamic and Solo queues can exist together. There is really no reason why people who like one can use one and people who like the other can use the other.

I actually would really like to be playing League right now because it can be very fun, but if Riot makes it not fun for me I'm not going to play it. I don't have time like I used to, and when I log in I want to play the champion I want to play without having to battle with people over it before I even get into the game. I really don't think this is unreasonable.

Also, I only noticed the Phreak tweet since I follow Overwatch and that got posted in an Overwatch thread.

Different people have different opinions about things - hosed up I know.

Can you post a selfie you sound like a cool level-headed guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
If solo queue existed I'd only play solo queue, but it doesn't, so whatever, the average strategic quality of my games goes up a little bit. It's not really a big deal, and I say that as someone who's basically a one-trick of notorious solo queue shitstomper hard carry support Janna.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

NTT posted:

go bitch about it on reddit where they pay attention

very clearly they don't pay attention because otherwise we'd have a concrete answer of DQ either being here to stay or out the window.

Lovechop posted:

riot are genuinely insane people but dynamic queue is rly cool (unless you are challenger) and is one of the best things they have ever done

This is debatable. The old rule of League used to be something along the lines of the 30/30/40 rule, in that 30% of your games you'd win because of direct contributions you made to the game, 30% would be lost because of what you did, and 40% you wouldn't matter because someone/s decided to be on their 30%. But nowadays it feels more like its a 25/25/50 rule, with the 25's meaning what they did before but the 50 representing whether or not you queued into a stack, whether or not the enemy team has a stack, and whether or not someone within those stacks is put up against a wide skill gap matchup (for instance, my diamond s5 player vs gold s5 player matchup i saw in ranked a couple of days ago). This is one of the key flaws of the DQ system, is that because people are able to queue up with friends, there is not much incentive for them to rise very early because they get the opportunity to play with their less skilled friends and put them in a higher skill bracket than where they belong. This is also what is causing the high queue times in every skill bracket, whether you bronze v or challenger, is that because there is no incentive to playing alone and you're more likely to win when playing with your higher skilled friends when they are playing in a lower skill bracket than they should be, then all you see is people grouping up in queues and the queue system goes from trying to find 10 solo players to trying to fit a bunch of different jigsaw pieces together out of the 2-3-4-5 man groups and the wildly varying mmr that separates the players in one group from the players in another becomes very apparent. These are failings of DQ that would not exist in SQ.

Super Librarian posted:

Honestly it's probably because you constantly bring up the subject and almost no one else does v:shobon:v

I bring up the subject only when there is new news on how many shovlepiles of dirt riot has thrown on its grave

kingcobweb posted:

I wasn't posting about you.

oh im sure you responded right after the guy who quoted me so you could talk about that OTHER guy you already said posted like he was on reddit, so you could go and tell him again, how reddit his posts are

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
theres some serious warchickening going on in this thread

panda clue
May 23, 2014

kingcobweb posted:

If solo queue existed I'd only play solo queue, but it doesn't, so whatever, the average strategic quality of my games goes up a little bit. It's not really a big deal, and I say that as someone who's basically a one-trick of notorious solo queue shitstomper hard carry support Janna.

I just think its laughable that Riot tries to pretend that they both cant exist in the same world. I feel like just tagging in a 50% IP bonus to players who queue solo in dynamic-mode would solve the problem of solo players never wanting to queue for the mode. Scale the bonus as large or as small as you need to to find an equilibrium point for solo players between the two modes. People who don't care would always do it for the boost, and people who do care never have to use that mode. The fact that they haven't even experimented with something like this despite a huge outcry from the community asking for it is kinda disconcerting.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 9, 2016

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Meltdown.png

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lets be the chill thread that doesn't tear itself apart with retarded anger, it's nice to have a thread to read instead of whatever happens to the dota thread.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

panda clue posted:

I also love the hypocrisy of riot always taking the moral high-ground in literally any situation, and which leads their employees running around 'burning' people to show their aptitude as Internet Morality Warriors.

https://twitter.com/RiotPhreak/status/717939404300361729
I can just see half of the office going over to Phreaks desk and high-fiving him after he posted that.

I'd reckon that Phreak is being sarcastic. He has a long history of playing CS so I'd hope he hasn't drank the "toxic" kool-aid of Riot.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i dont wish the fate of the dota chat thread on any league goon

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
I just wish Riot would go all in on the new champ select and let me queue for only one role. No matter how long I have to wait I'd accept it, but I guess the average person wouldn't want queues made that long.

I personally have no probs with dynamic queue, I just wish Riot wasn't doing their normal "we have stats" spiel.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

NTT posted:

sincerely, the only goon mad that solo queue is going away

Nah dynamic queue makes me want to play ranked even less than normal. Versing 5 mans is no fun and I only have 1 friend whos as good as me so I cant abuse it.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

moush posted:

I personally have no probs with dynamic queue, I just wish Riot wasn't doing their normal "we have stats" spiel.

I just wish they would let us look at the numbers that would supposedly prove DQ to be the hottest poo poo since sliced bread. The best we can do is just warp their numbers to fit negative narratives the way they try to do it with positive narratives. take this guy for instance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRhladd52_Y

panda clue
May 23, 2014

moush posted:

I just wish Riot would go all in on the new champ select and let me queue for only one role. No matter how long I have to wait I'd accept it, but I guess the average person wouldn't want queues made that long.

This is exactly how HotS does it, and I love it. You choose the champ you want before you even join matchmaking. Being able to actually play a new hero on the day of release owns, even if it means you have to wait for 30 minutes in queue. Most people have enough common sense to know that if they try to queue with someone who is brand new that it is going to be a long wait.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 9, 2016

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

panda clue posted:

I just think its laughable that Riot tries to pretend that they both cant exist in the same world.
I'm fairly sure NA doesn't have enough players to support both. EU and Korea would probably be fine, but I just don't think we have enough players on this side of the pond, at least not playing ranked. Either one will die off like dominion, or both queues will have WAY longer times. High elo soloq would still have long-rear end queue times because it's high elo and the matchmaking struggles there. Axing premades will NEVER fix that problem.

And added, an IP bonus would not be enough to incentivize players to deal with 4-man stacks if they've been traumatized by one. I've never had any problems with them and dynamic has basically been soloq again for me, but there are people who have otherwise it wouldn't come up every time this becomes an argument.

moush posted:

This tbh. It's lyte blabbing on and on pretty much.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
what's with all these avatars

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Enough people stopped playing ranked on oce that my silver 2 friend has 12 minute queue times going top/fill during school holidays.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

panda clue posted:

This is exactly how HotS does it, and I love it. You choose the champ you want before you even join matchmaking. Being able to actually play a new hero on the day of release owns, even if it means you have to wait for 30 minutes in queue. Most people have enough common sense to know that if they try to queue with someone who is brand new that it is going to be a long wait.

I think the real reason is that riot suspects that more people will quit over long queue times than having to pick two roles. A lot of what they do with queues I really suspect is them just triaging what will piss people off more. Unfortunately, a lot of people who like solo queue are the kind of person who won't quit or buy less skins over the lack of soloqueue, so I think Riot really doesn't mind pissing them off.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lovechop posted:

what's with all these avatars

League players love anime

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Spiros posted:

League players love anime

And fire emblem is pretty anime

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Lyte is literally paid to verbally masturbate himself all day. Thats his job. He gets off on having his head up his own butthole.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Overwatch is an okay game that's got a lot of cool fights in it. Well, that's my two cents. Cheers.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Clearly the best way to play a team based game is to play it alone.

And yes Phreak, how dare you call a person acting like an rear end in a top hat and rear end in a top hat.

panda clue posted:

I actually would really like to be playing League right now because it can be very fun, but if Riot makes it not fun for me I'm not going to play it. I don't have time like I used to, and when I log in I want to play the champion I want to play without having to battle with people over it before I even get into the game. I really don't think this is unreasonable.
That is literally how draft works right now.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Bholder posted:

And yes Phreak, how dare you call a person acting like an rear end in a top hat and rear end in a top hat.
Unironically this, considering the stance him and his entire company take on slinging poo poo of any kind at anyone, jokingly or not. It wasn't directed at him, or even his game, in any way. His tweet was literally Riot's definition of 'being toxic'.

I don't give a poo poo what he says to anyone either way, just noting the constant hypocrisy.

Bholder posted:

That is literally how draft works right now.
...no?

panda clue fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 9, 2016

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
The new kennen/ww/fiddle/morg splashes look p good

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

panda clue posted:

Unironically this, considering the stance him and his entire company take on slinging poo poo of any kind at anyone, jokingly or not.
I don't think you understand this "stance" but ok.
Yes?

Click the role you want and usually you get that role. Click the champion you want to play and unless it is some overplayed bullshit and your teammates are not trolling you can get it. Easy.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Bholder posted:

Click the role you want and usually you get that role. Click the champion you want to play and unless it is some overplayed bullshit and your teammates are not trolling you can get it. Easy.
I already explained what I would like on this page - essentially the equivalent of the system they have since removed. What you are describing, and what currently exists, is not that.

Bholder posted:

I don't think you understand this "stance" but ok.
After following this game and company for more years than most people have been playing it, I think I understand it quite well.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Bholder posted:

You are an idiot if this is what you think people are saying lmao

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Bholder posted:

Explain why they removed Ranked Teams then?

panda clue
May 23, 2014
The best part about insulting players that prefer to play alone is that dynamic queue can literally not function without solo players.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

panda clue posted:

I already explained what I would like on this page - essentially the equivalent of the system they have since removed.

How did old solo queue guarantee the champion you wanted to play?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Blaming all of Riot's problems on Lyte is the silliest thing. He's a psychologist, they hired a psychologist to try to not make League players the most heinous assholes on the Internet, it's had a noticeable positive effect.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think dynamic queue is amazing tbh

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Double post on phone? Odd

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Blaming all of Riot's problems on Lyte is the silliest thing. He's a psychologist, they hired a psychologist to try to not make League players the most heinous assholes on the Internet, it's had a noticeable positive effect.

people at riot sometimes phrase things poorly but i think their hearts are generally in the right place with these things

panda clue
May 23, 2014

kingcobweb posted:

my experience has been that people still seem like assholes, but now everyone feels like they have a gun pointed at their account so they try to be as restrained as possible while still getting their point across

2013: top stop loving feeding you idiot human being

2016: top, could you stop dying so often i would really appreciate it, thanks

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Dynamic queue is whatever but new champ select is the best thing to happen to ranked league of legends since support income items

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Anyone else get really sad on the loading screen when their top laner has teleport and yours isn't playing panth but took ignite anyway?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

panda clue posted:

my experience has been that people still seem like assholes, but now everyone feels like they have a gun pointed at their account so they try to be as restrained as possible while still getting their point across

2013: top stop loving feeding you idiot human being

2016: top, could you stop dying so often i would really appreciate it, thanks

This seems........ Good. I'm in favor of getting called a human being less often online.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Gridlocked posted:

Anyone else get really sad on the loading screen when their top laner has teleport and yours isn't playing panth but took ignite anyway?

How I learned to stop worrying and love Verviticus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
i'm gay and my friends all call me a human being but its actually cause im a huge loser human being

• Locked thread